Nako x Wonyoung 1

Unnamed Drabbles Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Another Vlive without me again, huh?" Wonyoung sighed, exasperated. The phone on her hand was showing the current situation inside a room where all of the available unnies are, except for her. Some members were still on break after all, with Yuri who went back to Busan, Sakura who was busy with her gaming, and finally, Chaeyeon who was spending time with her family.

 

"I wish I'd grow up sooner." The maknae fixated her gaze on the screen, her eyes showing the loneliness she always felt whenever the clock strikes 10 in the evening. "But then… If I do, then IZ*ONE would be over, wouldn't it?" The loneliness in her eyes was then replaced by sorrow. She was right. IZ*ONE isn't a permanent group so if she did wish to grow up sooner, then the group's time would pass at the same rate. Sometimes, Wonyoung liked being the smartest in the group. (Correcting Yujin's grammar was one of her favorite things to do.) However, this wasn't one of the times she liked that fact. She can't dream anymore after all. Another sigh escaped her lips, and if luck oozed out whenever a person sighs, Wonyoung is so sure 40% of her own luck had gone out by now. Just like that, her thoughts continued and the gears in her mind kept turning, not minding every passing minute as her back was slouched on the couch.

 

"Wonyoungie?" A voice called out, distracting her from her gloomy thoughts.

 

The maknae turned around, seeing the shortest among them. This made her fix her posture. "Nako-unnie, what are you doing here?"

 

Nako's eyes were darting elsewhere, its owner suddenly taking the seat beside Wonyoung's. "Well, I was bored being in the Vlive so I asked Hitomi to sub me out. Good thing a certain radish was there." The vertically challenged unnie sighed, slouching her back on the couch as well, coupled with the sudden stretching of her legs.

 

"So what are you doing here with that frown, Wonyoungie?" asked Nako, looking at Wonyoung with a worried expression on her face. Even if it wasn't official, to Nako, Wonyoung is one of the cutest beings to exist on the planet. And if her heart wasn't officially sacrificed to honor God Jihyo, she would offer it to the cute rabbit in front of her. Maybe she could but the impending guilt of having to withdraw her affection from her God Jihyo was making her think otherwise. Screw it, Wonyoung is cute. Nako planned to give a love offering to her Jihyo shrine afterwards, just to make amends for tonight's betrayal.

 

"Nothing. Just a little bit lonely, I guess?" Wonyoung gave a miserable smile before continuing, "I miss a lot of good times just because I'm a minor and can't appear on Vlives after 10." With a sigh, Wonyoung concluded, "Curfew ."

 

"You're right." Nako's eyes moved from Wonyoung to the phone screen, the current events showing a certain radish pouting because her bread has to go to sleep now. Nako tried thinking of something to cheer the giant maknae up, maybe something good about curfews. Nako knew how it felt after all. She missed a lot of shows just because it was past curfew when they were taken. But then, she remembered how she spent her time with her friends who were also minors at that time and how their conversations were only theirs to keep. That. Maybe that was a good thing.

 

Breathing in and out, Nako prepared to say the words in her mind.

 

"Curfew isn't always sad." Nako took one of Wonyoung's hands and gave it a light squeeze. "After all, you get to spend quality time with people you like. With the tales being only yours to keep." The older looked up, her gaze meeting Wonyoung's. "And you also get to have more sleep." Nako finished it with a childish grin on her face.

 

Wonyoung pondered about it and maybe, it was enough to convince her. The last one was enough to make her giggle.

 

This was the unnie that always takes care of her, even with their height differences. This was the unnie who gives her all just to make her smile. This was the cute unnie who managed to steal her heart somehow. And she can't tell Nako that.

 

"Thank you, Nako-unnie." Wonyoung returned the older's smile with her own childish grin. Nako saw it and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter