Opportunity of a Lifetime?

Hey Sugar. (You dropped your innocence)

Another day, another morning shift at Insomniac. Hayoung skipped two steps as she got to the cafe door, fumbling in her pocket for the keys. And dropping them, naturally. Hayoung sighed, bending down to pick up the key bunch as her phone buzzed.

"Pick me pick me pick me up~"

"Damn it Park Sooyoung..." Hayoung groaned at the overly cheery, embarrassingly loud ringtone.

"Yes, what? I'm opening the cafe.."

"I sent you like.... a billion texts! You gotta see it, okay!"

"Can I see it after I finish up work? I'm kinda.. occupied." Hayoung mumbled, phone pressed between her shoulder and cheek as she fitted the key into the lock"

"Okay fine but you gotta see-"

"Yes, Miss Park, I will, so I'll talk to you during lunch okay?"

"Okay, same place?"

"Yup, the park outside the university grounds."

"Okay, seeya Youngie!"

"Kay byeee" Hayoung broke off the call, looking at the stacked chairs with a long-suffering sigh, and stretched her arms out before grabbing the first chair.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Ma'am, about the advertisement on the website..."

"What about it?" 

"I don't think its a good idea to advertise for something like that-"

"I think its fine, just leave it be."

"But ma'am-"

"Leave it." 

"Yes ma'am."

"Anything else?"

"Here's the month's sales report, ma'am. twenty-three percent increase in sales since the promotion using office workers as models."

"Okay, leave it here. Thank you, Geumhee, you can go take a break, okay? We'll close up earlier today, Monday's don't give us much physical sales in store anyway." 

Son Naeun, founder, director, and CEO of Sonna Studios was nothing if not polite to her employees and friends. Naeun gave her computer another look

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Sugar Baby wanted*

Timing flexible, all costs covered.

Email [email protected] to express interest

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Maybe Geumhee was right.... maybe I'll take it down." Naeun sat on the issue a little more, then clicked down the post for a sugar baby.

I'll think of something else.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I saw the messages. Did you really have to spam me like that?" Hayoung remarked sourly, taking a bite out of her kimbap roll, shoving her phone over to Sooyoung with their message thread open.

"I mean, it was a chance. I emailed them for you, by the way. You're-" Sooyoung stopped short when Hayoung choked on her bite of kimbap and stared at Sooyoung for a single horrified moment.

"You WHAT?"

"No, really, its a reputable company and you need the money and you probably have the time, and then you don't have to work at that ty cafe with that sleazy manager..."

"But still... why?"

"Because you're my best friend and I want you to be happy so if this works out you won't have any money problems anymore." Sooyoung pushed the phone back to Hayoung, and mumbled. "Sorry. Should have asked you first."

"Just hope they don't get back to you." Hayoung went back to eating her kimbap, her initial anger fading as she considered her friendship with Joy.

"What if they do reply?"

"Then.... we'll see how it goes then, I guess. Thanks for helping me contact them, I guess. They took down the thing when I looked."

'Maybe they found someone already."

'Yeah, maybe." Hayoung finished her kimbap, then stuffed the wrapper foil into a ball, shoving it into her bag. Sooyoung looked at her own rice roll, only half finished.

"How did you eat that so quick...?" Sooyoung took another bite as Hayoung snickered at her.

"Cafe rush trains you to eat real quick. I have class now, so I'll see you..... tonight to study? My place?" 

"Yeah, I'll see you there, Youngie. Bye~" Sooyoung waved as Hayoung threw her a mock salute, turning to rush over for her lecture.

=====================================================================================================================

 

How's this for a start..?

I'll try to update again this week as well.