Chapter 1

Reset

Chapter 1

 

[April 15, 2018]

 

It felt like forever. I have been staring at him for about 2 minutes straight. Just waiting for him to acknowledge me or I don’t know, do something? But his pose was still rigid. Head up high and all that. I don’t even know what was that interesting about the lecture today. Nevertheless, there he was, paying attention to the no brainer.

“Look upfront missy!”

Or maybe I am the one with no brain.

.

Now wasn’t today just great? I got ignored by that one boy in class and on top of that I get tons of work I didn’t even ask! Dragging my bag sullenly, I wonder how am I going to finish all this work. How about library? Nah, I won’t be able to focus there. Park? It gets annoying with all bugs hanging around at nighttime. Hm, I think I know.

When it comes to secluded corner, it has to be the rooftop! I forgot the school installed a new bench here so it’s perfect for eating lunch with friends, even though I don’t have any in this school. Therefore I don’t have any use out of it before. But now, because no brainer gives me so much crap to work on. It doesn’t seem like a bad idea to work here. Taking all the paper out first and deciding which section they goes. I like my work to be specified you see.

“Why are you here?”

Lifting my head, I see that particular boy who ignored me in class so rudely just standing there looking like he just seen a ghost. Too bad pretty boy, it is just plain old me.

“Why? Am I not allowed to?”

“No, you are not supposed to be here.” Panicky expression flashed in his eyes. Even when it stutters like that. Oddly enough, I found his eyes enchanting.

“Excuse me, but I think I am the one deciding where I want to be,”

He didn’t say anything back. Just looking at me and analyzing something I don’t know.

Awkward silent engulf us. My eyes raked through the work load. Deciding the pretty boy is just not worth it.

Standing up. I look straight to his eyes. Pretending to be strong willed woman even when I am a mess inside. I don’t know what’s gotten into me. Like I don’t even like confrontation at all yet here I am eye to eye with this strange boy.

“Look, I get it. You for some reason, didn’t want me to be here. If you catch me on regular day, I would have fight you, but I have so much to work on. So today, I’ll just leave.”

There, I said it. Even though he and I pretty much know I won’t fight him any day because I don’t look much like a fighter let’s be honest. His eyes flashed of something unreadable like he was trying to analyze what was this girl in front of him is saying. I don’t think what I am saying is hard to understand, I am just tired and I have loads of stuff to go through yet this boy is just making it difficult. Unable to hold my gaze, I broke the eye contact and start collecting the papers. Pouting in the process because I have to organize them again. Just before I came around to the last bit. A hand came to halt.

“I’m sorry.”

His face is void of all emotion

“You can use this place. I’m just shocked because I never saw you around.”

Oh.

Well, that was weird. Why would he be shocked, like this is school faculty you know? Of course you are going to see unfamiliar faces all of the time because there are so much students on this school. But I decided to safe my rant and not comment any further.

Huffing, I put back all my work onto the table, finally ready to start on working. Unless this boy apparently just continue staring at me which is not weird at all.

“Umm, are you going to do anything besides you know, burning holes through me?”

Flustered, he blinks twice and mouth agape looking like a cute goldfish. Wow, I did not just think that.

“Sorry, I just… don’t know how to react to stuff like this. You see, this is the first time.”

React to what exactly? Isn’t it quite normal for students to go to place like this and I don’t know, do their work and stuff? This boy is something else and first time? First time for what? I assume not about interacting with girl because he’s pretty popular with them already. When I was wondering how to respond, he just take a seat on the bench and start on looking at my work pile.

“Is this all you have to work on?”

“Uh yeah. No brain- I mean Sir Kim usual punishment doesn’t stray that far other than multiplying homework by a hundred more.”

He snorted and I smile a bit at that. Well, at least he knows how to get a joke. His eyes raked through all of my work before muttering,

“Can I help?”

I think about it for a moment. If I, by any miraculous incident managed to finish all this, it will be the next morning to say the least, because I am self-aware that I am not the brightest when it comes to academics. Let alone in any department to be honest.

“Sure! That would be great help, thankyou Baekhyun!”

At the sound of his name escaping my lips, his eyes flicker to met mine. Looking more brown than before.

“You know my name,” he said sounding more like a statement.

“Well of course I do. We are in the same class dummy.”

“No,” he shakes his head. “Before you didn’t even bother to know my name.”

“Huh? Before? Did we talk somewhere else before?”

Realizing he’s not making any sense. He shakes his head adamantly before focusing himself back to the work pile.

“No, forget about it. Can I borrow your pen?”

After lending him one of my pens, we start working on the assignments in silent. No brainer really did go hard on these assignments, I thought since there were so many, it was gonna be easy but apparently not. Seeing as I am not moving my utensils, he look up from his work and teasingly ask

“Having a problem?”

Ugh, why do you have to rub it in with that tease. Glaring at him weakly, I mutter

“...yes. I don’t get why I can’t get this value of x no matter how many formulas I applied.”

  His smirk got wider.

“Well, I think it’s because you are too busy drilling holes at certain someone in class to remember which formulas you need to apply huh?”

Gasping, I stared dumfounded at him.

“You knew!!”

“Only because it’s hard to ignore stares that intense”

He propped one hand with his elbow and staring at me on the spot

“Why were you staring at me like that?”

Gulping because I just get busted, I finally let my voice out

“It’s because I got intrigued...”

Not expecting that kind of answer, he blinks slowly

“Intrigued?... in me?”

“Yeah”

I nod hesitantly

“I was just curious… I might be wrong though,”

Confusion filled his eyes, he didn’t say anything in response, silently prompting me to continue.

“Yesterday, before I go home, I had to deliver my paperwork to the teacher’s office on the 3rd floor,” I trail off, hoping to catch some sort of reaction. Still nothing, so I continue.

“On my way back, I notice one of the door leading to third year class were slightly open,”

At the mention of that, his posture become slightly tense. He raised his eyebrow. But I could sense something in his eyes. Was that fear?

“As a good student, I made an effort to close it before I went home,” I looked away, his eyes are becoming more and more tense and I could not bear any longer of eye contact.

“But not before realizing that there was still student inside, and that student,” I pause “was crying.”

I finally looked at him again. Baekhyun, already leaning back on the bench, arms crossing. He was being defensive now.

“And? What’s that gotta do with me? In case you got amnesia or something” He flinched, “We are first year,”

He panics, I didn’t even say the accusation, but he brought it upon himself. I smirk, “Why, I didn’t say that student was you in the first place.”

He gulped, “I know, but I don’t see where this story would lead up to me though,” His eyes are frantic now, seeming difficult to find where to focus.

Feeling bad that I put him on the spot, I let it go, “Alright alright, that third year student looked like you from the back, so like I said I was curious,”

Baekhyun looked like a ton of brick is finally removed from his back. His posture becoming much more relaxed now, I can see he is becoming himself again. “Huh? So a third year that looks like me was crying by himself after school hour? Man, such a loser,” He tries to make a joke out of it, it sounded hollow and I should have let out a pity laugh but I didn’t.

“Don’t’ say that, if you were there yesterday, then you would have heard his cries. It sounds,” I stops and look down on my hand, “so sad like his heart was torn to pieces,” I didn’t see Baekhyun face after I said that, but if I would have just raise my head, then I would have seen him in utter speechless.

We stayed like that for a couple of seconds before I heard him whispering something.

I raise my head,

“Huh? Did you just said something?”

Then he smiled, rather sadly and shake his head. Suddenly, his expression was controlled and something in my chest hurt. Like something was telling me that I have seen that expression before.

As haphazard as his entrance, he stands up. Seemingly can’t risk another hour to be with me any longer.

“I’ve done my part and I gotta do something so I’m going first.”

With that said, he left me alone with half the work done.

I looked at him from the back, and again something tells me, this is not the first time.

This is not the first time, Byun Baekhyun walked out on me.

 

TBC

 

An: Wow has it been a year? My bad, last year I got my first job so there is my excuse ^^. I made a change in this chapter so I am reuploading it J