Final

Treasure
Please log in to read the full chapter

If you ask someone what they love most, there's an array of possible answers you'll get back. For some people, an answer will come up quickly. For others, it takes a bit of time to decide.

What Choi Jonghyun loved was something simple, something not many others would answer with. He loved a song. Nothing more, nothing less. Just a song he had memorized and could sing at any given moment, if for some reason necessary. 

It wasn't that he was in to music - it wasn't his passion, it was just comforting. A song he listened to when he was happy, a song he listened to when he was sad. Every single day the familiar music would travel through his ears and ease his mind of worries. The song was, in a way, his best friend. The only thing he had a connection with.

He had no friends, no family. No one he liked or had an interest in, or anyone to look up to. He was alone. And whenever the feeling that something was missing would come up, he'd simply listen to his song and shake the bad thoughts away. Sometimes he would sing along as well, bringing a smile upon his face. Every word drilled into his brain, it was something precious, something he couldn't imagine living without. 

Sometimes he would cry. He'd cry because he wished he had more.  He wished he'd have just one single friend to talk to. He would curl up in his bed, tucked underneath his covers, listening to that song, and cry. His eyes closed, his mouth moving to the beat of the familiar words. Over and over again, until he slipped into a dreamless world of unconsciousness.

 Some days, he'd go to a bar, getting wasted to fill the void. Singing that song of his as he'd take another sip, gaining glances of everyone else out for a drink. A few times he would be told to shut up, but he'd just laugh it off in his drunken state, feeling on top of the world though tears would fi

Please log in to read the full chapter