1/3

chocolate [ j.jk + p.cy]

Chaeyoung sulked into a crowded cafe, packed with families, teenagers and some oldies too. She frowned at the sight of the many people. 

"Chaeng! You made it!" She hears someone say. Turning, she spots 3 girls seated at small table hidden away in a corner. 

She grins as she makes her way through the crowd to them. "Finally! What took you so long?" Jisoo said, looking up from the menu she had been reading, pushing back her long wavy brown hair. 

"Sorry, my boss let me off late. I've also got to get back and proofread some documents he found." Chaeyoung sighed, taking a seat. 

"I swear, just let us know, Chaeng, we'll march in there and demand for a promotion or a raise. I don't see why he makes you do his work and he clearly is aware that you have just as much on your plate." Jennie said, slapping the menu on the table, earning a few stares her and there. 

"Yea! We totally got your back!" Lisa agreed. 

"Gee, thanks guys." Chaeyoung gave them a tightlipped smile. 

Just then the waiter came and took their orders. 

"Wait, so he just brought you lunch without you asking or anything?" Lisa asked. The waiter had just left and the girls were interested in Chaeyoung's new job at one of the high end companies in town. 

"Wow! Wait, what's his name again?" Jisoo gushed. 

"Um, it's Jaehyun. Jung Jaehyun." Chaeyoung said softly. "If you girls must, I have a picture." She rolled her eyes playfully, showing them a picture of him at the photocopy machine. 

"Swoon." Lisa said dreamily. "He's cute. You should go for him." 

"I totally agree, Chaeng. He's a total hottie." Jennie nodded consistantly. 

"Well, it wouldn't be easy you know, all the single women at the office are at world war II because of him. It's surprising to see that he's single. And anyways, I don't think I need a man. I've got you girls!" Chaeyoung insisted. 

Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie shared a look. 

"Please Chaeyoung, think for a bit. I've got Jong In, Lisa has a thing with Taehyung, and Jisoo's already engaged to Seok Jin. Out of the 10 years we've known each other for, you've never once expressed any feelings for any boy. It's either you want to live alone for the rest of your life or, well, you're les. And let's face it, you're smarter than that." Jennie listed. 

The three girls faced her with sly looks. 

"So what? I like my own company." Chaeyoung said defensively. 

"That's it. She's going to die alone. We tried our best girls." Jisoo face palmed herself. 

"Alright! Oh my gosh! If it pains you that much, why not you girls find a guy for me? Then I'll decide for myself how I want to end up." Chaeyoung huffed, just as the food came. 

"Perfect!" Lisa said. 

Chaeyoung didn't miss the secret high five Jennie and Lisa made from under the table. 

She sighed. "Let me guess, you had it all planned already?" 

"But of course! Look at his profile! He is a total cutie! And he's the same age! Isn't that amazing?" Jisoo smiled evily, showing Chaeyoung her screen. 

Chaeyoung grabbed the phone from her. "His name is Jeon Jeongguk? 22 years old, works as a professional photographer. Hmmm, I don't see why I should meet this Jeongguk guy." She passed the phone back to the older woman and said doubtfully.

"Just go Chaeng! If you don't feel a spark, then leave!" Lisa said frustratedly. 

"Fine! Fine! But only if I am available that day. If my of a boss decides I suit arranging his desk or clearing out his office instead of a date then that's not my problem." 

"Geeze, like that'll happen on a Saturday morning! But fine! Deal, if that really does occur, then we'll stop meddling into your love life and let you die alone. Fair?" Jennie grunted. 

"Fair." 

-------------------

"Ms. Park?" She heard her stupid boss call her. 

"Yes, sir?" She replied politely. 

"Hm, I know this is a personal question, but I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind babysitting my nephew this weekend. It's a Saturday morning. Only from 10 am to 12?" He asked, going through some files. "I noticed you have a great ability to control the young ones ever since we had kid's day." 

"Well, um, Sir, you see, I, uh, I have--" Chaeyoung began. 

"I'll double this months pay." He said as quick as lightning. 

"Deal!" Chaeyoung said, secretly rejoicing. She'd just have to tell the girls sorry. I mean, who knew whether she would've liked him anyway. 

"Perfect. I'll drop him at your house on Saturday." He said and left. 

Chaeyoung collapsed into her uncomfortable and used chair. "How am I supposed to tell the girls?!" She whispered to herself, taking out her laptop, beginning to start todays torture. 

Hey! At least she would get double her pay! Which would be more than enough to go on a little shopping spree for herself. Perfect! 

----------------- 

Chaeyoung rose early on Saturday, prepping herself by clearing out her very and I mean VERY messy apartment. In good spirits, she made herself a nice breakfast of pancakes instead of the usual rushed and burnt toast she had every morning.

It was 9.30 a.m when she finally showered and picked a nice pale pink dress she hardly wore. Feeling calm, she made herself a cup of coffee using the coffeemaker her sister had gotten her for her birthday. 

Ding dong!

10.am came before she knew it!

Giving herself a short peptalk, she opened the door and two figures panned into view. 

"Hi! I'm Jungwoo!" The boy grinned. He had cute doe eyes and black fluffy hair. He looked awfully familiar but Chaeyoung didn't recal him from Kid's Day as she would have remembered. 

"Hi! I'm Chaeyoung! Nice to meet you!" She bent down to his level.

"Great, now that you're both aqquanted, I'll take my leave. Jeongguk will be picking you up later." Her boss said, shutting the door. "Oh! And behave." He reminded Jungwoo before shutting it completely. 

"Wait, Jeongguk?" Chaeyoung's forehead shrunched. "Who's that?" 

"He's my older brother and he's totally cool! He said he'll buy me ice cream after this!" Jungwoo leaped up and down, running rounds around Chaeyoung's small apartment. 

"Really? And where is he now?" Chaeyoung asked, now freaking out. She had forgotten to let the girls know! 

"He said he had something really really important to do. That's why he couldn't take care of me." Jungwoo said, looking around. "Do you have any food to eat?" He asked.

Chaeyoung cringed. "Um, I have some Honeystars, if that interests you?" She said hopefully. She really had to go give Lisa a call. 

"Yes!! Honeystars! I love those!" He jumped. 

"Perfect!" Chaeyoung sighed, bringing the six year old a bowl of it. "Great, now stay here. I'm going to run into my room for a moment." She said, leaving the child to eat his honeystars. 

Once she was in her room, she locked the door. 

"Lisa! Pick up, Lisa!!!" She exclaimed in pure frustration. 

"Hello?" A croaked voice was heard. 

"Yo! Lisa! I completely forgot to tell you, but I'm busy today! Call Jeongguk and tell him I can't make it! But that I'm babysitting his little brother!" 

"What?! I have no idea what you just said so here's his number. Bye!" Lisa said and hung up. 

A few seconds later, she received his number. 

Instantly, she messaged him. 

-Hey, this is Park Chaeyoung. I'm supposed to be meeting you at xx cafe right now. Um, I'm really sorry for the complications, but do you mind just meeting me at the park nearby? 

She pressed sent. Fortunately, he replied almost immediately. 

-Oh. Thank goodness. I thought I was at the wrong place. Yea, sure. I don't mind. See you there. 

Phew, that went well. 

She grabbed her coat and went to tell Jungwoo.