The Taste of Betrayal

The Prince of Darkness & The Blood Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Century Ago…

A loud snarling was heard in an unknown island in the east. A man bared his fangs as he yelled angrily to vampires in the room.

“What the hell is going on?!”

His loud voice echoed in the room which frightened some of the female vampires.

“My King, we have a problem. It seems like one of our own caused the chaos outside,” Jinu, a trusted King’s bodyguard said worriedly.

“How did it all started?” The King asked.

“I do not know, My King. But based from the men I’ve talked to, the chaos started when more than half of us were asleep. The guards were the only ones awake then. They were slaughtered one by one.”

“But how?! And who were the traitors!”

“My King, we do not know. I was forcefully awakened from my deep slumber by one of the men. He was already injured. I ordered him to lock the ground floor and to gather the vampires and protect it. I went up here to wake you up and the rest. I needed to make sure of your safety,” Jinu explained.

“I do not need to be safe! I need to know who these wretched vampires who dare to destroy my sanctuary!” The King Vampire roared in anger. “Jinu, gather all the council and help them leave the island safely before the dawn breaks.”

“But, My King, how about you?”

“Leave me be. I need to end this. Take the Queen and my son to the underground chamber. Tell them that I will join them once I’m done here.”

Jinu hesitated but bowed. He looked at his king one last time and then proceeded to do his duty. The King, on the other hand, was seething. He walked towards the ground floor were his vampires were guarding the door. When he reached the entryway, he looked at the ashen bodies of his men. He searched the room and saw the culprit.

“You…” the King uttered but before he could say another word, a swift movement on his side took his attention and he felt the pain of the blade slicing his neck as he went down on the floor.

“No!” Jinu screamed on the top floor as he witnessed his king’s head on the floor. He took one last look of the vampires left downstairs and he immediately ran for his life. In vampire speed, he circled the palace, using every secret doorway he knew until he reached the underground chamber. He was sure that even in lightning speed, the other vampire would never be able to catch him. Being the King’s trusted guard has its perks. The secret passageway of the palace was something he was familiar with. Despite the King’s order, he went down to find him to tell him the bad news. The Queen and their son, Hanbin, were already in ashen state when he went to look for them. He knew the King will likely lose his mind but he didn’t expect that he will die, too, in the hands of the traitors.

Now, he had no choice but to escape from the island. He, along with a few loyal councilmen and guards, used the underground waterways to escape the island. He reached the boat in no time and ordered the evacuation of the surviving vampires. He didn’t know what to do next. His only hope was when the chaos passed; he can return and see what else was left of the royal family.

After a few days and nights of hiding underground in one of the small islands in the vicinity, Jinu and a few of his trusted comrades ventured back to the palace underground. Jinu then learned that the palace was taken over by the traitors. And he was sure that no one from the royal family had survived. But to make sure, he and his men secretly checked the holding cells in the other side of the islands. And as expected, there were no vampires taken as a prisoner from the King’s line.

When all hope was lost, Jinu and his men decided to leave the island by going back to the underground waterway. But before they reached the boat, Jinu stopped and remembered something important.

The Son.

The King’s other son. His eldest.

Jinu then hurriedly changed direction towards the underground mausoleum. His men followed him. One of them asked him about the change of course. Jinu explained to them about something they all forgot. The King and his family may be dead now but there’s still someone left. And he hoped it’s not too late. He hoped that no traitors figured out that they forgot someone else.

As they reached the mausoleum, the other guards realized who Jinu was trying to find. All of them got worked up. They headed towards the secret tomb of the King’s family. When Jinu opened the door, the black and gold egyptian coffin of every royal family was opened and empty except for one – the one in the far back of the room.

"But Jinu...are you sure this is a good idea? The Prince was put to sleep by the King to avoid chaos," one of the guards reminded him.

"I know...but right now he is the only royal family left. We need him to survive," JInu said. "We just have to find a way for him not to lose control when he learns about his family's fate."

"He was never known for his control," one of the vampire guards added.

"That's true. But we can't leave him here. If they learn of his existence in this chamber, they will kill him in his sleep."

"But why didn't they realize they left o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter