Call Me

Call Me Before You Sleep

 "You sure it's a good idea to call you before you sleep, unnie?"

Yoona can only chuckle from hearing a groggy reply on the other side. Jessica needs a rest after a hard day at work and here she was, calling her to tease about her latest song.

"I can stay awake all night long if you're on the other side of the phone, you know?" The deer-like girl hummed in amusement as she continued eating her sandwich. It's not as thick as the sandwich she ate 10 years ago but hey, it reminds her of her lover.

"You sure Tyler wouldn't mind? Me calling you at 2 am and all that."

"Yoongie~!" She's definitely pouting from the mere mention of Tyler. He was technically her boyfriend on screen, media and all but her heart's already taken by an elementary school kid that has the looks of a grown woman.

Yoona let out her famous childish laugh, the laugh that would make her look similar to an alligator. She'd hug the girl right here and now if they weren't cucked by media and their working environment.

"You have an early day later, unnie-"

"Yoong, I can handle it, don't worry~"

And let you overwork yourself and let anaemia take over. Not gonna happen. She's seen it first hand before It hurts how she couldn't do anything to prevent it back then so the only thing she can do now is to remind her.

"Sica-unnie... remember what happened last time? You should rest now. Lack of sleep isn't good for you at your age."

"Im Yoon-Ah, are you calling me old?! I'm only a year older than you."

She doesn't want to fight about this... again.

"There's a difference between 30 and 29, unnie."

She heard the grumble on the other side, stupid Yoongie being most of it and maybe a pout in between. Jessica can easily let out her inner childish self when she's with Yoona. Mostly due to Yoona being childish herself.

"... do you not want to talk to me, Yoongie?"

Yoona nearly chocked on her sandwich from the sentence. Jessica wasn't being fair at all! She knows how weak she was with that.

"You're being unfair, unnie..."

"I'm not~ and it was a yes or no question."

She'd kiss the girl right now, it's only a 20 minute drive.

"You know I can't answer that-"

"Yes. or. no?"

She's getting her keys and continued the call on her earphones.

"If I say yes, would you end the call?"

There was a pause before she continued. Yoona was already in her car.

"Do you want me to end it?"

"If you promise that you'll sleep after that then yeah but knowing how you'd end up sulking for another hour if we did, let's just talk."

"Don't you sleep on me now then, Yoongie!"

The happy vibes from the other side of the call made Yoona herself feel happy too. Jessica's happiness has always been her priority as much as her health is too.

She wouldn't deny that she miss hugging the older woman. Giving her hand a quick squeeze and just Jessica being clingy. She missed doing that like how they did before.

Hugging during stages, holding hand, creatibg havoc, food pranks with the members. She missed that, she definitely did.

But something just had to stop her train of thoughts

"Yoona, are you driving now?"

And here she hoped tha Jessica wouldn't notice. "I'm just getting something to eat, don't worry."

"You ate a sandwich 10 minutes ago."

"You know how my stomach works. Not to mention how you'd grind on-"

"IM YOON AH!"

Jessica kept yelling on the phone to never mention their bed activities when they are out of their bedroom. Not that Yoona can ever be quiet if Jessica was loud to begin with.

Yoona can only giggle before she parked her car. And the door closing did took Jessica's attention.

"You've arrived at 7-11?"

"Who said anything about 7-11?"

Jessica rolled her eyes before laying down on her couch, not wanting to fall asleep just yet.

"You're ready to go to bed already?"

She sat up, hugging the deer doll Yoona gave her a few years back. If she told her that shr missed her, Yoona would probably laugh and come back with a cheesy remark. She's not in the mood for any of that- yet.

"Nope. Just laying on the couch."

"Unnie... lay on your bed. I don't want you to experience back pain the moment you wake up."

She rolled her eyes before laying sideways on said couch. "I canceled my plan for the whole day."

"You did?? Why?"

"Obviously to talk to you and finally some good sleep, Im Choding."

Yoona just nodded, a short hum in agreement.

"So... uh, I'm at your door now."

The older woman immediately sat up. "You're kidding right? Cause if you're joking with my emotions right now I swear Yoona, I'll make Soojung hunt you down."

Knocks can be heard at the door. "I have my own limits for jokes too you know, come on, open up. It's cold."

Leaving the deer behind, Jessica immediately went to her door and open it, not suspecting anything else.

"Hi."

She could punch the 29 year old right now, or maybe just close the door on her for pulling this stunt but no-

All she did was pull her closer and enjoy the warmth that she missed so much. "I missed you..."

"Same here. Let's go inside before people see, Sica-unnie."

And being the ice princess she is, Jessica wrapped her arms around Yoona's neck and let the girl do her job.

"You're lucky I love you."

"I know, love you too, Yoongie."