Chapter 1

Smoke

~~~ You POV ~~~

 

It's hard for me to enjoy this party, especially because I am not that close to anybody here. I wonder why acquaintance parties like this was even invented. Even with all the glamour and good food I can't seem to bring myself to smile.

 

I made my way out to the front porch and lit a cigarette. I have had too many wine but nothing is kicking in. I dressed up so nicely with my red pair of high heels and this black cocktail dress. I spent two hours painting my face because somehow I want this person that I like to notice me.

Park Jimin.

Him, being all friendly and flirtatious to the other women inside made me sadder than I was before. I already had a feeling that I wouldn't be enjoying this event, I just, somehow, I just wanted to have a dance with him. 

 

I lit another cigarette as I closed my eyes to breathe in the nicotine and I sighed heavily.

 

"Why are you out here?" 

 

I was shocked as an all too familiar voice spoke to me.

 

He stood beside me and looked at the horizon where I was looking at. I tried to steady my breathing so he won't notice how nervous I am.

 

"Are you not enjoying the party inside?" He asked again.

 

I shook my head as I look at him to let him know that I am not enjoying the party.

 

"How long have you been smoking?" He asked as he pointed at my cigarette.

"I can't remember." I said.

"Hmm. Is your boyfriend not asking you to stop smoking?" He asked.

 

I laughed at the question because he thought I am seeing someone when in fact it's been a while since I last dated somebody.

 

"I am not seeing anyone at the moment." I said.

 

"Hmmm. How about your exes? Do they not ask you to stop smoking?" He asked again.

"Does it bother you?" I asked as I am a bit confused because of the topic that we have.

"No. I just think that it's not healthy for you." He said.

 

We were quiet for a while and I was cursing at myself because I am finally having a decent conversation with the person that I like and I just had to ruin it.

 

"They asked me to stop. I just didn't follow them." I said.

 

He looked at me again. I know he is looking at me because I can see his eyes twinkle in my peripheral vision.

 

"Why?" He asked.

 

I looked at him and I was able to confirm that he was already looking at me.

 

"Well. I would've tried to stop if they asked nicely." I said.

 

"What do you mean? I don't understand." He said.

 

"Like, instead of asking me to stop because they don't like girls that smoke I think it would've been better if they would ask me to stop because of the effect that it has for my well being. It's like, you already know that I am smoking even before we dated so why do I have to change myself to fit your idea of a girl." I explained.

 

He looked at the horizon again. I'm not sure if I said something stupid. I'm not sure if he thinks I made sense. I don't know what to think. 

 

I lit another cigarette.

 

And I watched as he took the cigarette from between my fingers and dropped it on the ground.

 

He stepped on it.

 

He took the cigarette pack I was holding with my other hand and he placed it inside his pocket.

 

He smiled at me.

 

"I don't want you to smoke because I think it's unhealthy and I want you to be able to enjoy your life longer." He said.

I am still very surprised that the response that I gave him is something that I wasn't able to think about.

 

"That's not fair, you have to ask me out first!" I blurted out.

 

I was too shock to even want to rethink what I said because it is already embarassing.

 

He chuckled.

 

"Will you go out with me then?" He said.