one.

Let Me Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

To say that Jiyeon wasn't grateful for all the love that she had been receiving from the public would be a lie. 

It was what she had dreamt of ever since she was a child after all.

To stand on stage and appear on the big screen and now that she had somewhat achieved that, it was starting to take a toll on her. 

Both mentally and physically.

The attention on her was just too overbearing. 

But to be fair, it wasn't only her that has all the limelight in the group. Everyone in the group shines as well as she does.

Moongleam - the group that consists of her, Eunseo, Luda and Chengxiao just hits well with the general public the moment they debuted and before they even knew it, they had been on a steady rise into being one of the top girl groups out there.

Securing first places on music shows. 

Climbing up to the top ten in music charts. 

Countless CFs, variety shows, drama and movie offers. 

Jiyeon just happens to be the first one out of the four to break under the attention and it took her three years for it to happen.

So Jiyeon wasn't surprised to hear that she was diagnosed with chronic insomnia during her recent visit to the doctors.

It's been months since she had difficulties in falling asleep despite of how tired she was with her schedules, to the point where she had to rely on sleeping pills to bring her to sleep and if it weren't for Eunseo who had been pushing her to see the doctor for her worsening condition, Jiyeon would've probably continued attending the schedules arranged for her without any complaints. 

A soft sigh escapes from her lips as she stares at the pink luggage that she hauls along with her at the airport. 

Honestly, Jiyeon could just return to her hometown back in Daegu and spend her days there until she feels better but apparently, her manager thinks that returning to her hometown would pretty much be the same as her staying in Seoul since people are bound to recognize her anyway and will most likely not leave her alone.

But her manager kinda has a point, so here she is, on her way to some village in Europe - a small town along the coast of Spain to be exact, because people are less likely to know her there and she could spend her days without a care and take a break from all the limelight.

Why Spain you say? 

Well. It was the first country that comes up on the result of her online search and Jiyeon figures that there would be no harm in her going there anyway.

Jiyeon flashes a tired smile with her eyes at the staff behind the counter - who's checking her in for her flight, lips hidden behind the black mask that covers the lower half of her face. 

Judging from the glint in the staff's eyes the moment Jiyeon hands her passport to her, the girl probably recognizes her too. 

A part of Jiyeon could only wish that the staff would be professional enough not to stir up any weird rumors about her once her break is made known to the public.

She's had her fair share of ty rumors circulating about her on the internet. 

Her being sponsored by some rich businessman.

Her getting spotted at some pub - which is famous for men picking up girls.

Her dating member 'J' from some famous boy group that starts with the letter 'B' - which doesn't make sense really, with how she had never even went on a date with any men from the industry and that the supposedly rumored member romantically linked with her is basically gay (pretty much an open secret in the industry).

Men, men, men.

Oh, if only they knew the real Kim Jiyeon that hides behind those facade.

Jiyeon threads her fingers through her hair as she makes her way to the gate, glancing at the time on her wristwatch. 

12.15 pm.

It's going to be a long flight and she needs her fix of caffeine.

 

-

 

If there is one word that could perfectly describe Kim Hyunjung, it would be ' catastrophe '.

She does things as she pleases and is pretty much a free spirit - as per described from one of her beloved friends, Sojung.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter