the one with the glasses

The Stunner and the Stunned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

unbetaed, so please excuse any mistakes ♡

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun had never liked hotels. They always reminded him of when he was a kid and his family would all share one tiny room on their summer vacations because his dad was too cheap to spring for a separate room for the kids. Unfortunately for him, working at Kim Publishing has had required him to go on at least one business trip a month. Sometimes to meet up with authors, other times for some convention where everyone usually just got drunk to distract themselves from the dreariness of it all. 

Usually he’d at least get his own room, but not this time. No, this time he was stuck sharing a room with one of the other editors. It could’ve been worse, Baekhyun thought as he unpacked his suitcase. He could’ve had to bunk up with Chanyeol from marketing, who had always been known in the company as quite the talker. He was glad that out of all his coworkers, Sehun was the one he was with. He and Sehun were hired around the same time, so they’ve been friends ever since. Well, work friends, as close as two people could get without actually spending any time together outside of their dull grey office. 

“You’d think that with all the money the company makes, they’d at least be able to get us each our own rooms.” 

Sehun made a sound that vaguely resembled a chuckle under his breath and pushed his silver framed glasses up with his index finger. He did this often, Baekhyun’s noticed. Usually when he was nervous. Or when he was thinking. Or anytime, really. Once when Baekhyun was bored, he discreetly counted the number of times the other adjusted his frames within thirty minutes. Their desks were right across from each other, so it wasn’t that difficult. Baekhyun had stopped counting after the twenty ninth time. On the thirtieth time, Sehun caught him staring and quickly looked away like he was the one who was creepily watching his coworker. Baekhyun found it extremely amusing. 

“Yeah, but at least it’s a nice hotel,” Sehun said. 

Baekhyun nodded, it was a pretty nice hotel, the nicest one they’ve stayed at so far. The walls were a lovely shade of ivory, the carpet an elegant, deep forest green, which matched the drapes and bedding on both of the queen beds on either sides of the room. Their view from the giant window was of the city of Tokyo, which looked absolutely beautiful at night with all the lights of the neon signs. 

“Do you wanna shower first, Sehun? I’m gonna lie down for a little first, I’m exhausted from the flight.”

“Yeah, okay. Thanks.” 

Sehun’s responses were always quick and concise. He had always been quite quiet, even when they met on their first day together. Baekhyun was almost positive the other didn’t like him at first because of how little he spoke to him, but then he realized that he was just shy. It made him a pretty good listener. Sometimes Baekhyun would catch him on his lunch break and go on and on about some book he’d been reading all weekend. Usually his coworker wouldn’t say a word; sometimes Baekhyun wasn’t even sure the other was listening until he’d finally hear the occasional hum of acknowledgement. He would’ve stopped if he thought he was bothering him, but Sehun never really seemed to mind. 

Ten minutes later, Sehun stepped out of the bathroom now dressed in a simple black t-shirt and grey sweatpants. His glasses were all fogged up from the steam. Baekhyun had never seen his coworker in casual clothes before. It was a nice change from his usual button up shi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter