The Biggest Gift

THE BIGGEST GIFT

 

Siwon loves mornings like this. It is early in the morning and the weather outside is still fresh. The green lawn is covered with dew and the birds are starting to sing while the sun is slowly warming up the air. Siwon is laying on his side and watches his peacefully snoring husband. Yesung is now almost nine months pregnant and his belly is huge. Their tiny son is inside and Siwon can’t wait to hold him in his hands. Siwon’s eyes are full of love and he watches how is Yesung’s chest steadily rising and falling and from time to time Yesung’s button nose twitches. 

 

After a while he got up and goes to cook breakfast for them. Siwon is still dressed only in his pajamas and walked in their big kitchen. He prepared himself a cup of coffee because he wants to drink his morning dosage of caffeine before Yesung got up. His heavily pregnant husband can’t drink coffee, well there is a long list of things which he can’t eat, so Siwon is eating the forbidden food only when he is alone. Siwon is preparing pancakes with cottage cheese and lots of different fruit and yoghurt. He put everything on the dining table and happily bounces in their bedroom. His sleeping beauty is still fast asleep with three pillows under his back and one pillow between his knees. He is wearing a thin night gown because it is comfortable in this moist summer. Siwon leaned closer to his head and gently brushes his black hair away from his forehead. 

 

“Love, breakfast is ready.”

 

Siwon kissed his cheeks and then his lips landed on Yesung’s pink ones. Yesung stirred around a bit because Siwon’s breath is tickling him on his skin. He slowly opened his eyes and whined because the sun is hurting his eyes. Yesung wrapped his arms around Siwon’s neck and stretched his aching back. 

 

“Good morning my boys.”

 

Siwon kissed Yesung’s baby bump and feels a slight kick coming from their son. 

 

“Do you like your daddy’s voice?”

 

Their son kicks again and Yesung whined. He hates that their baby sees him as some football ball and Siwon is always saying that their son is going to play in football league championship. Yesung doesn’t want to imagine his baby boy being an adult, moreover football can be dangerous and Yesung is going to kill everyone who mistreats him. 

 

“Help us to get up.”

 

Yesung reached his hands toward his husband and wriggled in their bed because he is too heavy to get up on his own. Siwon gently grabs his small hands and pulled him on his feet. Yesung holds his aching back and then froze. He needs to pee, like right now. He is running in the bathroom and quickly pees before getting in the bathtub. Yesung sat down in the tub and the water. The semi warm water is falling down on him and Yesung  tilts his head back. His aching body feels terribly heavy, his feet are swollen all the time and his s hurt. Yesung is looking forward for their perfect tiny baby but for now he wishes to have at least one day without being in pain. He especially wants today to be a day without any pain because today his husband is having birthday. In the evening there is going to be a party with all of their friends and family. His outfit is prepared in their walk-in-closet but for now he needs to dress informal because of their few errands. 

 

Yesung his stomach and he is extra careful around his protruding belly button. After his morning shower Yesung got out of the tub and put on a bathrobe. He dried off his body and then went in their closet. Siwon is already putting on blue jeans and plain white T-shirt. Believe it or not, he still looks so handsome that every women and many men turn around to catch a glimpse of his firm . Siwon kissed his cheeks again and watches Yesung who is choosing clothes. His cute husband decided to wear maternity wrap midi dress in sage green color and then put on pair of white slip on. Now they are ready to eat their breakfast. Yesung is sipping on his warm milk with honey and munches on the delicious food. Siwon is only smiling because he loves when Yesung stuffs his cheeks like this. All the food is gone in few minutes and Yesung silently burped. He got up with huge difficulties and grabs his white bum bag. No one cares if you are wearing clothes for women or men, moreover Yesung is comfortable like this. The weather is hot and carrying their baby around inside his body isn’t an easy task. Yesung slowly waddled to their car and Siwon helped him to get inside. Siwon is driving toward mall where is waiting their changing table from France and it will probably end with another shopping spree. Well, Yesung’s ability to spend thousands of dollars would probably ruin any other men but not Siwon who is from a very rich family. They arrived and Yesung grips the roof handle in their Mercedes to get out of the vehicle. 

 

“We also need to do grocery shopping.”

 

Siwon turned to his husband who is waddling next to him and eats crackers straight from his bum bag. The changing table is great and Siwon goes to put it in their car while Yesung heads in a store with fashion for babies. They already have dozens of cute onesies, tiny shoes and other clothes for their son but Yesung doesn’t have enough. Their baby is going to be the biggest smallest fashionista. Soon Siwon is back and they head in the supermarket. They are walking through the long aisles and Siwon is pushing their trolley while Yesung is shopping. Suddenly a voice from behind them called.

 

“Hi, can I offer you our new pizza rolls with extra cheese?”

 

The girl who is holding a tray with the pizza rolls looks shocked when Yesung turned to her to face her. Siwon has to chuckle because Yesung always freaks out people by the huge bump. Yesung looks petite from behind but the bump is showing his condition. 

 

Yesung is like a cute hungry bear and hurries to her. He is stuffing his cheeks and immediately sent his husband to get the pizza rolls from the freezers. Yesung eats a lot but luckily for Siwon, his weird cravings are gone. Siwon swears that pregnant Yesung is extra weird Yesung. Like taco with peanut butter, spicy chicken with yoghurt and sand, yes sand. Siwon is dragging many bags with food and Yesung is carrying a box of his favorite cereals - Reese’s puffs. They get in their car and deal with few more errands. After finishing their tasks they head in a restaurant to have a lunch. Their waiter is giving mean looks to Yesung but he keeps his mouth shut after seeing the angry husband who is standing behind the pregnant man. 

 

The two sat down and started to choose their food. Yesung is happily drinking his favorite ice tea while keeping a protective hand pressed on his stomach. His son is luckily calm now and doesn’t kick anymore so he can rest. Siwon is smiling on his love who is hiding another love of his live in his body and secretly takes a photo of him. Yesung looks so healthy and happy and Siwon just wants to remember this moment. They are eating slowly and simply enjoy being together alone, the birthday party is going to be noisy with their friends and family. Yesung is ready that everyone is going to touch his belly and ask about name for their son. His mother and mother-in-law are going to torture him with horror stories about giving birth. At least he can be sure that Siwon will try to get them out of there as soon as possible but it is going to be hard. They are very cute couple, they are deep in love and they are going to have a baby so of course that they are in middle of attention of every place where they come. Yesung doesn’t like very noisy and crowded places, he would better spend his evening by watching TV but he knows that Siwon likes parties with his family and friends. So Yesung is going to act happy to make his husband happy.

 

They arrived back home and still have few hours until beginning of the birthday party so Yesung goes to take his afternoon nap and Siwon goes to build the changing table. After finishing his work, Siwon decided to do the laundry and then vacuumed the carper in the living room. Soon he has nothing to do and started to feel lonely. Siwon sneaked in their bedroom and sees that Yesung is still peacefully sleeping, dressed only in a pair of Siwon’s grey shorts and fluffy slippers. Siwon carefully laid down because he doesn’t want to disturb him and only stares on his cute husband. Someone would say that Yesung isn’t cute, after all he is snoring and drooling. Their son is also pushing on his internal organs so from time to time he farts without even registering it. Siwon has never imagined what being pregnant does to body of the mother but what could you expect? In few weeks or days Yesung is going to bring a whole new and tiny human being into this world, he has right to do all of this. 

 

After some time Yesung woke up because he needs to pee again and then rubs his tiny hands against his huge stomach. The baby is putting a huge pressure on his pelvis, every step hurts like a and his sore back doesn’t help. 

 

“Are you going to love me even if I will be fat?”

 

Siwon woke up from his dream about holding their son and got up. He wraps his arms around Yesung and kissed him on forehead. Siwon put his chin on top of Yesung’s head and rubs his back.

 

“I love you more than myself. No matter what.”

 

Yesung smiles a bit and enjoys that his husband is so close to him but then he saw what the time is. He needs to start getting ready for the birthday party. Siwon let go of his cute husband and they go in the bathroom. They get in the bathtub and Siwon started to wash his hair. Yesung is smiling a bit because this is really nice and he loves when he is getting so much attention from his husband. He loves the never ending massages of his swollen feet and sore back, or Siwon’s obsession with massaging body lotion in Yesung’s skin which is stretching to make more space for the baby. 

 

After their bath Siwon helped him out of the tub and Yesung put on a bit of make-up while Siwon is drying his hair. Yesung is already tired and wants to open a bag of potato chips but he still goes in the closet to get dressed. He bought a new dress for this party and it really suits him. 

 

https://cache.net-a-porter.com/images/products/1157800/1157800_fr_pp.jpg

 

Siwon completely loves them and he is a bit sad that he is wearing only a boring navy blue suit but his muscular legs and arms would look stupid. Moreover the pink color is making Yesung even more adorable. They get in their car and ride to Tavolo 24 where are already waiting their friends and family members. Everyone hurries to congratulate to Siwon. Siwon’s father opened a bottle of champagne and everyone got a glass, except for Yesung who has a glass of water with citron and mint leaves. He is smiling but he is suffering inside. The pressure in his abdomen is worse and he feels sick but this evening is only about Siwon who is happily drinking with his friends and family around him. Suddenly Hyukjae, who is already a bit drunk, started to sing Happy Birthday song and others joined him. Even Yesung feels a bit of more energy when he sees how happy is his husband and also started to sing. Suddenly he feels wave of sharp pain in his abdomen and grips his belly bump.

 

“Ahhh!”

 

Everyone froze because this isn’t part of the song. Yesung looks on the floor beneath him and gasped in shock. Water is running down Yesung’s skinny legs and the man looks completely terrified. 

 

“Oh my God! Your waters break right now!”

 

Yesung’s mother is next to her son in few seconds and grabs his hands. Siwon immediately stopped paying attention about the big cake with candles or the guests. He grabs Yesung under armpits and they started to slow walk to their car. They get in the car and Siwon is driving while keeping one hand on Yesung’s knee. Yesung doesn’t feel any pain again but the pressure in his abdomen is a bit bigger. They arrived in the hospital where they decided to give birth few months ago. It is new, modern building with great doctors and cozy rooms. They are admitted and a nurse takes them in their room. She helps to Yesung with getting changed into a pink hospital gown before their doctor came. Doctor Do is a calm man who helped with delivering more than 113 babies, some of the births were easy and some of them were hard for everyone. He sticked few electrodes to Yesung’s ivory white chest and then studies the numbers which are showing his heartbeat. Do nodded in agreement and then fastened a belt with a small box on it around Yesung’s belly. Siwon doesn’t know what is this thing and asked Do who explained that it records how frequent are the contractions and the baby’s heartbeat. Siwon feels secure with this doctor here, he is always so calm and professional that he knows that Yesung and their son are in the best hands. 

 

Everything looks good for now so the doctor left after few minutes. Yesung feels normal again and only every ten minutes he feels tightening which lasts only for dozens of seconds. Heechul, who is their doula, arrived and immediately runs to Yesung. A doula is someone who isn’t a doctor but who is there to support the new mom and dad and he is really great in his job. Heechul is with Yesung since he got pregnant and his job is to make Yesung to feel comfortable. Right now he is massaging Yesung’s shoulders and asks him how he feels. Heechul also brought their hospital bag with clothes and other essential things so at least Yesung can rest under his favorite blanket. Heechul recommended him to get some sleep and started to play with his hair to put him to sleep. It works magically quickly and Yesung is asleep in few minutes. 

 

“How is the daddy doing?”

 

Heechul smiled on Siwon who is silently sitting nearby. The room is silent, only from time to time someone’s steps can be heard from the hallway. Siwon is lulled to sleep by beeping of the heart monitor and sleeps for few hours until Yesung’s whimpering in pain woke him up. He quickly got up from the couch and pressed his palm on Yesung’s back. Siwon sees that the contractions are worse and he is sure that this night is the longest night which he has ever experienced. Yesung is dressed in the hospital gown and his fluffy slippers while taking tiny steps and walking in circles around the hospital bed. The doctors are saying that he isn’t ready yet. A nurse came and inserted a catheter in Yesung’s to keep his bladder empty and then left again. 

 

Yesung isn’t looking so beautiful like usually. His face is red with effort and his eyes are bloodshot, he is exhausted and his son is still trapped in his body. 

 

“Darling, how are you feeling?”

 

Yesung only moaned in pain because everything hurts. His son is probably going to break his pelvis.

 

“Forget about .”

 

Siwon rubs his back and Yesung grips his stomach. This is work of Siwon and his , they did this to him! Another wave of intense pain washed over him and Yesung throws his head back and screams while gripping the white bedsheets. 

 

“In moment you close your eyes, I am going to castrate you.”

 

Yesung sobs in pain and then the pain fade away for moment. Heechul is trying to force Yesung to drink some water but it only makes Yesung angry.

 

“I am not thirsty! Go yourself with the ing cup!”

 

Yesung threw the cup away and yells in pain.

 

“Love, you are doing so well.”

 

Siwon rubs his back but it can’t help to Yesung. The pain is too big and no massage can help to him. Siwon and Heechul carefully moved Yesung in the bathroom which is next to the room and Siwon is supporting Yesung in the shower while Heechul is showering him with semi warm water. At least he isn’t so hot and sticky with sweat but he is so tired. After few minutes they moved Yesung back in the bedroom and he sat down on a yoga mat. Heechul showed Siwon how to massage Yesung’s back to relieve the pain.

 

“I am going to get the doctor.”

 

Heechul left and Siwon started to feel insecure and scared. Is something wrong with Yesung or with the baby? The doctor immediately sees that Yesung is exhausted and it isn’t good. The baby can get stressed too from distress of his mother, moreover there is a big chance that Yesung will be too tired to push. Do does another ultrasound and thinks that he found what is wrong. The baby is the right position but Yesung’s pelvis is too small for him, the baby is stuck and only causes pain to his mother.

 

“The baby’s head is too big to pass through his pelvis. He need a C-section.”

 

Yesung gasped in shock and started to cry. He is so tired and in so much pain that he doesn’t even care that two nurses picked him up and laid him down on a stretcher. Doctor Do is back with injection of epidural and instructed Siwon and Heechul how to hold Yesung still. He stabbed the injection into Yesung’s spine and then goes to change into scrubs. Soon Yesung doesn’t feel any pain and his lower half is numb. He is wheeled in operating theater and doctor Do is already there.

 

“In a while you are going to hold your son.”

 

Do smiled on Yesung who is searching for his husband with his eyes. Siwon is also dressed in scrubs and holds Yesung’s hands. Nurses are rushing around them and doctor Do draped a curtain below his chest. Siwon is gripping Yesung’s hand and keeps his cheeks while also trying to stop himself from fainting. The doctor performs a horizontal incision near the pubic hairline and then they pulled the skin, the muscle and the abdominal cavity aside and Siwon feels sick. He better turned his head back to Yesung and weakly smiled on his husband. Siwon kissed Yesung on forehead and stares on his cute husband. He is nuzzling his hair and whispers in Yesung’s ear that everything is going to be okay. Suddenly a loud cry echoes through the room. 

“Here he is!”

 

Do handed the baby boy to a nurse who examined him and cleaned him a bit. Then she appeared above Yesung with his son in her arms and carefully laid him down on chest of his mother. Yesung started to cry because of the huge load of exhaustion and emotions. His son’s red face and the tiny lips. Everything on him is so perfect. Siwon is amazed and only carefully brushes tips of his fingers against the few black hair on his son’s head.

 

“Hello Kyu.”

 

Siwon started to cry too while the doctor is removing placenta and stitched the wound. Heechul carefully laid the baby in his basinet and then carefully picked up Yesung. 

 

“It is time to bath the mommy.”

 

He is smiling on him and Siwon helped him to wash Yesung’s limp body while his husband is fast asleep. Siwon’s cheeks hurt from smiling so widely and he can’t even sleep. He can only stare on sleeping Yesung and their son. It is almost lunch time when Yesung woke up. His abdomen hurts and Heechul put an ice pack on the wound. The baby boy is unusually calm and woke up with soft whining. Heechul handed him to Yesung who is holding the baby close to his s. The baby immediately starts to drink and Heechul opened few boxes with food which he cooked while he was sleeping. Yesung eats only a tiny bit because he feels sick and then he is watching his son again. Kyuhyun is sleeping again and Siwon the tiny hand in soft mitten. 

 

“He is the most perfect baby in the whole history.”

 

Yesung smiled and then lifted his head because he heard clicking of Siwon’s phone. The man secretly took a picture of his little family and hides his phone only to face frowning Yesung. 

 

“Delete it! I look terrible.”

 

It is true that Yesung’s hair is sticking to every direction and his face is white with black circles under his eyes but for Siwon he is the most beautiful person in the whole universe. Siwon kissed his pretty lips and suddenly someone is knocking on the door. Unfortunately Siwon’s parents are here and his nosy mother immediately scoffed.

 

“C-section isn’t the true labour, it is for weaklings.”

 

Yesung hung his head down and tries to keep calm. He isn’t going to make her happy with his tears. 

 

“Well mother, head of MY son was to big to go through pelvis of MY husband. But you can leave if you want.”

 

She is shocked by rudeness of her son and shut while Yesung smirked. Kyuhyun also doesn’t like this mean grandmother and squirms in his soft blanket when she wants to hold him. Siwon’s father could hold his grandson and can’t wait for pampering him. He also knows that he needs to drag his wife away before she can say another comment to hurt Yesung. Soon they are alone again and Yesung gives the baby to his husband. He still feels very tired and the stitches are itchy so he closed his eyes and hopes that when he wakes up again, it will be better. 

 

Siwon is standing next to the hospital bed and cradles his tiny son. The baby yawned and Siwon loudly cooed because that was the cutest thing which he has ever seen. He knows that there is no way how he can repay this biggest gift which Yesung gave him. It was a miracle when they found out that Yesung is one of the rare men who can get pregnant and then it really happened. Siwon can give all of his love and care to his husband and son but he isn’t sure if it is enough. He will give his whole heart to them, he will work hard to pamper them and Siwon is sure that there are going to be many happy moments. He is going to watch his son’s first steps, his baby boy will say his first word. Siwon knows that he has to enjoy the years when his son won’t be rude to his father and won’t spend more time with his friends than with his old parents. And who knows, maybe that he will persuade Yesung to give a sibling to Kyuhyun.

 

 

 

AN: Sorry, I don’t know why I lately like this kind of stories so much.