In Sickness And In Health

In Sickness And In Health

"Close your eyes."

"Ahaha, why? You know that I can-"

Mina cut her off, giggling, thinking about what she was about to give Sana, "Just do it okay? Please? For the moment.. For me." 

Sana could feel a smile creep up on her face. Her hairs prickled up in anticipation and felt Mina adjust her chair to sit beside her. Sana cleared and brushed her hair behind her ear with her left hand. Mina breathed in and out to calm herself down, to which Sana could hear very distinctly.

"Okay, turn this way."

Sana, with her eyes still closed, shifted her weight with the help of the chair's backrest.

"Okay, now hold out your hands face upwards."

Sana did just that. Sana heard some rustling and clatter, most likely from Mina grabbing something off the table.

"Place your right hand on your chest."

Sana lifted her hand and laid it across her chest, feeling her own heart beating. 

"Alright, now with your left hand, put it face down." 

"..Mina, I don't think I need to have my eyes closed becaus-" 

And silence ensued. 

"..M-Mina, I..", Sana's eyebrows furrowed upward and agape unable to form out words to say. 

Mina took this opportunity to speak up, "Sana... I, believe that you are the one for me. I can't imagine my life without you in it. I love you Sana... Will you marry me?" 

At this point, Sana's eyes opened up overflowing with tears streaming down her face; her fingers rotating and feeling the ring Mina slipped onto her left ring finger. Her wondrous big dark brown puppy eyes made Mina feel that her choice was the best one. Sana broke down crying and held onto Mina's hands with an uncanny strength, as if she was afraid Mina would leave or change her mind. It was natural for Sana to believe so. No one would blame her for that. 

"Mina.. do you really mean it?" 

Mina paused at the sudden question, but then laughed at her, "Sana, if I didn't mean it, then I wouldn't have done it in the first place."

Mina gazed at her panic stricken squirrel with much glee. Mina knew what underlying doubt Sana had. It was obvious to anyone's eyes. So after Mina reveled in her cute exasperation, she decided to clear Sana's doubt.

"I know how you feel Sana.."

Sana's ears perked up at the change of tone.

"I know.. and I still feel the same way. I won't ever leave you. No matter what. Because you are mine, and I am yours. It doesn't matter if you're blind Sana. I love you for who you are. It's as simple as that. Okay love..?"

Sana felt dizzy taking in her diabetes inducing confession.

"Will you be mine?"

Sana gulped, slowly opening to say, "...Yes, Mina. I will."

- In Sickness And In Health -