You are annoying but

You are Annoying (Sequel)

Jeongyeon made it her habit of fetching Nayeon in her room to have lunch with the older together. So, she patiently waits outside and watches Nayeon talks with her classmates as she fixes her things in her bag. When Nayeon looks up her way up, she gives the bunny looking girl a small wave.

A raven girl beside Nayeon, who she is talking to, also looks at her direction. The girl is beautiful with sharp eyes, an unreadable expression and a smirk stretched on her face - Jeongyeon swears she'll run if only the girl didn't smile teasingly on Nayeon, giving her older friend small nudges. Her best friend laughs in response while dodging all the attack given by her classmate. Jeongyeon is awe by the beauty her best friend has when a stray of light suddenly struck on Nayeon's face, making a tinge of pink color visible from where she is standing. She'll tell Nayeon about that shades of blush on later.

Jeongyeon doesn't realize that there's two people walking towards until she hears someone greets her,

"Hi, Jeongyeon," The raven haired girl with a slight smirk, standing before her, a hint of tease lies on her voice. Nayeon giggles on her side. "Bye, Jenny."

"Bye, Nayeon. See ya!" And as if the Jenny girl didn't smile earlier, her expression changes to blank, like a new sheet of white paper voids with ink, in a millisecond.

"She's pretty, no?" Nayeon grabs Jeongyeon's attention while her eyes follows the retreating back of Jenny.

"Yes," Jeongyeon admits, "but she's frightening," she adds.

"What about me?" The older turns her head to Jeongyeon with an expectant eyes. Jeongyeon raises a brow, already taking a step back. She gets a hint on what's the other girl is saying but Jeongyeon will not give it to her. "Hey, Jeongie. What about me? Am I pretty?"

Before Jeongyeon can have a safe distance from Nayeon, the latter clings herself to her, asking her the same question repeatedly. A random male student probably hears it and answer Nayeon's question "yes". Nayeon thanks him with a slight bow.

Jeongyeon huffs, "No. You're old and ugly."

Nayeon brings her hand in her chest and mouth's hangs open, feeling offended. That's a double strike. "How dare you disrespect me, Yoo Jeongyeon. I'm not old, it wasn't my fault I was born a year earlier than you. Aishi, this kid never learns."

"Says the one clinging to me like a koala."

That's it. Nayeon gets off her hands which apparently is, indeed, encircling on the taller girl's arm. She blushes in embarrassment, clasping her two hands at the back while looking down, wondering what shade of red paint the school used for their floor. Jeongyeon only smirks when the older lets go of her arm but also missing the contact.

"Ah, we're heading the rooftop," Nayeon says quietly, enough for Jeongyeon to hear. They ascend the stairs in silence letting the loud noises of the other students be the sounds to enter their ears.

There's not much student who comes to the school's rooftop for it is not a good place to hangout or eat during lunch break. The outside air-condition is standing in the middle, fences to guard up students from falling, and uh… Jeongyeon looks around to see if there are other people or person.

Earlier today, Nayeon mentioned introducing her to a new-found friend she met on their dance club a few weeks ago. So, here they are walking across the deserted rooftop with only the gray cement, silver fences, clouds and sky, and the buildings from afar are the only colors on this gloomy place. Later did Jeongyeon knows, she's actually walking to a paradise.

Jeongyeon's mouth agape when her eyes landed on the sight before her. Two people are sitting comfortably on a picnic blanket. Above them is a big and colorful parasol umbrella that covers them from the sun lights. Behind them are few plants hanging on the fence, using threads and coconut shells, below are plant boxes that has flowers and lemon grass planted in it, on the side is a wood bench. It is simple but it adds color on this colorless place, at least on this area, making it lively.

"Nayeonie!" One of the girls, the dirty blonde haired girl, stands up and sprints her way to Nayeon as her arms are open widely immediately pulling the older in her embrace once she gets to her. Nayeon laughs and hugs the girl back.

Jeongyeon's brows meets at the sight. She must be the new friend Nayeon talks about, Jeongyeon thinks. She feels a pinch on her chest seeing her older friend, hugging and smiling like that at someone else, other than her.

The girl holds Nayeon's hand and pulls the older with her, taking their seat on the ground. Jeongyeon quietly follows Nayeon and stands in front of the three. The other blonde beside the girl looks up at her and smiles, tapping the empty spot beside her. Jeongyeon shyly nods and settles down beside the ginger blonde girl.

"You must be Jeongyeon!" Jeongyeon hears the dirty blonde shrieks happily, and she turns at her. Jeongyeon only nods as a response. She watches as the raccoon-looking girl's eyes sparkles. "You're Nayeonie's first--"

The blonde doesn't have a chance to finish her sentence because Nayeon's big hand is already covering , actually half of the poor girl's face is covered.

"First friend," Nayeon finishes, smiling nervously. She glares at Momo before removing her hand on her face and Nayeon clears . "Jeong, these are Momo and Mina." Nayeon introduces the two blonde. They both smiles at her and waves.

Although the two have almost identical hair color and physique, they both emit different aura. Momo with her round eyes, Jeongyeon thinks she came out from anime she used to watch, is loud and energetic. She's so bright and lively that even the sun can lose his job. Otherwise, the ginger haired girl, she has this intimidating and mysterious aura, she's quiet and reserve. Jeongyeon feels like the younger's actions are calculated.

Jeongyeon watches Momo pulling Nayeon in a hug or Nayeon caressing Momo's arms, holding Momo's hand as she plays on their intertwined fingers.

Are they really just friends? Jeongyeon scoffs. The sight before her makes her eye sore.

"Yes, Jeongyeon-ssi." Says the soft-spoken girl beside her. Jeongyeon is shocked. Is this girl can read her mind? "No, I don't have that kind of ability, unnie." She giggles making Jeongyeon bewildered. Seeing Jeongyeon's reaction, Mina laughs softly, "You said it out loud."

Jeongyeon feels embarrassed. She turns her gaze to the other two girls, "Do they look like friends to you?" She gives stressed on the last third word.

Mina glances on the two girls, laughing at whatever they're talking about shortly. She reaches for the kimbap in the tupperware, giving one to Jeongyeon before having her own. She takes a bite, slowly nodding her head in both satisfaction for the food and answer to Jeongyeon's question. "Hmm. We met Nayeon unnie a week ago in the dance club and the three of us are on the same group." She answers, quietly studying the green haired girl's action towards her response. "And Momo is usually like that. Clingy, I mean." She ends.

Mina now faces Jeongyeon, eyes fixed on hers as if looking straight deep within her soul "Why, are you jealous, Jeongyeon unnie?"

——

"You have been awfully quiet today. Are you sure you are alright, Jeong?" Nayeon asks, concern is audible in her voice. The girl hadn't talk to Nayeon ever since they came down to the rooftop with the two Japanese and it made Nayeon anxious. Jeongyeon answers with a nod, not sparing her a glance. Nayeon grips the box of milk she's sipping and shriek when its contents spill from it. This makes Jeongyeon abruptly look at her.

"Ya! What were you thinking, spilling your milk out of its box!?" Jeongyeon rushes to wipe the milk on Nayeon's hands and some on her blouse with her handkerchief.

"I was just thinking..." Nayeon mumbles under her breath.

"Ha. And you were here to ask if I'm alright or something." Jeongyeon scoffs, looking up to Nayeon's face.

Jeongyeon's face is close to Nayeon's, and she could clearly see the same shade of pink on Nayeon's cheeks she saw earlier. She grasps a look of Nayeon's aesthetic beauty, from her eyes down to her lips. Nayeon is right all this time, she's a beauty that the other people could ask for. Then a push on her shoulder pull her back to reality.

"You were so quiet since we came down from the rooftop and didn't talk to me all day." Nayeon exclaims, huffing. "Only when I did something wrong that you will speak." She adds, mumbling, to herself.

Ironically, Jeongyeon will also talk to Nayeon when she did something, only to reprimand her of her doings, or shout at her, or utter some hateful words towards her.

"You're so clumsy." Jeongyeon backs to wiping Nayeon's hand.

Nayeon's chest tightens. A part of her is thankful that Jeongyeon didn't make this incident a big deal, and a part of her feels hurt that Jeongyeon won't talk if she did something that could anger the younger.

Nayeon close her hand causing Jeongyeon to once again looks up, this time in both confusion and irritation.

"What are you doing? I'm still wiping--"

Nayeon's face is filled with tears, running freely from her eyes. She looks the same from 8 years ago, Jeongyeon thought, when she accidentally knocked down the set of Lego Jeongyeon was currently working on, or whenever the older did something wrong that she would try her best not to escape those crystal-like tears from her eyes by gripping a piece of her dress or skirt or would just cry quietly. And there's an urge of pulling the older in between her arms to console her, but Jeongyeon did otherwise.

"You know you're ugly when you cry, right?"

"What did I do this time? Is it because of Momo--?"

"Hah! What makes you think it's because of that Japanese girl?" Jeongyeon scoffs. A flashback plays before her eyes, and Jeongyeon's face heats up. It's not like, she's jealous of that. She can't find a reason to be jealous or whatever.

"If you don't admit your feelings, then you will regret it your entire life." Mina said to her, while munching her kimbap.

Of course, that's not it! She doesn't have feelings for her annoying neighbor, that also happens to be her childhood friend, who's a year older than her. Nope! That must not be it! Jeongyeon isn't jealous of how Momo has Nayeon in her arms, clings to Nayeon whenever she likes, holds Nayeon's hands as they walk down the stairs and the hallways, or how Nayeon smiles to Momo like the peach is so dear to her, or the looks Nayeon is giving on Momo's way like she's her entire universe. Jeongyeon isn't jealous in all of that she had witnessed in a span of hours.

Jeongyeon is definitely not jealous. That blonde girl can have Nayeon all to herself if she wants. At least it could free Jeongyeon to all nuisance of Nayeon.

"I brought you there so you could meet my new friends." Nayeon continues. "But if you don't like them, I won't invite you next time."

Jeongyeon frowns. If Momo will have Nayeon then she will see all those annoying stuffs couples do, just like what they did on the rooftop. But if Nayeon did those to her, it irks her. She hates how comfortable she is whenever they do a skinship. She hates how her body will automatically react whenever Nayeon is around. She hates the thought of Nayeon away from her. She hates the thought of losing her. She hates the budding feelings inside her chest. But most of all, she hates to admit all these things.

"... I won't bother you anymore." Nayeon walks past her, wiping her eyes while gripping on the empty box of milk on her hand.

Nayeon is a bother to Jeongyeon, so, why. Nayeon does all things that could irritate her. Nayeon is annoying of all things. So, how.

How did Jeongyeon ended up feeling this way from the older?

Jeongyeon holds Nayeon's hand causing her to stop and turn Nayeon to face her. Nayeon is still sobbing and it makes Jeongyeon's chest tightened knowing she was the reason of it. Nayeon looks so fragile like the kid she was from years ago and without thinking, Jeongyeon touches her lips to Nayeon's lips.

Nayeon's lips tastes bitter because of the tears, but Jeongyeon could still taste the flavor of her lipbalm and could still feel how soft her lips are.

When Jeongyeon pulls away, Nayeon has her eyes wide and not responding, stoned shocked from what had occurred before her eyes.

"How peskily," She mumbles with a smile. She raises her hand to touch Nayeon's cheek and caress them, ever so softly. "Cute."

Nayeon blinks, staring at Jeongyeon. Her mind goes haywire. She thought...

"I... I-I thought you hate me."

"Says who? I love you."

Nayeon is taken aback at Jeongyeon's straightforward answer, and she felt her face heat up to her neck. She immediately hugs Jeongyeon and hides her face on her neck. Jeongyeon liking her never crossed her mind, much more loving her. Nayeon frowns, how if she just misunderstood everything, and the younger only look at her as a friend or a sister. She pulls herself right away at the thought and face Jeongyeon.

"Did you mean it!?" She exclaims, a part of her doubting Jeongyeon that this must be a prank that the girl pulls up to get revenge. Jeongyeon raises her eyebrow in response. "That you l-l-love me?"

Jeongyeon's ears turns a dark shade of red. Her eyes lands anywhere but Nayeon. Shy to admit it, she pulls the girl in an embrace. "I didn't know where or how it started because I hate you for being annoying..."

"See! You hate me!" Nayeon's about pulling herself away again but Jeongyeon pushes her back as soon as Nayeon tries to do so. "Ugh."

"I'm not yet done. Let me finish first!" Jeongyeon hears Nayeon grumbles something but brushes them off as she continues her speech, "So I was saying, I didn't ask nor expect for it, this just comes all of a sudden, like an intruder. Like how you entered my room without my permission when we were kids. And yes, I mean it. I love you more than friends. So will you be my girlfriend?"

Nayeon is crying, not because Jeongyeon is mad or because they fight. This time, it's happiness the reason of her tears, and she doesn't know how to express them in words. She is so happy that her first love, first crush, first friend feels the same way as her. She nods while sobbing, covering her face when Jeongyeon decided to separate from their hug. Jeongyeon removes her hands from her face and laughs.

"You're old, but you cry like a baby."

"Ya!" Nayeon shouts.

"Merong."

They are girlfriends now, but nothing has changed except that their status stepped up from best friends to girlfriends.

 

---


EXTRA:

"She likes Nayeonie. They both like each other." Momo smiles, skipping on her steps.

"Yeah." Mina agrees, she witnessed all of it with her two eyes.

"She is just shy to admit it." Momo laughs.

"Afraid, rather." Mina corrects her. She knew of all people that the subject of their talk is afraid.

"Just like you?" Momo smiles as she turns her head to Mina. Her smile is warm and bright that Mina can't do but to smile back at her, and she nods slowly. "Yes, just like me." Mina answers.

"They would be girlfriends by now." Mina says, intertwining her hand with her girlfriends.

"If she is courageous like you, Minarin." Momo laughs, squeezing Mina's hand. She gasps when something crosses her mind, "did you see how Jeongyeon-ssi glared at me?" She shivers upon the image of Jeongyeon throwing daggers at her.

"Yes, it looked like she'll kill you any moment." Mina laughs when Momo's face became pale.

"And you will let her?"

"Why not?"

"You're my girlfriend, and aren't you supposed to protect me?"

"Oh. I thought Nayeon is your girlfriend judging by how you were so close to her earlier."

And Mina continues to rant about it, while Momo listens and apologizes.