Chapter 4

Nocturne

A/N: this chapter will show the reason why Chaeyoung chose to runaway

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

After she freed Chaeyoung from being tied she laid Chaeyoung softly on the bed. She was about to leave when she felt Chaeyoung’s hand gripping her arm.

“Don’t leave.”

“I’ll be back, love.”

She kisses Chaeyoung reassuringly in the lips before she walks out of the room and looks at the sneering faces of her clan.

*

“Who shot her?”
 

All the girls faces were etched with fear. None of them were brave enough to face Mina's wrath. 

“Ummm… we thought...”

A girl that Mina hardly recognize spoke up, who is Jennie putting in her clan was pathetic. Mina took an intimidating step towards the shivering girl. She didn’t know this girl so killing her won’t be so hard.

“so, you did it?”

“well… I… ahhh.”

But before she could defend herself, she felt every breath being out of her as Mina’s hand wrap tightly on her neck. The last thing she remembers was Mina’s angry eyes…

*

Jin shouldn’t gotten himself involve with Mina. He was just like them, a blood er but he regretted all the lives that he ended quickly and devoted himself to being a doctor.


But Mina turned his passion into his own disease. Instead of healing innocent people who have no means to pay for their treatment.
He starts treating vampires, saving lives of unworthy creatures. He should have stopped but Mina threatened to burn his home and his family if he decides to stop.

That night was supposed to be just another call, he assumes as always that someone from her clan was injured.

But when he arrives, he saw something unexpected, Mina was standing to the almost lifeless body lying in the bed.

The woman was incredibly beautiful. After all these times he saw one thing that he never thought possible, Mina was standing there weak, vulnerable, looking like she was willing to take the pain from her.

“You could take everything I own, just save her.”

Jin froze at the sound of Mina’s voice, there was a sound of desperation, begging… Who knew that someone as powerful and ruthless as Mina has emotions.

“What happened?”

Mina started to tell the doctor about the legend of the Emperor. The gun is a secret no one desire to talk about.

“I don’t know if I could.”

“You are a doctor!!! Do anything you can!!!”

Mina was almost in tears, she bites her lip, trying to hold back her tears.

“Please… please… Jin… I’ll give you anything you want.”

*

Chaeyoung lays her hand on the bandage covering her bullet wound.

“I see that you’re up.”

Chaeyoung looks at the gorgeous angel walking towards her.

“I’m not dead yet, I’m bound to wake up sometime.”

Chaeyoung turned away thinking to herself, not again… Chaeyoung closes her eyes as Mina’s hand comb through her dark locks, cursing herself for getting lost in pleasure at the familiar touch.

“Let go of me… I’m ok now.”

Chaeyoung slaps Mina’s hand away but Mina holds her back.

“Oh my… where are your manners, love?”

Chaeyoung sits up and growls threateningly at Mina, hoping to intimidate the latter. But Chaeyoung realize that it was to no avail as Mina just chuckles at her face.

“Is that how you thank the one who save you?”

Chaeyoung grabs Mina’s shirt by the neck and pulls her closer.

“I didn’t tell you to do it!!!”

Mina stares intently at her eyes, unfazed by Chaeyoung’s outburst.

“You expect me to let you die?”

“Shouldn’t be hard… seeing how easy it is for you to let me walk away.”

Mina’s cold stare suddenly turned fiercely hot and next thing Chaeyoung knows, Mina pins her arms on top of her head. Mina was too close for comfort that she had to jerk away. But Mina made her look back at her with her free hand.

Chaeyoung struggled but the sudden jerk only cause pain like someone ran over with a car. She realizes it was useless to fight if she was in so much pain like this.

“I wouldn’t move so much if I were you…”

Mina whispers deviously, Chaeyoung tries to pull away but Mina’s grip only held her tighter. Mina looks straight into Chaeyoung’s eyes with one intent, she kisses her softly, prying her tight lips with her tongue,

“I know somewhere deep inside you still love me… please Chaeng…”

Chaeyoung was hesitant to kiss at first but find herself in immense pleasure. She almost whimper when Mina pulls away. But Mina starts nibbling her neck while whispering softly.

“How could you stop loving me so easily?”

Chaeyoung didn’t, she never stop loving Mina.

Chaeyoung finally surrendered and Mina release her grip on her arms. Chaeyoung’s arms wrap around Mina’s neck to pull the girl closer. Chaeyoung seeks for Mina’s mouth and Mina quickly kisses her back. Chaeyoung’s eyes flutter as Mina runs her hand on her thighs then between her legs.

She let out a soft moan as Mina’s finger starts to torture her.

*

She felt like such a criminal as she just stares at the sight in front of her. Their beautiful bodies intertwined, pleasuring each other with every touch and kiss. The gorgeous raven haired beauty with her eyes close, back arch as she was lost in pleasure while her boss, was satisfyingly as she taste the beauty, her hand between the raven haired girl’s legs.

“M-Mina-shii?”

Mina glares at the interruption… her minion quickly back off.

“W-We need you.”

“I’m busy.” Mina snaps back… quickly covering herself and her lover with the blanket, not because she felt but she doesn’t want anyone imagining things.

“But…”

“LEAVE!”

The girl bows down in apology and closes the door behind her. Mina turns back to her lover and smiles seductively before biting on her neck.

“Now where were we?”

“Go”

“After were done.” Mina runs her hand on Chaeyoung’s leg again but Chaeyoung quickly stop her.

“It seems important just go.”

“I’ll be back, I promise.”

She kisses Chaeyoung softly, she stands up and fixes herself before she walks out the room.

*

“This better be good.”

“We are on high alert.”

Mina gives Jennie a look of disbelief.

“And? Aren’t we always on red alert?”

“They thought we killed Chaeyoung, so now we're wanted.”

“You know the plan, kill before you get killed.” Mina says without any hint of fear “Now go on ahead, my lover is waiting for me.”

“You don’t understand, don’t you?” Jennie yanks Mina’s arm before Mina could go back to the room.


“The officials know who we are now. They know you’re the one to be feared. They are using this as an excuse to kill you. We need to let her go, if you want to live.”

“I’ll take the risk.”

Mina says without apprehension before returning to Chaeyoung.

*

Jennie was trying to drown her problems with every drop of alcohol when she felt someone watching her from the shadows.

“I have a proposition to make”

Jennie didn’t even look back, she hated that and she want willing to listen to any suggestion from her.

“I’m going to tell you even if you pretend you’re not listening.”

Chaeyoung’s injury was still tormenting her, but still she struggles to walk over Jennie.

“Fine! What is it?”

“I heard your conversation. I know how dangerous the officials can get and I can’t…”

But Chaeyoung left her thoughts in a trail, as she struggles at the thought of something happening to Mina.

“You can’t what?” Jennie asks impatiently.

“I can’t let anything happen to her…”

Jennie felt her chest tighten, the thought of something or someone hurting Mina is enough to make her go insane.

“Then, what’s your plan?”

“I… I’m going to leave…”

“She’s just going to look for you, you know that…”

“Then, I just have to keep on running…”

Chaeyoung didn’t know which hurt worse the bullet wounds that is still bleeding, or realizing that she and Mina could never be together.

“But promise me…” Chaeyoung struggles to keep her emotions in check, swallowing up her tears. “Promise me, you’ll watch over her. And you won’t let anyone hurt her.”

“I have been doing that.”

Chaeyoung nods appreciatively, as painful as it is, this was goodbye.

“Thank you.”

*

No matter what kind of a demon Mina turned out to be, Chaeyoung couldn’t love her any less. She watches the girl sleeping soundly beside her, taking in as much before she could finally leave. She was about to lay a kiss on Mina’s lips but realize that it could wake the other girl up.

Slowly, she crawled out of bed, praying to whoever to not stir Mina awake. She finally manage to get up, slowly walking towards the balcony door.

Chaeyoung turned back, looking at Mina one last time before she was about to leave.

“In another life, we will be together again… I love you…” She whispers softly before bracing herself to escape.

“Goodbye.”


 

THE END