Chapter 01

Forever And A Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The buzz was clear.

Seeing that her friend was able to gather such artists in such short notice meant Seulgi and Seungwan are definitely A-Listers. It was out of the ordinary for Seulgi. Something her photos were not sure of until Seungwan encouraged her to put them up together with such exquisite art.

 

Her parents would definitely be proud.

 

With flashing lights across the length of the red carpet, Seulgi entered the gallery with a smile on her face. Once inside, she made sure her camera had no flash in case she would like to take a photo of an art she could take for her mother. Seungwan did a number around the gallery as she was able to smell faint scents of flowers around the big hall. She smiled reminiscing their childhood. Seungwan did loved the outdoors.

 

She walked towards the hall where all the rest of the art were displayed. She fish out her camera and took pictures of the crowd. Her bestfriend appeared and greeted her with a smile. Like her usual, Seungwan was narrating something about history when she something... rather someone caught her eye. Seulgi hurriedly snapped a photo and paused to check the photo.

 

“Why do you seem lonely for a very beautiful woman?” Seulgi asked quietly.

 

Seungwan took notice and smiled. Her bestfriend did have an eye for everything that is beautiful. She pulled her towards the woman who was wearing her all white dress complimenting Seulgi’s. One would think the two were actually on a date now that they stood next to each other. Initially extremely shy, all Seulgi could do was smile. But there was this energy around the air that felt intoxicating for her.

 

“Hi! My name is Kang Seulgi.”

 

@@@@@@@

 

If something was constant in Joohyun's life it was art. Cities, countries, people... it all changed as more years went by and she moved around but art was always there. The same art she loved and new art was created and it followed her wherever she went. Love wasn't for her so she decided to dedicate most of her free time for going to different art galleries and taking pictures of the sky, she loved the sky. Today she was at another gallery as usual. It was fairly new and she had been told about it by her loyal butler Sooyoung who's girlfriend was more familiar with the gallery. Joohyun was walking around, taking her time looking at each piece lost in thought when she heard a smooth voice from her side. With a small twitch of her brow she turned to look at the woman, clearly a sight to behold, and gave her a small polite smile.

 

“Bae Joohyun.”

 

@@@@@@@

 

Seungwan happily told Seulgi that she and Joohyun were the largest benefactors of the event. Seulgi couldn’t help but smile because a huge part of the proceeds were going to the home for the aged. Unfortunately she felt that Joohyun was rather uninterested with her. The woman did not smile, not even in politeness. However, Seulgi did let out a smile as Seungwan gave her the chance to talk to the woman privately.

 

They were left alone standing in front of an art she knew so well. An art she actually made. She made it hoping someday she would meet the person she loves while staring at it.

Maybe she already has.

 

“Would you be doing anything tonight, Miss Bae? Perhaps joining the after party?”

 

@@@@@@@

 

Joohyun had left parties behind her as it was just people trying to socialize and find someone to sleep with and she didn't feel like putting in the effort. Not anymore. It would just bring more heart break to her miserable life.

 

“I heard there's going to be a beautiful sunset tonight... I don't want to miss it.”

 

She did think this monolidded woman was cute and she wouldn't mind listening to her talk more but she couldn't do that at a party anyway. It was known in Joohyun's circles that she was not one to be seen at the after parties even if she had been hosting the main event. She left the party and allowed Sooyoung and her best friend Yerim to manage details on her behalf. Those two could make anything into a party.

 

“Ah, you have a camera?” She spotted the device in Seulgi's hands.

 

“You could join me and take pictures of the sunset... unless you'd rather go to the party.”

 

@@@@@@@

 

“I think that's an easy question to answer Miss Bae." Using her free hand Seulgi offered it and did a small bow.

 

“May I accompany you to the veranda and see the sunset today?” Seulgi smiled brightly, with full of confidence.

 

There was something about Joohyun that made the woman mysterious. Seulgi was hooked and willing to solve the mystery called Bae Joohyun.

 

“If you just lead the way…” Seulgi offered as she waited for Joohyun to take her hand.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Joohyun didn't trust strangers so easily anymore and didn't want to be swept up in another romance only for it to be another silly crush.

 

“Second floor… There's less noise there.” Joohyun simply walked past the alpha to lead the woman towards the staircase without taking her hand.

 

She didn't intend it to be rude. She was just simply protecting herself and her weak heart. Life had been cruel enough already.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Denied Seulgi simply smiled and scratched her head. She followed the woman wondering if there is more such a way not to be declined so rudely. Perhaps Joohyun was the type to not trust people the first time they meet. Seulgi had to chuckle quietly trying to make sense of what was happening to her.

 

As they took the stairs and towards the veranda, Seulgi couldnt help but take pictures if Joohyun as she walked towards the big glass windows. Once out, she watched beside the woman admiring the pinkish orange sky.

 

“You like these things Miss Bae?” Seulgi asked as she took one shot. She placed her camera down and noticed the forlorn look on Joohyun’s face. She opened but decided not to pry. She leaned over the terrace and watched the sun fully set in the horizon.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Joohyun walked out and motioned the Seulgi to close the doors after them to shut out the sound of people talking downstairs. She simply nodded to answer the question while leaning against the railing, her gaze on the pinkish sky. It reminded her of how she thought she was falling in love, the color becoming more beautiful only to slowly fade away and go dark as she'd realize it was just a crush. How many times did she hope only to realize the relationship was doomed to fail and she would forever be alone in this world?

She was still the same Bae Joohyun she had been for a thousand years already.

Joohyun was deep in her thoughts while gazing at the sky, forgetting Seulgi was right there next to her.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Seungwan appeared from behind with Sooyoung in tow. It seemed Joohyun had asked her to watch for the time so she can go home before the after party starts. Seulgi cleared indicating to her bestfriend that she might need time to talk to Joohyun a little more before the woman decides to leave completely. Seungwan takes the hint. The curator carefully drags her girlfriend for some private matters before she leaves with Joohyun.

 

Now alone, Seulgi didn’t dare hesitate.

 

“Would it be alright if i get your number?" Seulgi asked handing her phone to Joohyun.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Joohyun shook her head to get out of her thoughts and turn to smile at the others only to see Seungwan drag Sooyoung somewhere. She turned to look at Seulgi and saw the offered phone. A part of her told her not to do it but she still took the device and typed in her number, saving it under ‘Bae Joohyun’.

“There. I should get going before the party starts.” Joohyun bowed her head a little and headed towards the glass doors to go back in the house.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Seulgi was left, standing on the veranda in awe.

 

“Must be losing my charm.” She smiled and walked inside as well. Her eyes carefully watched as Joohyun bid Seungwan goodbye while she stood with people conversing on things she was not interested in. She took her phone and sent a message.

 

To Bae Joohyun: I hope to see you soon.

 

Seulgi continued to rub elbows with the rest of the crowd despite her mind stuck onto Joohyun. The rest of the night was a blur but Seulgi hoped to see the woman again soon.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Joohyun was already on her way home when she got the text from an unknown number, assuming it was Seulgi so she saved the number under ‘Kang Seulgi’. There was something about the woman that stuck out to her and she couldn't get her out of her mind the rest of the night.

 

A couple days after, Joohyun was on a walk at a park since the weather was absolutely beautiful and she had the day off. She liked going by the small river and take pictures with her phone, deciding to take a couple of selfies by the river. She was supposed to send one of them to Sooyoung, but accidentally sent it to Seulgi instead.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Seulgi just finished working on her comp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter