the unwanted message

Thoughts

 

 

"Hey..." She quickly erases it.

 

 

"How are yo....." and erase it again

 

 

"It's been so long....I kinda miss...." and erased it again.

 

 

She sighed... a big sigh.... and slapped her forehead, back slamp against the soft mattress.....

 

 

"Gosh, I missed her.." And her phone vibrated...

 

 

once....twice.... thrice...

 

 

and that got her attention...

 

 

she was looking at her phone as it produce light across the dark room.. She doesn't have to wonder who it was... She was pretty convinced it was the person she is thinking of... the person she wanted to message her... and slowly, she got her phone.... A smile can be seen.... but it clenched her heart.... She closed her eyes...

 

 

" It still hurts.... but I miss you so much...." said her thoughts

 

 

She hold her phone and look at the screen..

 

 

"Sica....." As she read the name of the sender.... she tapped the message and read it.

 

 

"Yoong..." said the first message

 

 

"How are you?" the second message.

 

 

"I happened to see you earlier but you seemed in a rush you didn't notice..." the third message...

 

 

She sighed again... How is she supposed to answer the message....

 

 

Should she reply? with a casual one? formal one? what? It's been 10 years... yet she still have the same ing effect... Words are narrowed down to three, and those words are "I miss you..." Subconsciously, she type those words.... And hit send.... Before she could blink her eyes, her phone vibrated.

 

 

" I missed you too Yoong~ Shall we meet?" Came the message....

 

 

She wanted to hear her voice... She no longer wanted to type those silly words without expressions, she wanted to hear it herself and dialed the number... she waited for her to pick up, and say her name...

 

 

"Yoong~" She sighed....

 

 

All those years without communication, all those times she tried to forget her, hook anyone that comes her way, all those memories she tried to forget, all those messages she erased, all the things that kept reminding her, all those person that is connected to her that she avoided, all this time, with just a simple way of calling her name... It all came back.... It all comes back

 

 

"You shouldn't have pick it up..." She cursed herself silently for being a stupid person The other line chuckled.

 

 

"Then why did you call me?" Jessica said

 

 

why?? a lot of reasons are in her mind but none came out. couldn't betray her

 

 

"I thought I should be... I'm not sure either Jessica... How are you?" Yoong answered.

 

 

She went outside her room, on the balcony and rested her arms on the balcony, feeling the cold air against her arm.."It's been so long, 10 years right? I don't even know how to talk to you.. This is... awakward.."

 

 

Sica chuckled again. "You're still the same choding. What are you doing?"

 

 

"Not so much, pretty much the same since we parted..."

 

 

"I wished I could say the same Yoong... A lot has changed for me.. but there's one thing that I would like to stay the same..."

 

 

Yoona sighed. She thought this conversation should be stopped. "Before you say anything, you have to think if its right to say that or you're going to..."

 

 

"I still want you!" Jessica interrupted

 

 

Yoona's heart skip a beat.. Her breathing stiffen... Did she heard it wrong, what does Jessica even wanted this time?

 

 

"W-what.. what do you want?" Her words are direct..

 

 

"You heard me... I still want you to be part of my life, 10 years Yoona, 10 years that I put into waste thinking where the hell you are, what the hell are you doing, who the hell are you with, if you're okay. if you san sleep well every night, if you have eaten! 10 years of my life I was thinking of you! 10 years and yet it seems just like yesterday, when I saw you earlier... " Jessica exploded..

 

 

But she is not done yet. She wanted to convince the deer, to go back home,, " Please, earlier, the time stopped when you appeared right in front of me... I wanted to say your name but my tongue was tied, I wanted to move and hold your hand but I was stunned, I can't even breathe properly. At the same time, I was hurting that up to that moment, I can't do anything when it comes in front of you.." her voice weakens..

 

"Just like 10 years ago..." Yoona smirked and closed her eyes...

 

"Yoona.. please..."

 

 

"You can't do anything to stand by me, just like 10 years ago.. what's the difference now...." her words are bitter... She wanted to go back to her but she's hurting. Alone the fact that Sica appeared again in her life... Why does she even talks to her right now...

 

 

When Jessica's voice alone can convince her to go back to her cat...

 

 

She sighed deeply..."You're still as selfish as ever..."

 

 

There's no reply, not even a sound...

 

 

"Why didn't you change your number?"

 

 

Yoona also asked herself why... "You know that important contacts are in this number, I can't changed it easily..."

 

 

"Lame..." Sica whined.

 

 

Yoona wanted to chuckle but she doesn't want to give in. She don't want Jessica to see hope... They can't be together.. They can't.. She's having a peaceful life now.... She can't just ruin it after moving on. She barely moved on...

 

 

"Don't deprived yourself Yoona, I wanted to know what's on your mind.." Sica's voice became serious. "Of what you feel..'

 

 

She felt quiet...

 

 

"I also saw you earlier...." she confessed..

 

 

Jessica's breathing can be heard sharply.

 

 

"Y-you saw me?"

 

 

"Yes, I saw you. Not knowing what to do, I just went on the flow of pretending that you're not there. I'm also not sure if that was really you, then you messaged me, that confirms that it was really you..."

 

 

A moment of silence...

 

 

No one dared to speak... waiting for the other to speak... it's been 10 years and now they are arguing again. Not agreeing to what the other wanted. Jessica thought, was she wrong that she contacted Yoona? Is she still hurt? Is she being insensitive... Jessica contemplated for a moment if contacting Yoona make it worth the risk.. At last Jessica being impatient herself first speak up

 

 

"Do you still hate me?"

 

 

Yoona found it unbelievable that Jessica is still clueless as ever... She closed her eyes to control herself being angry at the peak of her emotion. 10 years of forgetting the person that hurts you to death and just appeared out of nowhere telling you she wanted you ti be part of her life..

 

 

She smiled..

 

 

"I always thought that the best thing you did was leave me before, for my own sake, I always believe that you have your own reasons Jessica.. Of why you broke up with me, I even blame myself if I was being obssessive of some sort, just to justify the pain you've caused me. Just to put closure of the thing you just ended easily..." She Shook her head

 

 

"You were my life... You know that it was always you... There's nothing that could measure how much I loved you. I was confused. I kept asking myself before. I cried so hard..." Tears are now escaping her eyes, making her voice broke.. "I cried so much that night you left, I cursed you when you left, I thought that you also felt the same as I felt for you but you just left... then i would heard from someone related to us that you just found a new one few months after you left that day."

 

 

"Yoong..."

 

 

"And you know what's so irritating,? the bitter truth that no matter what you did, what happend before, I seem to forgotten that now after I heard voice.. I kept contemplating whether I should tolerate this or not, m-my brain kep doubting yet my heart ache for you so much!"

 

 

Jesica heard Yoona broke down.. She can't believe that after all these years, she is still hurt.. and she brought more pain than ever...

 

 

"I'm sorry Yoong.... I always love you,.., yes, I looked for someone because i thought ours wouldn't work.. I felt suffocated the fact that you are so in love with me that I might cause you pain, that I might not capable of returning that love... I was afraid that I couldn't do things the way you could do them for me... i was so helpless, I felt so stupid and selfish, I got annoued at you easily to see what were the things you can't do, but it seems that you can do everything for me... " Jessica tried to explained,

 

 

"If you were afraid, why did you leave?" Yoona raised her tone. She is mad. Mad at what she's hearing. "Instead of embracing my flaws, you went to someone else to fulfill what you can't do for me. I am not someone else Jessica, you should have treated me for who I am.. I you were in doubt you're not the right one for me before, what makes it different now?" Yoona snapped

 

 

"I had so much to say Yoong.. For me it's only you, I made a mistake before and I've learned from it. That day I left, I was not happy with my decision, I was about to go back but seeing you so broken made me thought that I should let you.. I was not good enough for you. I was not good enough to stay by your side... that you deserve someone better.."

 

 

"If that's true, why did I still hope that it should still be you? I was waiting for you to call, message me, that I forgot that I was waiting for you.. the same reason I forgot to change my number..."

 

 

"Yoong, let's give this time a chance? please, I wanted to see you..." Jessica don;t want to hear any more reasons from her. It's already midnight and her head aches

 

 

"This time... I will be by your side..." Jessica assured

 

 

and her heart dropped...

 

 

"You know that we can't be together this time. You shouldn't message me. I could have not contacted you..A-as much as I wanted to, I can;t.. I don't know how to trust you again.."

 

 

"Let me in Yoong and prove to you that I'm worthy this time..."

 

 

And the call dropped...as Jessica's heart was shattered into pieces.. Did Yoona already gave up on her?