Hope Not

Hope Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Um… This is weird, but can I borrow you for a second? It’ll be really quick.” Rosé asks, and Lisa fidgets in her seat. Dahyun watches the scene in mild amusement.

 

Borrow? You can take me anytime. Lisa snorts at her own thoughts. Maybe if she were as confident as Yeri, or as good looking as Tzuyu, she’d drop that kind of line. But she’s really not that kind of person. She’s just a dork who likes to dance.

 

“What?” Rosé looks stunned, for some strange reason. Lisa also realizes that Dahyun looks just as paralyzed as the cheerleader.

 

“What?” Lisa responds, clueless. The gears in her head turn slowly.

 

“I— I said that out loud, didn’t I?” Lisa knows her face is just about as red as a tomato right now.  Rosé is looking away, sporting cheeks with the same color as her name, and Dahyun suddenly clears .

 

“Is— Is- Is that a baguette!? I have to go!” Dahyun nearly yells as she stands, the chair creaking noisily as the baguette-sized girl runs away with a messy stack of paper in her arms.

 

“Dahyun, wait—!” Lisa yells fruitlessly, her arm extended to reach for a nonexistent Dahyun.

 

Lisa hopes she didn't hear her. But even she knows it’s a bit too late for that.

 

“Well um… For you I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that, if it makes you feel any better,” Rosé begins again, missing the faraway look on Rosé’s face. Lisa can only slam her head on the table, “Could you come with me?”

 

 

The pair walk in awkward silence, with Lisa stealing glances at Rosé every now and then, while the latter seems to be laser focused on her phone. Rosé did say that she wasn’t going to take long with whatever she needed to tell her, but Lisa isn’t so sure about that anymore. They’ve already gone through a staircase, an elevator, the field, and a few hallways… Lisa thinks. She just knows they’ve walked a lot, and she isn’t so sure if Rosé even knows where she’s taking them.

 

“Uh,” Lisa's uncooperative brain decides to muster loudly.

 

"Hey," Rosé manages to say at the same time, turning to face Lisa. They both suddenly stop talking for a moment. Lisa awkwardly gestures Rosé to go first.

 

"Were you…" Rosé bites her lip, and looks away from the dancer, "Were you serious about what you said… a-at the library?" 

 

Lisa swallows audibly, averting her face to the ground. Of all the days her brain decides to betray her, why'd it have to be today?!

 

"I,um," The Thai girl doesn't know whether she should answer her honestly, "Y-yes?"

 

"W-would you like to p-pop around tomorrow arvo for a— a cuppa?" Rosé suddenly speaks in fast, stuttering English, and as much as Lisa finds the cheerleader's accent attractive, her speedy speech leaves the dancer bewildered.

 

"A what now?" Lisa asks, "Sorry, could you repeat that—"

 

In the middle of Lisa's talking, Rosé's phone sounds out a loud, obnoxious ringtone that Lisa's sure is the chorus of Fancy that blares through the halls.

 

"Hey, mate!" Rosé continues to speak in her Austrailian accent, there's muffled shouting and static from the other side, and Lisa can't really grasp what they're talking about.

 

"Oh, defo!"

 

"Devo!!"

 

Lisa watches the cheerleader's expressions filt to joy and then worry all in the span of a few seconds, her prominent cheeks rising and falling all at once. The Thai girl thinks that she should ask Jennie if she has an open slot for her English tutoring classes with Jisoo.

 

 

Nevermind, Lisa shoots the thought down as quickly as it surfaces. If she can't stand Jennie and Jisoo being annoyingly sweet from afar, how's she going to live through a session with the both of them up close?

 

"S'arvo?! me dead, I thought you meant tomorra!" Rosé's accent tapers off by the last word as the Austrailian ends the call. Lisa doesn't notice this, instead, she's just shell shocked that someone as angelic as Rosé Park could curse like that.

 

In fact, Lisa realizes that she’s never really noticed Rosé before. Which is weird, because Rosé Park is one of those girls. She’s always known the cheerleader as one of the popular pretty girls who hang out with other popular and pretty girls, but that’s about it. She’s never noticed the smaller details, like the fact that the girl is Austrailian, if her accent is anything to go by, and besides her killer body, her full cheeks are absolutely adorable up close. It kind of makes Lisa want to know more about her.

 

Lisa’s thoughts are abruptly cut off when she’s suddenly pulled forward by the cheerleader, and slammed into a wall.

 

“Wha—”

 

“I need you to help me with something. You can’t tell anyone else, okay?” Rosé presses against Lisa, and whispers in her ear.

 

Lisa’s throat goes dry, and she can only manage a nod in response.

 

 

 

“BAGUETTE!” Dahyun yells, charging her way into some bakery outside the school grounds. She doesn’t even know how she managed to get here. Dahyun’s just sure that she definitely does not want to know what happens between Lisa and Rosé after the Thai girl's dumb slip up.

 

“Hello! Welcome to Park’s Bakeshop!” A girl with a smile brighter than the sun greets, “You want a baguette, I’m assuming?” Dahyun swears that the girl's eyes and teeth sparkle at the same time as she looks at her tiredly.

 

Dahyun slams her hands on the countertop, panting, “Two baguettes,” She says breathlessly. The patrons of the bakery are all staring oddly at the baguette-sized girl as if she were some sort of alien.

 

“Two?” The girl’s big eyes seem to grow even bigger as she tilts her head, “Ah, it’s for a friend. I’ll bag them separately for you,” She says kindly.

 

“No,” Dahyun replies, “It’s just for Dahyun!” She beams.

 

“I don’t think your small tummy can handle two baguettes, sweetie,” The girl says in a sweet motherly tone. Dahyun might’ve found it comforting if the bright girl wasn’t underestimating her power.

 

“Look here— Jihyo!” Dahyun struggles to read the small letters on the girl’s name tag, “I can eat two baguettes! I have the money for it too!” Dahyun stomps like a child, and Jihyo just can’t with the cute sight and coos.

 

Before Jihyo even realizes it, she’s patting Dahyun’s head and effectively calming the small girl down, “Okay, I’ll get you two baguettes,” Jihyo smiles and moves to get the bread. Jeongyeon, who’s been watching the scene from behind Jihyo, suddenly pipes up.

 

“Do you want a lollipop too? It’s free for kids,” Jeongyeon gestures towards the jar of lollipops adjacent to herself and smirks teasingly. Dahyun’s eye twitches, and the baguette-sized girl finally snaps.

 

“WHY YOU—!”

 

Dahyun swiftly jumps over the countertop and tackles the unfortunate soul to the ground.

 

“JIHYO! GET HER OFF OF ME!” Jeongyeon screams, and Dahyun is biting ferociously into her shoulder.

 

“I’M SORRY!”

 

 

 

"So what have we learned?" Sana tuts at a bruised Jeongyeon. 

 

It's a miracle that Sana and Tzuyu just so happened to be entering the bakeshop not long after the angry girl, Dahyun, tackled Jeongyeon to the ground. It’s even more of a miracle that Sana just so happens to be Dahyun’s best friend, Jeongyon thinks to herself. Once Sana manages to restrain the angry girl, Jihyo had kindly given Jeongyeon an ice pack and a lollipop (Just to spite her, Jeongyeon’s sure of it) before heading back to work.

 

"Don't hurt Dahyun's feelings…" Jeongyeon mumbles through her strawberry lolly, and Tzuyu struggles to stifle a giggle as she holds onto Dahyun's freshly baked baguettes.

 

"Good!" Sana praises as Dahyun curls into her side, "You should be lucky her girlfriend didn't see what you did, or you would've been dead by now. Momoring's very protective!"

 

"Wait, you mean Hirai Momo?!" Sana swears the injured girl's as pale as a sheet of paper. Tzuyu understands where Jeongyeon's coming from— she's seen Dahyun's girlfriend get into a fistfight over jokbal. Suffice to say, Momo and her jokbal came out unscathed. Everyone else, on the other hand...

 

Tzuyu shivers at the memory.

 

"Mhmm, she's mine,' Dahyun nods with certainty. Before Jeongyeon can even react, the doors to the bakery are slammed open.

 

Nayeon loudly enters the bakery, patting the top of Dahyun's head as she passes her, "Sorry about Dahyun's mess Jihyo-yah, I'll pay for the damages," Nayeon continues as she approaches the bright girl. Of course Nayeon knows Jihyo too, Tzuyu thinks as she watches their interaction.

 

"Oh, no need unnie," Jihyo says with a joyful smile, "It's coming out of Jeongyeon's paycheck. She taunted Dahyun in the first place," Jeongyeon audibly grumbles in her seat, and Nayeon moves to peck the former’s cheek.

 

"Alright then," Nayeon says happily, closing her purse and stuffing it back into her handbag. Jeongyeon’s jaw falls, and the strawberry lollipop teeters dangerously at the corner of . Dahyun thinks that she looks like an idiot, while Nayeon giggles at the sight before tuning to look at Dahyun, Tzuyu, and Sana.

 

"Kids, we need to go. Titanic is on its way."

 

 

 

Lisa finds herself in a dimly lit room, alone, with Rosé. The cheerleader excused herself earlier to get something, leaving the Thai girl to her own devices. Lisa shifts uncomfortably in her seat. Just where are they, anyway? Lisa wonders as she looks around the spacious apartment. It’s most likely Rosé’s place, the Thai girl assumes, but the fact that Rosé had to pick the lock to get in makes her feel just a little uneasy.

 

There’s definitely more to the girl than meets the eye, Lisa thinks as Rosé emerges from the depths of the apartment. She can’t help but feel like she remembers the gorgeous cheerleader from somewhere, but it’s at the tip of her tongue.

 

“So we’ll be using these today,” The cheerleader says casually, handing the silk material to Lisa who’s shocked out of her thoughts. The latter’s eyes widen comically when she realizes what it is.

 

“Um,” Lisa tries to voice out. Just what did she agree to doing?

 

“Do you think they’re too weak? We’re gonna tie them to a chair so I don’t think they’ll come off so easily… Right?” Rosé rambles, lost in her own thoughts. She’s completely unaware of the Thai girl frozen beside her.

 

“Maybe we should test it out?” Rosé says aloud and nods to herself, hiding her own nervousness. She guides a dazed Lisa to sit down on a different chair, and takes the silk wraps from Lisa’s grasp. The cheerleader still hasn’t realized the lack of context she’s given Lisa, busying herself with her phone.

 

“Okay, so it works like this… I think,” Rosé mumbles and begins tying Lisa to the chair, but the Thai girl can’t find it in herself to protest.

 

A weak gay. Lisa can hear Jisoo muttering in her head.

 

 

 

When Lisa comes back to her senses, she’s met with a satisfied Rosé smirking at her handiwork. The Thai girl blushes furiously at the position she’s allowed herself to be put in. Even though Rosé promised to forget that she ever heard what Lisa said, the Thai girl is more surprised to find out that the cheerleader’s taking the offer anyway. The thought of what's to come next brings an even deeper shade of red to her features.

 

Lisa’s not ready for this.

 

“Look Lisa!” She says gleefully, without a care in the world, “I did it! And it looks like you can’t get out either!” At Rosé’s words, Lisa tries to tug the silk wraps tied around her body. It doesn’t work.

 

“Yay!” Rosé looks as happy as a child despite the fact that she has Lisa tied to a chair in a dimly lit room. Totally not sketchy at all, the Thai girl tries to reassure herself.

 

“Um, Rosé?” Lisa finally gathers the courage to ask, “When I said you could take me anytime, I— I didn’t really mean, well, yes I did, sort of! But uh, aren’t we going too—”

 

“Oh!” Rosé looks like she’s finally realized something as she rushes towards Lisa, “I’m so sorry! I forgot to tell you that— woah!”

 

In Rosé’s haste, she falls into Lisa’s lap. The chair the Thai girl is sitting on teeters dangerously as the pair both struggle to find their balance.

 

“Rosé—” Lisa tries to speak, but fails yet again. 

 

Rosé’s hands go anywhere and everywhere to find purchase in anything that could keep them upright, unfurling some of the silk wraps and leaving Lisa in both a literal and gay panic. Suddenly the room's lights are , the fluorescent bulbs blinding them with its sudden brightness. In their shock they lose balance, and the chair unceremoniously falls to the ground along with them.

 

“AAH!”

 

“WOAH--!”

 

Lisa and Rosé groan in pain, the silk wraps and their limbs all tangled up.

 

“Oho, and what do we have here?” Sana stands by the open doorway, obnoxiously wiggling her eyebrows at the scene. The Japanese girl is holding both Tzuyu and Dahyun on both sides, covering their eyes, “But also public decency, you two! Not in front of the kids!” Sana chastises as she pulls Dahyun and Tzuyu closer to herself. 

 

“What’d I tell you? It’s the good girls that are ,” Joy smirks while Seulgi looks absolutely scandalized as she takes in the sight of Rosé on top of Lisa. Yeri moves forward to take a picture of the shell-shocked girls.

 

“It— It’s not what you think!” Rosé stutters in English, her Austrailian accent coming back in full force.The cheerleader tries to get up, but only manages to tangle herself even further into Lisa.

 

“It’s not?” Lisa echoes, dumbfounded.

 

“Not in my apartment, you two!” Nayeon enters the room last, slamming the door shut, “I told you to do something about your little crush, but not here!”

 

Upon hearing Nayeon’s words, Rosé hopes that Lisa’s still in a daze to process the loudmouth’s words.

 

“Y-you have a crush on... me?” Lisa’s eyes and mouth open wide, making her look like a monkey, and Rosé just wants to bury herself alive.

 

Nayeon rolls her eyes, “You’ve both been face for how long now?”

 

“I’ll bring the kids back in later,” Sana drags Tzuyu and Dahyun out the door with her. The Japanese girl quickly reenters the room, however, and decides to take a complaining Yeri and a traumatized Seulgi with her too.

 

“We didn’t!” Rosé insists. Lisa’s stunned silence isn’t helping her case in the slightest, “Just help us get up, please?” The cheerleader pleads.

 

Joy snorts, but moves to help them anyway as she pretends to be disgusted.

 

 

Once Rosé explains what happened to the both of them, Nayeon’s just about ready to roll her eyes out of her skull. But she decides to do that later as she explains why Rosé brought Lisa all the way here because apparently the Aussie forgot to mention that tiny, teensy detail before she tied the Thai girl up in a chair with silk wraps in her apartment. 

 

What else was the poor girl supposed to think? Nayeon muses as she shakes her head. Of course she would have a gay panic attack, but it’s really not the time for that right now. She might help them later, like the amazing person she is, but not right now.

 

Joy seems to share Nayeon’s thoughts on the matter, and with a brief glance at each other, Joy decides to help Lisa in the best way she can.

 

With a hard slap in the face.

 

“Woah!” Lisa’s voice returns to its normal loudness, “Yo, that was like a miracle slap! You should charge people for it!” She comments stupidly, shaking herself awake.

 

“Sure, that’ll be twenty thousand won,” Joy comments sarcastically and Lisa pouts.

 

“Can I pay with my cuteness?” Lisa says in a way that some (Rosé) may find cute. Nayeon and Joy just want to vomit.

 

“OKAY!” Rosé’s voice booms in English, “T-that’s enough, mate!” Rosé’s accent makes a comeback, surprising Lisa. Nayeon and Joy both smirk evilly at this, the cheerleader tries to ignore her annoying friends.

 

“Yous better explain the plan now, before we run out of time!” Rosé says, her accent thick. Nayeon waggles her eyebrows while Lisa’s completely clueless as to why the cheerleader’s been switching between languages and accents.

 

"Rosé goes all Aussie when she's nervous," Joy whispers in Lisa's ear. The Thai girl isn't so sure why that piece of information makes her blush madly.

 

“Okay so, Jisoo’s a useless lesbian,” Nayeon says simply, and Lisa lights up like it’s Christmas. Rosé clears awkwardly, and forces herself to look away. Joy doesn’t miss this, and decides to obnoxiously nudge her.

 

“Stop it!” Rosé hisses, but that doesn’t stop Joy at all.

 

“And we’re gonna help her get the girl!” Lisa practically squeals, not noticing the pair as the Thai girl focuses all her attention on Nayeon, “I’m in. Jisoo’s too useless on her own!”

 

“Jennie isn’t any better, honestly,” Joy stops poking Rosé and shrugs, crossing her arms, “But the plan so far is to distract Jisoo first with Sana and Tzuyu. Yeri and Dahyun will follow up after that. Then, Seulgi, Nayeon, and I will lure Jennie. Once we get Jisoo, we’ll tie her up to that chair and—” Joy gestures vaguely to the chair and Lisa’s eyes widen in realization.

 

“Wait so, that’s for J-Jisoo?” Lisa points at the fallen chair and discarded wraps.

 

“Yup," Nayeon says with an evil grin. The Thai girl turns to face the blundering Aussie.

 

“A-and you tied me up because?” Lisa stutters.
 

“I, um, needed to, uh, practice?” Rosé mumbles. Joy wants to snort at their uselessness.

 

“Hmm, practice… When all you need to do is to tie a few knots?" Nayeon raises a brow.

 

"I— um, I—" Rosé's as red as her namesake. Joy and Nayeon are having too much fun watching Rosé squirm. Lisa’s quick to defend the flustered Aussie.

 

"Can we just drop it?" Lisa says with a sudden burst of confidence, taking Rosé's hand in her own as if it were second nature, "We're supposed to be talking about Jensoo, yeah?" If Nayeon didn't know any better, the Thai girl looks just about ready to sock her in the face.

 

"Alright, alright, you win," Nayeon dismisses Lisa's sudden protectiveness. Lisa herself doesn’t know where all of that just came from, "You two will stay back here to help set the mood, and tie Jisoo up when she arrives. When Jennie's trapped in the room with her, we all make our escape," Nayeon explains her grand plan.

 

"So you think leaving them alone in a room alone together will just magically solve everything?" Lisa asks, squinting at both Nayeon and Joy.

 

"Yes," Nayeon says confidently, "Because we have blackmail on Jennie if she doesn't say anything, so it's either Jisoo spills or she's tied to a chair for a week, or Jennie confesses before this little video gets out," Nayeon smirks.

 

"What dirt do you have on Jennie that'll make her agree to your terms?" Rosé pipes up, back to speaking Korean. Lisa's honestly relieved to know that she seems comfortable again.

 

"Chopping. Onions," Is all that Joy says, but it sends Rosé into a laughing fit. Lisa only realizes that she’s been holding Rosé’s hand this whole time when the cheerleader almost falls to the ground, shaking as she laughs.

 

"Where on bloody earth did you find it?! I thought Jennie deleted it!" Rosé's accent comes back as she wheezes, relying heavily on Lisa to keep herself upright.

 

"Haven't you forgotten? Jennie's mom loves me!" Joy says with a flourish, "So I asked for a copy!"

 

Lisa's absolutely lost, "What's so bad about chopping onions?"

 

"It was from when Jennie was a cute little kid, and it ruins her whole badass, girl crush aesthetic that she's going for," Nayeon explains and Joy snorts.

 

"Our Jennie’s really just a dork too," Joy smiles. Lisa notices that it’s the same sort of smile Seulgi has on her face when she watches the kids, "Sometimes she's even worse than your Jisoo."

 

"But don’t tell her I told you that... We should get moving,” Joy says and looks to Nayeon.

 

"Rosé, call the kids back in and let's go!” Nayeon says energetically, and Lisa feels just as pumped.

 

 

 

“Jisoo unnie always falls for my pout,” Tzuyu says confidently as she sits on the bed, texting Jisoo. The Taiwanese is pretty sure that she’ll be able to pull off Sana’s idea, but she’s mostly worried about what'll happen after that. She’s not so sure if putting Dahyun and Yeri together is a good idea either.

 

“I always fall for you too,” Sana says flirtatiously, and flutters her lashes. The Japanese decides to settle herself on Tzuyu’s lap. But before Tzuyu can even retaliate, a knock resounds and the younger quickly ushers Sana to hide in the bathroom.

 

“Do you have your earpiece?” Tzuyu asks.

 

“Yup!” Sana grins, “Your mic?” The Japanese girl asks.

 

“Here,” Tzuyu points at the small microphone hidden in the collar of her shirt.

 

“Good luck babe,” Sana wishes her soon to be girlfriend luck, pecking her cheek before pushing the tall freshman towards the door.

 

Tzuyu almost forgets what she’s doing until she finds an apologetic Jisoo at her doorstep.

 

“Tzuyu, hey!” Jisoo says happily, clueless of what’s to come.

 

Tzuyu schools her face into her signature pout as she moves to sit on the bed. Jisoo lets herself in, and closes the door behind her.

 

“...Unnie doesn’t love me anymore,” The Taiwanese begins, “You didn’t even reply…” Sana, listening in from the bathroom, is silently impressed at her acting skills.

 

“Tzuyu-ah, unnie loves you,” Jisoo says softly, and plops herself beside the Taiwanese on the bed. 

 

Tzuyu crosses her arms and huffs.

 

“Tzuyu-ah, I have sugar cookies just for you…”

 

“Phase one has begun,” Sana whispers into her own microphone, receiving messages of affirmation.

 

 

 

“Do you really think this’ll work?” Seulgi asks, bouncing on her heels as she looks at Joy who smiles confidently at her.

 

“Of course it will, babe,” Joy reassures her girlfriend, “As long as we block the right areas, she’ll fall into our trap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter