Chapter 1

Just One Kiss

"But guys, have you considered she might not be gay?" They were discussing about the incentives for the winner when Jungeun asked. They seemed to be ignoring that fact and Jungeun is the type of person to respect someone's uality.

 

In the middle of her sentence about free food, Jinsoul turned to Jungeun. "Spaghetti is straight until it's wet," the blonde smiled innocently which contrasted with her statement.

 

"But she's not a spaghetti."

 

"Don't take it literally, Jungeun," said Sooyoung. Jungeun gave her a look but the woman was facing where Jiwoo sat at the cafeteria.

 

"I know. But still..."

 

Sooyoung turned back to face them this time. "She might look like the straightest girl out there but my gay dar is pinging when I look at her. Ever heard of a femme lesbian? What about a lipstick lesbian? Well, she might be that."

 

Jungeun glanced over Jiwoo as she take in Sooyoung's words. The woman was laughing, a laugh Jungeun can hear in her mind, unconsciously the tips of perked up. She's sitting beside Jeon Heejin, Jungeun's project partner last year. Heejin looked at Jiwoo fondly as the woman talk with animated gestures and expressions. Oh uh. Seems like another contender.

 

"So, we're all in. Right?" Jinsoul asked with her voice pitched up from excitement. Jungeun sighed and nodded along with the group. Guess there's no turning back, she thought and looked over to Jiwoo. Her eyes locked with the red head and she blushed when Jiwoo winked at her. How would I survive one kiss with this woman?



 

Jungeun counted with Sooyoung, recalling the steps for all of the routine together. They stopped when the door of the studio opened.

 

Jungeun's heart began to race and it's not because of dancing. Jiwoo entered the dance studio hesitantly then proceeded to talk with their leader, Hoseok. She look as amazing as ever. Her hair bounced with each step she take and it took Jungeun's breath away.

 

"Is she joining?" Jungeun jumped at the voice coming beside her. She gave Sooyoung a glance before shrugging her shoulders.

 

"Well, it's a win for us." Sooyoung sauntered to them, inserting herself into the conversation smoothly.

 

Jungeun watched as Jiwoo offered her friend a smile. They exchanged formalities, Sooyoung said something to the leader, then they're walking towards her.

 

"Jungeun!" Jiwoo's face brightened upon seeing her. Her steps sped up then she took the brunnette's hands and held it in hers when she stopped a few inches. Jungeun's instincts told her to pull away, not used to the contact, especially with someone she's not closed with, but the way Jiwoo stared at her gently held her down.

 

"How are you?" Jiwoo asked. She sounded genuine as if she's really interested in Jungeun's response, which she maybe is. It had been three days since their interaction.

 

"Missing your performance."

 

"Oh. I was expecting for someone to barge in the last time I was practicing."

 

Jungeun chuckled. She ignored the questioning look Sooyoung gave her. She would explain later. "Didn't have enough money for the ticket."

 

"For you, the ticket is free. You're my first fan after all." Jiwoo's smile gentled down but the glint in her eyes reminded Jungeun of her racing heart. She was almost thankful of Sooyoung for clearing .

 

"Well, I'm ready to pay no matter the price is," said Sooyoung. Her tone confident because that's what she is. She gave Jungeun a glance she immediately intercepted as I'll talk to you later. Jungeun pulled her hands from Jiwoo's.

 

"Wow, I don't deserve this love." Jiwoo laughed heartily before touching Sooyoung's arm. "I've decided, it's now a free concert."

 

I guess, she's sweet to everyone.

 

The leader then called out everybody. They all turned to him. "Everybody, we have a new member." He gestured to Jiwoo. "Introduce yourself." He smiled at her, probably trying to reassure Jiwoo because to Jungeun's surprise, she's suddenly all shy and nervous. Surprising herself more, Jungeun subtly held her hand.

 

"Hello, everyone. I'm Kim Jiwoo, 3rd year student. I'm–I'm not that good of  a dancer so don't worry about me stealing Hoseok's attention."

 

Everyone gave a chuckle.

 

"That's my goal," someone joked.

 

"My attention is equally divided," said Hoseok before walking up to Jiwoo. "Feel free to leave if you're really not into this."

 

"Don't take it personally. He always says it to the newcomers." Sooyoung patted Jiwoo's head. "Newcomers often leave too."

 

"I just don't want them to be wasting their time if this is not their passion." He smiled kindly then added, "Enjoy your time here."

 

He moved into the corner of the room where the main stereo is located. Jungeun remembered she was holding Jiwoo's hand when the red head gave it a squeeze. She immediately drop it, feeling her ears heat up.

 

"Thank you," Jiwoo whispered. Jungeun turned to her, her brows raised in confusion.

 

"For holding my hand. It helped me calm down."

 

"Ah... A--Anytime."

 

"Anytime, huh?" Jiwoo smirked and Jungeun gulped. I guess she's not just cute then, welp I'm screwed, Jungeun thought. She can feel Sooyoung's penetrating gaze this time. Good thing Hoseok call Sooyoung when she was about to meet her gaze.



 

Jiwoo was good. Better than Jungeun had expected. She almost died when they taught her the y routine and Jiwoo nailed it in front of her. How could someone have an angelic face and a sensuous body?

 

After the training, Sooyoung had a performance. An assignment Hoseok gave to her. Of course, Sooyoung used it as an opportunity to impress Jiwoo. If she took a shot every time Sooyoung directed her seductive look to Jiwoo, Jungeun would have been poisoned by alcohol.

 

Jiwoo was blunt in complimenting her. "Wow, that was hot! You were y." Sooyoung didn't expect her boldness, causing the woman to blush. Jungeun is slightly scared of Jiwoo's power after that.

 

Sooyoung invited Jiwoo to go home with them but the red head have somewhere to go. Sooyoung managed to get her number though.

 

"Text me so I can get yours. You too, Jungeun." Jiwoo moved to hug Jungeun before saying goodbye.

 

Sooyoung and Jungeun stood there in silence, watching Jiwoo walk away. Then as if realizing something, "Ah!" she stopped then turned back.

 

"Forgot to hug you too," she said to Sooyoung before hugging her. She left then without a glance back.

 

"Why is she so cute?" Sooyoung asked when Jiwoo disappeared from the corner.

 

Jungeun didn't answer because Sooyoung wasn't really asking. "Are you going to give me her number?"

 

"Nope," said Sooyoung with a popping p.

 

"Figures."

 

"I'm going to win this, Jungeun."

 

Jungeun spun and started their way home. I wouldn't let you, Jungeun said in her mind.