I can see clearly now

One year, maybe two

I can see clearly now the rain is gone.
I can see obstacles in my way.
It's gonna be a bright, bright sun-shiny day.

 

 

 

Taehyung doesn’t expect any response when he types in a  'srry kook, cant stay in urs 2night’.

And it's not that it hurts not to receive anything in response, pffffft, of course not, Taehyung’s not hurt (because obviously he hasn’t been waiting two hours, thirteen minutes and five seconds, yes he counted them, sitting in his bed, drinking his cherry cola and smoking exactly seven cigarettes while waiting) but goddammit, if you receive a message you should answer it, you know? It’s called being ing polite. He deserves, at least, an emoji. ing Jungkook. 

 

And it's not that Jungkook doesn’t realize that Taehyung is trying to avoid him at all costs, oh, he knows it very well, but what can he do? It's not like he can command over his friend. At least he is satisfied with being able to see him at lunchtime, when everyone gets together, but when he receives that message (the third one in that week) declining his proposal for a movie night, he can feel his insides growling. ing Taehyung. 

 

-- 

 

It's a warm morning in that beautiful August when Jungkook arrives to college and, as always, anxiously waits for his classes to finish so he can go and eat some breakfast with his friends.

And obviously see Taehyung.

He is left without appetite when he sees an empty space exactly next to him.

"Taetae has a date," Jimin speaks to the air, explaining to all of them, but suddenly he puts his hands in the middle of the table, spilling Yoongi’s soda in the act, the blue-haired man bites his tongue to stop himself from bumping his head in the floor until he bleeds to death. "and it's with a girl." Jimin releases the information as if it was the secret of the year.

"That's why he dyed his hair black!" Hoseok slides delicately between Yoongi and Jimin, making Jimin, with feigned jealousy, to push him apart. "Everyone knows that a pretty little would never notice a man with a so obviously homoual dyed hair."

Hoseok catches Yoongi’s glare and automatically walks away, hitting Namjoon's elbow on the way, causing the straw of the drink that the older was drinking to encrust on his palate.

"Namjoon! You good?"

Namjoon can’t speak, but he nods, until he begins to see the blood drain through the straw, his eyes roll up and he turns pale and falls unconscious on Jin's lap.

"Do you have anything against my hair Jung Hoseok?" Yoongi completely ignores the accident and his eyes are directed at a Hoseok who is dying of laughter when he sees Namjoon’s state.

"Namjoon! Oh, my god, call an ambulance! I can’t be single because of such an idiotic accident!" Seokjin is trembling and, apparently, he is the only one worried there.

"Hyung! It's just a straw, just take it out fast!” Jimin is lying across the table, helping Jin to get the straw from the mouth of an unconscious Namjoon and smearing his shirt with their food.

"But what are you talking about?" Hoseok scratches the back of his neck and avoids Yoongi's gaze. "Your blue ice-cream hair matches well with your snowflake personality, hyung!"

"I am going to ing kill you!"

"Could you leave that for later and help me not to let Namjoon die?!"

Yoongi turns around and as if it was nothing, he pulls out the straw out of Namjoon's palate, causing him to wake up in pain. "It's just a damn straw, nobody dies with that!"

"This idiot could’ve died!" Seokjin pushes a disoriented Namjoon, Jimin grabs him before he falls. "You could have appeared in 1000 ways to die! Do you know how embarrassed I would have been? Do you even think of me Kim Namjoon? EVERYBODY WOULD LAUGH AT ME!"

“Sorry for almost bleeding to death because Yoongi scared the out of Hoseok!”

“It’s because this bastard likes judging my hair as if he was the straightest on earth!”

“Well I am?”

“He is.” Namjoon and Seokjin say at the same time.

“No he’s not?” Jimin interrupts. “He was dating Yoongi?”

“Oh, my lord, Jimin I thought we were over it!”

“Jungkook said you ed him five times a day!” Jimin hits Yoongi’s head. “You inefficient lame , now you me twice a day and complain all day about your ing being sore.”

“Jungkook you little !” When Yoongi says that phrase, everybody remembers Jungkook was there, and all turn their heads to him, waiting for a wonderful response full of poison and sarcasm, the ones Jungkook always gave.

Jungkook has not done or said anything. Suddenly he gets up and starts walking away from them, food untouched.

Everybody looks at each other, wondering what was wrong with him, always being the most noisy and scandalous one along with Hoseok and Taehyung.

When Seokjin accompanies Namjoon to the infirmary

(“Are you still mad at me, love?”

“How can I not be mad when you were about to die in the most stupid way? You know? This is a record! Something new! Congratulations!

“I’m sorry hyung.”

“Im sirri hiing.”)

and when Jimin and Yoongi go to fix their little discussion, Hoseok is left alone. He looks for Jungkook and finds him sitting in a bench next to a tree,

"Is something wrong, Kook?."

"I wasn’t hungry, hyung."

“You know you can tell me anything right? Not only me but if there’s something bothering you, you can talk with any of us.”

“Thanks hyung, but it’s really nothing.”

 

'Taetae has a date, and it's with a girl.'

 

Jungkook wonders what Taehyung looks like with black hair.

 

--

 

 

Days of Seoul in mid-August have always been incredibly hot.

The nights are not different.

Taehyung decides to leave his leather jacket at home and take the risk of going out that night with a simple gray V-neck shirt and black leather pants. You know what they say, dress to impress.

He gets into a taxi that will take him to the place where all his friends were waiting already, some random club in Gangnam with the name of CLUB MASS. 

His breathing is cut short and the palms of his hands begin to sweat when he sees Jungkook behind Namjoon with a can of beer in his hand.

"You couldn’t wait to enter to start drinking?" Is the first thing he says, and although his voice trembles at first, he can hide it with a mischievous smile.

Jungkook's eyes inspect him up and down, but before he says anything, Namjoon is telling them to get in.

The music stuns them and the blue and purple colored lights that go from one place to another make them dizzy instantly, Hoseok decides to invite the first round of shots, and everyone gladly accepts it.

In less than half an hour, Jimin and Taehyung are drunkenly dancing on top of a table, with Yoongi taking care of them from below so that no man and woman touch a single hair from Jimin, a cigarette hanging from his mouth and a cell phone in his hands, recording directly Jimin’s .

Hoseok is already with some girl, in some corner of that luxurious nightclub, in a mooring of lips and arms, and legs and rubbing, Taehyung can see it, but he ignores it and keeps laughing and dancing with Jimin.

Seokjin and Namjoon return with two bottles and with that view, Taehyung and Jimin fly off the table and are already with the elders ready to ingest more toxic substances.

Jungkook is with them, but at the same time he’s long gone. It's not that he didn’t like the place. It's not that he was bored. It's just that when they used to go clubbing, Jungkook and Taehyung always got lost. Jungkook feels something in his stomach when he realizes that there are not days, but weeks in which Taehyung treats him as a friend. A normal friend. And that's just not right. Not for him. 

But if you think about it, it shouldn’t bother him, because they're just friends, right? They’ve always been friends. Jungkook was the one who made sure Taehyung knew that, 

"This is your second pack of cigarettes, Yoongi." Namjoon, half dances, half speaks, trying not to be so meticulous about his friend’s habits.

"This is your tenth glass of rum, Namjoon." Yoongi replies, shoving the little box with the leyend RAISON in his pants. 

"You don't see me with ing cancer sticks hanging from my mouth."

"And that thing,” Yoongi points at the glass in Namjoon’s hand. “is good for your kidney?"

"Did you see who is here?" Seokjin pretends to ignore the little fight that was forming and points to one of the main doors.

Taemin and Minho greet them the moment they see them. Seokjin rolls his eyes when behind them appears a smiling Jackson with his little group of troglodyte friends.

 

 

The sweaty and tired bodies don’t stop them from continuing dancing and laughing. Jungkook can see Seokjin stucked like a little tick to Namjoon who just wanted to talk to Jackson, and a Yoongi smirking like some kind of thirty year old ert when Jimin and Taemin dance like some kind of glued twins, almost ing in the middle of their little dance circle.

But it's ok. It's ok because they're friends and they're drunk. Everything’s fine.

It's fine when Jungkook positions himself on the right side of Taehyung and between dancing, singing, sweaty arms, tired feet and hands with bottles, he wraps his arm around his waist. It's ok. 

"Come with me outside."

"Don’t want."

Taehyung is the security personified when he refuses. But when the younger comes closer to his ear and rubs it while whispers a "It was not a question", he can’t resist and walks to the exit.

They are complicit eyes and intertwined hands, chests and noses touching. They are liters of alcohol in their blood that don’t let them think. They are tingling in their stomach and chest, and currents of electricity that run through each of their nerves. They are lips rubbing and fists clinging to clothes, and agitated breathing and tense muscles. They are two mouths that are one second away from becoming one. They are just them. As always.

"Jungkook?" Jungkook doesn’t separate from Taehyung. He hasn’t kissed him, he decides it would be very obvious if he separates so fast. "Jungkook? What are you doing?"

"Ready!" Jungkook finishes fixing Taehyung’s eye makeup and separates from him to look at the owner of the voice "Rebecca! Love! What are you doing here? By the way I was fixing his makeup, it was a mess."

"Thank you, brother." Taehyung smiles and gives Jungkook a pat, then he turns to see Rebecca "Hi, beautiful! Wow, you look like a goddess”

"Taehyung oppa!" Rebecca embraces Taehyung with a bear hug and the most beautiful and sincere smile in the world "I read your message recently, that's why I'm a little late."

Jungkook is total confusion when he looks at Taehyung with a surprised expression "You invited her?"

"Can’t I invite my best friend's girlfriend?"

 

-

 

 

Taehyung doesn’t have many followers on Instagram. Maybe. Maybe not.

Lee Minni has started following you.

It's the girl he had a date with some days ago at lunchtime.

Minni was a very pretty girl, 100% Korean, cute big brown eyes, extremely pale skin, little nose and little lips. A doll. She worked in a cafe two blocks from the university and her favorite coffee was American, like Taehyung's. She studied photography, like Taehyung. In their date she wore a nice Gucci sweater, like Taehyung. And she had a funny and happy sense of humor, like Taehyung.

He hasn’t seen her since vacation started, and he decided it would be a good idea talking to her and having another date. Yep. He needs some distraction.

Taehyung clicks the 'follow back' button when the door of his apartment opens and, without asking permission, Jimin stomps on the floor, like a small child throwing a tantrum.

"Yoongi cheated on me." He lets go before Taehyung asks for an explanation, and before he opens his mouth to answer, Jimin has already thrown himself into his bed crying. It is the ugliest cry that Taehyung has seen in his life. Jimin's cheeks look extremely large, his eyes squished, uniting everything and forming a deformed and ugly face, muddied with tears and snot everywhere. "I've seen it, Tae. Today he called me to cancel our date, so I went to the mall to buy clothes and I saw it, I saw it! Yoongi was hugging a man and the man was incredibly handsome! And it was not just any hug, it was a hug that lasted twenty-six seconds, I counted them Tae! Twenty-six seconds. Then I followed them and, my God, it was the worst mistake of my life. They got on Yoongi's car! Can you believe it? Yoongi invited him to get on his car!"

"Isn’t he someone from university? Maybe they have to do something important."

"I already sent a message to all his teachers and acquaintances of the university, he is none. Besides, we are on vacation, remember?"

"Are you talking seriously?"

"Of course!" Jimin takes out his cell phone and puts it in the face of a confused Taehyung "Do you know how hard it was to get the phone numbers of his nine teachers, thirty-nine classmates, and fifteen acquaintances outside the classroom?" Jimin claims, still crying "Not only that, I also had to contact his thirty-three friends outside the university, and even his thirteen closest neighbors! "

"How did you get his neighbors' phones?"

"Kim Taehyung, that's something you do not want to know."

Taehyung discreetly removes Jimin from his freshly laundered blanket, smelling of lavender detergent that he loved so much, and gives him some Kleenex to wipe his face. "Have you sent him a message? Did you try to call him? "

"Obviously?" Jimin seems offended. "He told me he had something important to do! But I do not believe anything! Nothing! It took him a good one minute forty-six seconds to answer me! He usually takes from thirty seconds to fifty, one minute maximum."

"Maybe you should go to his house."

"And lose my pride?" Jimin is, now, more than offended. "You offend me, Kim Taehyung. Raise your little because I need a lot of food, ice cream, booze and cuddles."

Taehyung thinks that it’s not a bad idea. Both get out of bed and after Jimin fixed a little the disaster he had as face, they decide to go to their favorite mall.

At the moment of opening the door, they run into a very constipated-look Jungkook standing at the door, with his eyes wide open, a bag with bottles of soju in one hand and in the other a bag with fried chicken.

"My savior!" Jimin hugs Jungkook and pushes him into Taehyung's apartment. "Tae, we will not have to buy anything, Jungkook brought what I needed!"

Taehyung and Jungkook don't pay attention to Jimin, both are looking into each other's eyes, trying to speak telepathically.

"By the way," Jimin interrupts "what are you doing here on a Sunday afternoon Jeon Jungkook? Is it that you come in secret from everyone? Aish! Tae! I knew it!"

"What?!" Taehyung's panicked look goes unnoticed.

"You're replacing me for Jungkook!" Jimin puts a deadly pout in his lips. "I have to spend more time with you so you can remember who is your best friend."

Jungkook is opening the cardboard box where the chicken is, when he looks at Jimin. "Chill, Chim. He can have two best friends.”

 

--

 

 

 

A week later, Yoongi sends him a message.

'Come tomorrow at ten o'clock p.m. to Minni's cafeteria'

For some strange reason Taehyung dresses up himself more than he should. Maybe he puts on a little more perfume, and maybe his black choker combined too well with his disheveled hair. Maybe Taehyung was proud of his appearance for the first time in quite some time. Maybe.

Taehyung arrives at the cafe with a nervous smile, but he forgets all nervousness when he sees the beautiful decoration.

Everything was full of balloons with lights of different shades of yellow, a cake of three floors with an 'I LOVE YOU' on the top, a bottle of champagne next to it and stuffed toys with love banners anywhere.

Hoseok is in a corner recording with his cell phone and Jungkook is next to Minni, both holding a sign with a cheesy message on it.

Yoongi has painted his hair black and is dressed completely in black, next to him is a very smiling Namjoon.

Behind Yoongi is standing a man that Taehyung does not know, but he is quite attractive. Maybe he’ll ask later.

"Oppa!" Minni calls from the other side of the cafeteria and Taehyung smiles and goes with her.

"Hi, hyung."

"What's up, Kook."

"Yoongi came to rent the entire cafeteria," Minni explains, "apparently he wants to surprise Jimin for their seven months of relationship."

“Seven months of being a slave… poor Yoongi.” Taehyung thinks out loud and Minni lets out a very high-pitched laugh, but extremely cute.

Taehyung's eyes open at the warm sensation in his chest when he notices Minni's eyes grow small when she laughs, like two half-moons, little wrinkles at the end. Taehyung pinches her cheek playfully.

"Do you know each other?" Jungkook looks at them, feeling like some kind of third wheel.

Minna's cheeks are colored a light pink and she looks at the floor, shy. Taehyung places his hand on her shoulder.

"We have hang out a couple of times," he explains, "and sometimes I come to buy coffee here, it's delicious… we had a lunch date some days ago, and this week we'll have another, right Minni?"

Jungkook is about to answer something when the doors open again, and Seokjin and Jimin come in without having idea of what's going on. Just going there because Yoongi and Namjoon texted them some hours ago.

Namjoon kneels the instant they enter and pulls out a small black velvet box from his pants. "Kim Seokjin, do you want to marry me?"

Seokjin's eyes fill with tears and Yoongi's eyes fill with hate.

"Kim ing Namjoon, what do you think you’re ing doing?"

Namjoon ignores him, "I love you, Jin-ah."

“THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR JIMIN YOU TARD!”

“Namjoon! You made this all for me?” Seokjin completely ignores Yoongi.

“No, he didn't! It was my ing idea and it was for Jimin!”

No one seems to listen to Yoongi, because seconds after, Namjoon shout a very loud “Yes, this is all for you, baby!”

An outraged Yoongi drops to the floor, not caring about the crack of his nose, hoping that Lucifer would appear at some corner of the cafeteria and take him straight to hell.

Jimin walks to Yoongi's side, the latter still on the floor, and lets out a very annoyed "How romantic is Namjoon hyung, not like other boyfriend that I know, right Yoongi?"

Yoongi says something inaudible, but to Jimin it sounds like a hyena giving birth. But something else catches his attention, in a corner of the cafeteria was a person. The person Yoongi had hugged a week before. It’s him! It’s the man that was with Yoongi one week ago! 

"And who are you?" He points him with his index finger, walking quickly towards him. He must learn who is Jimin. 

“Me?” The man points at himself “I’m Yoongi’s older brother.”

“Eh?”

“You must be his boyfriend Jimin! He was extra excited for doing this for you, seems like it went wrong.” He scratches the back of his head. Jimin is still observing him, without saying nor doing anything. “He called me last week to prepare all of this.”

“Oh my god!” Jungkook screams and everyone’s attention goes to him. “Yoongi hyung is bleeding his brain out!”

 

--

 

Extra because I'm lame and have no life.  

 

YoonMinSeok being scandalous in the cafeteria: 

 

Jimin and Taemin at the club *imagine a ert Yoongi watching them*

 

 

How Minni looks like:

 

Jungkook when Taehyung told him that he was close with Minni: