good morning jisoo

international playgirls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"knock knock."

jennie, drowsy, twenty-eight, opens the door. it's six am, she reckons (though she doesn't know for sure because she didn't check, being too lazy for that), and it was too early for this , but since jisoo had been freaking out about how jennie never does anything good for her, she decides today is the day to prove the older girl wrong- and her first order of business is to answer the door.

"okay..." jennie looks at the visitor from head to toe, he has black hair, warm eyes, and a weird hawaiian shirt. "and you're here for?"

he's quite handsome, jennie thinks, analyzing his face. although he does have a slight resemblance to tangle kelp from plants vs zombies, they have the same hair.

she might be ogling, but she's done far more embarassing than this.

"hi, i'm yuta." he smiles at her, and it's so blindingly bright that it beat out the sun by a ton- further making jennie conclude that: no, she didn't deserve this so early in the morning.

she's already doubled the drapes for a reason.

"an answer to a question that i didn't ask." she retorts, profusely blinking, truly not moving on from how bright this man's smile is.

like, seriously, she'd cast him for colgate.

"oh did i wake you up?"

"what do you think, close up?"

his smile turns sheepish, eyes contorting to their previous shape, "you don't need to be so crank-"

"we're not friends."

yuta looks taken aback, doubling over with shock on how straightforward jennie is. but that's just her: she's introverted, blind and it's too early for this . therefore, she will be rude if she wants to- she's a secretary with a boss she's tight with, not customer service.

never customer service.

she was customer service in ikea once and she had to deliver a baby in the kitchen section... and that was all out of courtesy. not much really happened, but after that incident, jennie decided to always have protected .

wow, nineteen was a really wild year.

"a-anyways, i'm here because some shirtless guy with chocolate abs told me to give you this..."

jennie raises a brow, leaning on the door frame.

it's an envelope, pink and sealed with what seemed to be wax.

"man, he seemed fancy. i really really liked his abs."

"yeah, okay." jennie barely responds, she just takes the envelope, looks at it for a second and walks away.

she expects yuta to walk away as well, maybe close the bedroom door afterwards, but no, she can feel it- and he's just standing there.

(she practically has an in-built motion sensor, it's a feature.)

"and that means you walk away, teeth ad." jennie mumbles, loud enough for yuta to hear.

"no, i'm just gonna stand here and pretend i wasn't waiting for her to wake up so i can conveniently flirt with her."

jennie raises a brow, setting the envelope down to a kitchen counter, shifting around to look at yuta. "what?"

he shrugs, pointing at jisoo, who was unflatteringly draped across the couch, mouth open and drool running across her chin.

oh.

jennie realises the gravity of the situation... and that must involve a drunk jisoo having an escapade with vocaloid chip skylark over there that involved a lot of devoid i love yous while jennie was making out with what-she-thought-was-her-soulmate in the supply closet.

and yuta must think that jisoo meant it, because he was still attracted to her despite of the fact that she looks like the fourth pokemon evolution of snorlax.

oh god, the cons of being hot and surrounded by people who are hot.

jennie could only roll her eyes.

"look, buddy..." jennie starts, the well-rehearsed expression of rejection adorning her face- as jisoo's secretary, jennie was used to having to reject men for her, being that jisoo was too sympathetic and emotional.

yuta stares right at her eyes.

and jennie gets struck with a brilliant idea.

he was perfect.

he looked so much like those anime guys jisoo used to fawn over two years ago, when her weebness hit her prime... who was that... howl? howl.

"...why don't you take a seat? jisoo doesn't really like it when people interrupt her sleep."

and as jisoo's secretary, jennie was also used to setting her up with dates to make up for how lifeless jisoo was at nineteen.

-

"we've met before actually. we beat the out of children last night..." yuta laughs, and jennie, concerned, rethinks her decisions, "...in laser tag."

"ah, right."

yuta and jennie were having breakfast via room service, waiting for jisoo to wake up. together, they sit on cushioned seats, drinking orange juice and scarfing off the tendons of a chewed up french dish they can't pronounce without probably meaning i will abort your baby in french.

each and each passing second of their conversation and jennie's cornea continues to melt.

"what about you jennie? what did you do last night?" yuta inquires, crossing his legs, leaning forward.

and since jennie thinks their conversation's already starting to bloom into a friendship anyways, she decides to be transparent, "i made out with this cruise's heir."

he gapes, "are you a thing now?"

are they?

jennie shakes her head, "i thought he was an okay guy, but then he started to insult his dead uncle."

"and that bothers you why?"

"i used to date his uncle." jennie states casually.

sure, yuta might judge her, but she's been so used to this to the point where she's very immune to criticism. plus, she doesn't look like tangle kelp here- he does- so she's winning.

in an unexpected course of events, yuta's doesn't look the least bit disgusted or shock or suprised, instead, he has a sympathetic gleam in his eyes, almost comforting. "a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do." he says, and then he pats her shoulder, inducing even more confusion from her. "how old was he?"

"thirty-two."

"lucky!" he whines, "mine's seventy-three."

jennie is dumbfounded.

but he looked like a macho anime druglord, it almost seemed impossible to believe! was he fashioned that way by his grandmother- or, more precisely... girlfriend... or sugar mommy... oh god, this was so weird for jennie. she was alone in the sugar daddy business for as long as she was there, and just finding one of her... kind... is just so foreign.

her internal monologue sounds so weird, oh jesus.

he was basically her soul sister.

a look of amazement grazes jennie's eyes, and is left agape... he looked like the holy grail of boy best friends- he is the holy grail of boy best friends, and that just shifts jennie's gaping mouth to one with a gummy smile.

she's found her soul sister.

or soul brother...

and if she combines him and jisoo- both of her best friends- well, things aren't going to be well for jennie. she'll just end up being a... third wheel.

a third wheel.

no, jennie won't have that!

she trails a graze at the still fast asleep sloth n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter