Final

Love at the Detention Room

"Leave your bag under the table and make sure you don't have your phone with you." The teacher said sternly as soon as he entered the detention room. Yixing fixed his glasses first and placed his bag at the designated area.


He looked around the room and realized that there were only three people in the cold room. How Yixing managed to get here in the first place was not his fault.


It was the man who was already sitting at the back, smirking triumphantly at him. His blood was boiling at the fact that he, a senior student at the top of his class, a member of the maths and dance club, had landed a detention just few weeks before his graduation.


"I am disappointed, Mr. Zhang. How did you put yourself in detention when you are only 5 weeks away from your graduation." The teacher remarked while Yixing grunted. He didn't want to count on how many teachers had said that to him on his way to detention. He got it, he was the perfect student in their eyes and the ideal student that they want to teach. But this is just a detention, why were they over reacting?


"I'm sorry, ma'am." He murmured apologetically. He used to have a spotless record, now all thanks to the guy who was still smirking at him, it was ruined.
The teacher let out a deep sigh, "you have a perfect record, Mr. Zhang. Because of your great academic career and awards you brought for the school, the principal and the teachers decided not to record this detention. However, you will be a library assistant until the day before your graduation."


Yixing's eyes lighted up at that, "thank you very much, ma'am!" He said as he bowed several times.
She nodded, "we all hope this is your first and last detention. Take your seat, I expect both of you to get along by the end of detention." She concludes, "behave boys, I'll be at the next room." The door shut with a slam and a chair squeaked, Yixing's boiling with anger again.


The man traded his smirk with a grin and propped his elbows up at Yixing's desk, "hey, sweetcheeks, stop pouting. Your record is still flawlessly perfect, you should celebrate."


"What do you want, Kim?" He asked in a controlled voice as he tried to move away from his annoying face. The man cocked his head to the side, darted his tongue out to his lips and leaned more to get closer to Yixing.


"Your number and address would be nice," he drawled in a deep, velvety voice. Yixing was cringing. "Zhang Yixing."


"Kim Jongin," Yixing showed his biggest, fakest smile, "never in this lifetime you would get my number and address. Thanks for almost ruining my academic career, by the way."


Jongin stretched out his right arm to pat Yixing's head, "you are always welcome, angel pie." He winked, but in Yixing's eyes he looked stupid...
Stupidly handsome. Kim Jongin was the embodiment of trouble, danger, - judging by his entire look. Although they were both wearing their uniforms, Jongin wore tighter sleeve shirt and pants. Both of his ears were surrounded by different types of earrings. His hair was in chestnut color. He was the guy every woman would want. A man that all women wanted to tame.


Jongin's grin started to got wider and wider, loving the fact that he was being stared at.


Yixing glared at him and swatted Jongin's hand that was still on his head, "Kim," he started, "we never talked at the dance club and I know I never did something to you. I don't know what you're getting from this but I hope you won't bring me again to detention, because next time, they would really put detention on my record. So let's keep a distance between us, shall we?"


Jongin widened his eyes in dramatic manner, "but darling! I don't want to put distance between us! I want to be near you forever."


"Oh my god." Yixing massaged his temples, "what's wrong with you, Kim?"


"Nothing's wrong with me, sugar lips. It's you who has a problem, just accept that we will be together forever."


Yixing was mortified. Yes, he had known Jongin since he was a freshman when he joined the dance club. But they never interacted because for unknown reason, Jongin would get away from Yixing as far as possible. He was never offended by it, assuming that he was a person that Jongin never liked, so he proceeded to ignore him. But now, he was suddenly flirting at him? Jongin was constantly surrounded with men and women, did the taller man thought he would gladly jump into his harem? Nah ah.


"Kim, I have no interest with a person who almost ruined my record." 

 

He raised his arms in defense, "you're blaming me that I got you into detention? That's a big accusation, princess. If I remember correctly, you're the reason we're both in detention."


Yixing was fuming, "you caused it! If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here!"


Jongin grinned devilishly, "oh baby, want me to recall what happened at lunch? And then let's decide who's to blame, okay? If it's me, I will put distance between us, as you said. But..." he his lips, "if it's you, I'll take you out on dates. As many times as I want." He hummed and thrummed his fingers at the desk, "you were eating lunch and I saw your beautiful face," Yixing buried his face in his hands, he was gonna die. "I walked over and sat in front of you."


"Stop stop stop!" Yixing bellowed, Jongin only laughed mercilessly.


"I asked you a question, out of curiosity." He shrugged.


"Kim, stop." He threatened.


Ignoring Yixing, Jongin continued, "why, honey? I just said I know you're into dancing, why don't you spend a little time showing me just how flexible you are?"


Yixing needed to punch someone in the face, preferably the person in front of him.


"And then angel Yixing shouted 'go to ing hell, Kim'. And there were teachers who heared you loud and clear. This is entirely your own doing, babe." He winked as a finale.


"It was a creepy question!"


"It was a pick up line!"


Yixing gawked at him and before he could retort, Jongin pinched his cheeks. Hard. "Awwww you blushing?" He teased.


"Am not!" He yelled while massaging his abused cheeks.


Jongin laughed softly, "Yixing, I'm sorry for that bad pick up line-"


"It was really bad." Yixing agreed.


"Really bad," he concluded, "but I was desperate! I needed a conversation starter. I never talked to you for three years-"


"No . You hate me."


"Because I was shy. What the hell, Yixing! I never hated you. In fact, I have a big fat crush on you." Jongin rubbed the back of neck, "I don't wanna talk to you because I don't want to embarrass myself."


Yixing stared at him, wide eyed. Then he blinked a few times. "Who? Me? What? Why?"


"You're the star of the school, Yixing. Of course everybody wants to be with you." Yixing continued to stare at him blankly, "oh my god, you have no idea how popular you are, aren't you?"


He squinted at him, "no." 

 

Jongin could only chuckle, "Yixing, you're the kindest and most beautiful person I've seen in my entire life. You are so beautiful it hurts me everytime I see you. And when your graduation date was announced, I was so desperate to talk to you. I want to make a lasting impression so you will never forget about me. I just want you to remember me as the Jongin who made a bad pick up line rather than the Jongin who ignored your entire existence. It was never my intention to have you in detention. All I wanted is to make a pick up line and ask you out on a date."


The way Jongin said those sound so sincere that Yixing cannot make a sarcastic remark. The taller was now making puppy eyes at him, Yixing was so ed.


"Okay."


Jongin blinked at him, "okay what, baby?"


Yixing removed his glasses and sigh, "I will let you take me out on a date."


The younger beamed at that, eyes shining like Christmas lights. It made the older wonder how would someone look so happy with his words, Jongin liked him truly after all. "Oh, baby," he gestured Yixing to stand then pulled his arm that him lost his balance, causing him to sit on the younger's lap, Jongin instantly wrapped his arms around the senior's waist, "I can't wait to date you, muffin. I will take you to beautiful places I've been before..." he excitedly shared his favorite places and Yixing found himself that he could get used to this.


"Slow down, lover boy. Let's get out of detention first."


Jongin grinned, "sorry, baby."