Final

Morning Moments
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jongho was browsing through his phone. He had already been up for a while, perhaps thirty minutes or so. The bright morning sunlight had begun to creep its way into their bedroom, casting itself directly onto San's eyelids. San shifted on the bed and turned to face Jongho in hopes of blocking the sunlight. Jongho smiled a bit, then went back to his browsing. 

A couple of minutes later he heard groaning. San shifted back and forth for a couple of minutes before finally giving up on the prospect of falling back asleep. He opened his eyes up wide, coming to terms with the fact that he was awake, and glanced over at Jongho. 

"Morning," he said, voice drowsed with sleepiness. 

Jongho looked over at him and smiled. "Morning." Then he turned his head and went back to his phone. 

San rubbed his eyes and let out a yawn. He scooted over to Jongho and laid his head down on his lap. Then he perked his head upwards, watching Jongho with curiosity. "What are you doing?" 

"I'm looking at geckos." 

That made San smile. Jongho's odd fixation with reptiles had started about three months ago. It was something different each week, and apparently this week it was geckos. He hummed. "Tell me something about them." 

"Did you know some of them can walk upside-down on ceilings?" 

San shook his head and snuggled further into Jongho. "No, I didn't know that." 

Jongho started telling him all he'd learned about geckos while he had waited for San to get up that morning. Apparently you can learn a lot in thirty minutes. Jongho showed him pictures of baby Namib Sand Geckos, which San thought were pretty cute. But nothing could compare to Jongho's cuteness. He had that glint in his eyes, he had that small little smile he got when he talked about something that excited him. It was like he loved nothing more than sharing these moments with San. It was pure, sweet, and innocent, and it made his heart swell with love.

When San let out a loud yawn and closed his eyes, Jongho stopped, a bit embarrassed. "Is this boring you?"

San's eyes flew open. "No, not at all. It's relaxing. I love just hearing your voice." 

Jongho sighed in relief, then continued with his fun facts. "Did you know..."

They spent a good portion of the morning just lying in bed, San listening to Jongho talking about geckos and a few other creatures here and there. At some point Jongho started running his hand through San's hair, making San smile. It was only when San's stomach had begun to g

Please log in to read the full chapter