Just 2 days

Just 2 days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Tsk...how can you call yourself a detective if your willing to take 2 days off!” A man in his early 50 screamed his length trying to make himself clear by shouting!

 

Chanyeol who was rolling his eyes on the man was so tired and need a day off! The man is his superior, and he definitely know that since day one he didn’t get any time to rest, he frown, play with his hair and look at the man with sharp look not wanting to leave this office without an acceptance “I didn’t take any rest since the day I came here and it’s 3 years almost sir! Am sure I have all the right to do so! And it’s just 2 days!”

 

The man start to hit everything in front of him he even throw papers on Chanyeol “you want a rest! you should go die for that! NOW BACK TO YOUR WORK!”

 

Chanyeol knows the man exaggerating since they have a lot of cases, but Chanyeol didn’t want to take anyone because he know he want to take a rest! And definitely he want to go back to his hometown for sometime, since the day he graduated as a detective they sent him to this big city, which he didn’t like, why? Because changing his career was because of one person, one person that he definitely isn’t in this city, “Okay! I quit then” he said in anger because for the past three years he did his best and solve many cases, he know the old man will be the one loosing him. With the said words he left the office and everyone out there were looking at him, looking shocked because that glassy office could easily hear any conversation from far away.

 

“Chanyeol don’t be so rushed” 

 

they start to tell him, but he really was angry! 

 

“You know him his just angry because he doesn’t want you to leave him alone in this mess”

 

“Chanyeol, just calm down”

 

But Chanyeol didn’t listen to that! He went straight to his office and start taking his staff, filled with disappointment and furious because he did his best and still doesn’t look like he need a rest!

 

But not more then seconds the head of the police came out of his office still screaming and yelling at everyone “HE WANT TO TAKE A REST! BUT HE QUIT! WHAT KIND OF DETECTIVE WE HAVE SUCH A SHAME” he was shouting coming near Chanyeol office, and that was the last space left in Chanyeol calmness before he can explode on the guy who keep shouting on them every day even when they do something good! even when they solve a serial killer case that get a shouting like ‘you think by catching one criminal people stop suffering’ yes his right but still that have nothing to do with them being happy! “YOU...” Chanyeol was about to scream and take it all out on that short old man he was standing near him, but he stopped when he saw a paper slammed by the shouting man, and it was his 2 days leave accepted. He was shocked yet speechless! 

 

The old man look at him now and gaze the same gaze he gave him before “7am you should be here after 2 days or I will demote you to do report work” with that he finally stopped yelling and go back to his office slamming the door closing it.

 

Chanyeol face wasn’t the happiest one among everyone there, because they know how much it will be hard for them if he left, they all have this moment of joy secretly inside. He took the paper and look at it with a proud smile knowing that he won’t have this 2 days as a vacancy  no he will go and search for him, even if it just 2 days he will do his best, he did his best for the last years searching for him but like his name was forbidden from the criminals list he had collected from people he know back in his hometown, he never found anyone with that name! but today he decide to go on his own, since he finally found a time

 

he still need to work till his shift end at midnight, it’s just 2 hours to go but it’s okay he decide to just deal with those criminals who came by other unites questioning them.

 

 

“Hey! Still willing to help!”he heard a co-worker police officer ask him and he nodded as a reply, taking the file from him he look at the guy! “What the case!”

 

The co-worker, “a civilian report a shooting down town at the Street R-02, we took the culprit from the scene, the strange thing is like he wanted to get arrested, the guy didn’t run away! He waited us to come, not saying a word we took him in! We found illegal gun with him, fake ID, No papers telling who he really is, we took his prints to the searcher and we r waiting the results, No casualties and no one in the scene just him, we left him in the questioning room”

 

“I will question him then, who will be in charge of the case?” Chanyeol asked

 

“I don’t know yet!”

 

Chanyeol nodded understanding “I will give you a report when I question him, just give him to who ever get in charge, Okay!”

 

“Yes detective Park!”

 

 

 

>><><><><><><><><><<

 

 

 

Moving to the questioning room, Chanyeol look at the man in his late 20s sitting there playing with the handcuffs in his hands that were pinned to the table, the guy look like he didn’t care at all, and Chanyeol hate those kind of people, they were the hardest to deal with, he gets in and look at the man, they have this eye contact for a second, and Chanyeol was the first one to leave the staring contest, that didn’t take more then 5 seconds.

 

He sits in front of him on the only chair left in that empty room and back at the starring contest, first he didn’t say a word, he was just looking at him, till a smirk now was on the man mouth when he asked “aren’t you going to question me?”

 

Chanyeol nodded, he know something is suspicious in this guy “what do you want?”

 

The man shrugs “I have an illegal gun a fake ID so maybe I committed a crime!”

 

Chanyeol look at the file “Xuimin is you’re name!” 

 

“In my fake ID yes!”

 

“Then what if I told you, you can go now because we didn’t find anything on you! No one said you were the one shooting! No one saw you killing anyone and obviously no body is dead!?” Chanyeol asked, because if the guy did want to get arrested, and knowing he hit the good point because his expression was so readable now, saying ‘don’t do that’

 

“So tell me Xuimin, what exactly are you hiding from, in here?” Chanyeol asked seeing how nervous the man was now, he look left and right, like he was fighting inside his brain to tell or not.

 

The place become silent, Chanyeol decide to not say a word and just look at him, the guy hesitate, he hesitate so much till he decide to not say a word.

 

After that a knock heard and the co-worker came in “detective Park” he said while handing him a results, Chanyeol gladly took it and open it, he roll his eyes and look at the man “your free to go”

 

“What? Why?” The man said shocked

 

Chanyeol roll his eyes “the gun is on your real name and it legal Kim Minseok, the real ID was  on your bag, you have no past crimes and a wetness said that you fires your gun in the air, and you were the one calling the police to arrest you so you will get a warning this time, for the disturbance of the police and the neighborhood” Chanyeol stand to leave that room but he said before going out “if you want a help from the police you can come and ask for it!”

 

Minseok bite his lips and clench his fist in anger with the said words, Chanyeol notice that, but cases like this isn’t his specialty, the guy just want to bother them maybe! but still they have no right to take him in since he have nothing as a crime in the past.

 

Back to his desk he look at the hour and it was almost midnight just 20 minutes and he is free to go “yes!” He said, take his car keys and move out of that building, knowing he will take the road to his own town, where to start! He doesn’t know! But he will find a way when he go there! Maybe starting by the name...Baekhyun.

 

 

 

>><><><><><><><><><<

 

 

Getting in his car, Chanyeol start the engine, and drive out, all the way to the highway, he start the music on his car, yes he never forget his passion to music, but he decide to make himself useful in this world, because people suffer out there! And after those years and people he saved and found justice for them he never regret his decision.

 

So maybe if he find him...if he still alive...he would make him go to the right path, because he know his not bad, he deeply know he is a good person that just bad circumstances make him became what he is.

 

“Keep driving or I blow your brain”

 

Chanyeol eyes got wide open when he heard the trigger of the gun behind his back! How the hell he didn’t notice someone was in his car?? Because he was fantasying his future and past scenario he didn’t give a damn! 

 

No! Not that! This guy behind him is a professional “Minseok what are you doing?” He asked looking at the road, trying to be calm, and looking at the other reflection in the rear view mirror

 

“How much kidnapping a detective can take me in jail!” The guy asked like he wanted to go in.

 

Chanyeol shake his head a no, “Why your insisting to go in jail! you want help I can help you” 

 

“I don’t need a help from the police!” The man said in anger like he hate them already, but still he came to them

 

“Why you come to us! And what are you doing in my car then?” Chanyeol said in anger this time, he can’t predict people intentions but this guy is way too obvious or neither naive!

 

Finally he huffs in defeat like he was holding something inside for long he put his gun down “I need protection! And I know no one can afford that to me! Except jail am sure I will be fine there! But I don’t want to do any crime”

 

Chanyeol slowly pullover in the nearest gas station he found in that highway, the guy seems not bothering by that, also he look harmless, Chanyeol turn to look at him to get a clear view of the guy expressions “why you didn’t say that from the beginning? I can take you back to the police station and they will help for sure”

 

“NO!” Minseok screamed “am not that weak to ask police help!” 

 

But Chanyeol saw those confused eyes again 

 

“You sure the police is the problem?” Chanyeol asked “tell me the truth I may can help without going back to the police station then! Am a detective and I work in the field more!” Falling to the words he said, he saw the guy nodding.

 

Minseok, “if I go to the police they will arrest the one who want to kill me! and I don’t want that!”

 

Chanyeol eyes got wide open when he heard the word kill “are you serious, someone want to kill you and you afraid we arrest him! what is this a mafia joke?”

 

Minseok shake his head a no, “his my friend from childhood, and he have rules, a target is a target even if it a close one, and I respect that”

 

Chanyeol laugh a sarcasm one, maybe the guy can come back to his sense “respect? will sir! That not even close to be friend if he have this moto, and I can’t protect you here! If a killer out there hunting you, you seriously should go to the police station”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter