Prologue

Call from the Past

On the bus.

“Can’t wait to take lots of pictures and post them online.” Luhan, who was seated next to Kyungsoo said giddily and giggling like five years old.

“Baek, why is he our groupmates?” Kyungsoo whined while Luhan glared at him. Baekhyun decided to ignore both of them and pretending to fall asleep.

“To answer your question, Do Kyungsoo, Mr. Kang was the one who insists to make sure that I team up with the both of you,” Luhan sassily said while they were walking.

Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes and tried his best to ignore Luhan’s blabbered.  

 

In reality, the three of them are close to each other. They have been friends since middle school, graduated from the same high school and got accepted in the same college. Although the three of them are studying in the same college, they are majoring in a different course. Luhan is majoring in architecture, specifically in exterior design. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun both take art but Kyungsoo is leaning more towards literature whereas Baekhyun is more on music and theatre.

Due to their different schedules, they barely had time to hang out with each other.

However, it changes when fate decided to reunite them in the History class. History happened to be one of the universities required courses that students need to pass for them to be able to graduate. Coincidentally, the three of them sign up for the same semester and they are excited as they finally have the chance to share the same class. Although Kyungsoo might act like he didn’t like it, but he was the first one to notice Baekhyun and Luhan in the class and greeted them first.

It was also quite surprising during the sorting of the group members.

Mr. Kang appeared to be a very firm and strict lecturer and he preferred to decide who will be in which group. So, they were taken by surprise when Mr. Kang placed them in the same group. He had given them their first task and it was quite challenging. Their assignment is to analyze the historical place that had been left for many years. He had assigned each group to a specific place to avoid redundancy. Fortunately, all the places that he gave took place in Korea thus it saved a lot of energy and money.

As for the three friends, they were assigned to a place named Oasis Palace, that even themselves didn’t know existed.

Little did they know, the palace that they were going was hidden far from any other places. A palace that holds many histories that is yet to be revealed to the world and definitely a place that will change their lives.