🥀🌷✨

Flicker

When you feel your love's been taken
When you know there's something missing
In the dark, we're barely hangin' on
Then you rest your head upon my chest
And you feel like there ain't nothing left
I'm afraid that what we had is gone

Taeyong makes his way in the empty area carrying a bouquet of lilies. He looks at the flowers and sighs with a sad smile. The wind flows and he closes his eyes smiling again.

Then I think of the start
And it echoes a spark
And I remember the magic electricity
Then I look in my heart
There's a light in the dark
Still a flicker of hope that you first gave to me
That I wanna keep
Please don't leave
Please don't leave

"Taeyong! You had me worried sick!" He is hugged instantly with force as soon as he enters the house. When the body gets detached, he sees his husband standing with a silly smile on his face. He hands him the lilies and kisses his forehead. "I'm sorry Jae-ah. I just saw these lilies at a flower shop and I know how much you adore them so I bought you a bouquet. It took more time than I expected." He says with innocent eyes and a goofy smile.

Jaehyun shakes his head with a blush and smells the lilies closely.

When you lay there and you're sleeping
Hear the patterns of your breathing
And I tell you things you've never heard before
Asking questions to the ceiling
Never knowing what you're thinking
I'm afraid that what we had is gone

They're laying on their bed with Jaehyun's head on his chest as he reads his book in the night lamp. "Go to sleep now" He hears his husband whine and then roll his body aimlessly. He just kisses him to stop his whines saying "5 more minutes" against his lips.

Jaehyun just smiles and shakes his head again ruffling Taeyong's hair before burying himself in Taeyong's arms.

Then I think of the start
And it echoes a spark
And I remember the magic electricity
Then I look in my heart
There's a light in the dark
Still a flicker of hope that you first gave to me
That I wanna keep
Please don't leave
Please don't leave

Years. They were together for years yet Taeyong felt like its just a few days. He feels like he just met jaehyun a few days ago, fell in love with him at first sight and asked him out on a small cute date in a cafe.

He loves entering his house with jaehyun's bright smile greeting him. He wants to squish his husband to death and spoil him in all perspectives.

Jaehyun has always been sick and fragile which gave Taeyong another reason to not let him do anything. He cooked for them and earned by his job. Jaehyun complained a lot but seeing his stubbornness he had to give up.

"Hyunnie?" Taeyong said as he entered the house a little surprised how his husband wasn't there to greet him like always. Was something going wrong? He wanted to know.

Jaehyun had been avoiding him for a while all of a sudden. His hugs were half emotioned and his smiles were forced. Was Taeyong a bad partner? Jaehyun wouldn't even eat properly with him staring at his food and whenever Taeyong asked him about going out he would always tell him he's not feeling well. Was this a downfall in their marriage.

His thoughts were eating him alive till he opened the door to find jaehyun cuddled in a corner of their bed. He looked up and taeyong's heart broke at the sight. His eyes were puffy, his nose and cheeks were red and Taeyong immediately ran to him.

 

And I want this to pass
And I hope this won't last
Last too long

"I have cancer yongie." God Taeyong wishes that day never existed. He wishes he didn't hear those words. He cuddled Jaehyun all night and they both cried in each other's arms falling asleep.

Jaehyun was fortunately getting a lot better and the doctors said that Jaehyun might be one of the cancer survivors. Taeyong jumped with joy and was so happy. He knew there was no separation of him and his love of life.

One day jaehyun started breathing heavily all of a sudden. "Hyun... hyunie?! What's happening?!" Taeyong said panicking dialing the ambulance emergency number as fast as he could. "Yongie.. I'm so sorry.. I'm sorry. I love you." Jaehyun started saying ever so softly with the little strength he had in himself. "No no no no no no jae.. Don't do this. you're not going to die okay.. you're going to survive... please... please i love you so much." Taeyong was crying in the van as they were making their way to the hospital. "I love you Tae.. take care of yourself...find someone to take care of you..and don't worry too much." They were both crying and laughing bitterly. Jaehyun closed his eyes.

He never opened them again.

Then I think of the start
And it echoes a spark
And I remember the magic electricity

Taeyong had been walking aimlessly for months drinking and getting wasted. Everything was painful without Jaehyun. But then he found another special someone to worry about and take care of.

A cat faced thai male. He was short. Almost a head shorter than him and had one of the brightest smiles. Taeyong felt like Ten was his saving angel that gods decided to gift him after taking his angel away.

And Ten did save him. He got a lot better and the old wounds started to heal.

He married Ten exactly where he had married Jaehyun. This time it was Ten walking down the isle instead of Jaehyun and he loved Ten as much as he loved Jaehyun. Maybe even more.

Then I look in my heart
There's a light in the dark
Still a flicker of hope that you first gave to me
That I wanna keep
Please don't leave
Please don't leave

Taeyong opened his eyes. He walked towards the stone where the initials were engraved. Lee Jung Yoon Oh. He smiled and got on his knees as he placed the lilies in front of it.
"Yongie!" He turned around to see Ten walking towards him with a few things in his hand.

He came close and Taeyong saw what he was carrying.

It was a very old photo of Jaehyun wearing a white sweater with light blue stripes as he was smiling shyly.

Ten placed the photo down and then placed a blue rose beside it. "Blue would look beautiful on him." He said smiling sweetly.

Taeyong was really greatful to both his sunshines.

 

this is really short and simple oof but this idea was stuck in my mind so yeah. 

also man I cried writing this. T_T