The Plum Blossom

No Road to the Sky
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 

The Plum Blossom 

~

 

“No! Don’t!” Jinri, one of the lowly flowers of the tribe, pulled Saerin arm, preventing her to move any further.   

Saerin wiped her tears, stared coldly at Jinri. Her blood-stained cheeks just made her looked scarier. Jinri hands trembled as she slowly moved away, after all, compared to Saerin, one of the most high-ranking flowers of the tribe, she was just an additional decoration in the garden. 

“It...it’s black magic...” Jinri slowly whispered, stole a glance at behind Saerin’s back before moved to look at her own bloody hands. 

A sigh slipped off from Saerin lips, she then bit her lower lips, brushing her long silky hairs away. “Chrysant, our tribe have been using the black magic since hundreds of years ago.” Saerin took two steps closer, grabbed Jinri’s shoulders as she coldly stared at the girl. Saerin was known for her unlikely cruelness, and Jinri knew it very well, they were childhood friends after all. “And besides, I just need a part of your heart, you wouldn’t die” It was said with finality, and it was the last thing Jinri heard before her world turned black. 

 

Jinhwan was the newly appointed governor of the North Star City, despite his short figure, he was popular among the women. He was known as genius, be able to read and mastered the Book of Rites before attended any formal school. Though his brain was what everymen would die for, his temperament was a bit troublesome. It was no secret if a lot of people aimed for his dead body. Lucky for him, Oh Sehun, his bodyguard was an ex assassin and knew how to handle one very well. 

“Master, I heard one of the concubines of the king is attending your party” One of the many women who accompanied Jinhwan softly said as she poured some wine into his cup. 

Jinhwan smiled, sipped on his wine as his eyes scanned the guests of his victorious party as the new governor. “Yeah, the High Consort Han is attending in behalf of the royal family” 

“Our Nation is surely appreciated a talent like Master, even the King sends his favorite concubine to heat up your party” Another girl commended Jinhwan, brushing his arm softly. Jinhwan just laughed, patted her hairs lightly. “Be careful there, sweetheart. Consort Han is favored by the King, your words can get you beheaded without any trial needed” 

At his words, her eyes widened in fear. She hurriedly bowed in, apologize for her carelessness. 

“Well, Governor Kim, this lowly concubine is curious. What is her fault that make her that frightened?” 

Soon, the attention was moved to the newly coming guest. Her beauty made the entire table silent. Her milky white skin seemed unreal and perfectly matched to her flower-like face. Her cheeks were rosy in natural blush, her lips were a perfect gradient of red and pink. Moreover, it was a rare beauty with a pair of cat-like eyes. It was an easy riddle, in a few seconds, the entire room had the same idea, she must be the king’s favorite concubine, the famous Consort Han. 

“Royal Consort Han?” Jinhwan called uncertainly, still awestricken by the beauty before his eyes. 

“I am glad Governor Kim recognizes this lowly concubine” She smiled, gracefully walked toward the head of the table. As she was coming closer, Jinhwan noticed how her silky dress was slightly thin and sometimes exposed her flawless legs. He gulped, his hand trembled as he took a sip on his wine. 

“It was my pleasure to have you to come to this small gathering, Your Highness” Jinhwan finally could find a reply after she took a seat at an empty spot beside him.  

It was no wonder if the king favored this concubine very much, Jinhwan would even divorce his current wife if he could have half of her beauty as a wife. Though, every inappropriate thought in his head must be totally dismissed as she was the king’s woman. “If I don’t know better, I would think that you’re a people from the Sacred Tribe, Your Highness” Jinhwan smiled, mentioned her outstanding beauty. 

The other officials in the room eagerly nodded their heads, having the same idea with the genius official. “What Governor Kim said is true. I myself never encountered a true flower before, but I can confidently say that you are an exceptional beauty, Your Highness” One of the lower officials beamed as he openly staring at the royal concubine.  

She giggled while covering half of her face with her long fingers in shyness. “This lowly concubine is no match in compare with those from the Sacred Tribe. After all, they are the pillars of our great Flower Nation”  

Jinhwan laughed, finding how humble the famous Consort Han was interesting. “You are as pure as the rumors have said. It is refreshing to know how humble you are, Your Highness. The King is wise for keeping you close”  

“I am glad you think so, sir” She smiled, putting her hand on his lap under the table. “As a matter of fact, the King sends you a gift and entrust me with a private message for you” As her hand slowly his thigh, her eyes stared at the rest of the audiences meaningfully.  

Jinhwan once again gulped, his grip on his wine cup tightened as the time passed slowly. “Give us a moment!” He ordered in a careless manner, far from his usual calm demure. Then, slowly everyone but one left the room.  

She stared at the stoic guy at the end of the room with a curious gaze. As Jinhwan noticed her glances, he smiled assuredly. “He is just doing his job, don’t mind him” His hand brushed her chin lightly, finding the skin went beyond his expectation. It was much smoother and softer, as if he just touched a flower petal before drenched in morning dew, not dry but not moist either.  

“Well, then he can join us, I brought a good wine from the palace” She smiled as she putted the small wine bottle on the table. “It was a gift from His Majesty the King” She poured the wine into three cups. All this entire time, Jinhwan couldn’t take his eyes off from the royal concubine. Anything she did seemed magical and it was like something drawn him into a black pitch of bottomless charms. Her beauty was just enchanting.  

She stared at Sehun, who suspiciously stared at the beauty. Jinhwan then ordered Sehun to not be rude and accepted the wine. Although he seemed reluctant to do so, at the end he moved closer and took a seat at a respectably distance from his master.  

The only female in the room just smiled, removed any doubt by drinking the wine first. It soon followed by the two males.  

“It was no wonder the King wanted you for himself, even ignored the whole harem for you. I will do the same thing if I have you by my side” Jinhwan said as he traced her side cheeks. She once again smiled, though this time it seemed more cynical. Her eyes glimmed with mischief.  

“Well...in three seconds” She softly said, enough to make Sehun warry, but the drug she made worked faster. Exactly in three seconds both men fell in deep slumber.  

She then hurriedly cut Jinhwan’s wrist with the short dagger she always carried under her sleeve, drawing the spel

Please log in to read the full chapter