Training

Dear, Love

Countdown: Three weeks before ESports Festival 2019

Sehun headed to his seat as soon as he entered the clubhouse. He was at least an hour early for today's training, like usual. He was planning to turn up two hours earlier for the training, but he didn't hear his alarm when it rang this morning. The extra practice last night went slightly too late into the night.

Sehun checked his phone while he waited for his desktop to set up. Messages, emails, phone calls, tweets. 

There was a message from Junmyeon.

'Come to the office,'

He left his seat and headed straight to Junmyeon's room.

Documents were all over Junmyeon's table when Sehun entered the room. 

"Is there anything you want to say?" he asked.

Junmyeon turns to look at his younger cousin. He took out a list and handed it over to Sehun.

"You guys will be going for intensive training in Sanya, China. Here's the plan. Any changes have to be approved by me,"

Sehun was not surprised. The main event for the upcoming festival was a gaming competition that would affect individual rankings. Every professional gaming team would be expected to participate. The festival was one of the very few opportunities that allow players to move up their worldwide rankings.

"We're setting off on Saturday morning," Sehun said, going through the list of activities for the training. The training is going to last for two weeks, a week more than what they usually did.  

The headquarters must have pressured Junmyeon to show some results by the end of this gaming term.  

"Everything's fine," he confirmed, handing the documents back to Junmyeon.

"I'm counting on you to handle the kids,"

Sehun nodded, making his way out. That means more time to train, less time to joke around for the kids. Adrenaline surged through his veins. He breaks into a smile. There's more time for Sehun to test out his strategies for major competitions. What a wonderful opportunity.

Freaking great, he cannot wait for Saturday to come.  

He returned to his seat and started on his training. The rest of the team came shortly, and the training lasted the whole day accompanied with short breaks in between to give the players a breather. However, Sehun doesn't seem to be bored. He never left his seat even when everyone else headed to the dining hall for lunch. He was planning to continue playing, until Junmyeon and his vice-captain came over and dragged him to the dining hall for lunch.

After training at the club, Sehun would return home and lock himself in his room and continued playing, making sure he can come up with new ways and strategies to play the game. It was scary how Sehun was so passionate about gaming, but it was a relief that he knew his limits and knew when enough is enough.

Days went by, and the cycle repeats.

Gaming Genius, they called him. 

Indeed fit for his name. 

Sehun was only fifteen that year when he led the team to win the local DOTA championship and was qualified to compete for the World Cyber Games. He then went ahead and won the team competition.

Gaming genius became his title ever since. 

There was a female player who was hailed the gaming genius before him. Her team was the runner up for the year.

Sehun saw how she was calm and elegant in the waiting room, but different on the gaming table. 

She was hot-blooded, zealous, glowing with excitement and passion.

That was where he fell in love with her graceful yet passionate self.

He recalled first seeing her when he was nine. Junmyeon had tricked Sehun into attending one of his first gaming competition.

She was only fourteen when he saw her in Junmyeon's team.

The team went ahead to secure the Champion title at the World Cyber Games Championship after winning the local competition. People started calling her a gaming genius ever since. 

She was unforgettable, especially when she's such a beauty.

He worked hard to uphold his title in the industry because he wanted to worthy of her status. 

That was one of his source of motivation to press on and conquer all obstacles.

He wanted to prove that he was worthy of her attention.

Junmyeon always , calling her his goddess. There was no wrong in that, Sehun worshipped her. His eyes never left her when she was around.

 

 

Sehun returned home after the training, heading to his room to repeat his usual routine. He was planning to do a quick practice and head to bed early. The team is heading to Sanya tomorrow morning. As the team captain, he better not be late.

He was sipping on water when his phone rang. He looked at the caller ID.

Seulgi.

It was like as if she always had ways to disrupt his lifestyle and at unexpected timings.

"Hello?"

"Supper? My treat,"

It would have been great if Seulgi had called him a few days earlier. He would have accepted the invitation and met for supper.

"I have things on tomorrow,"

"How about tomorrow night?"

"Not available,"

"Next Friday?"

"Nope,"

He could hear her heave a huge sigh. She mumbled a few words as well, but it was too soft for Sehun to hear. He felt bad. It has been weeks since their last encounter, and they didn't even exchange text messages until she called him tonight.

"Hm, I guess that's too bad then," 

"Yeah,"

Seulgi continues to sound disappointed. 

If that was a plan to make Sehun awful, she was already halfway succeeding. 

"I'll just hang up here," 

Sehun cleared his voice. His brain was turning quickly. He wanted to make her feel better before hanging up. Or else he wouldn't be able to focus during training.

"How about two weeks after?"

"You mean supper?" 

He sighed, wondering why the heck did he even suggest that. When he thought about it, it was weird for him to have suggested that.

Who plans a supper two weeks in advance?

"Yes,"

"Sure! Then, I'll see you in two weeks!"

"Goodbye,"

Sehun was puzzled. He wasn't even sure why he suggested meeting her after he returned from the training. Especially when the Esports festival was going to be one week away when he returns.

Once again, Sehun had a change of plans because Seulgi decided to disrupt his lifestyle with a phone call. The thing is, he might have expressed frustration after confirming the plans, but he has no plans to call it off. He doesn't mind meeting up with Seulgi at all. 

And he didn't even realise that.

 

 

Countdown: Two weeks before ESports Festival 2019
Location: Sanya, China

Morning came quickly yet again. It has been a week since the team arrived at Sanya for their intensive training. The schedules were insanely packed. The team was tasked to run two extra kilometres for their morning run and training hours last till ten at night.

The only good thing is that the members take turns to play against each other in a selected game. The ultimate winner gets to rest early that night.
Sehun and his vice-captain have been taking turns winning the title and resting early since the first day. It caused restlessness in the team but was quickly shut off by Junmyeon who offered to play against them.

Back in his days as a professional gamer, Junmyeon was considered a legend. Many of the team players first applied to the club because of him. No one dared to play against him because even Sehun can't win him now, who else could?

The team had just finished their morning run and were on the way back to the hotel for breakfast.

"I heard more teams were coming to Sanya," 

Sehun turned. "Which team?"

The younger ones shrugged, "We don't know," 

Would there be a chance to meet her? 

Sehun's not sure, but it would be nice to be able to see her here. It has been months since he last saw her. The previous time was at a friendly competition between the Korean teams.

From afar, he spotted a familiar female figure.

It seems to be her, but he couldn't be too sure.

Just then, his phone vibrated. It was a message from Junmyeon.

'Get everyone to the Aquarius ballroom after breakfast. We're going to play a friendly match,'

After receiving the message, the team quickly filled their plates and headed straight to the ballroom. No one dared to sit down in the dining hall to have their meal. They fear that Junmyeon would punish them for taking too long to have breakfast.

Sehun sat in the dining hall while watching all the members exiting the dining hall hurriedly. He thought it was best to head in last so that no one gets reprimanded for being later than the captain.

His vice-captain volunteered to bring his food in so he didn't need to hold on to his food while he waited. It saved his effort, so why not. 

After ensuring that everyone has left the dining hall, Sehun grabbed an apple and headed to the ballroom.

A female was engaged in a call outside the ballroom, back facing him. Dressed in a burgundy jumpsuit, matched with black heels. Her long wavy hair was tied up into a bun.

It made Sehun freeze in his steps. It was indeed her. 

Im Yoona. 

Sehun could feel his face burn up. He suddenly felt not himself. How should he greet her? Smile at her and shake hands? Or should he nod his head at her?

His palm started to sweat. 

The female turned, sensing someone behind her.

A smile emerged on her face. She ended her call within the next minute and put away her phone.

"Hello,"

Sehun cleared his voice. He was trying his best to act like his usual self. "Hi,"

"It's been a few months since we last met?"

Sehun drew a sharp breath. She remembers the last time they met?

"Yes, of course," he nodded, returning her with a shy smile while he lowered his head.

"I'm looking forward to your performance during the competition. All the best,"

Yoona gave a sweet smile following a gentle pat before she headed back into the ballroom.

Sehun snapped out of it, calming himself down.

The core players of Team NP must be here as well. Another friendly match between the two tops in Korea? 

He is more than ready for a fun ride.