Chapter 1

The Marriage Counselling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Hi, this will be my first book. You can also read this on wattpad, @bpxrvislife, The Marriage Counselling (Jenlisa). Either way, I'll be updating on both sites 🙂 Thank you for subscribing and special thanks to ashmizuichi99 for the upvote and ByulSunHwaEein and ToastMaster for the comment. Enjoy! 

----------------------------------------------- 
"It's better to be unhappy alone, than to be unhappy with someone." 
-Marilyn Monroe 
----------------------------------------------- 

Have you ever wondered how your life would turn out if you can just turn back the time and change all the things and bad decisions you've had made? Like for example,  maybe you could have avoided the doctor from getting you out of your mother's when she was laboring, or turn back the time when you were bored and decided to cut your hair really short. 

"Jennie." 

Or even the time when you had your first kiss to someone who had a really bad breath and  the whole time you were smooching faces was acutally awful, Gosh I don't even want to relive that moment. I scrunched my face in disgust.  Why do I have to be reminded of that hideous kiss!? 

"Jennie!" 

Or maybe I could travel back to the time when I  was at a party in high school and was trying to impress my long time crush, but I ended up vomiting in his favorite shirt. I didn't noticed how much I've drank nor the amount of alcohol in my system. I am deeply embarassed everytime I remember that and I can't even look at his face for months before! Curse you, beer! 

Or the time when-- 

"Jennie Rubyjane!" 

A woman in her mid 50's clad in her silk black dress shouted at me. Her eyes are a deep shade of brown and in a shape of almond. Her skin was glowing under the sun, and her skin was still smooth and looked so soft. She have this creases against her forehead, clearly the signs of aging but nonetheless, she still look so beautiful. Somehow, we have some similarities if you'd look at us closely. We have the same shape of our faces, our nose are also the same. We really have similar features that one might easily notice. Someone said that I’m a carbon copy of this woman and I was wondering why. Oh right, she's my mother.  

"What?" I replied before sipping a cup of tea that she made a while ago. 

"Are you listening to me? I told you to make it up to Jongin---" 

At the mention of my husband's name, I did not try to engage in my mother's speech anymore. I'm currently here in my parent's house. I thought that I could relax and relieve some stress in my life. Turns out that byy coming here, it made me more stressed than ever. Seriously, mother's nagging are the best! Mark my sarcasm. 

'Ok, this is one of the situations where I want to turn back the time and should have prevented myself from going here. ' 

"You should be more understanding to your husband--" My ears perked up at her, ranting how I should be more understanding and caring to Jongin. I didn’t let her continue her sentence when I butted in. 

"Wait, what? I'm nothing but the understanding one in our relationship, mom. Oh please!"  I groaned indignantly. 

 

" Oh honey, Jongin is a busy man. You know how it goes, right?" 

 

"Yeah, right. So busy to the point of forgetting that he has a wife." I mumbled. I leaned my head on the table while playing with the now, cold tea. 

 

"Have you two talked?" She went to my side and caressed my brown locks. 

 

"I tried, I tried for the past months, mom. It just made me looked like a desperate wife." 

 

"I'll talk to him if you want, honey." 

 

"No need, mom. I can handle this." or not. 

 

" What if the both of you try this therapy thing?" My mom asked. Her brows are furrowed as she gaze at me questioningly. 


I was married for about 2 years now with Jongin, or Kai as what he would like to be called. We were happy before, he was attentive and caring during the first phase of our married life.  I was and still am a perfect wife that anyone could wish for. But somehow along the way, things have changed drastically that I don't know why and how this happened. We rarely talk anymore, and I find myself being numb to how my marriage affects me. 


"What therapy?" I sighed and looked at my mother's brown orbs. Her eyes held both sympathy and concern. 


Unlike me and Kai, both of my parents are still very much inlove with each other. It was as if they’ve just got married yesterday. My dad always take my mom on dates when they are not busy, they were always happy and smiling at each other with their eyes shining with love and I don’t even know how they do it up to now. Their love for each other is what I yearn for our relationship. But perhaps, it’s not for us. 

"Y'know, marriage counselling? Both of you will be consulting to a counselor to help you solve problems. My friends have tried it before, their marriage actually turns out for the better." 


Then what if separation is the best thing for us? 


"I don't know, Mom. We'll think about it. Anyways, I have to go. I have a meeting with Jisoo and the others." 


For your information, I lied about the meeting part. I just know how my Mom would pester me about it so I needed to escape as soon as possible. I grabbed my purse and kissed my mother's cheek a goodbye. 


"Jennie, you both should think about it, alright? Call me or your father if you need anything. Please don’t waste your marriage for problems that can still be fixed.” 

 

My mother pleaded with her arms wrapping me into a hug. I sighed and succumbed to my mother’s embrace. 


“Yes, mom.” I nod my head against her shoulders, pretending to be considering her idea. I don’t actually believe that the others can help you solve the problem you’ve been trying to do all along, no offense. If the both of you can’t do it, how the hell could some random stranger help? 


I walked out of the house and went to my Aston Martin at the garage, dialling Chu’s number. I waited for her to pick up my call as I went inside the car and started the engine. I drove out of the gates, when finally she asnwered. 


“Yo, yo, yo, what’s up hoe?” Her annoying voice spoke as she tried to rap. 


I practically rolled my eyes even though she couldn’t see me. 


“Seriously Chu? If there’s a hoe between us, that would be you.” I deadpanned. 


“You’re just mad ‘cause you haven’t tasted this heavenly body.” I imagined her, wiggling her eyebrows as she smirk. 


“Eww. No, just no. That’s like having with my sister.” 

“Ooh~ me likey.” She cooed 

“Can you please be serious for just one second?” I groaned as I hear her giggle through the phone. 


“Ok, you’re being an old grumpy woman again Jendeuk. What’s the matter?” 


Kim Jisoo, or Chu as how I call her, is my sister from another mother. Well, not that my father cheated, but she’s just like a sister that I never had but came from another and egg. Technically, we’re not blood related. Ugh how I hate explaining. 


“Where are you? I need to tell you something.” I really just wanted to rant how my life is so miserable right now. I faked the urgency in my voice, making it seem like a big deal, hoping that Jisoo would actually fall for it. 

Jisoo is always playful, but at times, she’s actually a great listener and gives advice really well. We grew up together so by now, we know everything about each other. She knows me like the back of her hand just like how I know her from head to toe. She’s practically my anchor. 


“If you’re going to confess your love, sorry to break it to you. I’m Chaeng’s hoe now. But still, I’m here at the office if you need me. Bye.” before I can even curse her, she hung up the call. 


“Freaking Kim Jisoo.” I hissed 


I’ll take back what I said about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter