uwu

wishful thinking.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If there is one thing Yuna could wish for, it's to be friends with the secretary of the student council committee. 

 

She visits the clubroom once in a while— when they don't have any meetings and she doesn't have track practice— to hang out with her best friend, Eunha who happens to be the vice president of the said club. Initially, she wasn't allowed to reason being she isn't a member but after a few more uninvited visits, the president of the club gave in when she promised to not cause any ruckus in there and that she won't tell anyone she's given the special treatment. (Also, she's sure that if the president isn't deeply in love with her best friend, she wouldn't have been given the green light to hang out in the clubroom.)

 

As cliche as it sounds, it was love at first sight for Yuna when she met the secretary. She didn't make a first good impression and she regrets that up until now. She made a fool of herself, to say the least. Eunha likes to regarding the incident once in a while, however, that didn't stop her from trying to be friends with the secretary whenever she stops by the room to chat with her best friend and admire her crush at the same time.

 

The unfortunate event happened a month ago when Yuna was running late for track practice, having been held up by her mathematics teacher for failing her tests three times in a row. She couldn't tell her coach she was going to be late since her phone was turned off and kept in her bag. She was reprimanded for at least ten minutes on how she should be serious with schoolwork and that she shouldn't put her focus more on her co-curricular activity. Yuna knew that but the subject isn't her forte. It's hard for her to grasp the knowledge and concept even when Eunha tries to teach her the same thing again. When she finally got released, she apologised to her teacher once more before sprinting out of class to get to the track field as soon as she could. 

 

Of course, luck had to not be on her side that day. 

 

She was stopped from running by another teacher— her English teacher to be exact and also the teacher-in-charge of the student council club— who was with two other students. One was her best friend whom she instantly recognised and the other was someone she hadn't met before.

 

“It's an offence to run in the hallways, Miss Choi.”

 

The teacher’s words fell on deaf ears as Yuna’s attention was solely on the other student who had her gaze on the book she was holding in her hands. She’s pretty cute, she thought then. Why hadn’t she seen her before?

 

“I’m Yuna,” she introduced herself, stretching her hand out to the new student.

 

While the teacher had a frown on his face, Eunha suddenly burst out laughing. Yuna turned really red once she realised what she was doing. Hearing Eunha’s nonstop laughter only made her more embarrassed than she already was. Quickly putting her arm back to her side, she took her eyes off the student and looked at the unhappy teacher.

 

“I-I’m sorry,” she apologised, bowing her head to the adult. “I was running because I’m late for track practice.”

 

“I’ll inform your coach that you’ll have to skip out on practice today, Miss Choi. You’re going to serve detention for two hours.”

 

The crestfallen look on Yuna’s face only made Eunha laugh even harder knowing how much her friend loved track practice and would never skip one without a valid reason.

 

The very same evening, Yuna found out from Eunha through text that the student was newly appointed as the secretary of the student council club and her name was Yewon after promising to buy her favourite burger the next day.

 

Since then, Yuna couldn’t seem to forget her face and wanted to see more of her again.


 

 

 


 

“I still can't believe you managed to woo your way into the president's heart,” Yuna says, her face scrunched in disgust as she watches her best friend texting her girlfriend with a giddy smile. “I used to think she doesn't have any emotions with how she's always prioritising work over anything else.”

 

“What can I say? No one can resist Jung Eunbi's charms,” Eunha grins, causing Yuna to playfully gag. “She's a real sweetheart, you know. Just yesterday, she—”

 

“She cancelled her plans for the day to take you out because you texted her saying you were craving for meat. She brought you to your favourite barbeque restaurant and after, the two of you had ice cream for dessert. She helped you to carry your bag when you told her she didn't have to and at the end of the date, she gave you a kiss on the cheek and for the first time since the two of you started dating two months ago, she said the three words, eight letters to you.” Seeing how Eunha is looking at her with wide eyes and her face a shade of pink, Yuna snickers. “I know, Eunha. You told me the whole story last night right as soon as your date with Sojung ended and I remember every single detail because that's what friends are for, right? Unless there's something you chose not to tell me after she said those words to you.”

 

"Of course there's nothing else after that!” Eunha exclaims, her cheeks getting even redder. “She went home straight because she has a curfew.”

 

“Why are you getting really flustered? I was just wondering if you invited her in for a short while or not since she sent you straight home,” Yuna raises a brow, feigning innocence.

 

“You're so annoying,” the vice president groans.

 

Their conversation comes to a stop when they hear the door open and enter Yewon whose cheeks are as re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter