Loveteam

Loveteam
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bomi grips on the invitation tightly. It's killing her.

Killing is even an understatement, what about crashing and tearing her apart when she's still alive.

"Did you ask me to come here just for this?" She asked to the girl in front of her.

The girl shows a neutral facial expression. It's no longer the eyes Bomi used to see. The eyes that only looks at her. The eyes that shows love and contentment and passion. Blank, if it's the right description.

"And you have the guts to give me a ing invitation?" Bomi stated bitterly. She walks towards the girl who's not even bothered with her sudden rage.

Until Bomi is tired of being angry. One thing she hates about being a human is when the sudden anger turns into tears. The vulnerability is showing up, in front of Chorong. In front of the girl she loves, in front of the girl who's breaking her heart that time.

"This one..." Bomi pointed to her heart. "It's so painful... What would I do?"

Bomi tries to hug the girl but Chorong is fast enough to hold her, to still her, as if she doesn't want to be touch.

"Chorong..."

"Just let go Bomi."

"Why is it so easy for you?"

"Because this is what life is!"

"One minute Rong... Just give me one minute." Bomi pleaded, until she's down on her knees, asking Chorong for that last minute to stay with her.

Chorong kneels down too, until she's on the same level with Bomi. The older girl guides her to stand up again.

"You know you don't have to do that." Chorong's eyes softens. Bomi's body trembled and tears started flowing on her cheeks.

Bomi hugs her and this time Chorong didn't do anything, she lets Bomi. For the sake of that last one minute.

50 seconds...

Bomi switches their positions, with the younger girl facing the door. So when she leaves, Chorong is not facing her.

40 seconds...

"When I leave, don't turn around... If you do, I will come back and never let you go again." Bomi whispered, her voice sounded so desperate more than anything that Chorong wanted to scream.

30 seconds...

Bomi tightened the hug, almost crashing her but Chorong didn't mind. "If you will succeed in not turning around. I will let you go."

20 seconds...

Slowly, Bomi's tears are still continuously falling, she no longer care how fragile she looks, how vulnerable she is in front of the girl.

15 seconds...

Bomi pulls back, now she's facing the girl, she tries to memorize her features... Everything... Anything... Hoping that after years, she will still remember that face.

Letting go of someone she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. The worst feeling she never imagine she will experience.

10 seconds...

She cups Chorong's face and leans for a kiss... It is soft, painful, full of grieve and any adjective that can be use to show longing.

Sometimes, the hardest thing to do is the right thing. Leaving while you're still inlove? Letting go when everything in your life is her.

Because world doesn't stop revolving just because one person is not ready to move on.

3... 2... 1...

And time's up... The game is over... Bomi once look at the older girl's eyes again... Hoping that the girl will change her mind...

And then she proceeds to walk towards the door, and when she's just one step away from that house, she once looks back again hoping that Chorong is looking at her or even tried...

But Chorong never did.

Bomi smiles bitterly.

Chorong had no plan to turn around...
Bomi needs to let her go.

------

"Cut."

One word is enough for all the painful emotions and feelings to be thrown out the window.

Actress, that's what she is.

Bomi walked towards her manager for a feedback but the director called her.

"Bomi, that was a great take. That passion is still there after years." he commented, eyes full of adoration.

"Thank you Director Hyun, I promised you I won't let you down right?" Bomi chuckled.

"Your chemistry with Chorong never disappoints."

"Of course." Bomi smiled.

He's the same director that produced the trilogy movie she did with Chorong and it's the most successful trilogy movie in Korea. It's still on top as of that year, no one beats the record. But Bomi knows better, it will be beaten soon as technology and improvement are continuous in this world.

Then Bomi walks to the tent assigned to her, mostly for resting. During breaks, she would immediately vanish from the set and take a nap on that tent.

That is how it is behind the camera. Scenes that fans never knew. Chorong is not a even a close friend to her but a workmate.

A loveteam. A successful loveteam.

Two person who are set up together and promoted and marketed as a couple.

Bomi never foresee herself being paired with a girl, but here it is. The world is enjoying their chemistry.

"Another hit movie?" her manager chuckled while looking at her with that teaseful smile. How she wanted to rip that smile all over his face.

Bomi is clearly not in her best mood that day. But she's an actress... A good one.

She smiled before uttering a simple "of course."

Actually, it's not that she's ashamed of that loveteam. But behind cameras is the only place she can be herself.

"The promotion will took place for 3 weeks, you will undergo mall shows, some fanmeetings etc. You already know that right?" her manager asked and she simply nodded.

------

And there it goes, the reunion movie with Chorong is considered successful... Well it's more than that as it already reached the breakeven in just three days, the rest of the promotion is already an income.

Radio shows, song performances, guesting on shows for promotion. Bomi is already expert on what to do during those times.

Skinships...
Sweet words...
Sweet actions...

Yes, successful loveteams are great, but it also limits her to some things...

Specially her bond with her friends.

Since her love team with Chorong is too strong, she won't be able to do some things she usually do. Cause someone will get attacked.

And the fact that some people are forcing them to date each other.

Sometimes, they are even claimed as a couple with some people posting unusual photos of them in social medias that it looks like they are dating or something.

Or some will post some articles that are full of lies and clickbait titles.

It's annoying, confusing

And frustrating.

Especially that day, when they have to sing together the theme song of the movie.

Bomi already knows what to do.

In such simple holding hands, fans will scream their lungs of happiness.

In such simple action of guiding her partner in stairs to approach the fans for fanservice.

They should try hard to portray themselves as a couple in screen and in real life.

Bomi glances to her partner who's waving and sending hearts to their fans.

You are my only one baby

Chorong stares at her eyes, and gives her a shy smile as she did the same.

Naeildo neowa naega seollel su itge
Love, love, love, my baby

After the song, the crowd went wild when Chorong pulled her into a hug.

It's the last week of their promotion with another successful project.

"Thank you Bomi." Chorong whispered.

Even if the crowd are too wild with screaming and such. Bomi is able to hear it clearly.

And this time, she smiled. With the most genuine smile that she can give.

She may not consider Chorong as a friend. But she's a better workmate. More than better, she's the best pair Bomi ever had.

And once again, the fans saw that look Bomi is giving Chorong again.

That stare...

The stare full of longing and love and pain The stare that everyone can notice
The stare that everyone can see

That stare that Bomi never dare to give to anyone but Chorong.

A look that screams "I need you."

A look that every fans could see and understand.

But Chorong couldn't and maybe... will never acknowledge.

------

During promotions... Every interviews are scripted.

They already know the questions... And of course they already rehearse the answers.

It's part of their job... Acting...

There are some instances that actors and actresses in loveteams actually fell inlove with each other and it's great for some.

From reel to real couple. Sometimes, it boost the career of both person, but not everyone have the same luck.

The risk of being a popular loveteam who became a real couple and break up after...

The professionalism will slowly lose.

Business is still business, personal feelings should be set aside.

That's how they learned... That's how they are trained...

One of the frequently asked question to Chorong and Bomi are:

"How they are able to maintain their chemistry despite being paired with other actors."

"If they are a real couple... Or did they even become one."

It is always asked to every show and Bomi already memorized the script. The answer. Same goes with Chorong.

They will neither deny nor admit it. But they need to act as if they are dating... That's how it works.

It's the last taping for their promotion of their already successful project.

It's a talkshow that is famous for intriguing question and answer with the actors and actresses guesting on it.

Bomi once guested on that show so she already knows how it goes. But for Chorong, it's her first time for the show.

That talkshow is one of the highest rating show in their country since every clip produces from that show always goes viral because of unexpected TMI realities that they reveal from the popular public figure's mouth.

Chorong sits uncomfortably on the chair. The live show will start in a few minutes and the cheering from the audience is not helping her.

Then an almost late Bomi entered the filming studio and immediately apologize for causing such inconvenience for the staffs.

She sits beside Chorong, ignoring the almost quiet squeling of their fans.

"You okay?" Bomi asked when she saw Chorong's hand gripping tightly on the chair.

"Yeah. Just a little bit nervous."

Bomi gave her a reassuring smile. "Everything will be fine."

"Lets successfully wrap this promotion together." Chorong fixed her mic while Bomi put her own.

The show will start in 3 minutes.

This time, there are no scripts. The questions will be thrown on the spot and of course they will answer on the spot.

It's one the reason why the show can reveal so much things.

It's live.
It's on the spot.

And we all know that when a person is pressured... That person will most likely states the truth.

The show starts smoothly, with the common question asked, Chorong started to feel at ease plus the fact that Bomi is clowning on that show to get rid of the awkwardness...

And just on how it goes, the topic is slowly drifting...

"This is for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter