Chapter 1

Amalgamation

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

“Happy New Year~” Namjoon whispered the words that were being screamed into the air around them by their guests.

Seokjin smiled up at him, wrapping his arms around his waist. “Happy New Year~” Seokjin whispered back before lightly pressing his lips to Namjoon’s for a few seconds.

The party ended not much later, leaving Namjoon, Seokjin, and their sons. Yoongi, Hoseok, and Jungkook were busy cleaning up trash and dishes from the party while Taehyung and Jimin were stuffing their faces with the leftover party food when the couple approached them. “We have something we want to talk to you guys about.” Namjoon said, all five teenagers immediately stopping what they were doing to look at the two.

Seokjin took the lead, as he and Namjoon had decided when they first discussed how to approach their children with the subject. “This is something that Namjoon and I have been talking about for a few weeks now, but we don’t want to make any final decisions without talking to you first, because anything we do affects you too, and it wouldn’t be fair to not let you have a say.” The five boys look at Seokjin expectantly, none of them prepared for what he said next. “What would you think about us all moving in together?”

There was an extended moment of silence before Namjoon spoke up. “We know that we all had a rocky start and that some things are still being smoothed over and need to be worked on, which is why we aren’t making this decision without you. If the five of you think you can’t stand living together just yet, then we’ll drop it for now.”

There’s another stretch of silence before Yoongi clears his throat. “Can we talk about this, just the five of us, and then get back to you?” Seokjin and Namjoon nod their approval, and Yoongi immediately ushers the other four out to the balcony, Jimin making sure to grab the plate of sausage puffs on his way out.

“I vote yes!” Hoseok said the second Yoongi closed the door behind them. “I think this will be great for Dad and Jinnie, plus we could really use a bigger space.”

Jimin rolled his eyes slightly at the use of a nickname for his dad before giving his input. “It’s not a definite no from me, because I do agree that it would be great for our dads, but I’m not too big on the idea.” Jimin glanced over at Taehyung. “You may not be on my list anymore, and we may sit together at lunch occasionally, but I’m still pissed over what you did to Kookie, so I’m not exactly ready to live with you yet.”

“Totally understand~” Taehyung nodded in understanding, taking a sausage puff from the plate in Jimin’s hands.

“Get over it, Jimin~” Jungkook cut in. “I’m not even upset over it anymore. I have mixed feelings too, because I think it would actually be beneficial for all of us if we lived together, but I’m also worried about backlash Namjoon would receive with the whole him still being my teacher thing.” The administrators at the school were aware of Namjoon and Seokjin’s relationship, and while they allowed Jungkook to continue as a student in Namjoon’s class, mainly because there were no open spots in any other teacher’s classroom and they didn’t want to have to change another innocent student’s schedule just for that, Namjoon was monitored closely to make sure he wasn’t showing the boy any favoritism.

“I want to~” Taehyung finally gave his opinion. “I was a piece of to the both of them, so the least I can do is not stand in the way of them furthering their relationship.”

The four who had spoken continued listing off pros and cons of living together while Yoongi listened silently. Once they ran out of things to say, the oldest of the group finally spoke up. “It seems that none of us have any actual deal breaking reasoning to not live together at this moment. How about we give it a shot, and if we decide at some point that we can’t stand each other, then we can talk to our dads and see what to do from there?” At Yoongi’s suggestion, the other teenagers looked around at each other as they mulled it over.

A couple of minutes later, the teenagers went back inside, bursting into laughter at the sight of their dads dancing around the room while cleaning up, looking completely in love with each other. “Oh, you guys are back!” Seokjin exclaimed, stopping his twirling. “How’d the talk go?”

Yoongi looked at the other four one more time before speaking for them. “Yeah, let’s move in together~”

The following week was spent with Namjoon and his sons packing up their apartment while Jungkook moved his stuff over to Jimin’s room, the older sibling loudly complaining about having to share his room. They worked as quickly as they could as they wanted Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Taehyung to be moved in before the semester started, as they wouldn’t have as much time once school was back in session.

To their delight, Namjoon’s apartment was completely cleared out and Jungkook’s old bedroom was set up enough that the three new teenagers would be able to at least sleep comfortably with boxes of the rest of their belongings lying all throughout the spacious apartment by dinnertime the night before school started. “Isn’t this so exciting?” Seokjin asked after serving everyone the fish tacos he and Hoseok had worked on together. “Our first night together!” Seokjin’s enthusiasm was obviously directed more towards Namjoon, but the teenagers still gave half hearted replies to him about how excited they were.

After dinner, everyone retired to their bedrooms, Seokjin stopping in on Namjoon’s sons before going to tell his own sons goodnight. “Just a tip for you three, either plan on showering at night, otherwise you’ll have to wake up extremely early just to fit a shower in.”

Taehyung scoffed a bit after Seokjin walked away. “I think he underestimates how efficient we are at showering and getting ready in the morning.”