Dream (TaengSic)

Assemblage

 

It was raining on the day you left. Like the sky was also grieving along with me. I remember the day when we were dancing in our small living room. Your arms wrapped around my neck, and mine were around your waist. You softly hummed along to the slow gentle music that was playing through the speakers. We waltzed around slowly, staring deeply into each other's eyes, boring into our souls. I pulled you closer to me and my lips touched your’s, till today I can still taste and feel your lips. Soft, sweet, yet so delicate, like a piece of beautiful artwork that is crafted ever so carefully. Your cold hands gently rubbed against my skin, running it up and down. You broke the kiss, and brought your lips close to my ear "I love you" you whispered, your breath tingled my ear, yet your words tingled my heart.

"I love you too" I said back loud. Just like that we went back to dancing, immersed back into our own world.

 

We dragged our tired bodies into bed, you snuggled up closer to me, with your head in between my neck. I could smell the strawberries that was transmitting off your body, just like the vanilla transmitting of mine. I turned my body to face you, your eyes were already closed. I tangled our legs together, and snuck my arms around you, holding on tightly as if you would be gone when my hold loosens. I wish I had kept my hold tight, so now you would still be here with me, then I wouldn't be stuck alone in this hole that we dug together.

I gave your forehead a soft kiss and closed my eyes drifting off, you returned the favour but on my lips instead. My lips turned upwards into a smile, and I also sensed you do the same against my neck.

.

 

Wiping my tears I stood up, dropping the memories behind, remembering was painful, I hate it. Why does memories bring so much happiness yet reality is so cruel? I stood in the shower with the water cranked up cold. Though I was shivering and numb, it still couldn't compare to what I feel in my heart. It's nothing really. It felt oddly nice, soothing almost.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I opened my eyes, only to find yours.

"J-Jessica?!" I shouted out in surprise

"Yes, Taengoo" you said back calmly

"Y-you are back?" I stated the obvious, tears yet again was streaming down my face, it was uncontrollable.

"Yes, Taengoo. Don't cry. Please. You know I hate to see you cry." you said in a sad tone.

Your hand reached forward, your thumb swiped away the tears swiftly, ever so gently.

"H-how could I not Sica?! I have been waiting for you everyday. You promised to be back in a year. But it has already been three!"

"I know. I'm terribly sorry Taengoo. It is wrong of me to do that. But I never stopped thinking about you, missing you" you said softly

"Me too" seems like this is the only sentence that I could form. My heart was commanding me to say more, to shout, to yell, but my mouth refused to oblige. You smiled a happy smile. Though your eyes said otherwise.

Guilt.

 

I felt the bed dip as you slipped yourself beside me. Your arms wrapped around me, kissing my cheek, while you whispered sorry over and over again in my ear. My mind told me not to forgive you so easily, but my heart would not comply, your words still made my heart flutter, it never failed. My heart is starting to beat again. I turned around, facing you, giving you a smile.

"I forgive you Sica, I missed you. A lot." I managed to mutter

"I'm sorry Taengoo. I missed you too." you said faintly

"I love you" you continued

"I love you too Sica" I said

"Stop apologising. Just sleep my sleeping beauty"

Then there were no more dialogues exchanged. I smiled knowing you have already fallen asleep in my embrace. I snuggled closer to you, sniffing in the scent that I have missed dearly, finding my own dream land that was filled with strawberries.

 

My eyes traced around your face, watching you sleep, taking advantage of something which I haven't done in years, circumstances had not let me to do so, Yet nothing has changed. You have gotten even more skinner over the years. But so have I.

Your eyes fluttered open, and stared back at me. I found myself lost in another dimension, your eyes always seem to be able to take that effect on me. I got back to my senses after hearing a sharp pitched giggle.

"What?" I questioned

"Nothing, it's just you got lost again" you smiled, clearly amused.

"Y-yeah, I know, your stares are very effective" I mumbled. I could feel the heat creep up onto my cheeks.

"Cute" you cooed

"I love how my eyes can effect you like that" you added, your face filled with satisfaction.

"Hmm, I know" I hummed in a shy manner. 

.

We walked out into the cool air of Seoul. Hand in hand, arm in arm. A time spent with just the both of us. Something that hasn't been possible for us to achieve in so long. Being able to feel and see the physical you felt so surreal. It was something I missed dearly.

I watched as your hair was dancing with the wind.

I watched as the corners of your mouth stretched up, meeting the blue sky.

Your twinkling eyes, your bell like laugh, was all something that I felt nostalgic for. 

And I started to laugh too. A genuine one. One I could only muster with you around. 

 

We walked aimlessly around until you eyed that ice cream store.

Ice cream.

Our date tradition.

I love ice cream.

But ever since you left, it had never tasted the same again. It wasn't sweet anymore. It tasted foreign. 

But now, I can finally appreciate it again.

I watched you walk back with two cones in your hands, with a wide spread smile plastered on your face. 

“You still remember my favourite flavour” I mumbled  

“Of course, Chocolate mint, I could never forget” You said back with a grin  

I only laughed, but pleased to know. You have always been so meticulous. 

 

We sat by the benches, with birds surrounding us.

Our hands engaged together, while the other grasped onto the ice cream. 

We sat in tranquility. Only the sounds of chirping and the occasional slurping sound were heard. 

We sat there fancying each other’s presence, exchanging periodic glances with stupid smiles stuck on both our faces. 

 

We didn’t end up talking much that day. I thought we would, but we didn’t. We knew each other well. We only needed each other’s company, that was well sufficient. 

 

You slammed the door shut as you turned to face me. Those eyes full of lust and desire.

You walked towards me as I back tracked, colliding against the wall.

You stopped right before me, one arm stretched out and placed beside my face, as you leaned in closer, sandwiching me between you and the wall.

I could feel my heart beat at a rapid pace, and hear our unrhythmic breathing.  

I hear you groan loudly against my mouth. Loud, . A sound I will remember forever. I’ve never wanted anything more than to feel your lips against mine again, your arms around me. 

Then the gap was closed. A fire ignited inside my body. I inhaled frantically but it wasn’t enough. Our lips moved in perfect unison.

“Tae, Gosh” you groaned. 

“Mmmm” I hummed in reply before leaning in again, it was something I could not have enough of. The nearness was something I had been dreaming of for so long, and now it’s finally in my reach.

You moulded your body tightly to mine. Every muscle was met. You hands travelled down to my hips, I pressed myself closer in response, as our tongue and lips kept exploring. 

We both moaned softly into the kiss. My hands trailed under the hem of your shirt and slowly inched towards your bare skin on your lower back. I moaned again feeling your soft, precious skin, my fingers spread across, claiming it as mine. I didn’t need to see to know that it was beautiful. 

“I love you so much, Taengoo” You whispered

“I love you too Sooyeon” I uttered

We stayed there for a long time, savouring every touch, every moment. 

.

I scrambled out of bed and called out for you. But no reply came about. I realised it was just a dream. A dream so realistic, I wish it was true. I sat myself down, arms wrapped around my legs and scrunched up into a ball. Tears slowly rolled down my face. I made no effort to wipe them off, I was too tired to do anything. Tired of everything.

Dreams were my daily escape. My escape from this cruel reality.

I wished dreams were real, that reality was the dream instead.

 

I'm addicted to dreaming.

Just like how I am addicted to you.

Because that's the only time where I can be with you.

When I don't need to face reality.

Face the fact that you are not with me anymore.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeet guys,

Was debating between Taengsic or Jeti, but then I decided to respect the old self and stuff with the original Taengsic ;)

Also, might turn this into a oneshot collection (with other pairings too)? What do y'all think? If so, might also take reader requests? (gotta be thirsty for dem content). Please help and give suggestions or just general comments in the comment section down belowwww. 

Cheers guys, 

PeC