Ba(e)ker Wan

Universal Euphoria

To say that every students in school should be approachable and kind enough to help each other on their needs. 

“The concept of belonging. This is where you put yourself or others in a type of relationship where it should be close and private. Also, this is where you feel that you belong in someone's possesion as an individual, not just someone."

Wearing her everyday reading glass, seungwan managed to read her homework infront of her class. Letting out a sigh, she sat on her chair and continued writing down notes for her musical class, but her teacher on philosophy wouldn't just let seungwan do that in her class. 

"Seungwan." the small and petite woman in front called out her name. Just enough for her to look around and much to her surprise, a frowning Lee Sunkyu is standing infront of her, eyes are burning, ready to burn the poor seungwan. 

"Miss Seungwan? I want you to answer my question." 

'My dear goodness help me.' seungwan thought. She knew that she's about to be doomed any minute from now after her teacher drops her question and she'll answer it right away because her classmates expected her to answer difficult questions. 

'It's hard living your dull life while you're in college.'

"Is water wet?" 

What.

Is.

That.

Really.

A.

Question?

"uhm." seungwan hesitated, trying to find any suitable concepts that might help to her answer and make the answer more concrete just like what she always does. But things doesn't go the way you planned going to.

"Yes, I'm we- no, I mean. The water will be wet when you put another object into the water. Like for example, if i put my left hand, dry in the school's pond today with its water full of moss with its drastic smell, maybe I should consult the resident doctor in this school if my sanity is still there." 

'did i messed up my own salvation from miss sunkyu's wrath?' 

A angry sunkyu means an angry taeyeon. 

And wendy doesn't want that to happen. Never. 

Their teacher, now trying to compose herself after hearing seungwan's answer might explode anytime as she was gripping her red pencil skirt, showing her irritation and soon to be anger. And the whispers started to go from one another, implying that someone named Son Seungwan will be doomed anytime.

'please can someone in this class save this hel-' 

"I think i get the idea of her, miss sunkyu. Like the idea of getting your hand dipped in the non existent pond in the school and let's also add our resident doctor who is having her vacation for the next three weeks." 

Everyone in the class, including seungwan were frozen to their seats, silent as they listened to a deep but honey-like voice speaking from the farthest seat in the class. They knew who the owner of that voice, especially seungwan. 

"Seungwan-ssi is trying to say that, it is impossible to say that the water is wet. You depend on how you perceive each of its flaws as a tool. And with regarding to the statement, "water will become wet if you put another object in it." you already stated the standard of that said problem. So it's up to you if you're going to believe the scientific concept or the philosophical concept." 

Seungwan, together with the whole class and a shocked lee sunkyu were dropping their jaws out as they once again, heard the student who's one of the top elite students in ESTeam University.  

"Joohyun.." Seungwan whispered. 

Suddenly a loud but slow clap dominated the silence as the terror looking sunkyu before, looked more amazed at the performance of her most favorite student in her whole class. 

"You've always amazed me by your cognitive and analytical skills Joohyun-ssi. I would like you to meet me in the office after this class. Alright everyone, class dismissed." 

Seungwan felt relief once their teacher bid her goodbye as her classmates started walking to the cafeteria, but joohyun just stayed on her seat. She wanted to give the bread that she just made this morning as her token of appreciation for the save that she made earlier.  

After some debate that already finished in her little brain, seungwan decided not to give the bread as she's already walking towards the door but joohyun's voice stopped her. 

"Aren't you going to give me that bread you're holding now?" The question made seungwan froze, her system might not be working at this point, but she knew the better way to solve her crisis. 

But man. 

It wasn't the way she expected to see. 

A close proximity between joohyun and her. 

With joohyun's dark orbs piercing through into her system, trying to invade and-

"Can i have that bread of yours, seungwan-ssi?" 

When did joohyun used her whiny but cute voice in front of a spaced out seungwan? Maybe in this moment. As joohyun gave her sweetest smile to the already dazed seungwan now after getting the bread she just made in the morning. 

Seungwan wasn't able to recover that easily after her heart bread got snatched from her hands. But it's alright, maybe seungwan would love to make that happen again, maybe she'll just bake dozens of bread just to see joohyun smile and show her pearly white teeth as she takes big bites from the bread that seungwan made. 

But seungwan being the awkward seungwan that she is, and maybe will be her worst attempt in communication, tries to think ideas on how to talk with someone without stuttering. 

 

**

 

The taste of the bread that seungwan made can still ne tasted in joohyun's tongue. What did she liked about.the bread? 

Oh. Maybe the cute rabbit shaped bread that she really adored from her childhood. Or its unique taste that stands out the most in the said food. 

'Maybe i can buy from seungwan.. After class if she sells those delicious bread of hers.' joohyun thought as she watched the disappearing seungwan together with oceans of students outside their room.