Insatiable Thirst

Insatiable Thirst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Clop. Clop. Clop.

In a dimly lit mansion, an elegantly dressed beautiful young man with pulled-back black hair walked confidently in the hallway. The rhythmic sound of his every step echoed throughout the huge empty hall. He was neat from head to toe, complete with matching white gloves on both of his hands. A napkin cloth was hanging on his arm while he was carrying a covered silver platter ⁠— a meal for his lord. He stopped right at the front of a huge door, took a deep breath, and slowly opened it with his free hand. 

His lord ⁠— Duke Seungyoon from the family of Kang, the owner of this huge mansion ⁠— was sitting behind a desk wearing round thin-framed glasses and reading piles of papers when he entered. The duke had slender, tall stature and a messy silver hair matching his luminous silver eyes.

The duke noticed his presence and smiled at him. He gave a polite bow in reply then he noticed a thin ray of light passing through the small gap between the thick curtains behind his lord's. The light landed directly on one side of Duke Seungyoon's face as his lord looked up to greet him. It highlighted the duke's plump rosy lips and his enchanting pale skin that seemed to glitter under the bright light. It was a rare sight to behold as the room was always lacking color because his lord was not so fond of sunlight.

Even though he'd love to appreciate the view a bit longer, the young man immediately put down the silver platter he was holding and closed the gap from the curtains. Duke Seungyoon followed him with his eyes, seemingly amused by his attention to small details. A slight proud smile was reflected from his lord's face as he uttered a soft, "Thank you."

"My lord, may I entertain you with the meal that I've raised carefully at the farmland. I'm positive it will suit your taste,"  he said as he stretched out both his hands to direct his lord's attention to the silver platter that he put down at the receiving table.

"Okay, Jinu. Thank you"  his lord replied. 

The young man flinched at the sound of his name. He was still not used to hearing his name being uttered.  It was a name given by his lord since humans were not usually given one. They were called in serial numbers, he was 910926. But his lord was so gracious and gave him a new name. It had been four years since being in this mansion and his lord calling his name always made his heart flutter.  He smiled back at his lord — revealing the deep dimples on his face.

The duke's mouth slightly opened when he saw Jinu's smile. Duke Seungyoon was silent for a moment before he removed his glasses and left the pile of papers on his desk.  His lord was a workaholic and he would often bring his meal whenever he was busy with the states' affairs.

 A white live chicken constrained on both beak and feet was served. Jinu stood near the side of the receiving table to attend to the duke's needs. When he saw him lifting the meal, he instinctively turned his back. It was a rule in this mansion to not look when the duke is eating. As he turned, he caught a glimmer of Duke Seungyoon's silver eyes turning into a deep red — the color of blood. 

Jinu listened to the faint sound of Seungyoon's gulps being engulfed by the loud flapping of the bird —  its last struggle to survive —  until it faded into silence. He stood calm and composed in his place. 

The silence was broken by Duke Seungyoon's remark, "I'm done."

It was Jinu's cue to turn around. His lord was now wiping his lips with a napkin and his eyes were back to luminous silver. He bowed as he said, "I hope you enjoyed your meal, my lord." 

However, the chicken was not the main course that Jinu prepared for his lord. He slowly undid the buttons of his white dress shirt, stopping at the third and pulling it down to reveal his smooth porcelain skin."My lord, care to try the main course?" he added. 

Jinu saw Duke Seungyoon smirked or maybe it was a small laugh. He wasn't sure if it was amusement or mocking. Although he'd be really grateful if it was the former.

He looked away — unable to hold his lord's stare. But he was unaware that he just made the side of his neck fully bare in Duke Seungyoon's view. His lord stood up and slowly walked towards him. He could feel his temperature rising as his personal space was being invaded. Soon enough and he was already pushed against a wall. He could feel his lord's cold breath against his skin. His eyes squeezed shut tightly, preparing himself for the sharp fangs to pierce. His heart jumped when he felt a soft, moist, almost cushion-like thing against his neck instead. It registered late that it was his lord's lips in direct contact with his skin. Jinu's heart raced. He swallowed his saliva before having the courage to ask, "Uhmmm...My Lord?"

His voice trembled but he was so sure it was not from fear.

Duke Seungyoon raised his head then held Jinu's chin and turned his head to face him. Their faces were so close that Jinu unknowingly held his breath. In his low rough voice, his lord said, "You're getting bolder every day, huh. I wonder what you'd do next time."

Jinu couldn't avert his eyes anymore as Seungyoon had a firm hold on him. He finally gave up and lets his thoughts be swallowed by those silver eyes. They held each other's stares for a while before Seungyoon looked down and remarked,  "I hated that eyes of yours."

The hand that was holding Jinu's chin slowly traced Jinu's beauty marks — from his neck and running down to his bare chest — before he was completely let go. Jinu felt like electricity crawled on the path that his lord's fingers touched. The sensation lingered in his skin and making him hot even when the hand that touched him was cold as ice. It was a sensation that he'd love to feel again but Seungyoon already turned his back on him and walked towards the desk.

As if nothing happened, Seungyoon ordered, "Bring the state's book of accounts. I'll review it." 

"Right away, my lord," Jinu answered in his neutral voice — trying so hard to hide his embarrassment although his ears now colored rosy pink betrayed him. He tidied himself up, picked up the silver platter and exited the room.

Duke Seungyoon left alone in the room gave a small chuckle and uttered to himself, "You're still as clumsy and entertaining as ever."

~~~~~

Sigh.

"What's with the heavy sigh? All your year's worth of fortune will leave you," a cheery low voice from a tall tanned man commented. It was Mino, the mansion's gardener. Mino was tending the roses at the backyard when he saw Jinu exiting the back door with a heavy sigh.

"I failed yet again," he replied — still low in energy.

Mino laughed and teasingly said, "How many times has it been? 990? 1000? I'm amazed by your shamelessness."

"998. Yeah yeah, I'm shameless." he gave a snarky reply this time. He's got no time for Mino's jokes.

"Seriously though, you've been trying all ways to make the duke eat you. I don't get you. Why do you want him to bite you so much? Isn't not drinking human blood makes him better than other vampires who only see humans as food? " Mino asked — genuinely curious.

"In case you don't remember, I was born to be food for vampires," Jinu answered.

Mino's brows furrowed, "Yeah, and so? Now you are not. Our lord already bought you. At a high price at that." 

Jinu pouted — deep in thought.

Mino, trying to understand Jinu's way of thinking uttered, "Ahhhh...was it guilt? Guilt to not be able to fulfill what you are brought for?  Maybe you're still not used to the ways of this mansion, you'll get used to it in time. This is the best place to ever be than with those disgusting vampires. Here, we are treated better than animals. Although, everyone in this mansion was surprised that our lord bought you. We thought he'd finally succumb to vampires' nature and drink human blood." Mino said then added,  "but alas! he remained true to his principles even with you seducing him every chance you get."

Guilt? Disgusting? he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter