Chapter 3: A Blooming Lily

I Love "You"

Today is the day! Selected faculty members who teach the subject have been chosen to be the panelists for the presentation of the systems the students had painstakingly designed, programmed, and, most often, debugged. Naturally, formal wear is a requirement.

In comes Taeyeon wearing a white singlet underneath her black blazer and matching black pencil skirt, paired with doll shoes since she’s pretty much a three-month-old infant when wearing heels and her face free of make-up. Well, ‘waddling in’ is the more proper term to describe her entrance to the classroom since she kept on tugging down her skirt and dragging her feet. Still, a lot of heads in the hallway had turned and is still turning after she had passed by. It’s not often that you see her not wearing her usual ensemble of t-shirt, jeans, and rubber shoes. The contrast between her black clothes and her porcelain skin is sharp, making her almost glow, which also causes her blonde hair to look like a radiant halo around her. This effectively lessens the attention brought to her eyes since it’s now overshadowed.

“Come on, Taeng. Lift your feet!” Sunny voices behind Taeyeon. Her get-up is similar to her best friend’s except her blazer and her skirt is white while she’s wearing heels, which now made her taller than Taeyeon. The whiteness of her clothes causes her red hair to look like burning fire and for her green eyes to pop out, which is further emphasized by her make-up; she looks like a fantasy come true.

“But the skirt keeps riding up my thighs when I walk!” Taeyeon whines back. Her irritation is gradually gnawing at a corner of her mind, though she tries to not pay too much attention to how the clothes are clinging to her body. Still, she can’t help but feel offended by the texture.

These things are too tight and feel too abrasive!

She then punches one of her male classmates on the arm after getting teased about ‘how the butterfly is now out of her cocoon’ before unceremoniously dumping herself on a nearby chair, much to Sunny’s frustration.

“Hey! Be more considerate! I had to dig those from their coffin!” Sunny says, glaring down at the blonde with a full-on scowl and her arms crossed over her chest, referring to three days earlier where she has to reach the deep end of Taeyeon’s drawer just to get the blazer and the skirt. She had to make sure that the removed clothes are stacked the same way before she had removed them since she’s going to have a very upset Taeyeon on her hands otherwise — ‘upset’ is as much of an understatement as it is the wrong term to use, but it is the closest to scratching the surface.

Taeyeon huffs since she’s not entirely comfortable for today — thank goodness the room, at least, has an air conditioner to keep the place cool — but she also knows that her best friend deserves some credit since Sunny is the only person she had allowed to go through her belongings without asking for her permission, “Fine. I’m sorry for literally throwing myself around. Also, thank you for your effort in making me look presentable. I won’t wrinkle them…too much.”

In response, Sunny gives two deep nods to show her satisfaction even if the blonde sounded robotic before sitting with more ease. As further proof, Taeyeon stands up to properly tuck her singlet again before straightening her skirt. She then gently lowered herself until she’s sitting down and leaning against the backrest of the chair. She further busies herself by goofing around with her classmates since her brain kept on reminding her that the rough skirt is rubbing against her hips and that the blazer is hugging her waist.

Meanwhile, Sunny is just glad her best friend isn’t impulsively ripping the clothes off of her body, which isn’t a first but she definitely wants that one time to be the last. She then opts to watch them so she could keep an eye on her.

Suddenly, loud click-clacking noise coming towards the entrance catches her attention. Glancing towards the doorway, she catches sight of Tiffany curiously looking around as she walks in. And that’s when she sees it.

Tiffany’s rich brown eyes roam for a few good seconds before abruptly stopping on Taeyeon, unconsciously appreciating the view. When she fully realizes what she’s doing, she freezes like a deer caught in the headlights before a blush blossom from her cheeks and to the tips of her ears. Actually, the girl looks more similar to a statue in a museum with the way she stops moving altogether, so much so that Sunny got scared for a second that the girl had stopped breathing as well, which explains the incredibly red face. If she isn’t so concerned, she’s probably laughing out loud by now since Tiffany had always been animated and alive. To see the girl look so stunned, so taken aback, reminds her that there’s another person in Taeyeon’s list that the blonde had unknowingly attracted.

Seeing Tiffany’s name on that list…well, Sunny finds that to be a bit problematic, but that’s for another day. For now, though, she’s going to enjoy every minute of this whole mess.

The backpack Tiffany had slung on one shoulder suddenly slips and hits her elbow, which startles her enough to remember that she’s still standing on the doorway. So she takes a few steps in and towards where the two best friends are sitting. Members of the same group should, naturally, sit in one spot to avoid missing members and for easier discussion. But five steps is all she’s able to take before losing herself in Taeyeon’s guffaw, which Sunny found odd ‘cuz the smart and refined image the blonde’s current appearance exudes doesn’t really match that laugh of hers. Then again, that’s just one of Taeyeon’s charm, considering how Tiffany appears captivated.

Sunny then reminds herself that it’s weird to snicker without anyone to talk to nor without anything funny to stare at. Well, she is trying her best to avert her gaze but, heavens, this is hilarious! She really, really loves this development! Bless Tiffany and her failure in hiding both her staring and her budding attraction for Taeyeon ‘cuz, good lord, the girl can melt even an iceberg with that intensity in her gaze!

Why no one has noticed Tiffany’s obvious crush — at least to Sunny’s eyes — on her best friend, Sunny just chalks it up to stress. Programming for consecutive days, even weeks, can really break college students whose main diet is caffeine and energy drinks. Still, she feels a bit of disappointment that her best friend hasn’t notice Tiffany’s heavy staring yet. She actually wants to see Taeyeon’s reaction to that one. Then again, it’s not that easy to struck gold.

“Oh? What’s this? Taeyeon’s actually a woman today?”

Another one of their classmates joins in as she enters the semi-circle with Taeyeon at the very center. She unknowingly blocks Tiffany’s view who, in turn, finally snaps out of it.

Sunny is quick to look away, though she can see Tiffany leaving through the corner of her eyes, probably to go to the restroom since the girl’s blush is still on full-force. She can’t help but laugh at the fact that Tiffany actually swings that way. Then again, it’s not like she’d seen the blonde going out with anyone and she’s really not one to pry anyway.

Still, who would have thought?

“It seems like our caterpillar has finally emerged from her cocoon!”

“ off!” Taeyeon responds with a chuckle, which earned her a shove to her face.

“Hey! Don’t hurt y!” Someone jokingly protests. Taeyeon snorts like the others while fixing her hair.

“Don’t call me that! It makes me feel like a dog!”

That earns her another round of laughter before someone actually starts barking. Sunny just shakes her head at them, quite hard to imagine they’re college students with them behaving like this, though she does chuckle here and there at their antics. Looking at them, they look like little boys and girls playing pretend and dress-up.

Finally, they all exhaust themselves enough that they immediately went back to their respective groups and dumping themselves on their chairs. They still have half an hour before the first group starts their presentation.

That’s when Sunny catches Tiffany entering the classroom again but with her blush now tamed. She looks much more composed now, though her eyes did dart around after she entered. She’s probably wondering if someone saw all that earlier so Sunny avoids her gaze. She doesn’t want to share her little secret yet.

“Suuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnny,” Taeyeon began to whine again after she turns around to face her best friend, “I’m sorry but I really hate this skirt!”

“You hate all skirts, Taeng,” Sunny replies in an as-a-matter-of-fact tone, inwardly happy for the distraction, before fixing her best friend’s still slightly ruffled hair. She suddenly hears the plastic chair beside her creak before seeing Tiffany’s backpack being settled on the floor, though she still keeps her attention on her best friend.

“Of course I do! They’re hard to move in, rides up when I raise my legs to climb the stairs, and I can’t even sit properly!”

As proof, Taeyeon has to use her hands to push her legs together until her knees are touching before hooking her right foot underneath the ankle of her left one to make sure she isn’t sitting with her legs too far apart. Naturally, she’s wearing some shorts made from light material underneath — she forgot what Sunny called it — but she doesn’t really want to explain that to anyone who thought they were seeing her underwear.

“That’s really how you should sit properly though, not with your legs far apart,” Sunny deadpans even though this isn’t the first time Taeyeon had complained about anything when wearing a skirt or, worse, a dress, “Just settle down and it’ll be over before you know it. We’re the fourth group to present. Until then, don’t exhaust yourself too much since both you and Tiffany hadn’t slept properly for two weeks now.”

At the mention of their third member, Taeyeon loses her frown and regains some energy from who knows where, which Sunny finds odd. Lack of sleep always causes Taeyeon’s senses to gradually become too sensitive that even whispers bothered her. Just last night, they had to scour the supermarket for some ramen after Taeyeon couldn’t force herself to keep their dinner in for more than three seconds. The number of stimuli she’s slowly forced to endure starts to mentally exhaust her to the point she stops bothering to speak even if she does need something since the way her own voice vibrates against and her head jumpstarts her headache.

The moment her body relaxes, her body conserves whatever energy she has left before decreasing when she uses it. She doesn’t regain any of it. So to see her start to bounce around again was abnormal at best. Sunny’s sure she has never seen that happen before, and she’s been keeping a watchful eye on her best friend for years now.

Hmmm…

“Oh? Tiffany’s already here too?” Taeyeon confirms before leaning forward and looking to Sunny’s left. As if on cue, she catches sight of a crown of platinum blonde hair. She knows of only one other blonde in their class, but she wasn’t expecting the rest of Tiffany though. That’s when she fell mum. Her tongue now a solid lead inside .

Clad in the same outfit as her except for the heels with her legs crossed, make-up done perfectly, and her long, pale hair all flipped to one side, Taeyeon could have wondered why she’s reacting this way since Tiffany’s outfit isn’t all that different from hers if it wasn’t for her brain lagging behind.

So beautiful…I mean, she always has been…but…was she always this gorgeous?

Unknown only to her, Taeyeon’s eyes dropped to Tiffany’s thighs.

…wow…

“Hey Taeyeon,” Tiffany greets with a smoothness that also surprises her since she’s sure she’s blushing up a storm with the way Taeyeon’s staring at her or is that precisely why she’s able to add some huskiness in her voice? Feeling all confident due to the other blonde’s reaction? Wait, so what does this mean for her exactly?

Meanwhile, Sunny is doing her best to not laugh out loud.

These two idiots can do complicated math and understand various programming languages but turn into blushing, rambling messes when it comes to each other.

Anyway, whatever Taeyeon is going to say before being caught-up with Tiffany’s beauty instantly died due to one thing she noticed:

Does her voice always sound like that? Sounds so nice to listen to. Ohhh, I like it.

It’s one of those things that she likes that she tends to repeat if she could; one of those things she couldn’t explain as to why she really likes them in the first place. She just does. She’d pet it more than once if it’s texture, speak it repeatedly if it’s a word or a phrase, and listen to it again and again if it’s a sound or music. Tiffany’s voice is now a sound she would like to put on repeat if she could.

“Hiya,” Taeyeon squeaks out in an effort to get Tiffany to speak again. Fortunately for her, it works but it worked a bit too well.

“Taeyeon, are you okay? You’re really red. Maybe a fever is starting?” Tiffany asks since she knows of the blonde’s tendency to fall sick rather quickly and is sincerely concerned, but she’s also sincerely hoping that Taeyeon is blushing because of her. That’s when her brain caught up to her wandering mind.

At that moment, at the same time, one person is struck with a realization while the other gets hit by a flying brick.

Oh god, I have a crush on Taeyeon!

Tiffany has just noticed her crush on Taeyeon?!

Meanwhile, one other person is busy inspecting her own face and found that, true enough, she really is blushing, violently at that, since she could feel the heat radiating from both of her cheeks.

Sunny, trying to hide the fact that she saw it all, checks on her best friend. Thankfully, Taeyeon isn’t having a fever, though it’d probably come after the week is over. She then begins to mentally prepare herself for taking care of her best friend since a fever means a thoroughly exhausted Taeyeon, which then equates to bad brain day (or days). In other words, Taeyeon’s going to be very sensitive for a long period of time.

“You’re fine, Taeng. Maybe it’s just the heat getting to you. Try to relax before our presentation. We can’t have you fainting in front of the professors,” Sunny teases but is also wanting for it to remain just that, teasing, since there’s a slight, very slight, chance of that happening. Her best friend really has a penchant for getting sick so quickly and so suddenly.

“You sure?” Tiffany asks before realizing she might have offended Sunny since the redhead is Taeyeon’s best friend and surely knows how to look after the blonde.

“Positive,” Sunny assures with a thumbs up and a grin. Taeyeon just nods along, not yet trusting herself to not say anything stupid. Besides, after realizing that she really, really likes Tiffany’s voice, she opts to just listen to whatever she has to say. It was a great way to calm her nerves. Unfortunately, now that Sunny has taken care of Tiffany’s concern and that no other topic popped up, the three of them eventually resorts to silence.

Since Tiffany’s voice isn’t flowing into her ears anymore, Taeyeon’s nerves began to act up again until, soon enough, she locks her hands together through the space between her index finger and thumb before the knuckles of her right hand began to rub itself against the palm of her left. One of her legs then follows and she began to bounce her knee, which felt awkward since she’s wearing a skirt but whatever. Either she does it or she suppresses it long enough that she’d burst later. She’d rather pick the first option.

Tiffany hears the quick thump! Thump! Thump! Then, she hears the sound of rubbing. Craning her neck to her right, she immediately sees Taeyeon in a flutter of movement. Looking at the girl’s face though, all she sees is a blank look. Taeyeon almost looks like she’s perfectly calm if it wasn’t for her rubbing hands and her bouncing right leg.

Not a second later, Sunny leans forward to take something from her bag she had previously set on the floor. She then pulls out what seems to be white shoelace before handing it over to her best friend, “Here. I don’t want you rubbing your hands raw again.”

Taeyeon cracks a smile in appreciation as she receives the item before her leg stops moving altogether. After wordlessly thanking Sunny, she began to weave the white shoelace around her fingers. When she’s satisfied that the shoelace won’t unwind, she began to play with it by pulling her hands apart. Sometimes she’d twist her fingers or her whole hand before pulling again. Soon, Tiffany notices that whatever Taeyeon is doing, it seems to ease whatever emotion she was feeling earlier.

I wonder what’s that about? Is the shoelace supposed to be some kind of specialized toy and just happens to look like one? Or is it really just a shoelace and these two found use for it?

“Taeyeon always stims that way when nervous. You know, the rubbing and the bouncing,” Sunny starts, surprising Tiffany who wasn’t expecting to be addressed, though she is more than glad for the explanation. Amazement then seeps in, mixing with her surprise, after she realizes that Sunny knew that Taeyeon was feeling nervous even though the blonde hadn’t expressed so on her face, “but her knuckles tend to end up rubbed raw and her muscles end up a bit sore since she’ll continue doing that until the source of her nervousness goes away or is taken care of. In this case, she’ll stop after we had presented our system which is probably an hour away, so she plays around with that shoelace as a substitute. She likes keeping her hands busy. Also, since she can make whatever shapes she wants, her attention is also drawn in so she doesn’t have to bounce her leg too.”

Tiffany could only nod.

Who could have thought that something so simple as a shoelace could do so much for her? I really have much to learn, don’t I?

It’s Sunny turn to be surprised when she sees a fire in Tiffany’s rich brown eyes. She hadn’t really expected herself to explain to Tiffany about one of Taeyeon’s many stims since she’s not too keen on sharing something so private to someone who doesn’t plan to stay, but she could easily recognize the curiosity and need that fueled that fire. For her, it felt like she’s staring at her own eyes back when she had just turned seven-years-old and was only beginning to know this little girl with the sun-like hair and cat-like eyes named Kim Taeyeon. Then there’s the bitter taste of disappointment. She really shouldn’t have expected anything less. This is Tiffany Hwang she’s talking about, after all.

Now that’s something I haven’t seen for a while now. Definitely something you don’t see every day that’s for sure. You sure are amazing, Tiffany.

Still, the most she had seen in other people’s eyes after being forced to explain some of her best friend’s behavior is confusion; ‘why aren’t you stopping her?’, ‘that’s supposed to be normal?’, ‘maybe she’ll stop if you tell her those things are abnormal’. The worst one she had seen is dread; dread to be seen in public while Taeyeon is doing what she had just explained.

I guess, if someone else is going to understand, it’d probably be Tiffany.

The way Tiffany is studying the shoelace while making sure, at the same time, that she’s not disturbing Taeyeon eases some of the burdens on Sunny’s shoulders making the redhead softly sigh.

Oh Tiffany, I really hope…then again, it’s a bit too early. Still, a start is a start. Can’t grow a tree without plating a seed first, after all.

After some thought, Sunny decides to refrain from peaking Tiffany’s attention. She decides that it really is too early.

If I’m going to do something, I might as well do it right.

The hour then passes peacefully where nothing much happened while they wait. Soon, their turn came.

.

.

.

Tiffany is busy explaining the reason behind the design choices of their system, since she’s the one who created the draft, and Taeyeon is looking completely enamored with the sound of her voice. The blonde has this hazy look in her eyes, which is a clear sign that her mind isn’t exactly with them in the present, and ’s parted a little to show her full-on concentration to catch Tiffany’s every word. Her attention is also most likely to be in the same place as her own mind.

Sunny finds the look equal parts soft and equal parts amusing, touched with a tad bit stupid. Those amber eyes are drinking Tiffany in as if the woman created a brand new toy or discovered a new species of sharks! Never has she seen Taeyeon look so fixated on a person before.

Meanwhile, the focus of Taeyeon’s gaze is indeed feeling all of that heavy staring since her eyes would occasionally sweep across the other blonde’s as she continues her explanation — but she’s presenting their final project and, not to mention, surrounded by other people — before forcing herself to point her gaze somewhere else, so she goes back to the professors, and then to the screen where their system is being projected. Unfortunately, every time she locks gazes with Taeyeon, no matter how quick or brief, a pinch of redness gets sprinkled on to her cheeks turning her redder and redder with every look. Inside, after glancing at Taeyeon again, she prays that Sunny is yet to notice anything.

It’s not a secret that she’s protective of Taeyeon…for good reasons of course! But good reason or not, I’d definitely meet my end in her small hands. Ugh! Kim Taeyeon! Stare at me like that when we’re the only two people in the room! Wait, why is she staring at me like that? She’s never looked nor stared at me that hard before, maybe ever. I also don’t remember her doing that to others either, not even towards Sunny, I think? Could she — Nah! No way! She never showed interest in anyone before. Why would she show interest now especially when we’ve been classmates for three years now? Wait, wait, wait. Presentation! Gotta focus!

Meanwhile, Sunny could feel her facial muscles getting cramps from stopping herself from smiling widely at this whole mess since Tiffany’s obviously doing her best in hiding her crush on Taeyeon from her — best friend and all that — but just the thought of these two being like this — even she’s unsure how to describe them at this point — is so unprecedented, a point in their lives she definitely did not anticipate but not entirely unwelcome, that she finds it all very, very hilarious, but this is not the proper time nor place of course.

Unfortunately, Sunny’s laughter bubbles up faster than she could stop herself so she ends up choking on it right after. Cue a long line of hacking and coughing as she tries to breathe. Taeyeon immediately rubs her back and shields her from everyone else’s view, not because Sunny cares much about how others view her but because Sunny had done the same thing for her at certain times, while Tiffany stops and waits at the side if ever some water is going to be needed.

And so, that is how Sunny sped up their presentation. The professors thought she was sick, which isn’t unnatural given the deadlines and projects students need to meet and pass, and since they couldn’t find fault in their system, much less a single hole, they called an end to the presentation and gave them a very high grade. Though, of course, it wouldn’t bring them back the sleep they sacrificed nor would it cure the headaches they had to endure but it did make those times worth their while. Besides, that grade is certainly what they need in order to pass.

As such, when Sunny has stopped choking on air, the two who aren’t really the healthy ones finally took some much-deserved rest.

They drag their feet back towards their classroom, Sunny opening the door for the other two, and gave thanks to their classmates who cheered for their success. Once they’ve reached their seats, both blondes didn’t hesitate in dumping themselves on their respective chairs — there’s no more need for the formal clothes to remain wrinkle-free anymore — and kicking off their heels and doll shoes. Tiffany then places her bag on her armchair before hugging it like a pillow while Taeyeon sets her arms on her own armchair so she could bury her face in them. Then, within seconds, both are fast asleep. Sunny takes that chance to finally let out that laugh, albeit quietly, as she watches them sleep while they sat side by side.

.

.

.

An hour and a half later, Tiffany slowly wakes up due to some kind of noise. It pokes her consciousness enough to make her brain fully aware of her surroundings again.

She unwraps her arms around her bag and proceeds to sit straight to stretch the kinks out of her back. Deeply sighing as she listens to every satisfying crack, she then notices movement from the corner of her eyes so she naturally turns her head to the right. And that’s how she finds herself watching Taeyeon, who appears to be in the middle of waking up as well.

Normally, her newfound crush on Taeyeon would slam her on the head and cause her to do something stupid while babbling around with a red face but, even with her brain fully aware again, her mind’s still trying to swat away the fog brought by sleep, so all she’s currently feeling is contentment and a bit of enjoyment while tracing every feature of the blonde’s side profile with her chin propped up by her left hand.

She starts from the neat eyebrows she’s sure Sunny painstakingly manages since they all know Taeyeon views make-up as an alien, to the smooth, pale skin of her face, then to the girl’s left ear, where she stops for a moment to giggle into her hand so she wouldn’t bother the blonde who’s trying to make contact with reality.

Aside from her eyes, Taeyeon’s ears are big which Tiffany had always found funny and a bit adorable since the rest of Taeyeon’s physical features are described best as small or petite. She likes to think of it as a nice contrast.

Tiffany does her best to remain silent since Taeyeon is still groggy at best as the girl rubs her eyes with her hand, so she continues down on the pert nose, to the slightly pale lips most likely caused by the sleepness nights and the exhaustion, and then to the sharp jawline, where Tiffany loses herself in her thoughts again.

There’s just something so y about Taeyeon’s jawline that Tiffany can’t quite place. Maybe due to how well-formed it is? Maybe it’s sharpness?‌ Maybe it’s the contours? Whatever the reason is, it blends well with the blonde’s cuteness, further adding to her overall beauty.

Truth be told, Tiffany doesn’t really know what makes Taeyeon so attractive. She just is.

The blonde hair that might as well be gold, the pale, almost alabaster, skin, her petite stature, those amber eyes of hers that always look like they’re glowing, the russet tint in them, the sound of her mellow voice, and even the smallness of her hands and feet. All of these blend together as perfect as perfect could ever be.

A smile easily blooms on Tiffany’s still sleep-lidden face.

How can someone be so pretty?

Though, Tiffany also knows it’s more than that, of why Taeyeon has this strong ability to pull others in like moths attracted to a roaring forest fire. Taeyeon has her 10-year-old-boy humor that makes her interaction with the boys easy, her boyish tendencies that causes their female classmates to get rid of their jealousy whenever she’s interacting with their boyfriends (that and her cheeky, almost chipmunk-like, bright smile), her intelligence, her passion for math and technology, and her simplicity in what she wears and do. Tiffany had always adored these qualities about the girl. Now even more so with her newly found crush.

It’s pretty weird actually. I’ve always known these things about her as a freshman, then as a sophomore in College yet they never really left this much impact on me. But now…

Tiffany stretches her right hand’s fingers, a movement so little yet her heart thuds inside her chest.

…my crush on her has gotten so big that I think it’s traveling to every part of my body!

Tiffany then cringes at her thoughts, her fingers curling, though she also knows it’s the truth. Maybe it’s because of the adrenaline brought by her discovery, the new batch of feelings still fluttering about like butterflies, that she feels so giddy! And they get wilder the more she watches Taeyeon.

Suddenly, the object of her watching quietly moans as she stretches her arms above her head as far as her blazer would allow. Then, when her back finally stops cracking, Taeyeon heaves out a long, deep sigh out of contentment, probably feeling well-rested though, at the next second, her eyelids droop and her shoulders sag lower.

She probably still feels tired. We do have a lot to catch up on when it comes to sleep.

Much to Tiffany’s expectation, Taeyeon yawns. What isn’t is Taeyeon taking off her blazer, revealing the white singlet she had worn underneath, before bunching it up into some kind of ball. She then sets it on her desk, hugs it with her bare arms, and rests her head there, though her half-lidden eyes immediately find Tiffany’s wide ones since she had turned her head towards the left.

All Tiffany could do is gulp and hope that Taeyeon is still too tired to notice the erupting blush on her cheeks. She can’t even look somewhere else. Now, an entirely new sensation dwarfs over the butterflies like the sun swallowing a shadow the longer the two of them stare at each other. Her heart then thuds in response because there’s something soft about a sleepy and relaxed Taeyeon. If a lullaby could ever be visually described, it would be this; blonde, relaxed, and slow, rhythmic breathing.

The sun has begun to set where it’s dark red-orange rays had entered through the windows beside them. Taeyeon looks like a quiet kind of wonderful, her milky skin soaking up the sunset, like a painting in museums. Then, she smiles at her oh so gently. It’s the small kind where a soft exhale is all she heard.

That’s all Taeyeon gives her before fully closing her eyes and going back to sleep, but it was enough to send Tiffany’s thudding heart skyrocketing up to until all she could inhale is Taeyeon’s presence.

…I wonder if a crush is all this will ever be…