The Performance

A New Beginning
Sung Woon's POV "Sung Woon ah... one of you back-up singer is feeling unwell, do you think you can look for a stand by if she doesn't feel better by the time of your performance?" my manager said. I texted the padding squad and asked if they have any recommendations. Although we are in the same building, Jong In decided to call me instead of just texting me back or finding me in my room. "Yes?" "Maybe I could ask JiHyun" "Who?" "The person I just introduced you to like a few moments ago... She can sing pretty well although she's an actor" "You sure? You sure she isn't busy? My stage is in like an hour..." "I could try asking" "Okay... thanks hyung, I'll find you outside your room in like 10 minutes" Jihyun's POV "Jihyun ah" Kai suddenly called me while I was chatting with Kyung Soo. "Yes?" I looked at him smiling. "My friend needs an extra back-up singer for his performance... I was wondering if you are free to help out?" he said scratching his neck. "Err... I mean I have like an hour or two to spare, but I don't think I'm interested to sing... you know I'm an actor" "Ehhh... you just said you miss singing like when we were younger... but now you are running away from an opportunity?" Kyung Soo said suddenly earning a glare from me. "You know it's quite a distance from here to my shooting location... so I don't think it's a good idea for me to perform anyways" "Don't lie it's like 30 minutes away from here" this time receiving a kick in the shin, since when do you talk so much, I thought to myself. "I don't think I'm familiar with my script... I think I should practice it for a while... you know" I said looking seriously into Kai's eyes, trying my best to convince him. "Stop making excuses Jihyun ah... I know you will enjoy this... just go for it what is the worst that could happen?" "Me messing up his performance?" I said. "You won't, come on have some faith in yourself" Kai finally said something after standing still for sometime. After a being convinced, I head out of the room with Kai. Sung Woon was already standing there. I had a little chat with Sung Woon on the way to his room, he was telling me about how this is a special performance and the emotions of the song. We reached his room and he started teaching me when are the parts to sing and made sure that I blended in well with the vocals. I was glad that I participated, in the end, I think I did quite alright. During the performance, I could see how worried Sung Woon was of me, he kept looking back and checking on us. But at the end of the performance, he finally let himself loose and let his emotions take control of the song. "Jihyun, can I have your number? I want to take you out for dinner one day to thank you for helping me on this performance" The two of you ended up exchanging number and you had to rush off for you shoot.