First

Dear, Love

First of all, thank you for subscribing! Please do enjoy :))


It was her first time running the orientation programme. She can't be late.

Nope, she's late.

All because she needed to get coffee to keep herself awake. She also had a hard time falling asleep last night.

Seulgi spent her night thinking about everything. She didn't know what to expect today. She had no prior experience to guide her. Her club mates were all depending on her as well.

How could she not panic?

What if she forgot her speech and messed up during the opening?

What if the orientation didn't go out as planned?

She bit her lips in regret. She should have rehearsed her speech for the forty-eighth time last night.

How is she going to handle all the embarrassment from walking into the lecture hall late? Everyone is going to give her weird stares.

She should have taken a cab.

She was trying her best to quicken her pace while not spilling the coffee on her hand.
Her phone vibrated in her pocket. It was probably the vice-president.

It was close to nine, and she was at least ten minutes away from school.

She slides her fingers across the screen. "Yes, Jongin?"

"Where the heck are you?"

"I'm ten minutes away," Her heart was beating fast. Jongin sounded pretty angry now.

The call was making her even more nervous than before.

Her shoes were also making her life harder than it was. Seulgi had to be extremely cautious and not slip on the wet floor. There was a left turn in front of her. Seulgi sped walked closer to the walls and turned.

She did not expect that another person was leaning against the wall. Out of all the times, she slipped and fell forward, sending her coffee out of her hand.

The cup of coffee landed on the stranger's shirt.

So did she.

Seulgi quickly got back on her feet. "I'll call you later!" she quickly said, hanging up.

The stranger looked at his stained shirt and turned to look at her.

Seulgi looked at his shirt, obediently clasping her own hands and smiling embarrassingly.

"I'm so so sorry. I'll pay for the cleaning services," she bowed multiple times.

The male shook his head. "It's alright,"

Seulgi couldn't tell if the male was angry or frustrated. "I'll pay for the services, but I'm in a rush now so do you mind waiting for me at my school? The orientation ends at 12. I'll treat you to lunch as well."

The male continued to clean his shirt. "It's fine. I can barely see the stain,"

The stain wasn't his main reason behind his annoyance anyway. He just wanted to leave and head back to the club.

Seulgi retrieved her keys from her bag and shoved it into the male's hands.

"I assure you that I won't be running away. Please do meet me at the school gate at 12. Seoul University."

The male looked at her, surprised. He didn't expect her to go to this extent. "Sure," he nodded.

"Then, see you!" and that she sped off, leaving her empty cup on the floor, forgetting to clean up.

His phone rang.

It was then that he realised he had to clean up after the girl. He muttered curses under his breath before accepting the call.

"Hey, have you seen my girlfriend?"

He sighed frustratedly, preparing to raise his voice. "How would I know?!"

"Told you to keep a lookout for her at her campus!"

"I'm not a spy! Don't get me to do ridiculous things after you fought with her." he sighed helplessly, running his fingers through his hair.

"Just think of it as a favour," the voice over the phone became softer, like a pet kitten wanting its meal.

"You owe me too many," he shook his head.

"Whatever, she should be done with her programme. Bring her to the club,"

"Sure," he nodded, making his way to the campus.

 


"Everyone's dismissed. See you guys tomorrow!"

The small crowd dispersed, leaving a smaller group of friends to pack up.

"Anyone up for lunch?"

Seulgi turned, smiling apologetically. "You guys can go, I have someone waiting for me at the gate."

She got pulled aside. "You have a boyfriend?"

Frantically shaking her head, "No, I spilt coffee on someone today. I'm supposed to meet him for lunch and to pay for the cleaning of his shirt."

The rest groaned, "Bummer,"

"I'll head out first, see you guys tomorrow!"

Seulgi rushed to the school gates, fearing that the stranger grew irritated for waiting for her. She looked around, only to find out he wasn't there.
She searched high and low, only in vain. Her keys are still with him. Without the keys, she can't return home.

She cursed under her breath. There's no way to contact him. She can only blindly wait and hope that he would turn up.

"You're still here?"

Her other friends approached her.

"Yeah, I don't see the guy anywhere."

"Let's go for lunch anyway. I'd say the stranger is not coming."

The rest agreed, pushing Seulgi together with them as they walk towards the left.

"He has my keys. If I don't get it back I have to sleep outside tonight," Seulgi reasoned.

"Do you want me to stay with you?" Jongin asked.

"No, it's fine. Thanks for the offer. You guys go ahead, I'm fine. I promise," she assured.

The group eventually left, after making lots of noises voicing out all the what-ifs and maybes. It frightened Seulgi slightly, but the stranger didn't look much like some kidnapper or killer.

She had no choice but to stay at the gates for the whole afternoon, hoping that the stranger would appear soon.

 


He stretched his body with both his fists in the air.

The training was over for the day. They had been training from ten in the morning.

He glanced at his watch. It was already six.

Something was at the back of his head. Is there something he had forgotten to do?

He waved the thoughts away and returned to his club room, switching on his computer. It was time for self-training.

He noticed something odd on his desk, a pair of keys. Who left it there?

It finally came to him.

Oh, the girl. Coffee. Shirt. Lunch. 12.

12.

Wait, 12?!

Six hours have already passed since the promised timing.

He stood in front of his computer, should he head out now? Would she still be there waiting for him?

After a minute of struggling, he grabbed his car keys and her keys and headed out hastily.

Guilt overcame him. He could only pray that the girl had left, but he still needed to return her the keys.

When he arrived, he spotted a petite female leaning against the wall of the school gates.

The guilt grew bigger.

He gulped as he stopped his vehicle in front of her, lowering the window.

"Hey," he called out, catching the attention of the female

A tiny smile emerged from her face, a smile of relief. He felt even worse.

"Get on. I'll treat you to dinner."

She got on, and he drove away.

There was silence in the car. He didn't know what to say or how he should apologise. He was one that only spoke when needed.

His grip on the handwheel tightened. And Seulgi noticed it.

She cleared her voice, catching the attention of the stranger. "We agreed on meeting at 12," she started.

"Ah, right."

"And you came at 6," she continued.

Silence followed after that.

A thousand thoughts went across his mind as he tried forming sentences to say.

"I apologise for making you wait for six hours. It was my fault that I forgot about the meeting."

"It's okay. I shouldn't have given you my keys. I couldn't return home without the keys. Maybe I should have given you my phone instead."

Weird, he thought.

Grumbles emerged from Seulgi's stomach, breaking his train of thoughts. He kept his eyes on the busy road, trying his best to act like he didn't notice. However, the sound was too loud to be ignored.

There was a hint of redness in her cheeks.

She cleared her voice, "So, where are we heading to for dinner?"

He looked at her for a brief moment, "Any idea where? I'm not very familiar with this place,"

Seulgi gave a thought. It's best to go somewhere simple for dinner.

"There's a noodle place behind the street," she answered, pointing at the left.

"Sure," he nodded in agreement.

 


It didn't even take Seulgi a minute to decide. The male sitting opposite her ordered the same as hers, sending the waitress away almost immediately.

The male whipped out his phone and stared at it since.

"Is it possible to return my keys now?" Seulgi asked, causing him to look up from his phone.

He placed his phone on the table, retrieving her keys from his pocket. "Sure,"

As he returned to his phone, Seulgi tossed a question to him. "What's your name?"

She had to find out his name after having to wait for him for six hours. The least he could do was to tell her his name.

"Sehun," he answered, without even looking up from his phone.

"Mine's Seulgi," she replied, leaning in slightly, just enough to take a glance at his phone. She wondered how boring she was to have him staring at his screen.

It seemed like he was playing some speed reaction game.

0.106 seconds.

That looks impressive. The game looked fun.

"Can I have a try?" she asked, causing him to look up.

"Sure," he replied nonchalantly, handing her his phone.

Seulgi received his phone from him and looked at the game excitingly. She did not know such games exists. She exhaled a deep breath, giving the male a subtle smile before pressing the start button.

A smile on her face eventually turned into a frown as she struggled to tap all the pigs that appeared on the screen to steal food from the farm.

She returned his phone after the end of the game.

He looked at the screen, 0.190 seconds.

Average speed. No surprise.

"Yours was 106. How did you do that?"

He shrugged, keeping his phone in his pocket as the food arrived at the table. "It's normal."

"I heard gamers have pretty fast reaction time as well. You should become one," she replied.

He responded with a shrug, "Maybe,"

"What do you do during your free time?"

"Gaming,"

Of course, that's what her other friends do as well. "For me, I go cafe hopping. Hangang is also very pretty at night," she responded with a smile.

Sehun responded with a nod, again. It's not like there's anything for him to reply.

Seulgi felt like she the only one willingly participating in the talk.

"Are you currently studying?" He nodded, "Cyber University."

"Cool," she replied, resuming to eat her food.

"Do you mind giving me your bank number so I can transfer the cleaning fees," she asked.

"No need for it," he replied. His voice sounded very low, Seulgi wondered if he was irritated at her for being so talkative.

"Please, I insist," she repeated, making sure she sounded firm and steady.

Sehun nodded again without opening his mouth to reply.

God, it's so hard to engage in a conversation with him. Seulgi swallowed a mouthful of noodles. She's having a hard time trying enjoying the food with such a difficult company.

As soon as they finished their food, Sehun paid for dinner with his card and offered to give her a ride home. It took them not long to reach her place.

"Thanks for the treat, although I should be the one paying for it," Seulgi said, unbuckling the belt.

"It's my form of apology for making you wait for six hours," Sehun replied, giving a slight nod.

"I'll be sure to pay for the cleaning services, and a meal,"

"There's really no need for it," he assured.

"No, I insist otherwise. It would be impolite on my part,"

Sehun opened his mouth to reject her goodwill, only to close them shortly. They would probably end up exchanging the same sentences if he refused.

She got out of the car and lowered her head to lock eyes with him, "I'll let you know when I've transferred the money! Have a good night,"

Once again, he replied with a slight nod. Seulgi responded with a polite nod before walking back to her apartment.

Before leaving, he just had to make sure that Seulgi managed to return home safely.