One.

PROJECT OMG: Save Me, Save You

When the clouds cover the sun for the fifth time that day, Hyojung knows it's time to move to a different city. She's not one for cloudy days, never has been, especially not when that one particular cloud seems to be following her... 

Nah, she's thinking too much, isn't she? Hyojung shakes her head and turns her gaze to the sidewalk in front of her. The most pressing thing on her mind is to get home, and then she can worry about anything else.

Dogs bark behind her, and Hyojung takes off, legs pumping as she tries not to let the fear overtake her. It's not every day one gets chased by mysterious men in black suits, but Hyojung just wants it to be any other normal day. Instead, she's running for her life down a shady alley behind her school. What the actual ?

It started when she left her house in the morning. The men had been on the opposite side of the street, driving a totally-inconspicuous white van, sunglasses perched on their faces. Hyojung thought it was just her drug-dealer neighbors ing up again, so she'd paid the men no attention and continued to school. Then, during lunchtime, she sat outside and, while eating her cold rice, saw the men peeking out from behind the trash bins at the edge of the soccer field.

That should have been obvious enough, but Hyojung refused to believe that any creepy men could be targeting her specifically, so she'd let it slide again. It wasn't until she was already walking home - very much alone - that the feeling of paranoia had finally settled in. She'd pulled out a hand mirror and observed the Men In Black tailing her all the way home.

And now she's here, huffing and puffing as the Men and Dogs chase her. It's not fun, but she doesn't want to die. Hyojung's backpack bumps against her back, slowing her down. Blood pounds in her ears, and the dogs sound closer. Hyojung screams - why hadn't she done that before? - and casts off her backpack, putting on a desperate burst of speed.

She reaches the school and, thankful to find that they haven't locked the doors, ducks into the main lobby. It's only a matter of time before the men catch up, so she needs to find a hiding spot, fast. Preferably one where she can escape from easily too.

Hyojung's mind whirls, and she quickly steps into the music hallway. It's an old hallway that hasn't been renovated in well over twenty years, and she knows its crevices like that back of her hand. There's one in the strings room, a small nook that can be blocked with a cello or a bass, big enough just to hide a single person or two, as long as they're both small.

She blocks the door with a chair too, just for good measure, and settles down into the nook. Her heart is still pounding, but she's almost sure the men won't find her. That's when it hits her, the reason why they have dogs.

"Oh my god," she whispers to herself. "They can smell me."

Hyojung could murder herself. Better to die by her own hands than those of some creepy stalkers, right? But then, a sudden tap on her shoulder makes her nearly scream out loud. She turns to see a girl's face beside her own, peeking out of a hidden tunnel that she'd somehow never noticed.

"They're after you too?" the girl asks, eyebrows creased in worry. "The men, they followed you all day?"

Something in the girl's eyes tells Hyojung that she can trust her, so she nods. "Why? You too?"

The girl nods. Suddenly, the door rattles, and Hyojung jumps, almost screaming again. The girl bites her lip, as if debating something with herself. Then, she tugs on Hyojung's arm. "Come with me. Hurry."

The door still rattles. The chair can't hold up any longer. She has no choice. Hyojung crawls after the girl, who moves backwards to let her into the tunnel. Throwing Hyojung a flashlight, the girl places a wooden panel over the hole, and they're plunged into darkness. Hyojung turns on the flashlight, and it casts ominous shadows over them.

The girl beckons for her to follow, and Hyojung finds herself crawling on her hands and knees behind the mysterious girl. A million questions build up in her chest, but Hyojung holds them back until they emerge into a larger space, and the girl stands up, holding out a hand to help Hyojung as well.

"I think they'll have left by now," she says, taking the flashlight back. She looks Hyojung up and down, taking in her messy hair and dusty clothes. "You look like you've been through some stuff."

Hyojung bites back a retort and instead asks, "Who are you? Where are we? Why were those men after me?"

The girl hums, sitting down on the smooth concrete floor. "This is a steam tunnel. The school's old, we used to get heat this way."

"I know how steam tunnels work," Hyojung interrupts. "Who are you, and why are you helping me?"

 

Who is the girl? Comment below:

1. Mimi

2. Yooa

3. Seunghee

4. Jiho

5. Binnie

6. Arin