Let’s Dance

Breakfast Love Stories


Breakfast Love Stories 1 

Let’s Dance: Where Baekhyun is a senior at university and Chanyeol tries to be brave to get what he wants.

 


“Sniff..” 

“Chanyeol…” 

“Sniff..”

“Yeol please! You’ve been there for like an hour now!”

“Why do you *sniff* always bother me at times like this *sniff*” 

“Oh my goodness! That’s because you’re being very stupid! And you’re always this stupid!” The other male says as he pulls on the blanket hard, uncovering the crying male.

“SEHUN! Why did you do that?!” 

“Get the out of bed Yeol! Wash your face and stop crying!” 

But the crying man pays no heed to his friend. And continues to sniff.

“They were only hugging Yeol! Why are you crying?” Sehun huffs out and sits on the swivel chair of his computer desk.

“But he never even looks at ME! He is also like me! What do I not have that he has?” Chanyeol yells and Sehun decides to ignore his room mate.

“Whatever. Do you want bubble tea?” The other male asks getting up.

“No…” 

“Pizza?”

“No…”

“Burger?”

“No..”

“Baekhyun?” 

Chanyeol only gives Sehun an offended glare as he crosses his arms over his chest.

“Do you want Ice cream?” 

Taller of two perks up at the mention of The food..

“Can you bring me butterscotch and cookie dough?” Sehun laughs at his friend’s cute requesting face.

“Yeah, anything for you.” 

 

 

 

“Kris sunbae!” The said male halts. Looking back at the person calling out his name. 

“Oh, Chanyeol! Hello.” And Chanyeol knew. He just ing knew why his crush would always stick to this man. GOD! This smile! It even took his breath away!

“Hello sunbae…” Kris looks at his junior questioningly. He was fidgeting. 

“Do you have anything to ask..?” 

“I..uh.. have you seen him?” A cute blush crept up on the junior’s face and It didn’t go unnoticed by the older. 

“Who’s him?” Kris was going to tease his junior a bit. And Chanyeol just clenched his eyes shut. Blush deepening.

“Uh.. Baekhyun.. Baekhyun sunbae.. have you seen him?”

“Baek…? Hmmm…”

Baek? He even called him by a nickname? This thought made the younger’s blood boil.

“He’s in the library I think.” And Kris sees a brightened faced Chanyeol yelling a thank you and dashing towards the staircase. 

Entering the library, Chanyeol’s eyes instantly searched for the mop of light brown hair. And his heart skipped a beat when he spotted the man he was looking for. He was drowned into writing something on white sheet.

“What are you doing here?” The brunette asks.

“It’s the library..?” Chanyeol replied sheepishly.

“Yeah, I can see that. Why are you here?” Baekhyun points at the table he was sitting in.

“I… I was looking for you.” The shorter male raises his brow and the taller man sits in front of him.

“Why?” 

“I…” Chanyeol was feeling rather nervous. 

“You?” 

“I wanted to ask you something.” Baekhyun put his pen down. And looked at the man sitting in front of him. It made the younger nervous.

“Yes. Please hurry. I have a class just in few minutes.” The brunette hurries.

“Is Kris Sunbae going to be your partner?”

“Partner? Partner in what?” Baekhyun asks not understanding the question.

“Uh.. you know. Partner for your annual dance?” Chanyeol in a deep breath. He needed to prepare for the reply.

“No. I can’t take a batch mate as my partner.” The senior replies, looking at his junior intently.

“Then .. is Jongin going to be your partner?” And Baekhyun spats back at the question.

“Why do you want to know?” And Chanyeol felt weird and nervous. But Baekhyun saw the younger’s face. How it changed after the words came out of his mouth. 

“Perhaps you want to be ?” The brunette asks and Chanyeol looks at his, clearly shocked. 

“What…?” 

“Yeah.. I know baby bro..” the older male took his time to admire the flustered man. Who was having a hard time trying not to blush. 

“What nonsense! Wha.. what are you saying.” 

“Awww.. don’t be shy. I know how much everyone loves me.” Baekhyun says as he give the tall man a cocky grin and the latter only huffs out a breath. 

“Aren’t you being very cocky?” Chanyeol asks and Baekhyun laughs despite being in the library.

“Well, a cocky Baekhyun is a y Baekhyun.” And then, Chanyeol gets a wink in response that makes his eyes roll. 

“But you know, if you ask me nicely… I might make you my partner…” The brunette says and Chanyeol whips his head up to look at the male.

“What?” 

“Yeah.. like sunbae, please take me with you to your dance!” Baekhyun wanted to laugh at his own joke, but the taller man looked serious. 

“If I do that.. you’ll really take me?” And Baekhyun hums.

“I’ll think about it. Depends on how you’ll do it.” 

“Okay. Then be ready.” Baekhyun hears the taller man say as he gets up and exits the library.

You see, Baekhyun was in his senior year of college. And they have like this tradition, where they get to arrange an annual dance. Just like high school proms. But department wise only. He yet had to find a partner. Not like he had to. But this guy named Chanyeol who was his two years junior kept hinting at him about how much he liked him. Constantly sending him him things like a high schooler in love. But Baekhyun loved them  anyway. He wasn’t unused to this kind of attention. People was after him like herds of .. you know. 

es 

But something about Chanyeol’s approach carried innocence. That Baekhyun loved. And he might or might not have thought of asking his junior to be his partner for the dance too. But Never in his wildest dreams, Baekhyun would have thought that his junior would take his words by heart and do something like this. 

He and his group of friends were lounging in one of the benches of their college ground. When Chanyeol came. With a oversized sweater and round glasses sitting on his bridge of nose. He looked cute.

“Sunbae…” Even though Chanyeol was feeling very nervous, he wanted to do this. He wanted to be brave and tell Baekhyun. That how much he wanted to go on this dance with this senior.

“Please let me go with you on your annual dance!” The tall male said and bowed in front of his man of concern, who was too shocked to say something.

“Wow Byun! Who’s this kid? He’s cute!” Baekhyun could hear Jongdae say.

“Yeah! Hey kid! What’s your name?Let me take you with me!” When Chanyeol looked up, he saw a doe eyed guy blinking cutely at him. He noticed how this senior’s accent sounded a bit weird.

“Oh yeah Chanyeol. You definitely should go with Luhan. Cause Mr. Byun had already agreed to go with Jongin  DAYS ago.” And finally, Kris spoke up. Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at the male. One male was shocked
The other offended.

“Kris! Hey what the man? Why did you say that?” Baekhyun yelled at his tall friend then looked at his junior. Who, clearly looked very hurt. Before Baekhyun could say anything, he just made a dash for the main building. 

“What the dude? When did I say something to Jongin?” Baekhyun launched at his friend who was rather cool about the smaller man’s outburst.

“Well, shouldn’t you console Chanyeollie first Baek?” Baekhyun let go of Kris, and made a dash towards where the taller man ran off to. But Baekhyun was a bit too late. Chanyeol was already gone.

Chanyeol couldn’t believe how things turned out. He should have listened to Sehun when he said asking his sunbae like that was a bad idea. But he really really wanted to get to know the other male more. In the end he was just mocked for having that kind of feelings for his senior. Sitting on his bed, Chanyeol could feel his eyes welling up again. How many times has it been? Since he’s started to cry for what that guy did? 

How many times the guy just read his letters and didn’t  bother to even smile? He just felt stupid. Stupid for being head over hills for Baekhyun. He doesn’t know when it. Butterflies fluttering in his tummy whenever he saw the older.

Maybe when on a gloomy day when the rain poured over his head but all he could see how this one particular guy was wetting himself in the rain because he wanted to have the romantic feels of “dancing in the rain” 

Maybe when he went to cafeteria every day, he’d hear the boisterous laugh of that man. So carefree and heartfelt. 

Or maybe when Baekhyun would come to their class with leaflets in hand saying something like we’re in need of volunteers for our upcoming cultural program or something. He was too busy to look at his seniors face only. 

Chanyeol often wondered if he even had the chance. Chance to stand beside this ball of sunshine. And it broke his heart because today,  he was rudely reminded how undeserving he really was. 

That Jongin guy, had everything Baekhyun or any other person could ever wish to have in the person they’d love. He was good looking, he danced, he sang, he also did part time modelling. And there Chanyeol, he was…

Nothing.

Just a nerdy guy who only knew how to do good with pen and paper. With all of these thoughts, Chanyeol just wanted to curl himself into his blanket and cry.

Also maybe call Sehun to bring him some ice cream later too. But before he could slip in his bed, a knock at his door rudely stopped him. 

“Chanyeol open the door please!” Chanyeol’s heart skipped a beat at the voice. 

“Chanyeol please let me explain!” But he didn’t have the courage to open the door yet. But then he heard the door unlocking and before he could register anything, he saw Baekhyun entering his room.

“How did you get the key?!” 

“Uh.. that Sehun kid gave me.” Baekhyun says as he comes closer to the tall man. 

“I’m sorry about earlier…” 

“You should have told me… that…” Chanyeol couldn’t finish his words. His tears clogged up his voice. Goodness! Why was he such a cry baby? 

“Hey! Chanyeol don’t cry like this! I’m sorry!” Baekhyun suddenly kneels on the ground beside the taller’s bed. Putting his palms on the younger’s knees. 

“I know I’m not someone you’d want to take as your partner Sunbae… but you should have told me..”  Chanyeol hiccups softly. 

“Hey don’t cry anymore…” Baekhyun looked upset. 

“ I know both of you are in good terms..I saw you guys hugging the other day. But I don’t know what came over my mind that I went to you like that today..” Chanyeol finishes and Baekhyun looks surprised for a moment. 

“You saw us .. hugging?” Chanyeol nods at the question. 

“That’s… I don’t know how to explain this..” 

“It’s okay sunbae. You don’t have to explain anything at all… I understand..”  the taller man says as he wipes the remaining tears off his eyes. Trying to force a smile out. But Baekhyun only shakes his head.

“No.. no..you.. you don’t understand.” 

“I have nothing with Jongin..” and the taller’s eyes goes wide with the revelation.

“He has some.. uh business with one of my classmates? Like I just helped him out a bit! Nothing else!” The senior defends himself. 

“But Kris sunbae…” Chanyeol couldn’t understand why would Kris lie then?

“I don’t know why that er lied! I’ll talk to him about it.” Baekhyun huffs, furrowing his brows together. 

“Oh…”

“Yeah…”

Silence fell over them. None of them talked for some moments and Baekhyun spoke up again.

“Uh.. I’m sorry for embarrassing you like that in front of my friends. Didn’t think you’d take my joke by heart.” The older replies apologetically. 

“It’s okay. It was my decision anyway..” the younger replies and they fall silent again. 

“Thanks for your gifts.. you know. Chocolates and stuffs..” 

Chanyeol’s head snaps up fast. Eyes wide and lips parted. Shock evident on his face.

“You..you had them?” Chanyeol couldn’t believe it. All this time, he thought his hard work went into vain! 

“Yeah.. it’s been a while since.. I had that kind of gifts of admiration you know. I liked them.” Baekhyun replies and Chanyeol looks at him dumbfoundedly. The new found information was too much for him to take.

“Oh.. I thought you didn’t have them in the end…” Chanyeol mumbles.

“No no..! How could I just not have them?!” And the taller man felt his heart skip a beat. 

“I see…” 

“Yeah… uh… so Chanyeol..” Baekhyun looks away. Pressing his lips together he takes a deep breath. 

“I still haven’t found a partner for my annual dance.. so you think you could lend me a hand or something?” The taller seems surprised for some moment. But quickly regains his demeanour and smirks.

“If you kiss me good, maybe I’ll think about it.” Baekhyun’s lips tug upwards in a smile as he pushes the younger in bed he himself following suit. 

Then pressing his lips against the other’s plump one. And Chanyeol couldn’t think straight after the man above him shoved his tongue in his mouth, cutting his air supply.