I think…I might…like you

I think…I might…like you

MoonByul Point of View:

As the sun begins to set, we were walking alongside each other when we just stop to wait for the streetlight. I ask her if she was okay and she just ignores me, even though I had no rights, considering that I am her boss, and I was only dropping her off at her date because we finished our meeting with a new sponsor. As she turned around and looked at me, she asked if I want to go with her because her date was already inside of the small café, I shake my head and refuse sincerely. With the nervous look on her face, she turns around and begins to walk across the street when I reach out and stop her because a car was speeding up.

“You good? That car could’ve run you over.”

As we walk across the street together, then we end up parting ways because I did not want her to spoil the date that she was looking forward to. After they went inside, I smile a little and text her, “Have fun”, and begin to call my family’s driver to pick me up. I got in the car where my family’s driver asks, if I want to go back to the company or not, I refuse and said drive me home. I take my phone out and text my team that everyone gets a day off. Then, I shift my head and look at the window where I could see the warm sun setting slowly. At the same time, I received a text from Solar saying that she and her date were headed to his house. With an uneasy feeling, I ask my driver to quickly turn around and I text her for an address. As we finally arrive at the neighborhood that she once told me, I began to look around, while my driver was still waiting for me by the car, when suddenly I heard a familiar voice near the bush just in front of the fence that surrounds a 3 story-high building. As I began to walk towards the bush even closer, and I saw what was happening. He was forcing that kisses...no...he was making out with her. While she was struggling to get him away. I was furious, so I walked up to them and he was startled, so I quickly pick Solar up and she hides behind me while I have a talk with him.

“Out of any place, you choose here. Huh, you are a creep, aren’t you?”

“Hmph, and this probably concerns you because?” He stood up as he replies to my question and I can see how tall he was when he did so. If I hit him right here, I would not win and worst, I would not know what he would do to Solar. So, I decided to just talk it out and hope that my plan B will succeed.

“Because I’m her friend, and—”

“Well, then you could come inside my house too if you want.”

“Yeah, I don’t think so, her parent called me and they want her home, and I’m pretty sure she doesn’t want whatever you just did.”

“Uh, how would you know, she didn’t say anything. And besides what kind of friends have each other parents’ number, what kind of lie is that?”

“Sure, I can call them, and at the same time I can call the cops and get your in jail too if you rather have that.” I began to dial the numbers on my phone, and it was ringing. As he saw it, his reactions change, and he took a step back.

“Woah Woah Woah, chill. We were only trying to get to know each other. Right Solar?”

“I hardly doubt anyone wants to get to know a person by kissing, I mean making out with an unwilling person. Don’t you think?” As I show him the numbers that I was calling from my phone, and he quickly turned around and runoff. I turned around grabs Solar’s hand before she could ask me anything. I got back to where my driver was standing and secretly gesture for him to get in the car without opening the door for me. He did so, and I began to open the door for Solar to go in first. As we get in the car, I told my driver to get out of the neighborhood and drive to the company. I grab the jacket that I threw on the seat, and I told Solar to wear it. She wore it and then she began to talk as I hand her a tissue to wipe her tears and all the smudge makeup.

“Did you actually have my parents’ number, and did they really call you?”

“No, and no. It was my driver’s number and he was planning on acting it out if I call him.” As she begins to ask me another question, I turn my attention to the window and lookout.

“Oh, can you not tell this to anyone?”

“I wasn’t planning to, why would I. And besides I don’t know if you want to go back home or not.”

“I don’t, can I stay at your place then? You do live alone right?”

“Uh, yes…b-but *sigh* fine, I guess you could have your sleepover because I owe you a favor.”

“Thank you, MoonByul.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

As my driver went through the parking lot to drop me off by my house, I told him to not say whatever happens today to my brother, he agreed and assist me in my apartment building. As I got into my apartment, I ask her if she wants to take a warm shower to relax a little bit. I handed her a clean towel and some clothes, and she began to walk into the shower. While she was in the shower, I open the fridge to see if I can cook up anything fast for her. After a while, she walked out of the shower and I was already finished cooking. I told her to go eat before she sleeps. She shakes her head and sits on the couch next to me.

“Look, you have to at least try to eat, even though I can’t cook. You have to at least eat something.” I stood up to bring the food over to her and begin to feed her a little.

“Fine…” She said as she begins to eat the congee that I made.

“Why does this congee tastes…a little bit sweet, I thought it would either be plain or salty.” She said it with a strange and unusual expression on her face.

“Really, let me try it.” I begin to taste a little bit of it, and I realize that she was right. I turned around and found that I sprinkle sugar instead of salt on the congee.

“I might have sprinkled some sugar instead of salt…so...give me a minute to scoop out the first layer for you and get you another spoon.” She laughs a little and I went to the sink as I began to fix the congee that I made. After a while, I came back and she was smiling brighter than before.

“Shhh, I told you I can’t cook.”

“Thank you, for making me feel better.”

“Huh? The food? Yeah sure, not cooking again.”

She laughed and slap me on my arm. “No, not your cooking, for saving my life back there.”

“Oh, yeah sure. Don’t mention it. I am your boss and friend after all. Besides, everybody would help you in that situation. Now eat.”

She pushed the spoon away and said. “But at that time, no one would have known, and by the time anyone that knew, I would’ve been—”

“SHHHHH!!! Eat the congee then sleep.” I try to give her another spoon, but she pushes it away. Which spills on my hand and burn it a little.

“MOONBYUL! Oh My Gosh! I’m so sorry! Let me help you bandage it.”

“You don’t even know where the first aid kit is located. So, let me do it myself.” As I get up to go to the kitchen sink to rises my hand in cold water.

While she was in my storage room where my medicine was stored. “Moonbyul, I’ve been here before, I know where things are. *Whispers* It’s the least I can do for you.”

“WHAT DID YOU SAY!”

“NOTHING!” She rushes out and took my arm and put cream on it then bandage it for me.

“Why did you cook it so hot?”

“Uhhh I was trying to make it quick so you can eat it so….”

“Let me see the pot.”

“NOPE! GET AWAY FROM THE SINK, GO SIT ON THE COUCH. YOU FINISH BANDAGING MY BURN SO GO SIT. I HAVE TO TELL YOU SOMETHING.”

“Fine, fine, you don’t have to yell like that. Did you burn the pot or something?”

I was shocked that she guesses correctly. I turned to the sink and saw that the burned congee was slowly coming off the pot. Then, I turned back and walked to the couch and talk to her.

*Sigh* “Okay, I know you don’t want to bring this up, but I have to say it.”

“Hmm?”

“Can I delete the dating app that you had on your phone? Or you want to do it instead?”

“B-but…I want—”

“Yes, I know you want to go find someone for yourself, but now it’s not a good time. And besides that, special someone will come eventually.”

“But I want that special someone now…”

I began to take both of her hands and hold it. “Please…just this one time?”

“Alright, you can delete it.”

“And…”

“And?”

“Never mind.”

“Just say it.”

I let go of her hand and begin to walk away, she stood up to hold pull on the bottom of my shirt. I turned around and when I saw that shocked look on her face when I hug her.

“And, promise me, if you ever go on another date, bring a friend with you.” I hugged her even tighter as all of the words come out of my mouth. I let go of her after I finished talking, then she ran to my guest room and shut the door behind her. I sigh and sit back down, while my hand was on my head, thinking to myself.

What was I thinking, she doesn't like someone like me, and plus she just went through...all of that...she’s in no condition to even think about dating now.

Solar’s point of view:

W-What is this feeling that I am suddenly getting? This warm yet flusters feeling that I am suddenly getting. I remembered when MoonByul told me to pose with her on my first day of work, I didn’t get this feeling…why all of a sudden, I’m getting these feelings now and at a time like this? Then what about the sudden kiss she gave me when she was drunk at her office and everyone else’s was downstairs sleeping in the Chill Room. Why am I feeling this way? And my heart…suddenly it’s beating so fast and yet…I feel so warm. I don’t know how to feel except…I think…I might…like you.