Dear Diary

Mysterious Classmate

Hi! Dear diary, it's me Donghae! How long since I last wrote this? I don't know... hmm probably about 6 months? I forgot about this diary's existence! ><. Flipping back at the previous pages, I realized, I wrote so many random stuffs and I'm sure I stopped writing this until a new friend came in. 

So! Today, I'm gonna write a story about this friend. I want to remember every details of how I met him. I will let my future children to read and my future children's children will read this. I want tell everyone in my generation about this friend! His name is Lee Hyukjae. 

 

​​​Let's start! HERE WE GO!!

It was first day of school after two months of holiday. A new year, a new resolution. I was reading a book while waiting for the teacher to come in. Can't waste any second, since I'll be having SATs and college entrance exam this year. It was not until the teacher asked for our attention. 

Being a good student, I obeyed to my teacher. I looked to the front and realised there was a new kid beside my teacher. By the way, our teacher name is Mr. Siwon. He is our homeroom teacher. The new kid seems timid honestly. Mr. Siwon smiled at each of everyone of us and invited the new kid to come forward to introduce himself. 

He was strange, I couldn't take my eyes off him. He possessed such a pale skin, with a pair of lifeless eyes and thin and fragile body. One flick, he would stumble with that figure. The new kid barely introduced himself. I couldn't hear anything! Not his name, or where he came from or why he decided to move. Furthermore, who will be in their right mind to wear a long sleeve shirt, layered with a long sleeve jacket, a hat that almost cover his face and with long pants in this season? It was summer duh.. 

I'm not interested to engage with him. Not to mention to be his friend! Never! He is a weirdo. My life may be boring and normal, but at least, I'm not as weird as him. He walked through the aisle in our classroom. There was thousands of empty seat in the room, but instead, he chose to seat in a dark corner at the end of the class. 

I peeped to look at the new student, he was hiding his face whenever there's a light beam hitting his face. Could he probably hates the sunlight? Does he likes rain too? I wanted to ask, but, I don't have the courage yet. So, I let it be. 

As day passed by, rumors started to spread around the school. 

"Hey do you know the new kid from class 5-A?" 

"Yea why?"

"Don't you know? I heard his parents is the last descendant of the Vampire family" 

Hearing those kind of rumors from one of the best school in town kinda tickle me y'know? I mean, Vampire? Do they even exist at the first place? I just ignored those kind of gossips. Oh there were more!. 

Some said that the new kid is an illegitimate child. His mom was a hostess in a bar. She frequently hang out with man to earn some side income. I was not sure with the truth, but, that's what I heard from my friends. 

The rumors just getting worse, I felt sympathy for the new kid. He's a mystery guy, I admitted it. But, bullying people is unacceptable. Especially a weak guy like him. He barely have any friend, so please just leave him alone for God's sake. I wished I'm that brave to splurt it out. But, I can only see from the furthest distance and do nothing about it. Thinking back, oh! how petty am I? 

It's been a month since the new kid transferred, rumors are spreading like fire! I could write a dramatic novel and sold millions of it using all these made up stories. 

°°°°° 

We were supposed to go to the science lab after recess, but I entered the class late because, I helped a teacher during recess. By the time I arrived in class, it was empty. I rushed to grab my study stuffs. While I was rushing, the new kid entered the class, he was holding a red fluid in a mineral bottle. I was in rush, so, I didn't care less about it. 

But wait! When the sun shone inside our class, I could see his hidden face clearly. Black eyes, pointy nose, pinkish lips with a pale-pink skin. His hair was messy at the front, covering most of his forehead. He was honestly SUPER DUPER CUTEE! <3. A living strawberry milk I could say.Why would he hides his perfect face? Did he do a surgery to get all those features? And he doesn't want anyone to know about it? 

Ah! What am I thinking about?! Mind your own business, Donghae! I sighed and continued to grab my things. 

"Why are you staring at me?", the new kid said with a gloomy voice, suits his sullen expression tho!

"Uh...", I was thinking the right word. Come on Donghae!, "... Oh, do you know where's the science lab is? Maybe I could show you---". 

He cut me off. I was in a shock state. Did he just cut me off? Why? He's a heartless 'vampire'. Sparks my idea to spread a new hot story huh?. 

Let's think positive Donghae, maybe, he just doesn't want to communicate with anyone due to the wildfire rumors. I sympathise him. 

Oh ! I'M 20 MINUTES LATE!! 

°°° 

I'm not sure where it started, but, I became interested with him. I'm not gay. My ual orientation is straight as a ruler. But, I couldn't resist him. He was so calm eventhough the rumors were getting worse day by day. I want to know how he stayed calm? Why he never report to any teacher? Why won't he change when he knew the rumors were causes my his current self?. I wanted to know the answer so much!, but the way he cut me off the other day, it's better to keep the questions to myself and answer it by myself. 

Sometimes I stalked him. Observing him has became a routine for me. Some of his habits were : 

1) During recess, he would be somewhere quiet where he can be alone. 

2) He likes to drink a red liquid from his water bottle. What's the content tho?

3) He avoids sun like I avoid doing my homework

4) Never go for PE, but teacher never scold him. 

These were some of his habits I gathered. 

Being gobbled by the curiosity, I made up my mind to meet the new kid to confront and asked him about himself, including his mystery name. 

I knew a place where students will never step a foot during recess, it's the classroom itself!

Curiosity kills the cat, I regretted everything. I should mind my own business. I opened the classroom's door and saw the new kid drenched with a red liquid, his eyes were glowing and there were some droplets of red liquid around his pale-strawberry-like face. It just made the red liquid to be more obvious. 

I was stunned. He was stunned. Silence accompanied us. I finally understand it. He's a blood vampire. The rumors were true. 

"I... I--"

I cut him like what he did to me. I didn't want to hear anything. I'm scared. It was beyond my expectation. I hope the door behind me stays open, so I won't be his next meal. He got up and tried to reach me. I didn't think anything back then, I wanna live, build a family, and have him as my friend (yes, that was what I thought back then!), so, I dashed out from the room and went to somewhere crowded. 

Panting heavily. I reached the canteen with sweats and fears in my eyes. People were looking and me, strangely. I calmed my breathing and went to the office. I requested to go home earlier. I didn't want to see the 'vampire' anymore. Discovering he was drinking a blood in the class, that is his biggest secret! I'm in danger. He might do anything at me. I don't want that. 

I'M HAUNTED BY A BLOOD VAMPIRE. 

Mom had been worry sick about me. I didn't eat anything since I came back from school. It's not like I'm protesting or what, It's just, I'm busy searching for information about vampire to dig the mysterious new kid's secret. 

Mom entered my room when her knocks didn't receive any answer from me. 

"What are you doing?" 

I didn't answer. My eyes were fixed at the screen. Mom approached me from behind and saw my laptop screen. 

"You should be studying not searching for some mythical creature".

Yes! Mom can be pretty savage. I smiled sheepishly and asked her whether she believes in it or not. 

"The world is full of mystery, Hae. We never knew whether this mythical stuff exists or not. Do you think scientists believe dinosaur exists at the first place until they discovered it? It just the matter of time until someone discover them. They might be nearer to us than we thought"

It hit me. I held dearly to those words. Thanks to these words, my curiosity went bigger. 

When mom left the room, I continued to search about vampire more. I found an interesting info which I can use later. 

I went downstairs and pleaded mom to cook garlic fried rice for me tomorrow. She said yes and I jumped and hugged him. I have the best mother in the whole world. 

 

~~~ *Donghae putting some random washi tape since he feels fancy* 

 

I brought my mom's garlic fried rice to school. During recess, I waited in the class until everyone left to the canteen. 

He was being cautious with me. I approached him. He didn't move any inch from that place. I took out my hand. 

"Hi. My name is Donghae what's yours?" 

He hesitated for a while, but, he did welcomed my hand. 

"Uh..um.. my name is Lee Hyukjae.", he murmured under his breath. 

I leaned closer to hear whatever he tried to said. It annoyed me the most about him. Why can't he have a bit of confidence in himself? 

He moved backwards as I move forward to him. 

"STAY!", I demanded him as I was tired with this kind of behaviour. 

"What's your name again?" 

"LeeHyukjae" 

"Louder please" 

"... LEEHYUKJAE", he lowered down his hat to cover his blushing face. 

So, that was how I met and knew the vampire's name. 

I offered him to eat together with me. He declined it at first. Maybe to hide himself from drinking blood infront of others. But, using my puppy eyes, no one can resist it and he ate together with me that day. 

I squealed and told him a lot about myself. It felt like we've known each other for a long time. Hyukjae was just listening and reacted on every stories of mine. 

When I opened my lunch box, I can see he was swallowing his saliva hard. Yes! It really proof he's a vampire. I wanted to gather as many proof as I can before spilling the facts to everyone. I don't like gossiping, but I think everyone should know about it. He might go attacking other students if his blood run out of stocks. 

"Do you want to taste a little?", I gave the lunch box to him. He took several bites and he rolled his eyes to me. 

"This is delicious. Did you made it by yourself?".

I shook my head. "No, it was my mother"

Unknowingly, I watched him finish my lunch box. Nothing happened yet. Maybe it just need some times for the effect to kick in. Different people have different level of imunity right? 

We finished our recess just like that. I felt such a waste of time. Nothing happened. I should spend my recess time with my friend, not with this blood vampire. 

Later at night, I continued with my vampire investigation. 

 

♡♡♡ *Donghae drawing a border inside his diary cause he feels fancy today* 

 

I arrived early in the morning. No one inside the class yet. I quickly do my thing before anyone see. I sprinkled some silver dust inside ths class especially on Hyukjae's place. But, i made it not visible to our eyes since teacher will assume it's dust and ask us to swipe the class. 

As expected, he arrived first. Just before the sunrise. From what I've read, vampire can turn to ashes when they are exposed to sunlight. 

He greeted me. I smiled back to him. He's being a bit more active today. He went to my table and asked me to teach him algebra. I taught him until the sun rose. He covered his face with the hoodie and went back to his dark corner place. I wanted to go to his place but, my other classmates began to enter the class. I don't want to be pointed as sissy having a relationship with a guy like him. 

The day went smoothly. Nothing happened. Do vampire really scared of silver?. Guess, it is time for me to correct some facts about vampire on Google. 

 

■■■ 

 

He was eating my garlic fried rice and my cinnamon tea again. But as usual nothing happened to him. It's been two weeks, I'm getting frustrated. Couldn't collect any evidence. It is my last try before I give up everything.

"Hyukjae! Look at this". I showed my brand new perfume which I bought yesterday.

Actually, it was a insect repellent spray, I transferred it inside my used perfume bottle. Vampire came from a bat family, I didn't manage to find any bat repellent, so I grabbed an insect repellent. 

He took my perfume. "Can I try this Donghae?". I couldn't remember since when he began to use my name. He used to listen, but now, he began to talk and ask for something. Where is the timid mysterious new kid I knew? 

He sprayed. He covered his nose after that and shoved the bottle to me. 

"Oh ... I'm sorry hyukjae. It's the wrong bottle. This is for my science experiment". 

He furrowed at me. 

Finally I did it. He hates this repellent. I won this. I hide a hidden camera to record this moment. Now, my mission is accomplished. I have the evidence. Hyukjae ran to the bathroom. Whatever he did there was not my business. After all, I won't see him again. My two weeks plus of getting evidences finally paid off. 

°°° 

I stopped talking to Hyukjae. I never spend our recess together again since that day. It's been a week since then. I continued my life like usual. No searching about vampire, just studying and hanging out with some friends. No more asking mom to cook me a garlic fried rice every morning. No more being a spy to stalk anyone. No more arriving early in the morning. It felt bored at first, but things take time. 

I was walking with some of my friends when I felt a sharp eyes behind my back. I turned back, I saw Hyukjae was peeping at me at the end of the coridor. Does he wanted a revenge for leaving him behind? I nearly forgot he's a vampire and I just messed with a vampire. But, I didn't share that video of him being disturbed with a mere repellent yet. I told my friend that I need to go to the toilet. 

Sure I wasn't being watched, I pulled Hyukjae to dark store room in our school. Just beside the toilet. Our toilet is a bit bright for him. Wasn't sure when did I started to care about this vampire so much. 

"What do you want Hyukjae?"

He was looking down and brushing his knees together, "I... I uh.. I wanna invite you to my birthday party.."

"Birthday party?"

"Yes.. my birthday is on this 4/4 so my mom gonna do a small celebration for it.. I wish you can come. We will prepare you a lot of sweets and cakes.".

Despite being scared of being served some fresh blood or being alive in his house, I agreed to go to the party. He jumped with joy and hugged me. 

I wouldn't forgot the smell. It's mixed with a strawberry and peach punch. The fragrance was overwhelming. Do vampire smell this nice? I should google on how to steal a vampire clothes later. 

"Hey hey..", I slowly pushed him to have some distance between us, but the fragrance was too strong. I began to lose my consciousness. I nibbled and bite his ear. He jolted and pulled himself out. I gained my consciousness and realised my doings. WHAT THE HECK DID YOU JUST DONE LEE DONGHAE?!

"I-- i... I'm.. so..sorry Hyukjae. It just you smell like fruit and I was hungry hehe". Yes. That was the only thing I managed to say. He was covering his red ear. There was an awkward silence between us. 

"Um.. I have some fruits in my bag. If you're hungry I can give it to you". 

"Uh.. yes". 

Great Donghae. Did you just ask something from a vampire who you planned to expose him earlier?. How pathetic are you? 

He gave me a tuppeware full of fruits. Watermelon, honeydews, strawberry and blueberries. I took a watermelon and its water dripped down through my arms and my pants. Hyukjae being panic, as usually, he spontaneously grabbed a tissue and hastily rubbed my arms and my pants (my thigh and my sensitive part). Conclusion, he is not a blood vampire, he's a erted vampire!. Help. 

"Hey it's enough. I'm a straight guy ok", I blushed hard. 

"Uh..???" 

The second hand embarrassment hit me when he seemed clueless about it. Now, he's an innocent erted vampire huh?. 

"No.. uh... do you love fruits?"

He nodded his head and began his blabbering about fruits he likes and doesn't. 

~~ 

I was confused. Been standing there for several minutes. Which one should I choose for him?. I didn't know his size, so I can't buy any clothing. I don't know his hobby, or what he doesn't like. What he prefers. I knew nothing about him. I never felt this stressed before. 

A girl around my age approached me. "What are you looking at?". 

"I was looking for a present for my guy friend, but I can't seem to choose anything". 

The girl offered her help. She bought me to a shop which I was embarrassed to go in. I turned red seeing the shop was selling. But, I did choose something for him and thanked the kind girl for helping me. 

I went to Hyukjae's house. I was warmly welcomed by his family. His mom hugged me and invited me to eat. She even showed and described everything about the dishes. It's was a small celebration. I was the only friend he invited over. Honestly, I felt special. Her mom treated every guest nicely, including me. She asked Hyukjae to bring me up to his room to play something. I followed him upstairs to his room. 

Weird, I couldn't find any trace of blood. They were so good in hiding it. Maybe I should enjoy this party and ignore the fact that this is a vampire family. 

His house is big. It was a three storey house. His room is as big as my living room. I entered his room. It was dark, there was a king sized bed. Beside it there was a night stand. A huge closet , ceiling high along the wall, opposite his bed. I wanna know,  just how much clothes he owned? The floor is covered with marble, making it quite cold to step onto, furthermore, the air cond was on. 

Hyukjae the tv. He opened his drawer and showed me his huge collection of dvd. "Donghae you can choose whatever movie you want to watch. You're my special guest today." 

I squatted beside him to see and choose a movie. I ran my hand through the CDs and DVDs. "Let's watch this. I love this!". I chose 'White Chicks'. I love seeing the boys dressed up as a high-end girls to solve a police problem. Hyukjae took the CD and put it inside the player. 

We sat together on his large bed to watch the movie. He was lying on my lap, and I straightened my legs comfortably on the bed. We spent our evening finishing about 3 movies. 

Later at night, his mother dragged me to see Hyukjae unboxing his present. His mother took our pictures together. I like seeing this kid side of Hyukjae. He looked like a child who just received his christmas presents for today. After that, his mother packed me something to bring back home. She said, they won't finish it, so instead of throwing it, she wanted to give it to me. Maybe... they can survive with blood. No. Donghae what are you thinking about? 

I thanked his mother and went back home. It was a memorable evening for me. 

~~~ 

We are having a week of holiday. Nearly everyday, I will go to his house and play with him. We would play video games, watch movie or hang out at the mall nearby. His family welcomed me, Hyukjae's first friend. I get to know him better. At least now, I knew he likes strawberry milk and sweet stuffs. I began to forget about his vampire-self. He do enjoy skinship so much that people often thinks we are gay. But I didn't care. If it's Hyukjae, then I wouldn't mind being a gay. Having him beside me soothes my mind. 

School reopened. I went to school excitedly, I can meet Hyukjae again. We didn't meet in the last 3 days of the holiday since his family was going on a trip with him. He sent some pics of him strolling around the beach at night. A pic of him with the bright full moon. It was a mesmerising pic. It could be use as a wallpaper. If only I'm a girl, so, setting up my wallpaper to his picture won't spark up much controversies and rumors. 

I opened our class's door. But, Hyukjae was no where to find. Usually, he will be there before 7. But it was already 8 am today. I took my seat and began to read my book to distract my mind from thinking Hyukjae's whereabouts. 

Three days have passed. Mr. Siwon, our homeroom teacher began to question me since I was seen with Hyukjae quite frequently. Everytime I was asked, I can only answer "I don't know" or if I'm annoyed I would just say " off what do you want from him bullies?"

I grunted. I spamed him a lot in our chat. But he answer to none of it. Teachers started to be anxious since exam is just around the corner and Hyukjae is a brilliant kid. He wont purposely skip school. We all knew that. Something is suspicious and wrong. 

I watched back at the video I caught when I pulled a lot of pranks on him. I laughed and chuckled seeing every footage of it. 

"Oh my oh my. Do my son have a girlfriend?" Mom teased me when she saw I was laughing over a camera and phone. 

Donghwa,  my annoying older brother came in and pinched my cheeks and hugged me tightly. "Oh my! Haehae finally someone appreciated you. You have my blessings bro", he planned to land a kiss on my pinched cheek, but I pushed him away. "Ok seems like he only want her girlfriend to kiss him mom". They chuckled together. I 'hmph'-ed him. I was just looking at my video footage of Hyukjae. No girls were involved. 

I hushed them from my room and locked my door. I wanted to sleep since I'll go somehwere tomorrow. 

I woke up early. I got ready for school and left my house as usual. But, I was supposed to have a right turn after the junction to go to my school, but I went to the left and planned to skip school for the entire day. 

I went to a public toilet and changed my clothes. I loitered at a playground nearby to kill some time. Around 9, I went to Hyukjae's house. I saw his parents were getting ready to go to work. I pressed the bell. His parents looked at me and shocked. I was supposed to be at school, I knew that. But, Hyukjae is my friend, and friend comes first. I want to know what happened to him. 

His parents were reluctant to tell me the truth. I begged them to spill everything. 

"Please Ms Lee, Mr Lee. He was the only friend I had. I adore him so much." 

I pleaded his mom and cried in her embrace. I snorted a bit. "...please", I begged them again when my sobs began to calm. 

His mother looked at me in my eyes. Her serious face told me something serious had happened to Hyukjae. She asked me to get in the car first. I followed her as instructed. 

"Donghae.. do you want to know what happened to Hyukjae?"

I nodded at the back seat. 

His dad cleared his throat. 

"Some said he was a vampire, as what you heard". He began. A huge samurai sword just sliced me like a sashimi. I wish they haven't found that I did all those cruel pranks to Hyukjae just to expose he's a vampire. 

"... and we knew, you've been thinking like that too", his mother continued. She just dipped the sashimi-ed me in a wasabi making my body aches. I wanna open the door and ran from the car, but it was locked. Am I being a hostage here? 

"But, Hyukjae didn't care about it. He told us, you are a fun guy. You appreciated him. You treated him nicely eventhough you were stalking him weirdly at first. He told us people wont even bother to talk to him. But you were different. You chatted with him and even fought him back sometimes. He likes you, Donghae". I was speechless. All these while, I treated him badly, but he never hold any grudges. I'm disgusted with myself. 

"... so we think, as a friend to Hyukjae, you have the rights to know this". 

I felt a warm liquid started to drop from my eyes. I learned Hyukjae's biggest secret today. 

He was suffering from a disease called Xeroderma Pigmentosum where he can't be exposed to sunlight for a long time. That explained everything why he dressed weirdly. The red fluid where he had been drinking for this while, it was just a medicine for him to lessen the effect. How foolish am I to assume it was a pack of fresh blood. Fortunately, his case wasn't severe, so he will probably survive till his late 40s. If it's a severe case, he won't even survive till 20 and might develop a lot of cancer at the age as early as 9. Hyukjae is lucky, since his parents can afford all of his treatments and it is not severe, so he can still go out like a normal child with some protective layer. 

We arrived at the hospital where he had been warded. These past few weeks he had gone out too much, that a sign of change in his skin began to develop. Doctor need to watch him closely for this time being. I was guilty. I told him to wear like a normal student so he won't get bullied by his weird clothing again. His parents forgave me since I knew nothing about his disease. Besides, they thanked me for having the intention to protect Hyukjae from the bullies. 

I was infront of his room. His parents were at the lobby they wanted to buy something before going up to his room. So, like a grown up man, I went to his room alone. I inhaled as many oxygen as I can, removing carbon dioxide from my body to deposit the toxic mind of mine. I pushed the door. 

I could see Hyukjae was staring at the curtained window. The room was dark, only the light from the bathroom shone the room a bit. It's enough for me to appreciate Hyukjae's face inside my mind. I stared at him affectionately and smiled when he turned at me. I walked towards him and sat on his bed.

From that moment onwards, I promised to myself, I would treat Hyukjae nicely. I wanted to start a new chapter with him. 

"Hi there Lee Hyukjae how --- ?". 

I could feel he was grasping my shirt and pulled me closer. Our nose were inches apart when he started to brush our nose together and locked our lips together. Our tongues were mingling our hot breath. It was a warm and sloppy kiss. Kinda like 'I miss you/ welcome back' kind of kiss. We interwined our fingers and seperate our lips when there were not enough oxygen for us to respirate. 

He hugged me and let out a soft sobs, ".. I'm fine thank you for visitng me". 

"Guess we have a second child now aren't we honey?", a voice came from behind. It was his parents on the door. 

"Mom dad? What.. since when...???", Hyukjae pushed me from the bed and covered himself inside the thin blanket provided by the hospital. 

"Oh~ we saw everything", they both smirked, making I blush even harder. It when I don't have any blanket to hide myself. I take back my words, I hate this erted vampire. 

Finished. 

 

So diary, this is how I met my friend aka my boyfriend. It will be my last entree since I have a person to tell all my stories to. I won't be needing a diary anymore. Thank you for reading this last entree by me. 

Donghae, 2019. 

♡♡♡♡♡ 

 

I DID ITTT.. my first one shot ^^... I did not know where I get this idea from.

It was actually my question paper. It asked me to start your essay with "She's strange, I couldn't take my eyes off her .......", so this vampire thingy idea came out ><.. so I've decided to change my essay story to eunhae ver. But I've expand some of the plots cuz I dont want my fic to be less than 1000 words cuz I only have an hour to complete my essay and I've shorten a bit in my exam essay. TT and obviously, I cut every gay part in my essay I don't want to get throw away from my school due to my delulu mind. 

I'm sorry if it's lame and I hope ya'll enjoy this boring idea of mine 

Thank you for reading this garbage and sorry for any grammar mistakes. I'm exhausted to recheck everything huhyhy

kisses and hugs from me <33 ❤❤❤