thees ees a deesaster

we can be your home

It was already well-established, in her mind as well as in those who knew her, that Momo wasn’t great with the whole “reading other people’s emotions” thing. Therefore, it wasn’t that surprising that she had absolutely no idea what was going on with Mina. What was a little more surprising, however, was the fact that even Sana— someone normally so observant and thoughtful— had no clue, either.

After Mina had abruptly left the dinner table on the night they made things official, the two Hufflepuffs were pretty lost on what was happening. Mina had approached them— repeatedly— in order to convince them to work out their issues. In fact, they probably owed their salvaged relationship to Mina entirely— without her, they likely would have just continued being foolishly stubborn and miserable.

Despite this, Mina had been unmistakably upset about something— that much was obvious. They didn’t even have any opportunities to try and pry what was wrong out of her, since Mina seemed dead set on avoiding them whenever possible. Weeks and weeks ago, when Mina had been busy with schoolwork, at least Momo and Sana knew that she was telling the truth. Now, whenever they managed to grab a hold of her and she found some excuse to slip away, it was clear that that was exactly what it was: an excuse.

Obviously, it was disheartening, to say the least. Maybe it was naive of her, but once she and Sana had resolved their issues… Well, Momo thought that things would just fall into place. Not just between her and Sana, but with their “missing piece”, as well. It was kind of hard to resolve that part, though, when said “missing piece” would barely even look at them anymore… It hurt almost as much as it had when Sana was ignoring her, but at least this time Sana was there to commiserate with.

Momo wanted to continue with the original plan, to try and approach Mina and lay everything out to her. Usually that method terrified her— and, okay, maybe it still did— but she’d learned that that approach had its own merits. When Momo promised that she would try to be better at voicing her feelings, that promise wasn’t just to Sana.

Regardless, Sana was the one who thought that the original plan was now a bad idea. She didn’t want to overwhelm Mina— though she didn’t know what exactly was going on, she thought it best to maybe give the Ravenclaw space for a bit. Perhaps they all needed time to re-evaluate things. Momo agreed, because she trusted Sana and because she didn’t want to overwhelm Mina, either. That didn’t mean it didn’t kill her to act like she was okay with practically pretending that Mina didn’t exist, though.

Momo at least found a suitable distraction in practicing hard for her next Quidditch match. Their first two matches of the season against Gryffindor and Slytherin had resulted in fairly easy wins— much to Jeongyeon and Nayeon’s displeasure, of course. Momo didn’t think the Hufflepuffs had much to worry about in the Ravenclaw team, since the latter had lost both of their first two matches, but it never hurt to be well prepared. Quidditch had always been a good outlet for her whenever she was frustrated or upset— anything to keep her mind elsewhere.

Lisa and Seulgi helped, too. They’d already apologized repeatedly for being s over the whole Sana/Mina thing, acknowledging it was none of their business and as long as Momo was happy (and showing up for practices and games) then they were happy, too. Momo was a little too embarrassed (shy, maybe) to talk to them much about what she was feeling. Even without saying anything, though, they sensed she was in dire need of a distraction, so they pushed her a little harder at practices.

Another thing that Sana had admitted to Momo in the days following their reconciliation was that she thought it was a little weird that Momo had never wanted to hang out with her Quidditch friends with Sana around. The truth of it, which Momo reluctantly confessed, was that she was scared that Sana would think they were lame or something. Not Lisa and Seulgi in particular, but Momo, too— when she was with her Quidditch friends, a different side of her came out. The side of her that was head over heels in love with the sport, that got way too into it sometimes, that could talk for hours about techniques and broom types and Holyhead Harpies stats. It wasn’t like Momo never talked to Sana about Quidditch, it wasn’t even that Sana was unsupportive of her passion— it was silly, really, but Momo was scared Sana would think she was just a dumb jock or something if she hung out with Momo and her Quidditch friends.

Of course, as soon as she confessed this, Sana’s eyes had gone wide and she’d thrown her arms around Momo’s neck. Covering her face with kisses, Sana insisted that she would never think of Momo negatively like that just because of her interests. She loved Momo for who she was, and Quidditch was a large part of that.

So, despite still being a little nervous about the whole thing, Momo made plans for them all to hang out. It kind of ended up being a group date— Seulgi had finally managed to buck up the courage to ask Yerim out, and though Lisa hadn’t managed to get a date with Jennie Kim, she did get one with a cute fellow Hufflepuff named Rosie. Anyway, it ended up being pretty fun, but the only thing Momo could think about the entire night was how much she wished Mina had been there as well. She could tell by the way Sana had squeezed her knee the whole night that she felt the same way, too.

——

Momo was antsy, shifting from foot to foot in her Quidditch robes as she waited for the game to start. To be fair, she always felt antsy before games, but there was something about this one in particular that made her extra jittery. Maybe it was just because her frame of mind the last couple of days hadn’t been the greatest.

Before she’d entered the locker room, she met Sana who had been waiting for her outside. Her girlfriend pulled Momo into a sweet kiss (both of them ignoring the stunned looks of Momo’s teammates who didn’t know they were dating) and wished her luck, sending her off with a smile. The good luck kisses were a definite upside to being officially dating now.

Madam Hooch announced the two teams, and Momo and her fellow Hufflepuffs took flight on their brooms. They glided into the arena in their usual V-shaped formation, with Seulgi at the lead since she was their captain.

As they waited for the game to officially begin, Momo’s eyes couldn’t help but search the stands. There was Sana, on the Hufflepuff side— holding onto Tzuyu’s arm, the both of them waving in her direction. She smiled and waved back, relieved to see familiar faces.

Slowly, she glanced through the other stands, searching for a different familiar face. Mina had gone to both of Momo’s games so far like she’d promised, so Momo still held onto a desperate hope that she was somewhere hidden in the crowd.

Finally, Momo found her— sitting between two Ravenclaws she vaguely recognized as friends of Dahyun’s girlfriend. Part of the “goth kids” as Chaeyoung described them, though Momo didn’t really understand why. Mina was laughing, bundled up in a blue Ravenclaw scarf, and holding hands with the silver-haired girl next to her.

There was a twinge in Momo’s chest— a little jealousy, and something more akin to hurt. At least she’s here, Momo reasoned. Even if she was with her new friends, and was probably rooting for her own House.

Momo looked away and shook her head as Madam Hooch blew her whistle, signalling the start of the game. Focus, Hirai.

Unfortunately, focusing on the game was easier said than done. Quidditch, like all sports really, was a game of instinct as much as skill. It was fast-paced and always changing— plus, if you got too distracted, you risked falling off your broom and splattering onto the ground below. Not exactly a pleasant thought.

The match was the only thing on her mind as she handled the Quaffle, catching it and passing it as needed. She even managed to score a few points for her team, but it was clear that she wasn’t on her best game. Every throw was slightly off, every point she scored was the result of the Quaffle bouncing off the rim of the hoops, and in one instance she even dropped the Quaffle when it was thrown to her and she wasn’t totally paying attention.

Still, the Hufflepuffs managed to maintain their edge. The Ravenclaws, despite their formidable leader in Bae Joohyun, was overall a pretty lousy team. Momo’s team outclassed them in every way, so she didn’t let herself get too worried about the possible outcome of the game. She was too frustrated with her horrible performance to be worrying about that.

In the span of about a minute, the tide of the game turned completely.

Momo had managed to recover the Quaffle after Seulgi had scattered the Ravenclaw Chasers with a well-timed Bludger. Catching it against her chest, she zoomed toward the hoops, determined to make a nice, clean score. However, the Ravenclaw forces had managed to regather just in time to defend the hoops, blocking her way.

A shout from off to her left pulled her attention to her fellow Hufflepuff Chaser, Youngjae. His hands were lifted, asking to be tossed the Quaffle— the Ravenclaw Chasers were too focused on Momo, so he had a clear shot.

Momo hesitated, judging whether or not it was worth the risk while Youngjae waved his arms desperately. Coming to a decision, she drew back her arm, throwing the Quaffle as hard as she could to get it to Youngjae. At the last moment, she saw his eyes dart to the right and then widen, his mouth forming the word No! As soon as the Quaffle left her fingertips, Momo understood why.

She couldn’t have had worse timing. A yellow blur passed right in front of Youngjae: Lisa, in hot pursuit of the Snitch, with the Ravenclaw Seeker right on her tail. Momo should have seen them coming, should have been more aware of her surroundings like she’d practiced time and time again, but her mind must’ve been too scattered.

The Quaffle collided with Lisa’s shoulder. It wasn’t heavy enough to knock her off her broom, thank Merlin, but it was sufficient to stun her. Her flying stuttered, just for a moment, but a moment was all the Ravenclaw Seeker needed to speed past her.

Before Lisa could recover, the Ravenclaw was stretching out her hand, snagging the Snitch right out of the air.

Momo’s stomach dropped. The game was over. Ravenclaw had won, the Hufflepuffs’ winning streak was dead, and it was all her fault.

——

As soon as the Hufflepuff team retreated to the locker room in defeat, all hell broke loose.

“What the hell was that, Hirai!” Youngjae shouted at her.

Momo knew he wasn’t the type to yell— none of them were, really— but she could feel the tension and frustration permeating the entire room.

“I’ll tell you what it was,” their Keeper Jongin scoffed, folding his arms over his chest. “She choked!”

Seulgi put a hand on his shoulder to get him to calm down, but Momo could tell she was pissed, too. She was just too nice to speak her mind like the others. “Every single one of your passes tonight was sloppy,” she pointed out, as if Momo didn’t already know that. “That last pass could have taken Manoban clean off her broom!”

The Hufflepuff Seeker, sitting off to the side, groaned at the mention of her name. She buried her face in her hands, wailing, “I can’t believe we lost against Ravenclaw!”

There was an iciness that washed over Momo, and for a moment she felt like she was going to pass out. All of her teammates’ faces were looking at her expectantly, like they were waiting for an explanation as to how she, one of the so-called “Unbeatable Three”, had single-handedly bombed this game for them.

(“Unbeatable Three”... what a joke.)

Lost for words, a mumbled “I’m sorry” was all Momo could get out. She tossed her stupid, pathetic old broom onto one of the benches, disgusted with it and with herself. Unable to say anything else, she fled the room, shouldering past Seulgi at the door and then past Sana who was waiting for her outside.

“Wait, Momo!”

She didn’t even look at Sana, even as the girl caught up with her, grabbing her sleeve to get her to stop. Momo just shrugged her off and kept walking, hoping that her girlfriend would get the message. She was angry with herself right now, and the last thing she wanted to do was lash out at Sana.

Of course, Sana was too persistent to just let her go. She kept following Momo, not afraid to bring out the big guns right away. “You promised that you would talk to me about things!” the younger Hufflepuff shouted after her. That was enough to make Momo hesitate. Sensing that she was getting through to her, Sana continued, her voice softer now, “So talk to me, Momoring. Please.”

Momo eventually turned around, looking down and her fists clenched at her sides. “I messed up, Sana,” she said simply. “I let everyone down tonight. We lost, and it’s all my fault. Everyone knows it.”

“That’s not true,” Sana insisted, coming closer. Momo took a step back before Sana could touch her again. “You aren’t perfect, of course you’ll make mistakes, but that doesn’t mean it’s all your fault. Besides, the team’s lost before and you’ve bounced back, one loss doesn’t-”

“You don’t get it!” Momo snapped, interrupting her. She took an unsteady breath, calming herself down— she couldn’t take this out on Sana. “You don’t get it. All the professors, most of the other kids in our classes, they think that I’m, that I’m stupid because I’m not good at spells or potions or whatever we’re learning. I’m not good at talking, or telling people how I feel, and I’m definitely not good enough for you or for, or for Mina.” Her voice wavered, and she paused, forcing back tears as she tried to get to her point. “Quidditch, it’s the only thing I’m good at. The only thing. And if I’m not good at Quidditch, then- then- then I’m nothing.” She finally looked up at Sana, needing her to understand this. Her voice harsh again, she repeated, “I’m nothing.”

Sana was crying now, frantically shaking her head. “No, Momo, that’s not true, that’s not true at all-“

Momo wasn’t listening. “Please, just give me some space,” she mumbled, walking away.

———

Despite the whole “avoiding Sana and Momo” thing, Mina couldn’t bring herself to not attend Momo’s match against Ravenclaw. She’d made a promise, after all. Knowing she couldn’t exactly sit with Sana in the Hufflepuff stands like she normally did, she managed to convince Yoohyeon and Handong to go with her. They didn’t really care about Quidditch, but they agreed to come and root for Hufflepuff, a knowing glint in their eyes that Mina wasn’t sure she liked.

Mina had this gnawing feeling of dread in her stomach throughout the match. Having seen Momo play before, she could tell the older Hufflepuff wasn’t as focused as she usually was— in fact, she was kind of a mess. She kept making little mistakes, and Mina knew too well that little mistakes usually led to much bigger ones. The kind of mistakes that caused them to lose the game.

She wished she was wrong, but halfway through the match, it happened. Mina watched in cold horror as the sequence of events unfolded, resulting in the Ravenclaw Seeker seizing the Snitch. Her eyes sought out Momo, who was just sitting on her broom, frozen, as Madam Hooch blew her whistle and declared the Ravenclaws the winner.

Mina’s heart broke a little. Every instinct in her urged her to go talk to her, try to comfort her, make sure she was okay. The fact of the matter, though, was that it wasn’t any of her business anymore. After avoiding Sana and Momo for so long, it seemed fake of her to try and act like her friend now. Mina had already burned that bridge. She just hoped that Sana would be able to make Momo feel better.

——

It was a lazy Saturday afternoon, and Mina was lounging in the Ravenclaw common room. There was plenty of homework that she could have been working on, but instead she found herself procrastinating, flipping through a novel that Yubin had recommended to her. She tried to focus on the words on the page, but it was like they barely registered in her brain no matter how many times she read and reread them.

Her gaze was torn from the pages when she heard a boy’s voice call out sternly, “Hey, you can’t be in here!” Much to her surprise, when she lifted her head, she was met by someone she certainly never expected to see in the Ravenclaw common room: one Minatozaki Sana. (Then again, she shouldn’t have been surprised that Sana of all people would be able to answer the riddle necessary to get in.)

Sana’s eyes were red and glassy— she looked like she’d been crying for hours, maybe longer than that. While Mina had seen Sana near tears before, there was something particularly upsetting about this time. The Hufflepuff was rubbing her hands together, probably in an attempt to hide the fact that they were shaking.

Without thinking, Mina placed her book aside and got up, folding Sana’s hands into her own. “What’s wrong?” she murmured. For once, Sana was the one avoiding eye contact. “Did something happen?”

Sana leaned forward for just a moment, and then back— not quite recoiling from Mina, but keeping space between them. Mina knew she had no right to feel hurt, considering it was her own fault that Sana didn’t feel totally comfortable around her anymore.

“I-It’s Momo.” Just speaking her girlfriend’s name made Sana’s face crumple, fresh tears tracking down her cheeks. Her voice was little more than a sob as she continued, “I saw you at the game so, so I know you saw what happened, Momo’s just a wreck and she refuses to talk to me about it, she’s barely eating and I can tell she’s barely sleeping too, she won’t listen to me and I just, I don’t know what I’m supposed to do anymore.”

Needing to comfort Sana, Mina did what she knew Sana would do if their places were switched. She untangled their hands in order to wrap her arms around the girl, bringing her in close. It felt weird at first, and Mina was intensely aware of the fact that she barely knew what she was doing, but she relaxed once Sana melted into her embrace.

Sighing into her hair, Sana stayed there for a few moments before pulling back slightly. She wiped away her tears with a hand, looking embarrassed. “I don’t… I don’t know if you even want anything to do with Momo and I anymore. And if you don’t, I… I’ll respect that.” She stared pleadingly into Mina’s eyes. “But Momo won’t talk to anyone, not to me, not to her teammates, not to Nayeon or the other girls, no one. And I guess I just thought… I mean, she’s so fond of you, I thought maybe, maybe she’d open up to you.”

It was like Mina’s chest was being crushed. She couldn’t believe her own selfishness— well, she could believe it, but it still disgusted her. The thought of Momo, not talking or eating or sleeping— it evoked a strong image in her mind, one of a past she’d wanted so badly to leave behind. Coward or not, Mina knew that she needed to set her own feelings aside for this one.

“I don’t know if she’ll want to talk to me either,” Mina replied softly, “But I’ll do my best.” She gave Sana one last squeeze before pulling away, offering her an encouraging smile. The Hufflepuff smiled back through her tears, making Mina’s heart ache again.

Sana should hate her, should never want to speak to or see her again, after all that Mina had done to sabotage their friendship. She and Momo had been so kind to Mina from the start, so gentle and warm, for no reason other than they wanted to. They were genuinely nice people, Mina knew this for certain now— they weren’t anything like the people at Mahoutokoro. In fact, they were everything Mina wanted in friends when she came to Hogwarts, and yet she had still found a way to ruin it.

Swallowing back her self-loathing, Mina tried to focus on the task at hand. She was about to ask Sana where Momo was when she realized the other girl was staring at her.

The Hufflepuff stepped closer to Mina, back into her personal space, until their faces were nearer than they’d ever been before. Sana’s hand rested on her jaw and their eyes locked. Mina thought— just for a moment— that Sana was going to lean in. Holding her breath, she waited. Although Sana did not close the mere centimeters-long gap, Mina felt the girl’s breath on her lips as she murmured, “Please stop thinking so hard. Please.”

All Mina could manage was a dumb nod, and then Sana was retreating, tugging her toward the entrance by a hand. By the time Mina returned to earth from her dazed state, she realized they were now somehow standing in front of the door to Sana and Momo’s bedroom.

“Please be gentle with her,” Sana whispered, though Mina could tell by the way she was shifting that she said it more out of nerves than actual, founded concern.

Sana gestured for Mina to lead the way, so the Ravenclaw opened the door and stepped inside. She was immediately surprised to see the usually bright room so… well, dark. All the curtains were drawn shut and none of the lamps were . With the light from the doorway, Mina could just make out the shape of Momo in her bed, buried under the blankets.

“I told you I didn’t want to talk, Satang,” came a muffled voice from underneath the pile of quilts.

Mina approached the bed slowly, eventually sitting at the edge. Momo must have noticed the sound of two sets of footsteps, as her head soon poked out from under a pillow. Her dark hair a mess and her face bare, Momo’s frown smoothed when she saw who was actually sitting with her.

“Oh,” she said simply. “It’s you.” Momo stared at Mina for a few seconds before her frown reappeared. Rolling back over and tucking her head under the pillow again, Momo repeated, “I told Sana I didn’t want to talk.”

“I know,” Mina replied, gently pulling away the pillow. At Momo’s grumbling, she added, “You don’t have to talk, just listen.”

Momo glanced over Mina’s shoulder to Sana, who was still hovering near the door. Her eyebrows raised: “Is she serious?” Mina could imagine her saying.

Nerves made Mina hesitate, just for a moment, before beginning to speak. She knew what she needed to tell Momo, what might be the only thing that could cheer her up. Unfortunately, it was also something that Mina had been avoiding dealing with ever since it happened. You need to be brave now, she told herself, summoning every ounce of courage she had tucked away.

“I lied to you,” she eventually forced out. Mina closed her eyes, unable to handle seeing Momo or Sana’s expressions right now. Not until she was done. “I lied to both you and Sana, at our sleepover and when you brought us to the Quidditch pitch. The truth is that… I did play Quidditch at Mahoutokoro. I was their Seeker.”

Momo released a little gasp, but Mina was too engrossed in what she was saying to hear it. She’d never spoken about this before, not to anyone, and it was like she was being pulled back in time, back into her memories.

——

Some of Mina’s earliest memories involved flying. Naturally, considering her father’s work, she’d learned how to ride a broom practically around the same time she learned how to walk. She remembered, more than anything, her father’s huge grin whenever she’d zoom around the house on one of his earliest creations, back when Myoui Brooms wasn’t yet a household name. Maybe she just remembered it because those were the only times he’d smile at her like that.

Flying remained fun for a while. Of course, to a little kid, there was nothing better than the freedom and exhilaration of it all. She went to Quidditch games with her father, just happy to be able to spend time with him and get his attention. Eventually, though, as she got older, Mina realized the truth: that flying and Quidditch were not things that would ever be truly hers. They were things imposed on her, things that she was expected to love in the same way her father loved them.

He never outright told her that she had to join the Mahoutokoro team once she got old enough to attend the school. He didn’t have to— Mina already knew. It was an expectation that’d been placed upon her more or less since birth. On her first day of school, she already had a shiny new broom and a complete set of fancy Quidditch robes and pads, despite not even having tried out yet. Of course she’d get in— she was the daughter of the best Seeker Mahoutokoro had ever seen, not to mention the fact that Mr. Myoui gave enough “gracious donations” to essentially own the team.

Mina never had the backbone to point out that Quidditch wasn’t fun for her anymore, that it wasn’t what she wanted to do. No, she did what was expected of her, because she didn’t want to disappoint her father, and because maybe there was still a part of her that longed for his approval. Since his business had taken off she’d barely seen him, but she knew he’d be at every Quidditch match. At least she could see him then, could see his big smile as he hugged her and told her he was so proud. Even if he was proud of a lie— at least it was something.

Her teammates hated her from the beginning. Mina could scarcely blame them, she’d probably resent herself too if she was in their positions. At first, they didn’t say anything to her face, but she could hear the whispering behind her back and the dirty looks they gave her whenever she entered the locker room. She wasn’t wanted there.

Still, Mina had some sense of pride in her. She didn’t want to not belong, to be the outsider— so she trained. Relentlessly. Every second of her free time was spent on the pitch, whether it be at the crack of dawn or dusk, running drills until her legs felt like jelly. She barely got any sleep and had little appetite, the only thing on her mind being Quidditch, Quidditch, Quidditch. Because the reality of it was, she needed to be the perfect star player. To continue her father’s legacy and to make him proud, but also, to prove to her teammates that she wasn’t exactly what they expected her to be: the snotty rich kid who was only there because her daddy bought her spot on the team.

The constant training paid off in some ways, if not all. They won game after game, season after season, in her time there. Her father smiled at her, her teammates clapped her on the back. For a while, things were perfect— if she ignored the aching hole inside her that grew bigger and bigger each day.

It only took one game to ruin things. It was their final match of the season— they’d reached the championships four years in a row, and this year they went against Durmstrang. This game was different from all the rest, though— it was an actual fight for once. Their opponents were ruthless in their game tactics, taking out player after player until Mina was the only one on her team left standing. Their only hope.

She couldn’t remember exactly what happened. It was all a blur, since she’d mostly blocked that part out of her memory. Regardless, the outcome was the same— she buckled under the pressure. Durmstrang won.

It had felt like the world was ending. Maybe, in a way, for Mina it had. Her father didn’t smile at her that night. Instead he placed a hand on her shoulder, told her she needed to practice more, and said that he had to get back to work. When she entered the locker room, it was like she’d been transported back in time. Her teammates, the people she believed were her friends, looked at her that same way they had on her first day there. They said horrible things that still echoed in her mind even now. It didn’t matter how hard she trained, how many games she won— one mistake, and in their eyes, she had proven that they were right about her all along. One mistake, and she wasn’t her father’s perfect daughter, his pride and joy, anymore.

That realization broke something inside of her. She couldn’t bring herself to even look at a broom again. She couldn’t pay attention in classes or do much else other than lie in bed, an overwhelming pain pinning her down to the mattress. It wasn’t because she lost some stupid game— it was because that stupid game made her feel useless, unloved, pathetic. Small. It made her feel small.

Her father wasn’t thrilled about her quitting the team, of course. That was another reason for their move from Japan— he must have hoped that Hogwarts being a “fresh slate” for Mina would mean a fresh slate for her Quidditch career as well. She couldn’t, though. It wasn’t strength that made her want to rebel against her father and never play the sport again— the opposite, really. Mina simply wasn’t strong enough to continue the perfect daughter charade anymore.

——

Mina opened her eyes. Avoiding the two Hufflepuffs’ gaze still, she reached out and found Momo’s hand under the blanket. “So believe me, I know how you feel. That you’re completely at fault, that if you had just practiced a little longer, a little harder, you would have won. You wouldn’t be feeling this way. I’ve been there, I thought that too. But the truth is…” She took a deep breath. She’d never admitted this, to herself or to anyone else, because she had never believed it up until this moment. Once again urging herself to be brave for Momo’s sake, she continued, “The truth is, it wasn’t totally my fault, just like your game wasn’t totally your fault. When you’re a part of a team, you win and lose as a team. I guess my point in telling you all this is that, please don't be so hard on yourself, and please don’t let this stop you from playing the game you love. You’d just regret it.” Mina sighed, and nodded, signalling she was finished.

There was a pause, and then Mina was being pulled into Momo’s arms. Sana came to the bed as well, and she found herself sandwiched between the two Hufflepuffs in a group hug.

“Thank you for telling me, Mitang,” Momo mumbled right next to her ear, her voice thick. “I-I really appreciate it.”

Mina felt a weight lift from her shoulders, a weight that had been there for a long, long time. She’d spent all of her time since she met Sana and Momo thinking that they didn’t need her, that she was just an intrusion. Now, she was starting to think that maybe, just maybe, they needed her just as much as she needed (wanted) them, too.