home.

home.

Eunbi is tired.

 

She's tired of work, tired of getting scolded by her manager over the littlest of things, tired of her same old boring life. She could quit her job but finding a new one instantly would be hard so that idea is long forgotten. The only thing she looks forward to every day after work is going home to take a warm shower and then snuggle under her blanket in her favourite pyjamas. Of course, this moment doesn't last long since she has to wake up after getting seven hours of sleep and her routine repeats again.

 

Kicking her flats off, Eunbi trudges her way to her bedroom and throws her bag onto her bed before shrugging her coat off. She then heads straight to the bathroom to take the shower she very much needed after a long, stressful day at work.

 

By the time Eunbi left the shower, it is already a quarter past ten. After putting on a comfortable nightwear, she sits in front of her makeup table with a hairdryer in hand, turning it on to the lowest heat first before increasing it slowly. Once done drying her hair, she keeps the equipment back into the shelf and walks out of her room to watch a movie since she doesn't have work the next day— something she's extremely thankful for.

 

However, what she didn't expect to see when she enters her living room is another person seated on her couch, slowly dozing off with the television on. Taking quiet steps, Eunbi nears the person and lets out a breath of relief once she recognises the features of the latter, a small smile tugging on her lips as she watches the other tired girl. Not wanting to disturb her sleep, Eunbi, as silently as possible, settles down on the spot beside her and hugs her knees together, watching whatever is currently showing on the channel.

 

“Oh... Eunbi?”

 

The said girl feels her heart fluttering upon hearing the sleepy voice who had just called out to her. Head tilting to face the other girl, Eunbi smiles warmly seeing her tired girlfriend, Yuna, rubbing her eyes.

 

“I thought you won't be home until tomorrow?” she says softly and scoots closer to the taller girl to rest her head on her shoulder.

 

“Well, my boss said I could go home so I did,” Yuna answers, pressing a soft kiss on Eunbi’s head after. “I don't want to leave my Eunbi alone at home for another day.”

 

Although Eunbi is tired of her same old boring life, she's never tired of Yuna, the person who never fails to make her feel all the positive emotions there are that one could feel and experience. Yuna is the reason why she never quits her job. The former would always give her words of encouragement before she leaves for work and that alone gives Eunbi the motivation to do her best at work no matter how awful her day at the office can get.

 

“I missed you,” she whispers, looking up to meet Yuna’s eyes. “Work has been hell for the past few days but with you back at home, I feel energised once again, like I can do anything and everything.”

 

Yuna laughs and Eunbi’s heart warms up, loving how her girlfriend’s laughter sounds like music to her ears. She misses this a lot. She misses being by Yuna’s side. With the latter gone for three days due to work, Eunbi’s life has been nothing but dull. However, with Yuna back, she feels nothing but only happiness. All the waiting is worth it because in the end, Yuna will always come back to her.

 

“Did my cheesiness rub on you?” Yuna asks with a cheeky smile.

 

Eunbi shrugs. “It's bound to happen since I'm going to be stuck with you for life.”

 

“For life, hm?” Yuna hums. Draping her arm across Eunbi’s shoulders, the shorter girl automatically rests her head against her chest and snakes her arms around her girlfriend's waist, hugging her tightly. “I like the sound of that. I want to be with you forever too.”

 

Eunbi feels overwhelmed. How can one be that sweet when she's tired just a while ago? Yuna never fails to make the butterflies in her stomach flutter wildly at such random timings.

 

“I think I should go take a shower right now,” Yuna mutters as she gently runs her fingers through Eunbi’s soft locks.

 

However, Eunbi shakes her head and tightens her grip around Yuna, not allowing her to move about freely. “Let's stay like this for a while more.”

 

“Alright, if that's what my Eunbi wants,” Yuna chuckles softly and rests her head on top of Eunbi’s, her eyelids slowly fluttering close. She's too tired and lazy to walk anyway. It doesn't help her either that her favourite person is locking her tightly in her arms. 

 

Eunbi's heart skips a beat at the statement. She may look forward to going home every day but her real home is being in Yuna’s arms every night after a tired day at work.