Part 1

Good Girl Bad Girl

"S-Sana, please let me g-go."

"Shut your mouth." 

Sana continued dragging the boy harshly by the hair towards the toilets, when they arrived, she kicked one of the stall doors open and dunked his head into the toilet. He was screaming and struggling while Sana just looked at him with emotionless and cold eyes.

"How pathetic."

Don't get it wrong, Sana is a rebel, but she isn't a bully. 

She's only doing this because this boy had tried to get it with one of her best friends, Momo, even when Momo clearly stated that she wasn't comfortable with him. He got aggressive and slapped Momo when she refused to do it with him. He slapped her best friend. In front of her.

"PLEASE SANA! I AM SORRY!"

Sana drove his face deeper into the toilet, he deserves this for hurting her best friend. 

After 10 minutes of screaming and struggling, Sana finally pulled his head out of the toilet and punched him square in the face. She stood up and walked towards the door, before exiting, she looked back.

"If you ever do that to anyone again, I'll break all your bones."

 

She walked through the hallways with her hands in the pockets of her leather jacket, people looked at her, some with fear and some with admiration.

"MINATOZAKI SANA! STOP RIGHT THERE!"

Sana, irritated, turned back to find the school's student body president, boiling in anger with the boy Sana had just dunked into the toiler beside her.

Sana glared at the boy who just simply looked down and shook in fear. 

Park Jihyo, the student body president, stormed towards Sana and grabbed her arm.

"You're coming with me."

She then dragged Sana, who made no attempt to escape, towards the student body office.

When they got there, Jihyo slammed the door shut and faced Sana. 

"Minatozaki Sana! That boy's nose is broken and it's probably going to get you kicked out of the school FOR REAL this time!"

Sana scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"He deserved it."

Jihyo let out a loud and frustrated sigh. 

"What did he do exactly?"

"He harassed my best friend."

Jihyo ruffled her hair in frustration, she made her way over to her desk and wrote something. 

"Still, you should have just told a teacher, taking things into your own hands wasn't nessessary. Now you'll be in trouble too."

Jihyo then walked over to Sana and handed her a sheet of paper that stated that she was suspended for 3 days. 

"Don't worry, that kid won't get away. I'll make sure he gets punished."

This wasn't the first time that Sana had been suspended, unsurprisingly. 

"He's an . No matter how much punishment he gets, he won't stop. Maybe I should just break all of his bones next time."

Sana then scrunched up the paper then threw it in the bin, she then walked out the doors without looking back. 

Jihyo just shook her head, the amount of trouble Sana causes in the span of 1 week was making her dizzy, she made her way back to her desk and filed a report for the boy to make sure that he gets the punishment he deserves.

 

It rained, but Sana didn't care, she didn't have an umbrella and just walked in the rain instead of seeking for shelter.

Jihyo was walking home with her umbrella when she saw a familiar figure ahead of her, the girl was soaking wet, she could make out that the girl was Sana because of the leather jacket and the way she was walking. And also the fact that no other idiot would walk in the rain like the older girl did, which she did occasionally. Jihyo ran up to Sana but the rebel didn't even spare her a glance.

"Sana, you're going to catch a cold. Here, let's share an umbrella."

Sana just continued to walk so Jihyo walked beside her, sheltering them both with her umbrella. Their walk was silent but not awkward, they both arrived at the same time, because their houses are right next to each other. 

"Okay. See you at school." Jihyo gave a small wave.

Sana ignored her and just went straight into her house, Jihyo thought nothing of it because this was normal behaviour for the older girl. 

 

The next day, Jihyo decided to check up on Sana out of curiosity, totally not because she stayed up all night worrying about the older girl catching a cold. She really didn't want to admit it but at some point during their 'friendship', she had oddly developed a crush on Sana. SANA of all people, someone who was the complete opposite of her, not to mention she was so rude and agressive. Jihyo rang the doorbell of the Minatozaki household and Sana's mom opened the door. 

"Good morning Mrs Minatozaki."

"Good morning Jihyo! What brings you here today?" 

Jihyo nervously smiled. 

"Is Sana there?" 

"Yeah, she's still asleep upstairs. Feel welcome to go up and say hi to her."

Mrs Minatozaki then stepped aside for Jihyo to come in, which she did. She then walked upstairs to Sana's room and knocked.

Jihyo and Sana have known each other since childhood and their families are very close, that's why Mrs Minatozaki was so casual and friendly towards Jihyo.

After 30 seconds of knocking, Jihyo decided to enter. Opening the door, she was greeted with Sana's sleeping figure, she walked over to her bed and shook her. 

"Sana, wake up. You're going to be late for school."

When Jihyo's hand came in contact with Sana's arm, she was shook, Sana's body temperature was hot. Really hot. This girl definitely caught a fever.

"Dummy, walking in the rain like that."

Jihyo was about to leave to go downstairs and inform Mrs Minatozaki but a hand on her wrist stopped her. 

"Jihyo."

"Yes?"

"I am suspended remember? I don't have school today."

Jihyo suddenly realised and mentally smacked herself. 

"Oh yeah, I forgot. You should still get treated for your fever though."

Sana didn't reply but she instead pulled Jihyo, hard enough for the younger one to land on top of her. 

"S-SANA?!" 

"Shhh....."

Sana adjusted Jihyo so that she could be under the covers with her, Sana had never said it out loud, but she has always enjoyed whenever Jihyo was around, ever since they were little. The younger always made her feel safe and warm inside. She knows that she treats Jihyo harshly most of the time but she still wonders why the younger one always treats her so nicely. 

After 10 minutes of being under the covers with each other, Jihyo decided to speak up.

"Sana, I have to get to school. And I feel like I am going to catch a fever too if i stay any longer so let go."

Sana let Jihyo go, the younger stood up and headed towards the door, she was about to leave when she heard a whimper from behind her. She turned around and Sana looked even WORSE now. She rushed back to the bed and kneeled in front of Sana. 

She placed her hand on her forehead, the girl was burning hot and she was breathing heavily. 

Jihyo rushed downstairs and informed Mrs Minatozaki about her daughter's condition then she left for school. 

 

During school, Jihyo was extra spaced out, she was worried about Sana. She didn't want to admit it but she had always cared for Sana even when the older treated her like shi-

Anyways, after school, she rushed to Sana's house to check up on her, thankfully she looked better, not much, but better. Mr Minatozaki was still at work, Mrs Minatozaki was out buying groceries and medicine, so Jihyo offered to stay and watch over Sana. 

Jihyo was just sitting next to Sana's bed and looking at the sleeping girl, totally not creepy at all. The younger one had always admired Sana's beauty, Sana was one of the most beautiful girls she had ever met in her life. 

After an hour of Sana sleeping and Jihyo playing on her phone, occasionally looking at the older one who woke up to view of Jihyo slowly dozing off. She reached her hand out from under the blanket and cupped the younger's soft cheeks.

"Oh hey. You're awake, your parents are out so I am looking after you for now. Do you want anything?" 

"No. Go home. It's late and I don't need you looking after me, I can take care of myself."

Jihyo sighed, she would be lying if she said that she wasn't hurt every time Sana spoke to her like that, unlike some of her friends, she's fragile and just a few harsh words can make her cry so it took all the will power in her to not cry infront of Minatozaki Sana. She stood up. 

"I'll be downstairs if you need anything."

Closing the door behind her, she took a long and deep breath. Sana was right, it was getting quite late and she had school tomorrow but she had already offered to look over Sana until her parents get back, so she decided to stick it out until the end. 

She didn't even realise it that she had fell asleep on the couch until the house phone rang. 

"Hello? Minatozaki household."

"Hey Jihyo sweetie, I am so sorry for keeping you there so late but unfortunately, my husband got into an accident, nothing too serious but I have to stay with him at the hospital over night. I would really appreciate it if you stayed with our Sana for the night, I'm worried that her fever will suddenly strike again."

"No problem, I'll stay. You and Mr Minatozaki take care."

"Thank you so much Jihyo, I really owe you one."

"Oh it's really not a big deal. Goodnight."

 

Jihyo went upstairs to inform Sana about her parents and when she opened the door, she saw Sana sitting on her bed, staring at nothing. 

"Sana?" 

Sana looked at Jihyo's direction and raised her eyebrow. 

"You're still here? I told you, I can take care of myself."

"Well, your mom asked me to stay the night, she fears that your fever might get worse during the night. Your mom is at the hospital looking after your dad. She said he got into an accident but she also said it was nothing serious."

Sana stayed quiet but Jihyo could tell she was panicking and getting worried so she went over and put her hand on her shoulder.

"Everything will be fine, they'll return in the morning. Anyways, I am going home to get a few things and I'll be back. If you need anything, call."

 

Jihyo set foot outside and looked up, a few drops of rain landed on her face. 

"It's raining again...maybe it's my fault." (Get the joke?) Jihyo laughed. 

She went back to her house which took like 10 seconds and went to her room to collect PJs, her toothbrush etc. It took her 15 minutes to get everything ready, by now it was raining hard, even thundering. She realised that she was missing something, her cellphone which was in her school bag, which she left downstairs when she entered the house. She put everything in her bag and went downstairs to grab her phone and go. 

Jihyo ped her bag and checked her phone. 

51 missed calls from Sana. 

5 messages from Sana. 

Sana: Jihyo come back

Sana: Jihyo I am scared 

Sana: Please 

Sana: It's thundering really loudly 

Sana: Jihyo answer me 

Those were sent 15 minutes ago, the thundering started 15 minutes ago...SANA WAS ENDURING THE THUNER FOR 15 MINUTES ALONE.

Jihyo dropped everything and rushed over to Sana's house and bolted upstairs, she pushed the door open and there she was, whimpering under the blanket. 

She ran over to the Japanese's bed. 

"SANA! I am so sorry! I left my phone in my bag and didn't get your ca-" 

She couldn't finish when Sana practically pounced on her making them both fall to the floor with Sana on top. The older one was shaking and crying, it made Jihyo feel extra guilty for not being there for her. 

"I-I am so scared. What do I do?"

"It's okay...I am here. I am here so you won't face the thunder alone."

She gently caressed Sana's soft hair and placed light kisses on her forehead then she managed to get them both onto the bed, safe, under th covers. 

After 10 minutes, Sana had soundly fallen asleep in Jihyo's arms, the younger was also starting to feel drowsy and fell asleep too. 

That night, they both had the best sleep they've had in a while. Thanks to the warmth of each other.