Lucky

My J

An ordinary Tuesday but Lee Haehyun is now overthinking for the party she will attend on Sunday. She need to attend the 1st birthday party of her godchild in Incheon and she is thinking who will accompany her there. An idea come to her mind that she will ask favor to her cousin to accompany her.

Calling Suho…
“Yeoboseyo?” Suho answered
“Suho oppa!” Haehyun greet
“Haehyun ah wayo?” Suho asked
“Oppa, can you come with me on Sunday in Incheon. I need to attend a party. Remember Yumi’s daughter. Its her 1st birthday. Please oppa come with me I’ll treat you after” Said Haehyun
“Aigoo Haehyun mian I have a date on Sunday. Maybe you should not go” Suho said
“Aww oppa its okay I will look for someone who can accompany me” 
“Uhmm… how about ask Chen if he can come to you” Suho suggested
“Ehh? Oppa I’m shy and maybe Jongdae oppa is also busy you know he has work” Haehyun said shyly
“I’ll ask him but text him also so you can know neh? I’ll hung up now Haehyun ahh again mian. Bye” Suho bid goodbye and hung up.


After the call Haehyun lie down in her bed staring at the ceiling still thinking who will she come with. 
She call her Imo and like her Suho oppa she suggested Jongdae to accompany her. At first she hesitate to text Jongdae. But she has no choice. She want to ask Minseok another friend of her Suho oppa but he is not familiar in the place and he have schedule also on Sunday. So she text Jongdae and wait for his reply.

============================================
Three days had passed and still no reply from Jongdae. Haehyun is now paranoid because of it. She is thinking that maybe Jongdae is mad and thinking she is just using him. Many things running to her thoughts. To calm herself she call her best friend.

Calling Nayoung
“Yeoboseyo?” Nayoung Answered
“Nayoung ahhh what should I do huhu” Haehyun said like crying 
“Waeyo? What happened?” Nayoung asked
“You remember I told you about the party in incheon right? Well I still don’t have who will accompany me and I really need to be there.” Haehyun replied
“Suho oppa? Minseok oppa? Jongdae oppa? How about them?” Nayoung replied back
“Suho and Minseok oppa can’t come they have dates on Sunday and Jondgae oppa is still not replying maybe he is thinking that I’m opportunist that only using him. Maybe he will unfriend me” Haehyun said hysterically
“Yah calm down girl. Maybe Jongdae oppa is still fixing his schedule and will reply to you soon. You know Jongdae oppa never say no to you. Jongdae oppa is different to you so chill okay and wait. You’ll see he will go with you on Sunday and you will be the happiest girl in town because you will have a long drive with Jongdae oppa. We all know you want that and you want to be with him. “ Said Nayoung calming her friend at the same time .
 “Yah Nayoung ahh that’s not true but anyways thanks girl, I will update you what will be his reply. Neh… annyeong” Haehyun replied and she hung up.

While still waiting for Jongdae’s reply she went out to buy medicine for her grandmother. She ask her aunt if she can come with her to the pharmacy and after they will get some coffee. 

In the pharmacy…
“Haehyun ahhh did you see Jongdae?” Her aunt ask
“Nope and I don’t care with him” she bitterly said
“Why do you have LQ?” Her aunt tease
“Nope.. he just not reply to my text I hate him tsk.”
Her aunt laugh.. 
“Wait I’ll text him and tell him to follow us in the coffee shop” her aunt said but Haehyun just rolled her eyes

“ He replied and said he will follow” her aunt said happily shiwing the reply of Jongdae
“What the! He replied to your text but with my text three days ago he did not” Haehyun said with loud voice like she is really not happy with that.
 
Her aunt continue teasing her while laughing.

“Come on lets buy coffee I will treat you” Her aunt said to make her mood change

They drove to the nearest coffee shop in town.

Haehyun and her aunt arrive first while still waiting for Jongdae.

“Tsk I will not greet him when he arrive. He should order for himself” said Haehyun and criss her arm with matching rolled eyes.
“Come on maybe he is just busy. And trust me he will go with you on Sunday” her aunt said and assuring her niece.

Her aunt already order three drinks and two cookies for both Haehyun and Jongdae. After ten minutes Jongdae arrive and seat beside Haehyun.

“Hi imo, Hi Haehyun” Jongdae greet
Haehyun just look at him and drink her coffee.
 “Jongdae ahh here’s you Coffee I don’t know what you like so I just order for you like Haehyun’s drinking” Haehyun’s aunt said
“Its okay Imo. Komawo” Jongdae thanked

Haehyun break what she have said to her Imo that she will not talk to Jongdae. They talk random things like hows work and how busy they are in their daily lives. Now its time to go home.

They were in the parking lot when Jongdae called Haehyun
“Haehyun ah where will you ride?” He ask
“She will ride with you, I need to go somewhere I have to buy something” Haehyun’s aunt lied and enter her car. Haehyun left with no choice and ride Jongdae’s motorcycle.

Yes Jongdae has a motorcycle and its his daily ride from home to work, work to home, vice versa. 

During the ride Haehyun hold on Jongdae’s waist. Deep inside she is happy that she and Jongdae is still in good terms and she is with him at the moment. Every moment with Jongdae is precious for Haehyun she always cherish it. 

“Haehyun ah… you know what samsung offers me a job” Jongdae said
“Really oppa? Wow that’s great did you accept it?” Haehyun asked
“Ani… I still don’t want to left the firm.” Jongdae replied
“Well your right your firm is  still new, so far the firm is successful with the three of you running it. But what ever your decision oppa I know you will do great” Said Haehyun to motivate him.

Haehyun always admire Jongdae for being a goal and career oriented man. He is the only guy that concern about his future and has a future plan for his career unlike the other guys she know who only want is to play around and to date girls. 

The ride has ended and Haehyun got down in the motorcycle.

“Thanks oppa” she thanked for the ride
“Sure no problem”
“Oppa wait” Haehyun called and Jongdae stopped
“Uhmmm are you going with me on Sunday?” She asked shyly
“Yup I’ll go with you on Sunday” he said and smile 
“Nehhh komawo” she thanked him again and go inside to her house

When she enter the gate Haehyun’s heart is racing. She has a mix feelings happy at the same time nervous. She still don’t want to admit that he really likes Jongdae like what her friends and her cousin said. Everybody knows Haehyun likes Jongdae. Some of their relative mistaken them that they are dating but they’re  not. They are just friends and Jongdae is a good friend of her cousin Suho so nah it will never  happen. But apart of her want to be with Jongdae that maybe someday the rumors will be true that she and Jongdae will have a thing. Hoping and dreaming for it. 

========
Days had passed and its already Sunday. 

Haehyun wake up early and prepare herself for the party. They need to be there at 12 so they need to leave by 9. Before going to bath she called Jongdae.

Calling Jongdae…
“Yeoboseyo.” Jongdae answered in sleepy voice
“Oppa did I wake you up? Mian but we need to leave by 9.” Haehyun reminded
“Ani… I just woke up. I’ll prepare now. Pick you up at 9” 
“Neh.. me too I’ll go bath now see you oppa” she said 
“Neh see you” Jongdae said and hung up

Nine o’clock strike they need to leave. Haehyun receive a message from Jongdae that he is on the way to her house. She patiently waiting in her living room. She double check her bag if she leave anything behind and last check herself in the mirror. She wear a simple floral pink dress for the party. Few minutes passed and she hear a honk outside her house so she got out and saw Jongdae, to her surprise He is also wearing pink polo similar on what she is wearing but not floral. Haehyun is happy at the back of her mind. Couple clothes she thought.

“Annyeong oppa” Haehyun greet and smile
“Annyeong”Jongdae greet back with a smile also
“Kaja!” He said
“Neh…” She replied and Jongdae handed her the helmet and help her wearing It. After that Haehyun hop in the motorcycle and they leave the house. 

During the ride Haehyun hold on to Jongdae’s waist. 
“Haehyun ah where will we going?” Jongdae asked
“Oppa at the Paradise city hotel at Incheon” Haehyun asnwered.
“Okay. I’ll set the GPS so we will not get lost” He said and set the GPS on his phone.

Haehyun POV
What is this feeling? I’m nervous. This will be the longest ride with him, just the two of us. I am happy that he did not broke his promise to come with me. Shoot! Another problem what will I tell to my friends who is he. Goodness Haehyun just chill okay and enjoy and cherish every moment with him. This day will be memorable for both of us. I promise that.

End of POV

Jongdae POV
She looks beautiful on her dress and we match clothes today. Good choice I picked pink polo. I know pink is her favourite color. She look tense right now maybe I should lighten the mood.

“Haehyun ah, how’s work?” I asked
“Its great oppa. I enjoy working with the marketing team.” Haehyun answered happily
“How about you oppa how’s work?”she asked
“Its great, lately we have a lot of projects but suho, xiumin and I manage it well” I answered
“Good to hear that oppa”
“Hey oppa you promise last time you will treat me milk tea” Hahehyun asked jokingly
 She’s so cute when she is shy
“Sure.. I buy you later after the party. Lets go on date” I said What the Kim Jongdae what did you just said.
“Mwo opaa what did you say?” She said like she did not hear
“Sure I’ll buy you later” I said again but careful with my words this time. Glad she did not hear the date part.
She clap her hands like a little girl and hold again in my waist. What a cutie. 

End of POV


The ride long for almost two hours  because there is no traffic and Jongdae know some short cut. The whole ride was smooth and they both comfortable with each other. There is no awkwardness between the two. They park first in the Hotel’s parking lot and go to the venue. 


Jongdae POV

Haehyun and I are waiting for the elevator until someone is called Haehyun’s name.

“Haehyun unnie” a girl calling Haehyun and waving at her
“Jina Ahh” Haehyun wave at her and they hug each other.

Behind Jina there are two other girls

The girls are happy to see each other after a long time. Finally they reunited.

“I miss you girls” Haehyun said
“Nado” Jina and Miyoung say at the same time and they all laught.

“Ohh I forgot to introduce to you girls, this is Jongdae opaa” Haehyun introduce Me
“Annyeong, I’m Kim Jongdae but you can call me Chen” I greet them and formally introduce myself

“Oppa this is Daena unnie, Miyoung and Jina our maknae” Haehyun introduce her friends.

“Anneyong oppa” they greet

“Hey Haehyun is Chen oppa your boyfriend.” Daena asked
“Unnie, no Jongdae oppa and I are just friends” Haehyun said with hand gestures but the looks on her friends are not convinced by what she said
“Okay friends” Jina said sarcastically.


Love her expression being shy at the same time panicked with the sudden question of her friends, I want to answer Yes but I don’t want Haehyun to be embarrass. Maybe later I will try and give her a hint. 
I really like it when people mistaken us as a couple. I really want to confess but I don’t still have the courage. I don’t know what will I say to Suho hyung if that will happen. 

End of Jongdae POV

Save buy the bell and the elevator open. They got in. Haehyun and Jongdae are in the corner of the elevator and its almost full that they are really close to each other. Little did they know Haehyun’s friend are watching them.

Haehyun’s POV

Goodness were really close to each other. Jongdae oppa put his arm on my shoulder. My hearbeat is so fast. Aigoo. Why did I bring him here. I think this is a wrong move. My friends and the others will mistaken us again. Am I that obvious that I like him that they don’t believe in what I am saying. 

End of POV

 

Haehyun’s thought was cut off when the elevator open and the people go out one by one until they reach the top floor where the venue is. It is a children’s party and the theme is Sailor.
The five of them went to Yumi their friend the mother of the celebrant.

“Yumi!” Haehyun called the attention of Yumi
“Girls!” Yumi squealed and run to their direction.
“Yumiii I miss you” said Jina
“Miss you too girls” Yumi replied
“By the way Yumi this is Jongdae oppa. Is it okay I tag him along?” Haehyun said
“Sure no prob, your boyfriend?” Yumi asked
“Yes, by the way I’m Kim Jongdae and happy birthday to you daughter” Jongdae said and smiled widely
“Woooh” Jina, Miyoung and Daena sain in unison.
“Oppa” Haehyun said and playfully slap Jongdae’s shoulder.
“He’s just joking Yumi. Oppa is really a good joker” Haehyun explained and laugh awkwardly
“Whatever you say” Yumi said sarcastically
“Come on here’s your table guys, suit yourselves. I will go around for the other guest. The party will start in 5mins” Yumi give them their seats and leave them for awhile.

The five of the seat on a round table, Jina and Miyoung sat beside each other. On Miyoung’s left side is Daena. On Jina’s right side is Haehyun and she is sitting beside Jongdae. They are still wating for the party to start.

“Haehyun ahh how did you met Chen oppa?” Miyoung ask
“Uhm… he is one of my cousin’s friend. You know Suho oppa right?” Told Haehyun
“So do you like him?” Daena ask without thinking
“Yah girls Jongdae oppa will be awkward” Haehyun stop the girls interogation
“That’s fine Haehyun let them be. I will be the one who’ll answer them. Go on girls” Jongdae calmly said and the girls ask again.

“Do you like her oppa?” Its now Jina who ask
“Its up to you to find out” Jongdae answered and playfully laugh with their expression
“Oppa you answered like showbiz” Jina Joke

Haehyun is still processing whats happening. She is not prepared whit that question.

“Chen oppa what your work?” Miyoung asked
“I’m an engineer. We have our own firm running by Me, Suho and our other friend Xiumin” 
“Wow so cool” Jina said amazed by what Jongdae said

Yumi went to their table carrying Yura her daughter.
 “OMG, Yura” Jina squealed and went to Yumi to carry Yura
“Lets take a picture guys, this is the only time we were complete.” Daena suggested and all the girls agree.
“I’ll take the piture” Jongdae volunteered

They gather around Yumi and took their poses.

“1.2.3 Kimchi” Jingdae counted and took a picture. 

They goy different shot and have individual pictures with Yura.

“Chen oppa take a picture with Haehyun and Yura” said Yumi
Jongdae just nod and stand beside Haehyun while he carry Yura.

“Aww so cute. One more” Said Jina and took one shot again

“Okay that’s enough lets start the party now” said Haehyun. 

“By the way Haehyun you will do an intermission number later. Please sing for Yura any song will do” Yumi said

“What? I’m not prepared and I don’t know what to sing” Haehyun said rejecting Yumi
“Please Haehyun ahh. Jina and Miyoung will be the MC of the party and Daena is the photographer so that will be your tribute” Yumi beg and give her puppy eyes
Haehyun don’t know wht to respond until…
“Okay we’ll do a duet” Jongdae said to help Haehyun on the situation
“Really oppa? Nice okay I will just call you later” said Yumi and leave them again

“Oppa what was that, I don’t want to sing” Haehyun complained
“I will be there trust me, we sang this song already.” Jongdae assured Haehyund and hold her hand to ease her nervousness. Jongdae knows Haehyun well that she is nervous  although its not yet the performance.

The party started with a games and watching videos of Yura growing up. They also sing Happy Birthday to her and blow her birthday cake. Its time to eat now and while the guest are eating its time for Haehyun and Jongdae’s duet. 

“Okay… while you guys were eating lets have some entertainment.” Miyoung stated
“Right! Lets give them some song number” Jina added
“Okay lets not wait our dear guest so give it up for Chen and Haehyun” Miyoung introduce the two and tha guests give them around of applause. 

They went up on stage and sit in the chairs while holding the mic. Jongdae looked at Haehyun to ease her nervous. Sometimes she has a stage fright so by looking at her to make her calm and be comfortable with the performance.

“Hello everyone, we will sing you an original song composed by yours truly. Hope you like it” Jongdae tell the guest and they start singing. 

Haehyun start singing

“OH EVERY TIME I SEE YOU
geudae nuneul bol ttaemyeon
jakku gaseumi tto seolleyeowa
nae unmyeongijyo
sesang kkeutirado
jikyeojugo sipeun dan han saram” 

Haehyun’s only looking to the audience she can’t look to Jongdae because of the song. 

“OH EVERY TIME I SEE YOU
geudae nuneul bol ttaemyeon
jakku gaseumi tto seolleyeowa
nae unmyeongijyo
sesang kkeutirado
jikyeojugo sipeun dan han saram
geudae nareul barabol ttae
nareul bomyeo miso jil ttae
nan simjangi meomchul geot gatayo nan
geudaen eotteongayo
nan jeongmal gamdanghagi himdeungeol
onjongil geudae saenggakhae
jogeum meolli uri dorawassjiman
jigeumirado nan gwaenchanha” Jongdae sang his part while looking at Haehyun suddely he hold her hand.

 Haehyun was startled by his action but go with the flow thinking its part of their performance. 
Through the whole performance Haehyun’s friend capture the moment with videos and picture. They are happy for their friends and cant wait for the two to confess to eachother because they obviously see that they have something to each other.

The two give their best with ther performance. Everyone was mesmerised to their voices. The performance ended well and the guests cheer for them. The two give a bow and headed down from the stage.

“That was a blast. What a good singer” Miyoung praise the two
“I know right. And the two look good together right guys?” Jina said 
“Neh” The audience agree with her 
“Aigoo lets stop this Haehyun is turning red already” Miyoung tease and the audince laugh.
“Okay guys lets continue our lunch and enjoy eating” Jina ended the program and the two get down also from stage to eat.

“Wow Chen oppa you composed that song its really great” Jina praised him
“Yes my friends help me with the arrangement” Jongdae proudly said
“Do you dedicate it to someone special?” Daena asked
“Sort of. I want to sing it to the girl I love” He answered
“Aww so sweet, but you got duet with Haehyun so its not special anymore” Miyoung said
“Haehyun is special” Jongdae said and smile then Haehyun choke while drinking her water hearing his answer. 
“Hahahahha! Good joke oppa” Haehyun joke also and laugh the others looked at her with what the F look. 

“Excuse me guys I need to go to the restroom. Continue your conversation” Haehyun said and excuse herself from the group.

Haehyun POV

I go to the restroom because I cant take it anymore. My face is really red right now. Gosh my friend so talkative always. They don’t shut up aigoo. What will Jongdae oppa think now. I need to calm down and act normal so he wont suspect. 

END of POV

Jongdae POV

Haehyun go to the restroom. I saw her face its really red. Did I say something wrong. Am I to obvious? You can do it Jongdae make her realise her feelings to you. I know she likes me because Xiumin hyung always tease us but I like it when they are teasing us. I am deep with my thought when some called me.

“Chen oppa do you like Haehyun?” Yumi asked directly
“Not as friend?” She added
“I like her but I don’t want to ruin our friendship” I answered
“If you really like her you should take the risk.” Daena suggested and the three other girl nodded in agreement.
“You think so? Will she accept me?” I asked back
“Why don’t you give it a shot so you would know. Its better to risk than to regret right?” Jina gave her advice.

We stop talking when Haehyun comeback from the restroom.

“Everything okay guys?” She asked
“Yup! Come on unnie lets have dessert” Jina said and tag Haehyun with her to the desser area
“Go for it oppa you can dot it tell her what you really feel about her” Daena said
“You already have are blessing” its now Yumi who pat my shoulder and I looked at her and to Daena and Miyoung
“Really, thank you. I will do it and I’ll take care of her” I said with assurance and smile. 

END OF POV

Hours passed and the party is over. They all headed down to the lobby. 

“Guys want to join a ride?” Daena offer. 
“I’ll go with you unnie” Jina said.
“Me too” said Miyoung
“ How about you guys?” Daena asked looking at Haehyun and Yumi
“Oh we have service. Were just waiting for it. You can go ahead guys” Yumi answered and look to Haehyun
“Jongdae oppa has a motorcycle. Thanks for the offer unnie” Haehyun said 
“Okay. Soo lets see each other next time girls” Daena said

They bid goodbye to each other and gave hug before they go.

Jongdae and Haehyun are now in the parking lot.

“So where will we go?” Jongdae asked
“Milktea hahaha” said Haehyun
“Aigoo Milktea girl, okay how about we go to hongdae?” Jongdae suggested
“Up to you oppa its yor treat” 
“Okay lets go, hold tight” Jongdae said and start his motorcycle and leave the hotel. 

 

They arrive in the stree of Hongdae. It is Sunday so many people are roaming around going shopping, eating in their favourite restaurants and some are just watching busking performance. 

Haehyun And Jongdae go to Haehyun’s favourite milk tea shop. 

Jongdae order their drinks while Haehyun get the seat, she sat near at the window where they can see people outside. Haehyun is looking outside when Jongdae sat with two milk teas. 

“Here you fave milktea” He handed the milk tea to Haehyun
“Thanks oppa a lot not only for this milk tea but for this day. Sorry for tagging you along I know its your rest day” She thanked him and apologised.
“No problem Haehyun, and no worry I don’t mind you tag me along at least I get a chance to visit a new place thanks to you” Said Jongdae and smile

“How about let go outside to window shop” Jongdae suggested and Haehyun agree with him

They were walking around the street when they hear a busking performance. They stop and watch it. At Hongdae random people can do busking if you like to sing in the street. The performance is over and they are looking who is next to perform. Jongdae volunteered. 

Jongdae POV
 
We are watching a busking performanceright now. I think this is the right time to confess to her. I’m will to take the risk. The performance is endd and I volunteer to sing next. Haehyun is shock at first but smile to me to cheer me up. 

“Hello everyone. I dedicate this song to the girl that is special to me” I said and looked at Haehyun the people are clapping and ohhing on what I’ve said. 

They started strumming the guitar meaning the song started. I looked at Haehyun and sing.

End of POV

Haehyun POV

Jongdae oppa sat on the chair to sing. He introduce himself and tell he dedicate his song to the girl special to him. Why is he staring at me like that. I don’t know with this guy, what is he thinking. My heart beats really fast right now. I don’t want to assume that the song is dedicated to me but I will just listen to him singing. One that I like about Jongdae oppa is that he has a great voice. He can actually be an idol with the looks and the talent he have but he like to be low key so I support him whatever he likes. The song started and he began to sing

“gateun nara e tae eonaseo
gateun eoneoro mareul haeseo
cham haengun iya,
cham dahaeng iya
sesange dangyeonhan geon eobseo

gwaenchanheun oseul ibeotdeon nal
geureohge neoreul mannatdeon
geon Lucky
na chag hage saraseo geurae

neoui ireumeul bureugo
neoui soneul jabado doeneun na
buseo jineun haet sareun naman bichuna
na ireohge haengbog haedo dwae?
naui ireumeul bureugo
naui eokkaee gidae oneun neo
jeo haneurui haet sareun neoman bichuna
neo geureohge nunbushyeodo dwae?
So lucky, my love
So lucky to have you
So lucky to be your love, I am. Hmm” Jongdae oppa sing beautifully while still looking at me. Do Inhave a dirt on my face? Is he trolling again? 

But damn he’s handsome while singing and smiling. My poor heart why he is like that. 

End of POV

Jongdae’s performance ended and he got up from his seat. He went straight to Haehyun and grab her hand.

“Lets go” he said and they started walking off 
“Oppa” Said Haehyun and let go of Jongdae’s hand
Jongdae only looked at her
“Why are you like that” Haehyun said cant contain her feelings anymore
“Like what? Being like this with you?” He ask and Haehyun nod
“Can’t you see Haehyun I like you… No I love you. Are you still confuse with your feeling for me? I am willing to take the risk to be with you. I don’t care on what people might think and what will they say but I want to be with you I want to be us” Jongdae finalky confess.
“Oppa” that’s the only reply from Haehyun and looks like she will cry at any moment.
 Jongdae Hold her hand and look straight in her eyes.
“Haehyun ahh, give me a chance to love you and protect you. I will not promise you anything but I will do my best for me to deserve you”
“Nado oppa, I love you but I am afraid to risk and friendship but now I am willing” Haehyun finally said. It’s the answer that Jongdae has been waiting. 

Jongdae hugged her and Haehyun hugged him back. 

They broke the hug and smile at each other. Finally they said what it need to be said. The two still continue to walk In the street of Hongdae to finish their Sunday with more memories. 

 


The End.