Here's to Married Life with You

Married Life

"Firstly, Yoona-ssi, a big welcome back from me along with thousands of your fans. Everyone from across the country and the globe have been highly anticipating your comeback to the entertainment industry after almost two years of hiatus."

 

"Ah, yes. It's good to be back. Thank you all for waiting patiently."

 

"So it has been a few weeks since you've stepped back into the spotlight. How are you feeling so far?"

 

"I must admit that it was overwhelming for the first few days. I've almost forgotten how hectic some of my schedules can be.”

 

“Would you like say a few things before we start?”

 

“Hi I’m actress Im Yoona it’s nice to meet you all. I would like to thank you all for the warm welcome and for allowing me to have this opportunity to guest on Married life with my wife. Married life, start!”

-----------------------------------

 

It was silent inside the master bedroom. Nothing but the light rustling and soft breathing from its occupants disturbed the tranquil peace that all people crave to wake up to.

 

The rustling of blankets is the only thing that can be heard as one of the two lumps beneath the warm covers turn this way and that, their limbs moving about as if to stretch out their unused muscles for the day ahead. But the movements underneath the blankets cease and the silence once again returns for a split second before a loud screech of satisfaction tears through the tranquillity. Not caring if she had woken up the other lump lying beside her.

 

A scrawny arm reaches out from beneath the covers and grabs a camera placed on top of their nightstand. She clumsily fiddles with it, her cognitive function still clouded with the thought of sleep and returning back to her dreams.

 

“Is this thing on?” She mumbles to herself still underneath the blankets. Only her messy hair splayed on her pillow and smooth forehead can be seen in the recording.

 

“Blinking means that it’s on right?” She questions herself one last time before she gives up and hopes for the best. “Ah, screw it.” She extends her hand holding the camera high above her head before dramatically pulling down the piece of cloth hiding her identity.

 

“Good morning!” She greets no one but the camera and smiles as brightly as possible, hoping that she didn’t look like the walking dead. “This is Yoona.” Bending at the neck she gives a small bow to the camera as a sign of politeness. It’s her comeback after a long two-year hiatus after all.

 

“It’s currently 8:35 am…” Her words die down as she struggles to have a conversation with a non-living object. Who knew being away from showbiz for two years could make you so awkward with cameras?

 

“Today is Monday.” She tries to clear the air by laughing, only to realise how much more awkward she looked. “I don’t have an early start today so I can sleep in!” Silence once again envelopes the human and inanimate object. Neither of the two are willing to break the silence, as one occasionally averts their gaze from one object to another while the other silently watches- the steady blinking of its built in light indicates that the footage is stored in its memory.

 

“Yoona you’re so awkward it hurts.” Yoona closes that was about to start yet another one sided conversation and faces to the direction of the groggy yet muffled voice of the person lying beside her hidden underneath their shared blanket.

 

The look on her face brightens as she makes eye contact with the unmoving figure, because even with just seeing her eyes Yoona’s lips will always unconsciously curve towards the sky. And it was also because she didn’t have to talk to the camera anymore.

 

“Good morning unnie.” Yoona slides back into a lying position next to the other, a grin plastered on her face as her sleeping partner refuses to come out of her cocoon. Hesitantly waving at the camera with the tips of her fingertips slightly sticking out from the blanket’s comfortable folds.

 

The sound of the low Morning tugs harder on Yoona’s small grin that it breaks out into a bigger smile. She scoots closer to the blanket cocoon and whispers into the small clearing where the other woman suspiciously peers out, silently watching Yoona’s cheeky grin grow larger. “Unnie~”

 

“Ack! Morning Breath!” Yoona angles the camera better so that the person within the blankets can be seen clamping her fingers around her nose. Her glare is completely ignored by Yoona who is too busy laughing while trying to encase the wriggling cocoon with one arm and two legs. Yoona leaves the camera facing the ceiling as she successfully wraps her arms around the bundle of blankets.

 

The sound of struggling and loud Yoona it stinks or get away from me is overpowered by the loud cackling of Yoona.

 

It takes a while for the two to finally settle back in bed. Yoona once again raises the camera into the air and addresses the camera once more.

 

“I’m back again. But this time I have a special guest. Please give a big round of applause for...” Yoona embarrassingly adds in the drumroll effect before swinging the camera to the person lying beside her to finally reveal the love of her life. “Mrs. Yuri!”

 

“Aha.. Yeah..” Yuri quickly side eyes Yoona as the camera shakes from Yoona’s antics. ”Hello everyone my name is Yuri. It’s nice to finally meet you.”

 

Yoona excitedly bounces on her spot causing the camera to violently shake and Yuri starts to worry if the editors are ever going to get good footage or if they’ll suffer motion sickness from all of the unstable footage.

 

“Honey calm down.”  Yuri gently pries the camera from Yoona and holds it up like Yoona.” It must have been hard on you guys. I don't know why Yoona’s so awkward in front of a camera when she’s an actress.”

 

“Hey~” Yuri’s eyebrow rises at Yoona’s weak attempt of saving face. “That’s not true…” No one’s convinced Yoona.

 

“If you get tired of Yoona, please contact me instead.” Yuri snickers, watching as Yoona struggles to find words to rebuke her words. “At least I know how to talk to a camera”

 

“YAH~” Yoona surges for the camera and successfully snatches it from Yuri’s grip. Yuri is getting too powerful in front of the camera. The fans can’t see her getting so easily bullied. “Yah no cut! NG! NG!”

 

Yuri stares at Yoona funnily as if asking what the problem was all of a sudden.

 

“You’re not supposed to be so natural with the camera on the first day!” Ah, so that’s what’s pulling on Yoona’s leg. “You have to be camera shy! Let’s do it again!”

 

The camera is once again turned away to face the ceiling. The sound of shuffling and Yoona’s hurried whispering blurs out the boring white shade of the bedroom roof. Her whispering gradually decreases in volume until it was barely audible on the recording. The whole room reverts back to its silent state and the plain ceiling is once again the only thing that garners attention.

 

The camera is violently swung to face a brightly smiling Yoona. “Welcome back everyone!” Her excitement is almost palpable with how much her eyes keep averting to something or someone hidden behind the camera. “Everyone… Say hello to my wife!”

 

She once again violently whips the camera to person in front of her catching the said person of guard.

 

“Omo!” Yoona’s revealed wife clumsily flings her hands onto her face as she shies away from the camera that is slowly inching towards her face. “Yah~ I don’t have makeup on!” She whines into her hair that is now covering three quarters of her face, adamant on playing along with Yoona’s whims.

 

“My heart won’t be able to take your beauty once you put make up on!” Yoona dramatically falls back on the bad as she clutches her shirt covering her heart. She giggles as Yuri squeals in both disgust and embarrassment- she can never be able to fight back from Yoona’s surprise grease attacks.

 

Yoona laughs some more even though she is barraged with slaps on her shoulder as she sees the redness pooling on her wife’s cheeks and ears.  Yuri is just too cute sometimes!

 

She catches Yuri’s attacking hand and gives it a sharp tug earning a small yelp from the unsuspecting victim as she topples into Yoona’s awaiting one-armed hug. Yoona guides Yuri’s head to fit more comfortably on her shoulder before she faces the camera once again.

 

“We are Yoonyul.”

 

Yuri is beyond surprised and Yoona can see the way Yuri slightly pulls away from her spot, before a small smile makes its way to her face as she looks at Yoona’s side profle. She never imagined that Yoona would use their couple name on live broadcast; she had always thought that it would remain as hopeful thinking.

 

Yoona looks down on Yuri as she too proudly smiles at the latter. Happy to finally let the world know that she is taken and happily married to the woman beside her.

-----------------------------------

Anon05: It’s only the first episode and we already have an official ship name

Anon08: Find yourselves a ship who is sailing like them.

Anon88: This isn’t a ship. This is a 100 000 tonne cruise ship.

Anon94: This is the content I signed up for.

Anon158: Are you sure Yoona didn’t marry an idol?

Anon165: @Anon158 Or an actress?

Anon198: @Anon158 Or a model?

-----------------------------------

 

"Where have you been?"

 

"I don't think you should be saying that when you weren't in bed this morning"

 

Yoona pouts as her stylists continue their administrations on the doe eyed woman's hair, ignoring the duo's daily banter.

 

"Have you eaten?"

 

"How would I be able to eat anything when my lovely wife can't eat with me."

 

"Your fans are going to think that I'm not feeding you."

 

Yuri lightly chuckles at the deepening frown on the other woman's face as her wife's overly imaginative mind starts to think of scenarios regarding her fans and their comments.

 

That was, until Yoona's beloved wife of one year brought out a small container full of strawberries that immediately swiped the frown away from her powdered face.

 

Yuri + Food = Happy Wife.

 

Yoona's mouth is spread so wide into a grin Yuri was afraid that it was going to tear in half. But on the other hand, Yuri's not too surprised at how wide her wife could stretch that mouth of hers seeing as she can eat five bowls of rice on a normal day per meal. PER MEAL. And yet, her lovely wife still manages to keep those finely shaped abs that she carelessly shows off at home that never fails to (unconsciously) seduce her. Bless those abs Bless her fast metabolism.

 

Yoona's still happily squealing about the strawberries that her wife had brought her- you'd think she won the lottery or something.

 

Well, that's Yoona for you. She still pinches herself to make sure that she's married to the most perfect person in the world. In her sense, she has won the lottery. Out of the billions of human beings in this world, she fell in love with Yuri and managed to charm her way into the other girl's heart and is now happily tied to her wife till death do them apart.

 

"Unnies! Do you see this?" Yoona excitedly turns around to her stylists who are eyeing the box of strawberries that Yoona had pushed up into their faces questioningly.

 

"My wife brought this for me! Isn't my Yul sweet?" Yoona then softly shakes the box full of strawberries to further make her point about how her Yul (who is now currently hiding behind her hand in embarrassment) is so considerate of her needs.

 

Yuri wonders how her beautiful lover managed to walk into her heart and make a home out of it- complete with a garden full of brightly coloured flowers adorning the front. She normally opts for charismatic partners, and yet, the love of her life is happily squirming in her seat, cheeks bulging out with strawberries, eyes dazzling as their eyes meet- conveying how happy Yoona was that she was there with her.

 

It was Im Yoona, Korea’s national gem, who had first influenced her want to find charismatic partners. Everyone who had eyes can see how charismatic the star was. She was the epitome of it. Yuri’s infatuation with charismatic people had lead to relationships that blossomed too early and fell apart just as quickly.

 

Im Yoona was Yuri’s perfect preference of a lover. The bar was set high. Too high.

 

Until one faithful encounter with her idol.

 

All the bars and expectations set fell apart. She doesn’t know how they started off in a friendly relationship as Idol and fan. She was fine as friends because she was able to see sides of Yoona that lots of people couldn’t see behind screens and was happy. Yuri wouldn’t have wanted anything else.

 

Then her heart bounced and leapt whenever she saw the dorky Yoona. The same Yoona who had smiled so brightly when she presented her a steaming bowl of freshly made packet noodles, as if she had just solved world hunger. That was when she finally saw Yoona.

 

Just Yoona.

 

The Yoona who acted like a child when cameras and peering eyes were nowhere to be seen and the national titles that she was bestowed on were now weightless on her shoulders.

 

It was months after she was first officially introduced to the girl when Yuri had realised that it was actress Im's persona that first caught her eye to sought out partners who had her qualities. But it was the Im Yoona outside of the television and billboard advertisement who she had fallen deeply and madly in love with.

 

"Yoona-ssi we're on in ten minutes." Blinking out of her thoughts, Yuri lifts her head in time to see Yoona's lingering stare before her stylists once again decorated her face with make up

 

Once left alone Yoona brings her hands forward, opening and closing them, motioning Yuri to come closer. Her eyes crinkle in delight as Yuri follows along and strides closer before clasping the younger's hands and pulling the girl to her feet.

 

"You know you could've stood up yourself."

 

"Who said I couldn't?" Yoona says with a tilt of her head. The tugging of one corner of forms into an uneven grin as she playfully answers,

 

"What if I just wanted to hold your hand?"

 

An answer in which Yuri merely scoffs and playfully rolls her eyes as if disgusted at this side of Yoona. She doesn't bother to separate their intertwined fingers as they made their way out of the dressing room. "Smooth one Im."

 

"Only for you babe." Yoona emphasises the babe knowing that Yuri isn’t too fond of english terms of endearment, mostly opting for older terms of endearment such as jagiya and yeobo. She greasily winks at the show of Yuri crinkling her nose in distaste, definitely enjoying seeing the small quirks of her wife despite seeing them everyday.

 

"Ugh that's gross. Go back to earning money for me." Yoona chuckles before walking backwards towards the set, occasionally sending flying kisses to her wife who is cheekily dodging and flicking away Yoona's love.

 

As soon as the cameras were set and ready it only took a millisecond for the dorky and childish Yoona to be tucked away, hidden from plain view as the Yoona Yuri had first seen finally steps into the spotlight once again. She bites her bottom lip to conceal the smile that was threatening to show at the sight of Yoona posing as the cover girl for one of Korea’s biggest magazines.

 

-----------------------------------

Anon210: I'm so glad that Yoona's back in the business! I missed you <333

Anon286: Nation's visual indeed

Anon358: Did you see how excited Yoona looked when she was given the strawberries #shikshin

Anon420: @Anon358 more like seeing her wife

Anon598: Did you see the way they looked at each other?! Yoonyul invented love.

Anon683: I am devastated… Where can I find what they have? ! ? !

-----------------------------------

 

“You’re late.”

 

“You’re gorgeous.”

 

“You’re… still not forgiven.” Yoona juts out her lower lip in response before plopping herself down on the chair next to her wife.

 

It was the day of Yoona’s movie premiere and since Yoona was in it she is obligated to attend the very first screening. Yuri had arrived earlier than Yoona and was currently getting her hair done for her first movie screening with Yoona.

 

Yoona sits nervously as she silently chews on her lower lip, clearly lost in her thoughts. Sensing the change in her aura, Yuri slightly turns and rests her hand on the younger’s thigh and gives it a squeeze in query.

 

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Yoona can’t help but worry for her wife. The press can be overwhelming at times for her, what more with her wife who hasn’t been exposed to the hungry cameras?

 

“Of course I’m sure. It’s your first movie since your hiatus. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” Her worries dissipate at the sight of the small smile plastered on her wife’s face and seeing pride sparkling in those chocolate brown orbs. She reaches for Yuri’s hand resting on her lap and brings it up to her lips as a sign of gratitude. She couldn’t be more thankful that she found someone who was more than supportive with her line of work, knowing that showbiz isn’t always all sparkles and glitters and that it can strain and break relationships.

 

“Plus I heard that Girls’ Generation are going to be there.” Yoona doesn’t miss the chance to whine and place extra kisses on the back of Yuri’s hand at the sight of the faint glimmer of playfulness in her wife’s eyes. For who was she to ignore her wife’s playful advances?

 

Their antics die down as the make up artists enter and proceeded with adding layer after layer of beauty products on their faces. But even with the lack of verbal teasing and whining their intertwined hands wriggle and squirm- pulling away before the other chases and grabs for its partner, once in a while giving it a squeeze- a conversation that only its respected owners can decipher and understand.

*

It was now Yoona’s turn to get her hair done. She should have used the spare time to catch up on sleep. But something about how Yuri flipped her hair over her shoulder as she scrolled through her social media captured Yoona’s attention- and wouldn’t let go of it.

 

“You’re staring.” It was like Yuri was surrounded by a halo of light as the world slowed and the sound of clutter faded to a low buzz, Yoona couldn’t look away even if she wanted to. It felt like the world belonged only to the two of them and nothing else mattered.

 

“You’re stunning.” It felt like she was seeing Yuri for the first time again. The butterflies once again taking flight and tickling the roof of Yoona’s stomach with their endless fluttering- never tiring and never ceasing, mirroring the emotions churning within Yoona.

 

“You’re absolutely right.” As if finally unbound from a silent spell at the sight of the smug grin adorning Yuri’s beautiful face, the world returns to its busy pace and Yoona could once again hear the movement of their makeup artists in the room. The only thing that remained of the spell was the soft glow of Yuri’s cheeks and the feeling of butterfly wings in her stomach.

 

“I’m so lucky.” Yoona chuckles to herself before once again intertwining her fingers with Yuri’s, placing kisses on the back of her hand with her fully painted lips.

 

“Yoona! You’re getting lipstick all over my hand.” Yuri shrieks and tries to pull away in the midst of Yoona’s mirthful cackling.

*

 

Yoona hadn’t even stepped out of the main entrance and she could already see the flashing cameras and hear their shutters clicking with every picture taken of her. Yoona first walks out, along with her manager to control the crowd, to greet the fans and thank them for their unwavering support.

 

She feels, rather than hears, their increasing excitement through the way they look at each other before trying to get the attention of the person behind her. She looks back to the cause of the crowd’s sudden surge of excitement and sees Yuri near by. She takes a step backward and reaches out to the older woman, who happily intertwines their fingers together before naturally stepping to her side.

 

There are soft squeals and quiet sighs in the midst of a sea of flashing cameras but Yoona pays no mind as she watches Yuri interact with a couple of her fans through shy waves and small smiles. She gets back into thanking her fans and telling them to get home safely as her manager quietly urges them into the van.

 

There is a second of silence as the two make eye contact before Yuri bursts into a fit of giggles. Yoona’s own lips tug upwards in response to the older girl as her eyes brighten with something akin to adoration.

-----------------------------------

 

Park Sonna is the perfect definition of a police officer. She’s driven, just, hardworking and is never afraid to put her life on the line for civilians. Taking down criminals is what she lives and breathes for.

 

Her face is set in stone as she listens to a fellow police officer report their findings while surveying the interior of the building through its large windows, looking for clues that might have been carelessly missed. The crime scene of an armed robbery.

 

One thing that people should know about Park Sonna is that she is never distracted when she is on duty. Because distraction will never bring anyone any good- especially when you’re in Officer Park’s line of work. She would never forgive herself if she was ever caught focusing on something else that was nowhere close to the crime scene that she was being informed on.

 

A woman who seemed to be in her mid twenties strutted past the gathering crowd of on-lookers behind the police tape, seemingly clueless of the flashing red and blue lights of police cars and mumbling crowd standing on their toes to sneak a peak of what would be the highlight of their day. Instead, she greets the barista standing in her window and waits as the barista returns to work behind the coffee machine.

 

Officer Park snaps out of her staring, internally scolding her wandering eyes, and returns back to the officer now pointing at several buildings of which had seen the commotion in that same old monotonous voice.

 

So it wasn’t her fault that her eyes would once again wander from the scene of investigation to the woman talking to her phone behind the officer’s shoulder.

 

The woman massaged her temples as if irritated at the person on the other side of the line. Her eyes swiping through the image of the crowd behind the yellow and black tape, the police cars, and the two police officers talking in front of the building whilst her phone remained on her ear and that irritated expression still on her face.

 

Park Sonna’s seemingly blank expression falters as the woman caught her staring. Her eyes widening by a fraction before frantically returning back to her fellow colleague’s tedious report. The heat on her neck making its way up to her cheeks as she was now the object of the woman’s attention. Officer Park doesn’t know if her colleague had noticed her sudden interest on the spec of dirt on her shoe or if he had and decided to ignore it for the sake of finishing his report.

 

“Shall we go in Officer Park?” Officer Park straightens herself, the face of neutrality once again returning as she nods and is about to follow her co-worker when the small smirk of the woman across the street once again lured her attention away from the stolen money and jewels. She couldn’t help but watch as the woman turned away with a cup of coffee now in hand as her heels clicked away from the crime scene that Officer Park was investigating.

 

Officer Park Sonna was never one to be distracted on duty, but she couldn’t help but think back to the woman in black pencil skirt and white button up shirt with glowing copper skin and jet-black hair.

-----------------------------------

Anon132: Kekekeke did you see that way Park Sonna stared at the mysterious woman

Anon439: Is that what love at first sight looks like? Kekeke

Anon594: I nearly screamed at the movie screening when I saw Yoona’s wife!

Anon595: She didn’t even say a word in the cameo and even I fell in love with her.

Anon670: This is a GAYS event only.

Anon1579: SonnaxMysteriousWoman is cannon.

Anon1633: Park Sonna: …               Mysterious Woman: smirks              Me: GAY

-----------------------------------

 

“Congratulations on the success of your movie Yoona-ssi!”

 

“Ah yes, thank you! I’m so thankful to everyone who contributed to its success.”

 

“There’s one scene that is very popular amongst the fans. What was the story behind it?”

 

“Well that scene wasn’t even supposed to be in the movie. The director decided that it would be funny to sneak Yuri into the scene that I was currently filming, and dressed her up in the business attire that was supposed to be for our extra.”

 

“So that was your natural reaction?”

 

“Ah yes… I ended up getting teased about it until production finished. I still get teased about it actually.”

 

“How did Yuri-ssi react when she made it to the final cut?”

 

“Yuri was really surprised about the cameo. The director ended up loving how distracted I got that he begged Yuri to retake the scene. We didn’t expect that it would be included in the final cut!”

“Yuri loved it. She had always dreamed of acting in a movie, she was ecstatic when she was able to do so- even if it was only a small cameo. I couldn’t help but feel the same way too, knowing that I was able to help my wife achieve a long lost childhood dream.”

 

“What did you think of Yuri’s acting?”

 

“Yuri’s portrayal as a business woman was very attractive.”

-----------------------------------

 

“Omo..”

 

“Wow.”

 

“So pretty.”

 

Yuri is currently hunched over phone fangirling over Yoona’s latest Lays chips commercials. Specifically when Yoona playfully winks and forms a heart. Ultimately sending her (and thousands more) heart(s) a flutter. Yuri couldn’t fight against the upward pull of her lips; her cheeks bunching together with how wide her smile had formed. Delighted giggles slip through her parted lips as the gif of Yoona’s wink replays on her phone.

 

Yoona, on the other hand is sulking on the other side of the couch away from her completely oblivious wife.

 

“Yuri~” Yoona whines out from her end of the couch and the pout that she is sporting only helps to show her need for her wife’s attention. She mentally curses her virtual self inside the rectangular device for stealing her wife away from her, successfully creating another level of self-loathing.

 

“Yuriii~” Yoona once again calls and manages to steal back her wife’s attention. Only, Yuri doesn’t see her wife. Instead she sees a human sized puppy sitting on Yoona’s isolated corner. Her big round eyes and soft whimpering capturing Yuri’s puppy obsessed heart- she can’t help but smile adoringly at the said puppy. The overgrown puppy lets out excited whimpers as she sees Yuri opening her arms in invitation, and her whole body jitters in anticipation with every breath she takes before pouncing into those open arms.

 

An amused laugh erupts out of Yuri as she encloses her arms around her puppy-like wife as if she can see the rapid wagging of Yoona’s invisible tail.

 

“You are so cute!” Yuri squeezes the woman in her arms as gushes over Yoona’s puffed cheeks and pout.

 

“You were ignoring me for Lays chips Yoona.”

 

“Hmm… I couldn’t help myself.” Yoona could feel the rise of Yuri’s shoulders from beneath her in the form of a shrug as she basks in the warmthness of Yuri.

 

“I’m her biggest fan you know.” Yuri pinches one of those puffed out cheeks, a teasing glint sparkles in her brown orbs as she makes eye contact with a pair of doe eyes openly gawking at her.

 

Yoona only lets out an unhappy harrumph before going back to snuggling close to Yuri.

 

All was once again quiet in the Kwon-Im household. Until the ferocious growl of Yoona’s stomach wanted something more filling than Yuri’s attention.

 

“Of course we can’t forget about you.” Yuri giggles and pats Yoona’s impatient stomach. “That reminds me. We need to go grocery shopping later.”

 

“Kay. But first, food!” Yoona hops off of the couch, her eyes gleaming at the thought of food before she pulls Yuri along with her to the kitchen.

*

“Yoona that’s not the right type of dog food!”

 

“How was I supposed to know the difference between minced chicken and diced chicken? They’re both chicken!”

 

“Yeah but DoE has a sensitive stomach.” Yuri juts out her bottom lip just imagining her little baby currently living with her parents.

 

“It’s just dog food.” Yoona mumbles as she lags a step behind Yuri.

 

“Says the one who throws a tantrum whenever she’s given fried chicken that’s not Goobne.” Yuri’s left brow rises as she looks over to her displeased wife and smirks as Yoona matches her pace, mouth wide open ready to start her lecture about the superiority of Goobne over all the chicken joints in Korea.

 

Yuri rolls her eyes to oblivion, in good nature, as Yoona goes on and on about the tender juicy chicken encased within a crunchy shell of deep fried batter. She’s heard this rant one too many times, but it still amuses her to this day that the main reason for Yoona’s love of Goobne was because they had shared a bucket of fried chicken during one of Yoona’s most stressful moments of her life. “-Also Girls’ Generation made Goobne who they are today.” And that too.

 

“Goobne is the Godfather of-“

 

“Oh look!” Yuri’s hand clutches onto the back of Yoona’s shirt just as they were about to walk past the snack aisle, effectively stopping Yoona from walking away and finally ending the Goobne topic.

 

“Yoona look!” Yuri’s eyes shine animatedly as she points at a certain limited edition Lays chips that had Yoona groaning and pushing the cart further away from the snack filled aisle. She is dragged back (and almost chocked to death) into the aisle lined with chips that she had once endorsed by the hand still tightly clutching her shirt.

 

“Yoona do the heart!” Yoona lets out a shaky breath from the deepest pits of her lungs, accepting defeat (and also because Yuri is excitedly jiggling her whole body whilst holding out her phone- no doubt ready to film the whole ordeal).  

 

Yoona puts on her metaphorical big girl pants and grabs the green coloured packet of chips and dramatically pulls her hair out of her pony tail, ruffling the ends and sending a wink for effect before she dances while holding up the packet of chips. Ultimately ending with the well-anticipated wink and the most charming smile she could muster just for her wife.

 

Yoona is satisfied with how big Yuri’s smile had become at the end of the impromptu cf. The little kiss she received on her cheek as her reward only proved that her embarrassment was worth it. They were finally going back to grocery shopping as she briskly drags Yuri away from the cursed aisle. Or so she thought.

 

“Yoong look!” Yuri points out at the life sized cardboard cut out of her posing in front of- you guessed it- more neatly stacked Lays chips.

 

“Quick Yoona take a picture of me.” Yuri haphazardly tosses her phone to Yoona who struggles with the camera app after nearly dropping her wife’s precious phone. Her said wife runs to 2DYoona as if the standee was going to walk away at any second.

 

“But-“ Yoona once again sighs in defeat as she operates the camera, occasionally bending down for the optimum angle- knowing her wife would chew her ears off if the angles were unsatisfactory.

 

“Thanks Yoong!” Yuri once again leans in to pacify the grumpy Yoona with another peck on the cheek. She chuckles to herself every once in a while whenever she sees a funny posed picture as she swipes through the collection of pictures Yoona had begrudgingly captured.

 

“I met a celebrity.” Yoona’s once dopey grin morphs to one of disbelief as she places a hand to her chest and a scandalised scoff escapes her.

-----------------------------------

Anon41: Mrs. Im is a whole mood.

 Anong149: Do you see how big her smile got when Yoona winked and did the heart? SHE’s married to the woman in the screen and she’s BEAMING! I. AM. DEVASTATED.

Anon298: I mean who wouldn’t react that way when MRS. IM YOONA IS FREAKING WINKING AND SENDING YOU A HEART?!

Anon649: Mrs. Yuri made it. She started out as Yoona’s fansite and now she’s married to the woman she fangirled over. She is living the dream ladies.

Anon1573: … But… you’re married to a celebrity Yuri ssi….

-----------------------------------

 

Yoona is home alone free from schedule for the first time in a month. She lays on the couch in her most comfortable house wear continuously changing channels that never seem to satiate her boredom.

 

“I’m bored.” She exclaims to no one for the umpteenth time. It’s only halfway through the day and she’s had enough of sleeping and watching the news, the newest episodes of dramas, and variety shows.

 

Cleaning her already spotless apartment seems to be the only option for poor Yoona. But her boredom blues return as her eyes start to hurt from the glistening walls, floor and furniture. She heaves out a quiet sigh before plopping back on the couch, weighing out her next options on killing boredom with her fingers.

 

 

Exercise? Nah she’s too lazy for that.

 

Shopping? She can’t be bothered getting changed.

 

Play an instrument? It’s all the way in the entertainment room. Too far.

 

Draw? I’ll just end up getting laughed at.

 

Cook? It’s been a while since she cooked. That, she can do.

 

 

A messy kitchen and two dishes bubbling on the stove later, Yoona heaves a deep sigh of relief as her dishes are finally almost cooked. But her breath is back in as she sees the abundance of clutter and smeared sauces on almost ever surface that she had cleaned a few hours prior. Dammit.

 

*

 

To y Wifey:

Yul, honey what time are you getting home?? >3<

 

From y Wifey:

Aigoo you miss me. I’ll be home in an hour or so! I’ll see you later <33

 

 

“Alright. Movie time!”

 

*

 

“Ah, home sweet home.” Yuri heaves a heavy sigh of relief upon arriving at the front door and rings the doorbell.

 

Twice. Thrice.

 

Well this is new. Yoona always opens the door for her armed with kisses and bear hugs whenever she has a free schedule. The smell of something cooking definitely indicates that somebody is home. Unless her clumsy wife once again forgot about the food she was cooking and left the stove on before leaving the apartment, completely burning the food and almost burning their whole kitchen down to a crisp.

 

The soft welcoming tune of the security system announces her entrance, but she is only met with dimmed lights, the faint smell of unburnt food and the loud booming of their surround sound system coming from their living room.

 

Slowly, Yuri peaks out from behind the wall and spots Yoona totally engaged in the movie playing. Blanket drawn around her as she silently munches on the bowl of popcorn protectively wrapped in her arms. Yuri couldn’t help but bring her hand to to hide her chuckles, lifting her phone up to take a few stolen shots of her wife’s popcorn filled cheeks.

 

As much as she wanted to stay and take stolen pictures of her wife, a much more brilliant idea is stirring inside her brain that is sure to bring a little mayhem into Yoona’s quiet day off.

 

The grin on Yuri’s face is almost maniac as slinks back to the front door and sends Yoona a quick text.

 

 

To Pretty Wifey:

Honey I’ll be there in five minutes. <3

 

 

Surely enough the whole house is engulfed in silence as Yoona pauses the movie to read the text from her wife.

 

Loud knocking jolts Yoona away from her phone screen as she looks at the general location where the knocking originated. She slightly jumps as another set of knocks echo from the front door before she excitedly walks to it. She opens the door only to realise that no one is standing behind it. Confused, she peaks out to the hallway and finds it empty. A small thought about ghosts and murderers trickle into her brain and hurriedly closes the door and locks it twice- just in case.

 

Yuri amusedly watches the clueless Yoona through the smallest of cracks from her hiding spot inside their walk in shoe rack. Conveniently built a few metres from the front door. A perfect hiding place to spy on Yoona and allow her to make a dash to the door and give it a few knocks.

 

Yoona had already made it to the kitchen by the sound of plates clinking against the dining table, when Yuri once again knocks on the front door before hurriedly scrambling back to her hiding spot. Her adrenaline spiking as she lurks in the darkness. Waiting for her unsuspecting prey to walk past her hiding spot.

 

“Please don’t be a murderer.” Yoona breathes out as she looks through their monitor this time. She’s way too spooked to even open the door and let in something not human. She huffs in frustration and relief as finds the hallways empty. She turns back only to find that she’s no longer alone.

 

“YOONA!” Yoona stumbles over herself into the wall. Her legs giving way, petrified from the sudden appearance of another human being. Her pupils dilate and heartbeat thunder in her chest as adrenaline courses through her bloodstream. She struggles to catch the breath knocked out her while her wife is dying of laughter in front of her and not some ghost from TV.

 

“I’m guessing you’re surprised?” Yuri struggles to say as she wipes a tear from the corner of her eye, her laughter still far from over at the sight of Yoona’s floundering mouth and wide eyes that are about to pop out of their sockets.

 

Even if Yoona tried to say something she wouldn’t have known what to say anyway.  She can still hear her heartbeat pounding loudly in her chest and ears. Her brain only beginning to register one other thing, “Ah! It hurts!”

 

It’s only now she feels the tingling yet numb sensation running up and down the tips of her fingers to the very end of her forearm. A light bulb flickers to light as she realised what had happened. She had hit her funny bone during her fall.

 

“OUCHHHHHH. The pain! It burnssss!” Here comes the drama queen. Returning from her one-week hiatus playing the injured wife.

 

“Is that food I’m smelling?” There are only two things that can distract Yoona from the tantrum that she is about to throw- food and Yuri wearing less clothing. Yuri is definitely not going to strip down to her on live television for the sake of pacifying her wailing wife.

 

So instead she drags the quiet Yoona towards the dinner table proudly displaying her wife’s cooking. instantly watering as she remembers her forgotten hunger.

 

“Have you eaten?” Yuri leans away from the freshly cooked meal to Yoona softly biting her lower lip.

 

It wouldn’t hurt to tease Yoona a little more right? “Hmm I have.”

 

“O-oh.” Yoona averts her eyes to the floor as her mood slightly dampens into disappointment. It becomes too unbearable to toy with Yoona seeing her trying to hide her crestfallen face.

 

“But I wouldn’t miss your cooking for the world.” Yoona beams and quickly sets the table before settling into her seat in front of Yuri.

 

“It’s delicious!” Yuri loves Yoona’s cooking with every fibre of her body. She’ll praise the younger’s cooking skills til kingdom come but she sure as hell won’t let Yoona know that she’s the better cook out of the two. Yoona wouldn’t let her live if she found out.

 

“Good. Good.” Yoona merely beams and proceeds to place more side dishes on Yuri’s never emptying plate. “Eat more Yul!”

 

“Yoona as much as I miss your cooking I can’t eat anymore!”

 

“You cook for the both of us all the time whenever I’m at work. I know how great it feels to come home to a nice warm meal from your wife. It’s my turn to pamper you now.” Yoona leans over the table, swiping the sauce off of Yuri’s bottom lip with her thumb before bringing it to her own lips- the taste of the sauce had never tasted sweeter.

 

“Aw that's sweet.” Yuri coos, “But quit stuffing me like a Christmas turkey!”

 

*

 

“Can I have a bite from yours?”

 

“Yah it’s the same flavour as yours!”

 

“Yeah, but you make everything sweeter.”

 

The two had moved to the living room for dessert. Yuri hadn’t even settled into the couch before getting struck speechless by Yoona, opting to smack her on the forehead instead.

 

Yoona being the drama queen that she is, whines at Yuri dramatically flopping unto the couch clutching her throbbing head. She juts out her bottom lip and massages the tender area. Yuri on the other hand pays Yoona no mind at all and continues eating her ice cream, completely and utterly unbothered by her wife.

 

Yoona rubs her injured forehead harder, whining louder until she was basically the personification of a wailing siren on top of a police car- loud and obnoxious. Yuri soon gets annoyed with the sounds coming out of her wife’s mouth and relents into consoling the loud mouth beside her.

 

“It doesn’t hurt anymore.” Yoona grabs the hand softly rubbing the pink area of her forehead and drags it down the side of her face till it rests on her cheek. A goofy smile plastered on her face as she eyes Yuri cheekily. “But it hurts more here.”

 

Her smile brightens even more when Yuri tenderly runs her thumb along the bone of her cheek. She leans into the hand savouring this little moment with her wife. Her skin tingling at the places that Yuri’s thumb brushed over. Her eyes closing as she brings her own hand on top of Yuri’s to keep her soft hand from leaving her cheek. A soft sigh escapes her upturned lips as she savours the warmth that spreads from her cheek to the very tip of her toes.

 

The softness lasts only a second longer until it is replaced by the dangerous glint twinkling in Yuri’s eyes and the sound of Yoona howling in pain echoing around the wide space of the living room. The sharp pain on her cheeks causes her eyes to water as she feels her cheeks getting torn apart.

 

“Yah! Ow!”

 

“That’s for eating my ice cream.”

 

“Ow! OOOOOOWWWW!”

 

“Mercy please! Mercy Yul!” Yoona pleads as she lowers herself to the floor- kneeling to show her surrender. The tears rolling down her cheeks slowly cease as the pain is replaced by the sweet relief of release from her wife’s vice-like fingers. Leaving them red and pulsing.

 

“Get away from me demon!” Yoona forms a cross with her fingers. Backing away still on her knees from the smiling demon approaching her with her arms wide open.

 

“Aw jagiya. Don’t you know? Love is pain.” Yuri’s arms stretch out in front of her as Yoona’s back hits the wall. Her eyes widen to show both fear and panic as Yuri’s torture devices near her still pulsating cheeks, the evidence of her physical and emotional trauma still fresh on her mind and drying cheeks.

 

“Aw love. I’m not going to hurt you.” Yuri’s soft giggles sound like the background music horror movies use whenever the ghost shows up behind their victim and is about to murder them.

 

“That’s what they all say. Now look at where I ended up.” Yoona defiantly scoffs; laughing in the face of danger as if she wasn’t the one backed to the wall currently protecting her sore cheeks. Yoona soon realises her mistake at the small tick of her wife’s right brow before her outstretched hands surge towards her face as if intent on committing the execution of her wife.

 

“I’m sorry.” Yoona only opens her eyes when she feels the softness of her wife’s lips on her forehead. A trail of tingling skin following the direction of every kiss that is placed on whatever area of skin lays uncovered.

 

“Forgive me.” Yuri mumbles into the skin of Yoona’s covered cheek, regret lacing her tone as her heartstrings tugged at the sight of a cowering Yoona. She didn’t mean to squeeze so hard and hurt her too much. She only wanted to teach the woman a small lesson. Yuri continues to place lingering and short kisses all over Yoona’s face as her silent gesture for Yoona’s forgiveness.

 

“You left out one place.” Yuri pulls back to see that Yoona had uncovered her red cheeks, a small pang of guilt eats away at her heart, and was now pointing to her own pair of lips as she stares Yuri down- drawing her in with those big brown eyes.

 

Their eyes slowly close as Yuri draws closer. Her hands gently placed on the younger’s cheeks, occasionally rubbing circles to soothe the aggravated skin. They both sigh contentedly as their lips finally come into contact. Their chest beating erratically as if it was their first kiss as girlfriends, spouses, and now as one of the few broadcasted same- married couples in Korea.

 

Yuri pulls away first before the kiss is deemed too inappropriate for the show and looks on at Yoona with the same glint of happiness on her face before pulling the younger up to stand.

 

“Come on Yoong. Let’s go to sleep.” Yoona slides her hand into Yuri’s awaiting ones. Her eyes catching on to the silver band on her wife’s ring finger- pressing it to her lips for a soft kiss.

 

She pulls Yuri to a halt just before they enter the room and steps closely into her personal space before placing a lingering kiss on the older’s forehead. Both of their eyes closed and hearts beating in sync. “I love you.”

 

-----------------------------------

Anon15: What? It’s finished already?!

Anon49: Who else is crying? My heart is so soft for them.

Anon209: Finally they kissed! I thought I wouldn’t see them kiss during this show. The ending made me cry.

Anon286: I hope their love last forever.

Anon369: PLEASE we need to protect them. They’re the nation’s couple now.

Anon888: Soft emo hours [OPEN]

-----------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: At long last! It’s finally doneI After one long year of planning and writing! WHEW. I apologise if the writing styles seem to differ from one part of the story to the other. I didn’t have a plot to stick to since this is like a slice of life fic based on married Yoonyul. So I wrote depending on whenever inspiration came and the end product is this. This whole fic was actually based on another fic that I was writing last year. But I ended up writing this instead because a lot more fun to write and I didn’t need to build up Yoonyul’s relationship from the very beginning. I hope it wasn't too confusing on you.. my apologise if it was hehe

 

Mind you Park Sonna is just a name I made up for the sake of Yoona's "movie" hehehe. SonnaxMysteriouswoman is real

 

I hope you enjoyed reading this! Thank you for taking the time to read it. Please don't hesitate to comment! I would like to know what you guys thought of the story! Also thank you to those who subscribed, commented and upvoted my stories! I really appreciate it!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't know when I'll post another story again.. but a superheroau sounds fun right? ;)