One

Abducted

"The chairman is asking for you," the lady spoke politely.

Yejin exhaled as she flipped through the book on her lap. "Tell him I don't want to see him," she replied. 

"He said it's important." 

"Secretary Cho, you know for a fact that something important to him is never important to me," Yejin said sternly without taking her eyes off the book.

"I'm not leaving until you come with me, Miss." Secretary Cho replied, trying to keep her composure. She knew that Yejin was a very stubborn girl, but nobody can blame her. There's always a reason behind everything, and Kim Yejin had a clear one.

"You can stand there as long as you wish," the girl leaned against the chair and heaved a sigh. 

"Kim Yejin," a voice suddenly called as a man stepped in. 

Both of them turned around towards the door and saw the familiar figure dressed in a full suit. 

"Chairman Kim," the lady bowed slightly, as he walked past her. 

Yejin closed the book on her lap as she straightened up. "Since when do you come down to my room, dad?" 

The man sighed and sat down on her bed next to her. He gazed over to Secretary Cho and nodded, giving her the sign to leave the room. The lady walked out of the bedroom and closed the door behind her. As soon as the door clicked, the awkward atmosphere formed instantly. 

"I know it's been a tough year for you after your mom passed away." he began.

"You don't know anything, dad," Yejin said, cutting the man's sentence. "Now tell me, why are you here?" 

He in a deep breath as he looked at her. 

"I know this might upset you, but you're my daughter, and I have to tell you." the man said.  

Yejin let out a bitter scoff as she clenched both of her fists. "Nothing you say will ever make me not upset."

"I'm marrying Yeonhee."

The girl widened her eyes instantly as she looked at him in disbelief. Somehow, Yejin knew it was coming. She didn't expect it to be that soon. 

"Of course you are. You never cared about mom." she scoffed bitterly. "Or me," she continued.

"It's not like that," the man spoke. 

"Tell me if I'm wrong. You never did care, and you never will. All you care about is your company and that Song Yeonhee!" Yejin yelled, holding back the tears that were b in her eyes. She couldn't hold it anymore. "Even when mom was sick, you didn't even have time to see her that much. And I know exactly why!! I saw you with her all the time. Even when mom was dying!" she sniffled as tears streamed down her cheeks. 

The girl got up from her bed and dashed out of her room, leaving the old man. All she wanted to do was escape. Yejin was hurt. She never knew that her father would do something worse than what he had done. Growing up in a wealthy household as the daughter of a CEO was a blessing and a curse. The girl had everything but love. Her father never did his role as her dad. All she knew was he's there. He was never around since he was always busy with work. All she had was her mother, but everything fell apart when she passed away. Not only that, Yejin had found out her dad was cheating on her mom ever since she got sick. And now, he's going to marry her. 

The starry sky hovered above as the cold night air blew, sending chills down Yejin's spine.  The girl stared blankly at the scenery in front of her. She was sitting on a bench in front of the Han river. She wiped her cheeks, trying to dry the tears away.

 

**

 

"Ya Jung Jaehyun, you're making big money." the guy snickered as he sipped on his beer. 

"Yeah, I know." Jaehyun eyed the set of cards as he smirked. "It's going to be an easy one too. I have no idea why they're paying that much. I'm not complaining, though." he shrugged.

"She's hot too." the other boy said, earning giggles from the guys.

"Ya, Mark Lee is growing up." Jaehyun teased. He picked up the photo from the table and smirked as he examined her features.