YOU

Appreciation

Kim Minseok, a 29 year old handsome and cute young man known as Xiumin, the oldest hyung from the famous boy-band EXO who as his fellow members has a special super-power which is frost. It is why he decided to call his fan site ‘Elsas’. 

 

He debuted 7 years ago after 4 years of training in SM entertainment. The only reason he auditioned in the first place is because one of his friends auditioned as well and because of his ultimate favorite group TVXQ. He looks up to them. 

 

After finally debuting as a part of EXO-M who sang in Mandrin and promoted in China with three other Chinese members. Him and Kim Jongdae, known as Chen were the only Korean members in the sub-unit. 

 

To say it was easy for them to adjust would be a lie. A big one actually. They didn’t just had to learn the language, they had to sing in it in a short period of time. Even communicating with the other members was hard, but in the end, they managed. It’s their dream after all, they would surpass anything. At last, he Minseok got the least lines because his mandrin was not acceptable. 

 

But he never complained. 

 

When Kris, Luhan and Tao left, a gap opened in Minseok’s heart that can neve be filled. They were and still are very dear to him, the hardest thing he had to do was to say goodbye and let them go. 

 

Yet, somehow, he survived. Becoming a one nine members group wasn’t very hard, they were all friends after all. No, they were like brothers. 

 

However, now that they are nine rather than six, the other six members from EXO-K had to share  lines from their older songs as a unit. Which, as you all know, resulted with him Minseok getting the least lines. 

 

The same thing that happened with EXO-M.

 

Nothing new really. Despite him being a very good vocalist who can hit the high notes as well as the main vocalist can, despite working so hard on his dancing skills into perfection, having impressive rapping skills. Last but not least  having good visuals after the suffering and working extra hard with the most brutal diets ever so the bullying of his weight can stop which by the way, had led him to an eating disorder at some point. However, after picking on his chubby cheeks has stopped, the rumors about him getting a plastic surgery began. 

 

 Nothing mattered. 

 

He was, and still is the most underrated member. 

 

He was, he is, he has always been pushed away in the back without any care of his skills and talent. He would only get one or less line in a song, maybe he’ll end up with just background vocals even. He would only be way in the back where he can’t even be seen in his own fancams, and yet he’ll always have his signature gummy shimmering smile on his face and working harder than anyone. 

 

Because he is living his dream. 

 

When someone saw him, Baekhyun and Jongdae practicing together and made a joke about them starting a sub-unit because they are nearly the same height and them suggesting it for real and making it happen. Everyone thought this is the chance for Kim Minseok to shine and show the world (haters) that he is not useless nor talentless. 

 

He was happy, they worked together, they debuted, and he got to be in the center for once singing more than one line in a song. Nonetheless, something was still missing. 

 

He has lines yes, but not as much as Baekhyun or Jongdae have . He would sing of course, but he was still overshadowed by them. Even though, he is just as talented as them. 

 

Maybe no one can be as angelic as Baekhyun, and no one can hit high notes like Jongdae, but it’s still a bit unfair when fans would cheer mostly for them much more than they would for him. To listen to their solo stages more than to listen to his. And yet, he was happy. He would never demand more lines or screen time. 

 

Somehow, he was satisfied and happy. 

 

A couple of days before going to serve in the military he wanted to give his fans a gift to remember him with and help them during the time of separation. 

 

He worked hard on such a short period of time, with the Music Video and the heartwarming sweet song YOU. 

 

Listening to it makes your heart aches and makes you feel hopeful at the same time. His soothing voice and his angelic features helped warming our hearts and filling them with love. 

 

His love. 

 

Yet, not everyone cares about it though. 

 

Maybe it is not your bias’s song, maybe he’s not the most perfect singer although for me he is. However, he deserves the same recognition and appreciation as others. 

 

His song, no, his gift deserves to be accepted the way it is meant to be. 

 

For us. 

 

Imagine how hurt he’ll be to see us careless about his hard work? 

 

How disappointed he would be. 

 

Such a shame. 

 

 

 

 

 

I apologize for this. I guess it’s a way to say, appreciate him more please. :( 

he desereves better.