The Answer.

You are my Beginning.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There's only one to choose. 

 

Eunji and I have known each other for so long, she was with me with every decisions I am afraid to make in my life.

Eunji was my first friend in college, I remember her standing at the door with her wide and bright smile, all geared up for the first day of school. I still remember her wearing that plaid longsleeves, blue jeans and that heavy busan accent as she introduced herself to me. I prefer to be alone, but Eunji was the opposite of my interest. All through out our university years Eunji was there beside me, celebrating valentines together, christmas, new year and every birthday. not once she failed to attend, not even once. Eunji was basically with me for the longest not just during celebrations but also everytime my anxiety in talking infront of many people, even on my downfall in life, where I felt I made the wrong decsions in life.

"Sometimes, the wrong choices takes you to the right place" Eunji comfortingly said to Chorong as she pats the head of the lonely girl who was hardly sobbing at the stair steps of their university.

Eunji knows how to do the little things, complementing the small details i tried to make myself pretty.

"Chorong, you finally got to wear those medals and held that diploma up high! congratulations!" Eunji happily said to chorong, this time with a seoul accent that she have adapted over the years.

"Hey its not like I was the only one who achieved something great today! Congratulations to you, too. Congratulations to us." Chorong aswered as she pulled Eunji for a hug. Her arms wrapped at Eunji's waist.

"I liked that you hugged me first, I was planning to do this but since were already here at this point... I think you should stay still" Eunji cooly said, making chorong a bit confused.

"there. fits well, looks pretty." Eunji whispered as she managed to put a necklace with a pendant on chorong's neck as a gift for their graduation.

She was consistently doing this little but touching surprise since the day we met in college until we were graduating for college. And even when the reality for us began.

 

On the other hand, Bomi. Yoon Bomi, my work mate, She's a music producer in our company and I was an aspiring singer and lyricist. But thats not what I work for, I am a communications manager in this entertainment company. Funny twists of fate, right? I was once the opposite of that outgoing girl with a busan accent. and now I engage with different people for business. I guess the choices I made are really crazy.

Yoon Bomi was new to my life, but there was never a day she failed to make me laugh. I feel like making me laugh everyday was her hobby that turned into a habit.

"Big day today?" the music producer appeared with a playful smile in front of chorong's desk. "Hm" The communication's manager nodded "concept proposal presentation for the team building of the company" a followed answer from chorong with a voice full of worries.

"Fighting! I know you can do it." Bomi cheerfully said. "I was asked to come and join the meeting so I'll be there to hear the concept you worked hard for." she added with a smile and walked slowly away as she reassures chorong that she will be able to do it. She can do it.

"I thought I have already overcome this. My fear in big and spacious rooms, My fear of talking in front of many people. Its coming back, my fear is coming back. I hope you're here right now Eunji" Chorong whispering to herself with her eyes closed, thinking that it would help her relax before the presentation.

Chorong bravely started presenting her ideas in front of the directors and employees, in the middle of her concept presentation her stage fright struck her once again. "...and for us to have a strong bond to be able to work harmoniously my concept is uh.. my concept for... for us... employees" chorong gulped, nervously standing in front of everyone, her mind went blank unable to say her thoughts. seeing the crowd whispering at each other, getting confused as to what is happening made her even more nervous and had no idea on what to do. Chorong wanting to run out of embarrasment, until a voice from the back was heard.

"Miss Park's concept is to have a leisure activity in Jeju Island, activities such as physcial and mind games, that will help us build trust from each of our colleagues, team games that will help us be able to build a strong  foundation of decision makings, that will help us create majority of good choices in work, in life and to  our future. Sorry I read her paper on her desk... and this meeting is taking so long, im getting hungry" Bomi told everyone as she scratches the back of her head with a wide and playful smile"

 

 "Thank you" chorong told bomi. "for what?" the playful girl replied. "for saving me out there earlier"

"thats nothing, anything for you chorong" Bomi sincerely told Chorong  as she looked into her eyes, for the first time ever Chorong saw Bomi's eyes, sparkling with sincerity.

-----

Eunji and I had a special connection, for me, Eunji is the old brush that knows every corner of my soul. she's the person who knows me best. from my most favorite down to my hatest.

on a cold rainy night chorong's phone loudly buzzed in a silent room

"chorong" it was a text message from eunji

"a random text in the middle of the night. what do you need jeong eunji?" chorong replied

"i got your favorite" a fast reply from the girl

"huh? what are you talking about?" chorong confusedly replied

"nothing, suddenly it rained and i just felt that you are sad, so i got chicken feet and a couple of beer for us  hurry up and open the door i dont want to ring your oldschool loud doorbell and wake your whole neighborhood up"

Eunji was right, I get sad during rainy nights.

 

Somehow with Bomi, I found myself wanting to get to know myself more. I've gotten to know what my self really dreamed for.

"Did you all know that when Park Chorong was still trying trying to apply in our company I read her resume that she aspires to be a singer and lyricist" Hyun soo the human resource manager said, as the employees were gathered around the bonfire during their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter