Meeting Luna

Sun and Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hello,” a whisper came from the door as it opened slightly, only to reveal Taemin’s mother who was trying to hold back but the excitement she was feeling was evident on her face. “Are we interrupting?”

“Aniyo, Eomma. Please come inㅡ”

Before he can even finish his sentence, the door burst open, revealing more people. His mother was the first to come in, followed quickly by Naeun’s mother, Saeeun and his Minho hyung. They were the first ones to visit them as they were the ones who were supposed to have the first shift in the morning.

“Where’s my granddaughter?” his mother cooed as she approached the bed.

“Everyone, this is Luna,” Taemin said proudly, the tears which had briefly stopped starting to pool in his eyes again. “Luna, this is your family, aegi-ah.”

The room was quiet as they all looked at the tiny bundle of joy nuzzled in Naeun’s arms.

“Aigo-ah, my beautiful granddaughter. Can I?” his mother spoke again, asking Naeun for permission to hold the baby. She nodded with a smile and let her mother-in-law take the baby from her arms.

In no time, she could hear sniffing coming from her. “She’s so beautiful,” she said quietly. “Oh, Naeun-ah. You did such a good job, dear. She looks so much like you."

“Does that mean she looks like me, too?” her mother asked with a chuckle.

“Eunjung-ah, palliwa! She does!" she replied "Look how pretty our granddaughter is. Yes you are. Yes, you’re so beautiful, aegi-ah,” she cooed again through her own tears.

This time, her mother approached them with Saeeun behind her. Carefully, she took the baby in her arms. “Luna… Ah, uri Luna is so precious. She’s so beautiful, Naeun-ah. You did so well, my aegi.”

Naeun smiled at her mother. “Thank you, Eomma.”

While the two mothers oooh-ed and aaah-ed at the baby, Saaeun watched over her mother’s shoulder and reached a hand to touch the baby’s face. “Eonnie, she’s so cute. You’re lucky she’s much cuter than you.” Before Naeun could protest, Saeeun turned to Yohan who was in his Appa’s arms, already sleepy because he woke up early for the hospital. “What do you think about your new baby sister, Yohan? You like her?”

Yohan picked his head up and nodded sleepily before plopping his head back on his Appa’s chest, making his Imo chuckle.

Minho, who was next to them, patted the little boy’s head. “Yohan’s going to be such a great Oppa.”  

Taemin looked at his son as he adjusted him in his arms. “He is,” he agreed with a smile.

His hyung put his hand on his shoulder and patted it reassuringly. “Congratulations, Taeminnie.”

After spending a few more minutes with the baby, the group decided to leave to let Naeun rest for a while. Yohan was taken by his Halmi home so that he could also take a nap.

It was hours later when the room was filled with laughter again as the Apink members came bearing gifts. Instantly, it was filled with more flowers, balloons, and stuffed animals. They were talking to Naeun as they waited for the baby to arrive.

“Oh my God, here she is Eonnie, here she is, here she is,” Bomi squealed as Taemin entered the room with Luna securely in his arms.

She was immediately reprimanded by Chorong, “Shh, calm down, Bomi-yah.”

“Eonnie,” she squealed again as she held onto their leader’s shirt while Taemin placed the baby in Naeun’s arms.

“Everyone, this is Luna,” she smiled at her members. “Luna, meet your Imos.”

The five girls could only stare in awe at the tiny bundle of joy in her arms. No one dared to make a move as they admired the baby. It was Naeun who broke the silence with a chuckle. “Are you just going to stare at her or does anyone wanna hold her?”

It was Eunji wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter